Volvo S60

What car?

Volvo S60

Post by KNB @ Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:46 pm

Anyone any experiences of Volvo S60's, preferably petrol models? I'm not concerned about economy as I do less than 5k each year and my budget will probably be £1500 max.

Is this one http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... ?logcode=p liable to arse rape me with a big spikey dildo everytime I turn my back on it or could it be worth a punt?
KNB

Re: Volvo S60

Post by WD40 @ Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:58 pm

Autoboxes, electronic throttle modules and instrument clusters are the weak/£££ spots.

They also have the turning circle of Bismarck.
WD40

Re: Volvo S60

Post by KNB @ Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:31 pm

WD40 wrote:Autoboxes, electronic throttle modules and instrument clusters are the weak/£££ spots.

They also have the turning circle of Bismarck.

Whilst my Touareg has the tiptronic box I would probably avoid the Volvo auto's as I've read some horror stories about them. I'm also aware of the instrument clusters going tits up but I'll do a bit of research on the throttle module thingy.

I'm not too concerned about the turning circle though I was once caught out by the sheer uselessness of it in a V70. I drove a Volvo 960 for about a year and a regular U turn at the end of a narrow cul-de-sac could be completed in one swift manoeuvre. Apply full lock, keep the boot down, round you go and toddle off in the direction from which you came. First attempt in a V70 loaner seen me almost demolishing someone gate post about a third of the way round!
KNB

Return to Tyre Kicker's Corner