Latest F1 News...

Sports with engines.

Re: Latest F1 News...

Post by Doctor Congo @ Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:22 am

Darthdeathdealer wrote:Anyway, back to F1. Is Bottas going to be let off the leash now?


Since you’re such an f1 expert why don’t you suggest that to Mercedes?
User avatar
Doctor Congo
 
Posts: 6446
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:39 pm

Re: Latest F1 News...

Post by Deuteronomy @ Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:28 am

Darthdeathdealer wrote:Anyway, back to F1. Is Bottas going to be let off the leash now?


Just so you're aware, you've not created a sense of mystery around yourself by posting a picture of you dressed as a flat roof pub manager, meeting the Queen.

We still think you're a pathetic little man.
User avatar
Deuteronomy
 
Posts: 17017
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:57 pm

Re: Latest F1 News...

Post by CJ+ @ Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:52 am

Deuteronomy wrote:
Darthdeathdealer wrote:Anyway, back to F1. Is Bottas going to be let off the leash now?


Just so you're aware, you've not created a sense of mystery around yourself by posting a picture of you dressed as a flat roof pub manager, meeting the Queen.

We still think you're a pathetic little man.

Ha! My thought was "duty manager of a run-down Harvester in the west midlands".

>3W<
User avatar
CJ+
 
Posts: 16100
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:39 pm
Location: Lave Orbital Station
Highscores: 1

Re: Latest F1 News...

Post by Deuteronomy @ Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:54 am

>3W<
User avatar
Deuteronomy
 
Posts: 17017
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:57 pm

Re: Latest F1 News...

Post by Dirk @ Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:15 pm

Dirk wrote:DDD. I will Explicitly state that I have not shaken hands with the queen when accepting an award for something.


Though thinking about it I did swear at prince Philip. I told him to fcuk off but with more words
User avatar
Dirk
 
Posts: 30356
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:03 pm
Highscores: 5

Re: Latest F1 News...

Post by thekungfury @ Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:20 pm

CJ+ wrote:
Deuteronomy wrote:
Darthdeathdealer wrote:Anyway, back to F1. Is Bottas going to be let off the leash now?


Just so you're aware, you've not created a sense of mystery around yourself by posting a picture of you dressed as a flat roof pub manager, meeting the Queen.

We still think you're a pathetic little man.

Ha! My thought was "duty manager of a run-down Harvester in the west midlands".

>3W<

Laugh. Mine was reformed convict working with young offenders.

Also the dad from Gogglebox

Image
User avatar
thekungfury
 
Posts: 35070
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:27 pm
Highscores: 1

Re: Latest F1 News...

Post by Darthdeathdealer @ Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:35 pm

Deuteronomy wrote:
Darthdeathdealer wrote:Anyway, back to F1. Is Bottas going to be let off the leash now?


Just so you're aware, you've not created a sense of mystery around yourself by posting a picture of you dressed as a flat roof pub manager, meeting the Queen.

We still think you're a pathetic little man.



Oh.
Darthdeathdealer
 
Posts: 1282
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:57 am

Re: Latest F1 News...

Post by Darthdeathdealer @ Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:36 pm

thekungfury wrote:
CJ+ wrote:
Deuteronomy wrote:
Darthdeathdealer wrote:Anyway, back to F1. Is Bottas going to be let off the leash now?


Just so you're aware, you've not created a sense of mystery around yourself by posting a picture of you dressed as a flat roof pub manager, meeting the Queen.

We still think you're a pathetic little man.

Ha! My thought was "duty manager of a run-down Harvester in the west midlands".

>3W<

Laugh. Mine was reformed convict working with young offenders.

Also the dad from Gogglebox

Image


Yes I did look a bit like that in 2008, which was 9 years ago.
Darthdeathdealer
 
Posts: 1282
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:57 am

Re: Latest F1 News...

Post by Darthdeathdealer @ Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:37 pm

Doctor Congo wrote:
Darthdeathdealer wrote:Anyway, back to F1. Is Bottas going to be let off the leash now?


Since you’re such an f1 expert why don’t you suggest that to Mercedes?


They don’t need me to tell them that, I reckon they probably know.
Darthdeathdealer
 
Posts: 1282
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:57 am

Re: Latest F1 News...

Post by Doctor Congo @ Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:00 pm

Darthdeathdealer wrote:
Doctor Congo wrote:
Darthdeathdealer wrote:Anyway, back to F1. Is Bottas going to be let off the leash now?


Since you’re such an f1 expert why don’t you suggest that to Mercedes?


They don’t need me to tell them that, I reckon they probably know.


Yeah I’m sure that they know that it’s time they told their 4 times world champion he’s actually talentless. Of course they do, a jug eared, red faced tw@t on the internet said so.
User avatar
Doctor Congo
 
Posts: 6446
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:39 pm

Re: Latest F1 News...

Post by Darthdeathdealer @ Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:39 pm

Doctor Congo wrote:
Darthdeathdealer wrote:
Doctor Congo wrote:
Darthdeathdealer wrote:Anyway, back to F1. Is Bottas going to be let off the leash now?


Since you’re such an f1 expert why don’t you suggest that to Mercedes?


They don’t need me to tell them that, I reckon they probably know.


Yeah I’m sure that they know that it’s time they told their 4 times world champion he’s actually talentless. Of course they do, a jug eared, red faced tw@t on the internet said so.



I didn’t know your mum had said something on the internet.
Darthdeathdealer
 
Posts: 1282
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:57 am

Re: Latest F1 News...

Post by Deuteronomy @ Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:01 am

Darthdeathdealer wrote:
Doctor Congo wrote:
Darthdeathdealer wrote:
Doctor Congo wrote:
Darthdeathdealer wrote:Anyway, back to F1. Is Bottas going to be let off the leash now?


Since you’re such an f1 expert why don’t you suggest that to Mercedes?


They don’t need me to tell them that, I reckon they probably know.


Yeah I’m sure that they know that it’s time they told their 4 times world champion he’s actually talentless. Of course they do, a jug eared, red faced tw@t on the internet said so.



I didn’t know your mum had said something on the internet.


Honestly, that's beyond weak as a comeback.

Why do you post here DDD?

It's not for the camaraderie, for certain. Please don't do it because you enjoy getting us all worked up, really we're not incandescent with rage every time you post so you needn't sit there giggling smugly to yourself. It may not come across well, but it's cringing pity.

We need more posters here, so if you are going to stick around, try harder not to be so insufferable.
User avatar
Deuteronomy
 
Posts: 17017
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:57 pm

Re: Latest F1 News...

Post by Darthdeathdealer @ Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:46 pm

Image

Image
Darthdeathdealer
 
Posts: 1282
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:57 am

Re: Latest F1 News...

Post by Käsemeister @ Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:01 pm

What?
User avatar
Käsemeister
 
Posts: 37064
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:24 pm
Location: Hanging on in quiet desperation.

Re: Latest F1 News...

Post by Dirk @ Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:10 pm

Käsemeister wrote:What?

Remember how at school there would be that kid who was nerdy but also thick, and would take delight in the misfortune of someone just because they were black,gay more talented, or, well anyone really. You may not remember him well because everyone just ignored him/them. .

Basically that.
User avatar
Dirk
 
Posts: 30356
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:03 pm
Highscores: 5

Re: Latest F1 News...

Post by Käsemeister @ Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:27 pm

Oh
User avatar
Käsemeister
 
Posts: 37064
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:24 pm
Location: Hanging on in quiet desperation.

Re: Latest F1 News...

Post by S1K @ Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:12 am

There is something interesting happening in F1 at the moment.

Ferrari have rapidly made a massive step forward in engine performance equivalent to a couple of years worth of development and the other engine/electric motor manufacturers don't understand how they've done it. Their acceleration out of corners is indicating that they've managed somehow to deliver a massive wodge more of electric power but all teams are limited to a maximum of 120KW and the FIA have checked out Ferrari's system and say that they're not exceeding that limit.

Nothing stays secret for ever in F1 so it'll be interesting to find out what they've done in time.
User avatar
S1K
 
Posts: 6215
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:10 pm

Re: Latest F1 News...

Post by Darthdeathdealer @ Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:01 pm

Käsemeister wrote:What?


He’s bent over waiting for that nice German man to bum him.
Darthdeathdealer
 
Posts: 1282
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:57 am

Re: Latest F1 News...

Post by Darthdeathdealer @ Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:06 pm

S1K wrote:There is something interesting happening in F1 at the moment.

Ferrari have rapidly made a massive step forward in engine performance equivalent to a couple of years worth of development and the other engine/electric motor manufacturers don't understand how they've done it. Their acceleration out of corners is indicating that they've managed somehow to deliver a massive wodge more of electric power but all teams are limited to a maximum of 120KW and the FIA have checked out Ferrari's system and say that they're not exceeding that limit.

Nothing stays secret for ever in F1 so it'll be interesting to find out what they've done in time.


It’s a more ‘intelligent’ electric boost system than the other teams have. It puts all the boosted power to the wheel with the best grip, based on feedback from the wheel speed sensors and load cells on the suspension. Nothing dodgy, just very very clever manipulation of existing tech regs and equipment. One key difference in the Ferrari system is that it can tell not only where to put the extra power, but when, and for how long to get the most efficient boost. It’s a bit like an inversed version of the ‘brake steer’ system, which was on the Mclaren in the noughties, but was quickly outlawed.
Last edited by Darthdeathdealer on Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:13 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Darthdeathdealer
 
Posts: 1282
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:57 am

Re: Latest F1 News...

Post by Käsemeister @ Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:26 pm

Darthdeathdealer wrote:
Käsemeister wrote:What?


He’s bent over waiting for that nice German man to bum him.


Gosh you’re tedious.
User avatar
Käsemeister
 
Posts: 37064
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:24 pm
Location: Hanging on in quiet desperation.

Re: Latest F1 News...

Post by Careless Whisperer @ Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:07 pm

Darthdeathdealer wrote:
S1K wrote:There is something interesting happening in F1 at the moment.

Ferrari have rapidly made a massive step forward in engine performance equivalent to a couple of years worth of development and the other engine/electric motor manufacturers don't understand how they've done it. Their acceleration out of corners is indicating that they've managed somehow to deliver a massive wodge more of electric power but all teams are limited to a maximum of 120KW and the FIA have checked out Ferrari's system and say that they're not exceeding that limit.

Nothing stays secret for ever in F1 so it'll be interesting to find out what they've done in time.


It’s a more ‘intelligent’ electric boost system than the other teams have. It puts all the boosted power to the wheel with the best grip, based on feedback from the wheel speed sensors and load cells on the suspension. Nothing dodgy, just very very clever manipulation of existing tech regs and equipment. One key difference in the Ferrari system is that it can tell not only where to put the extra power, but when, and for how long to get the most efficient boost. It’s a bit like an inversed version of the ‘brake steer’ system, which was on the Mclaren in the noughties, but was quickly outlawed.



Are you sure about that? Because the regs say:

The Regs wrote:The MGU-K must be solely and permanently mechanically linked to the powertrain before the main clutch.


Which begs the question how exactly do they split just the electrical power between each wheel and not ALL the power (engine and MGU-K)? And if they're splitting the power, then is that not a form of traction control and therefore banned?

So many questions, if only there was somebody who knew facts and didn't just make bullshit up...
User avatar
Careless Whisperer
 
Posts: 15148
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:07 pm
Location: The Real World
Highscores: 5

Re: Latest F1 News...

Post by Dirk @ Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:49 pm

Darthdeathdealer wrote:[/img]

Image

Ha indeed
Hamilton just won, after starting in 14th because of the hydraulic issue yesterday. Almost as if he were a good driver
User avatar
Dirk
 
Posts: 30356
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:03 pm
Highscores: 5

Re: Latest F1 News...

Post by Darthdeathdealer @ Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:14 pm

Dirk wrote:
Darthdeathdealer wrote:[/img]

Image

Ha indeed
Hamilton just won, after starting in 14th because of the hydraulic issue yesterday. Almost as if he were a good driver


Yeah, he’s still an absolute cnut though. It’s just a shame there’s other issues at the moment.
Darthdeathdealer
 
Posts: 1282
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:57 am

Re: Latest F1 News...

Post by Darthdeathdealer @ Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:17 pm

Careless Whisperer wrote:
Darthdeathdealer wrote:
S1K wrote:There is something interesting happening in F1 at the moment.

Ferrari have rapidly made a massive step forward in engine performance equivalent to a couple of years worth of development and the other engine/electric motor manufacturers don't understand how they've done it. Their acceleration out of corners is indicating that they've managed somehow to deliver a massive wodge more of electric power but all teams are limited to a maximum of 120KW and the FIA have checked out Ferrari's system and say that they're not exceeding that limit.

Nothing stays secret for ever in F1 so it'll be interesting to find out what they've done in time.


It’s a more ‘intelligent’ electric boost system than the other teams have. It puts all the boosted power to the wheel with the best grip, based on feedback from the wheel speed sensors and load cells on the suspension. Nothing dodgy, just very very clever manipulation of existing tech regs and equipment. One key difference in the Ferrari system is that it can tell not only where to put the extra power, but when, and for how long to get the most efficient boost. It’s a bit like an inversed version of the ‘brake steer’ system, which was on the Mclaren in the noughties, but was quickly outlawed.



Are you sure about that? Because the regs say:

The Regs wrote:The MGU-K must be solely and permanently mechanically linked to the powertrain before the main clutch.


Which begs the question how exactly do they split just the electrical power between each wheel and not ALL the power (engine and MGU-K)? And if they're splitting the power, then is that not a form of traction control and therefore banned?

So many questions, if only there was somebody who knew facts and didn't just make bullshit up...


There’s no way I’m naming names. But yes, if you want to look at it from a base level, it could be seen as a form of TC. However it’s not, by the letter of the law, so therefore fine ( for now ).
Darthdeathdealer
 
Posts: 1282
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:57 am

Re: Latest F1 News...

Post by Darthdeathdealer @ Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:21 pm

Shame Vettel didn’t slow down enough for the Sachs curve. Idiot, but he knows it.
He’ll be back.
Last edited by Darthdeathdealer on Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darthdeathdealer
 
Posts: 1282
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:57 am

Re: Latest F1 News...

Post by Careless Whisperer @ Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:16 pm

Darthdeathdealer wrote:
Careless Whisperer wrote:
Darthdeathdealer wrote:
S1K wrote:There is something interesting happening in F1 at the moment.

Ferrari have rapidly made a massive step forward in engine performance equivalent to a couple of years worth of development and the other engine/electric motor manufacturers don't understand how they've done it. Their acceleration out of corners is indicating that they've managed somehow to deliver a massive wodge more of electric power but all teams are limited to a maximum of 120KW and the FIA have checked out Ferrari's system and say that they're not exceeding that limit.

Nothing stays secret for ever in F1 so it'll be interesting to find out what they've done in time.


It’s a more ‘intelligent’ electric boost system than the other teams have. It puts all the boosted power to the wheel with the best grip, based on feedback from the wheel speed sensors and load cells on the suspension. Nothing dodgy, just very very clever manipulation of existing tech regs and equipment. One key difference in the Ferrari system is that it can tell not only where to put the extra power, but when, and for how long to get the most efficient boost. It’s a bit like an inversed version of the ‘brake steer’ system, which was on the Mclaren in the noughties, but was quickly outlawed.



Are you sure about that? Because the regs say:

The Regs wrote:The MGU-K must be solely and permanently mechanically linked to the powertrain before the main clutch.


Which begs the question how exactly do they split just the electrical power between each wheel and not ALL the power (engine and MGU-K)? And if they're splitting the power, then is that not a form of traction control and therefore banned?

So many questions, if only there was somebody who knew facts and didn't just make bullshit up...


There’s no way I’m naming names. But yes, if you want to look at it from a base level, it could be seen as a form of TC. However it’s not, by the letter of the law, so therefore fine ( for now ).


So you accept your 'intelligent boost' scenario is utter poppycock, because by the letter of the law, that IS illegal?
User avatar
Careless Whisperer
 
Posts: 15148
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:07 pm
Location: The Real World
Highscores: 5

Re: Latest F1 News...

Post by Darthdeathdealer @ Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:03 pm

Careless Whisperer wrote:
Darthdeathdealer wrote:
Careless Whisperer wrote:
Darthdeathdealer wrote:
S1K wrote:There is something interesting happening in F1 at the moment.

Ferrari have rapidly made a massive step forward in engine performance equivalent to a couple of years worth of development and the other engine/electric motor manufacturers don't understand how they've done it. Their acceleration out of corners is indicating that they've managed somehow to deliver a massive wodge more of electric power but all teams are limited to a maximum of 120KW and the FIA have checked out Ferrari's system and say that they're not exceeding that limit.

Nothing stays secret for ever in F1 so it'll be interesting to find out what they've done in time.


It’s a more ‘intelligent’ electric boost system than the other teams have. It puts all the boosted power to the wheel with the best grip, based on feedback from the wheel speed sensors and load cells on the suspension. Nothing dodgy, just very very clever manipulation of existing tech regs and equipment. One key difference in the Ferrari system is that it can tell not only where to put the extra power, but when, and for how long to get the most efficient boost. It’s a bit like an inversed version of the ‘brake steer’ system, which was on the Mclaren in the noughties, but was quickly outlawed.



Are you sure about that? Because the regs say:

The Regs wrote:The MGU-K must be solely and permanently mechanically linked to the powertrain before the main clutch.


Which begs the question how exactly do they split just the electrical power between each wheel and not ALL the power (engine and MGU-K)? And if they're splitting the power, then is that not a form of traction control and therefore banned?

So many questions, if only there was somebody who knew facts and didn't just make bullshit up...


There’s no way I’m naming names. But yes, if you want to look at it from a base level, it could be seen as a form of TC. However it’s not, by the letter of the law, so therefore fine ( for now ).


So you accept your 'intelligent boost' scenario is utter poppycock, because by the letter of the law, that IS illegal?

No. That’s what’s going on. It’s legal because no one has specifically stated that it’s not. It’s bending the rules, but that’s F1 for you. It’s against the regs to cut the course by turning across the pit lane entrance, but sometimes people get away with that as well
Last edited by Darthdeathdealer on Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darthdeathdealer
 
Posts: 1282
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:57 am

Re: Latest F1 News...

Post by Careless Whisperer @ Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:16 am

You're wrong. The MGU-K has to be linked to the drivetrain prior to the clutch, which is prior to the gearbox, which is prior to the diff which splits the power between the wheels.

There is no physical way of splitting just the electrical power between the wheels, so whatever Ferrari are doing it has zero to do with the electric power and everything to do with the actual drivetrain of the car.

Stop talking bollox.
User avatar
Careless Whisperer
 
Posts: 15148
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:07 pm
Location: The Real World
Highscores: 5

Re: Latest F1 News...

Post by Dirk @ Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:24 am

No chance of that CW.

Of course he has this wonderful inside line to the most sensitive and confidential machinations of Ferrari (mentioning no names <taps nose>). But still believes Hamilton is not a good driver. Despite the fact that at Hockenheim alone he demonstrated it when the rain came down Hamilton was lapping >1s faster than Bottas, Vettel et al (until Vettel tried to respond and stacked it of course).

Stick to cycling DDD.

Oh, wait. You're an ignorant cnut about that too.
User avatar
Dirk
 
Posts: 30356
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:03 pm
Highscores: 5

Re: Latest F1 News...

Post by Dirk @ Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:05 pm

Darthdeathdealer wrote:Shame Vettel didn’t slow down enough for the Sachs curve. Idiot, but he knows it.
He’ll be back.

From someone who knows a bit more about it...

The German Grand Prix weekend started with the news that Lewis Hamilton had signed a new Mercedes contract worth up to £40m a year, and ended with a demonstration of why he justifies that sort of money.

As team boss Toto Wolff put it after the race: "The difference between the best and the very good is that on the very difficult days they are able to make the difference."


https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/44918753
Last edited by Dirk on Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Dirk
 
Posts: 30356
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:03 pm
Highscores: 5

PreviousNext

Return to Motorsport

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

yt
  Enable youtube titles