Latest F1 News...

Sports with engines.

Re: Latest F1 News...

Post by Doctor Congo @ Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:22 am

Darthdeathdealer wrote:Anyway, back to F1. Is Bottas going to be let off the leash now?

Since you’re such an f1 expert why don’t you suggest that to Mercedes?
Doctor Congo

Post by Deuteronomy @ Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:28 am

Darthdeathdealer wrote:Anyway, back to F1. Is Bottas going to be let off the leash now?

Just so you're aware, you've not created a sense of mystery around yourself by posting a picture of you dressed as a flat roof pub manager, meeting the Queen.

We still think you're a pathetic little man.
Deuteronomy

Post by CJ+ @ Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:52 am

Deuteronomy wrote:

Just so you're aware, you've not created a sense of mystery around yourself by posting a picture of you dressed as a flat roof pub manager, meeting the Queen.

Ha! My thought was "duty manager of a run-down Harvester in the west midlands".

>3W<
CJ+

Highscores: 1

Post by Deuteronomy @ Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:54 am

>3W<
Deuteronomy

Post by Dirk @ Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:15 pm

Dirk wrote:DDD. I will Explicitly state that I have not shaken hands with the queen when accepting an award for something.

Though thinking about it I did swear at prince Philip. I told him to fcuk off but with more words
Dirk

Highscores: 5

Post by thekungfury @ Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:20 pm

CJ+ wrote:
Deuteronomy wrote:

>3W<

Laugh. Mine was reformed convict working with young offenders.

Also the dad from Gogglebox

thekungfury

Highscores: 1

Post by Darthdeathdealer @ Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:35 pm

Deuteronomy wrote:

Oh.
Darthdeathdealer

Post by Darthdeathdealer @ Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:36 pm

thekungfury wrote:
CJ+ wrote:
Deuteronomy wrote:

>3W<

Laugh. Mine was reformed convict working with young offenders.

Also the dad from Gogglebox

Yes I did look a bit like that in 2008, which was 9 years ago.
Darthdeathdealer

Post by Darthdeathdealer @ Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:37 pm

Doctor Congo wrote:

They don’t need me to tell them that, I reckon they probably know.
Darthdeathdealer

Post by Doctor Congo @ Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:00 pm

Darthdeathdealer wrote:
Doctor Congo wrote:

Yeah I’m sure that they know that it’s time they told their 4 times world champion he’s actually talentless. Of course they do, a jug eared, red faced tw@t on the internet said so.
Doctor Congo

Post by Darthdeathdealer @ Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:39 pm

Doctor Congo wrote:
Darthdeathdealer wrote:
Doctor Congo wrote:

Yeah I’m sure that they know that it’s time they told their 4 times world champion he’s actually talentless. Of course they do, a jug eared, red faced tw@t on the internet said so.

I didn’t know your mum had said something on the internet.
Darthdeathdealer

Post by Deuteronomy @ Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:01 am

Darthdeathdealer wrote:
Doctor Congo wrote:
Darthdeathdealer wrote:
Doctor Congo wrote:

I didn’t know your mum had said something on the internet.

Honestly, that's beyond weak as a comeback.

Why do you post here DDD?

It's not for the camaraderie, for certain. Please don't do it because you enjoy getting us all worked up, really we're not incandescent with rage every time you post so you needn't sit there giggling smugly to yourself. It may not come across well, but it's cringing pity.

We need more posters here, so if you are going to stick around, try harder not to be so insufferable.
Deuteronomy

Post by Darthdeathdealer @ Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:46 pm

Darthdeathdealer

Post by Käsemeister @ Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:01 pm

What?
Käsemeister

Post by Dirk @ Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:10 pm

Käsemeister wrote:What?

Remember how at school there would be that kid who was nerdy but also thick, and would take delight in the misfortune of someone just because they were black,gay more talented, or, well anyone really. You may not remember him well because everyone just ignored him/them. .

Basically that.
Dirk

Post by Käsemeister @ Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:27 pm

Oh
Käsemeister

Post by S1K @ Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:12 am

There is something interesting happening in F1 at the moment.

Ferrari have rapidly made a massive step forward in engine performance equivalent to a couple of years worth of development and the other engine/electric motor manufacturers don't understand how they've done it. Their acceleration out of corners is indicating that they've managed somehow to deliver a massive wodge more of electric power but all teams are limited to a maximum of 120KW and the FIA have checked out Ferrari's system and say that they're not exceeding that limit.

Nothing stays secret for ever in F1 so it'll be interesting to find out what they've done in time.
S1K

Post by Darthdeathdealer @ Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:01 pm

He’s bent over waiting for that nice German man to bum him.
Darthdeathdealer

Post by Darthdeathdealer @ Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:06 pm

S1K wrote:There is something interesting happening in F1 at the moment.

Ferrari have rapidly made a massive step forward in engine performance equivalent to a couple of years worth of development and the other engine/electric motor manufacturers don't understand how they've done it. Their acceleration out of corners is indicating that they've managed somehow to deliver a massive wodge more of electric power but all teams are limited to a maximum of 120KW and the FIA have checked out Ferrari's system and say that they're not exceeding that limit.

Nothing stays secret for ever in F1 so it'll be interesting to find out what they've done in time.

It’s a more ‘intelligent’ electric boost system than the other teams have. It puts all the boosted power to the wheel with the best grip, based on feedback from the wheel speed sensors and load cells on the suspension. Nothing dodgy, just very very clever manipulation of existing tech regs and equipment. One key difference in the Ferrari system is that it can tell not only where to put the extra power, but when, and for how long to get the most efficient boost. It’s a bit like an inversed version of the ‘brake steer’ system, which was on the Mclaren in the noughties, but was quickly outlawed.
Last edited by Darthdeathdealer on Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:13 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Darthdeathdealer

Post by Käsemeister @ Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:26 pm

Darthdeathdealer wrote:

He’s bent over waiting for that nice German man to bum him.

Gosh you’re tedious.
Käsemeister

Post by Careless Whisperer @ Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:07 pm

Darthdeathdealer wrote:

It’s a more ‘intelligent’ electric boost system than the other teams have. It puts all the boosted power to the wheel with the best grip, based on feedback from the wheel speed sensors and load cells on the suspension. Nothing dodgy, just very very clever manipulation of existing tech regs and equipment. One key difference in the Ferrari system is that it can tell not only where to put the extra power, but when, and for how long to get the most efficient boost. It’s a bit like an inversed version of the ‘brake steer’ system, which was on the Mclaren in the noughties, but was quickly outlawed.

Are you sure about that? Because the regs say:

The Regs wrote:The MGU-K must be solely and permanently mechanically linked to the powertrain before the main clutch.

Which begs the question how exactly do they split just the electrical power between each wheel and not ALL the power (engine and MGU-K)? And if they're splitting the power, then is that not a form of traction control and therefore banned?

So many questions, if only there was somebody who knew facts and didn't just make bullshit up...
Careless Whisperer

Post by Dirk @ Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:49 pm

Darthdeathdealer wrote:[/img]

Ha indeed
Hamilton just won, after starting in 14th because of the hydraulic issue yesterday. Almost as if he were a good driver
Dirk

Post by Darthdeathdealer @ Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:14 pm

Dirk wrote:
Darthdeathdealer wrote:[/img]

Ha indeed
Hamilton just won, after starting in 14th because of the hydraulic issue yesterday. Almost as if he were a good driver

Yeah, he’s still an absolute cnut though. It’s just a shame there’s other issues at the moment.
Darthdeathdealer

Post by Darthdeathdealer @ Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:17 pm

Careless Whisperer wrote:
Darthdeathdealer wrote:

The Regs wrote:The MGU-K must be solely and permanently mechanically linked to the powertrain before the main clutch.

Which begs the question how exactly do they split just the electrical power between each wheel and not ALL the power (engine and MGU-K)? And if they're splitting the power, then is that not a form of traction control and therefore banned?

So many questions, if only there was somebody who knew facts and didn't just make bullshit up...

There’s no way I’m naming names. But yes, if you want to look at it from a base level, it could be seen as a form of TC. However it’s not, by the letter of the law, so therefore fine ( for now ).
Darthdeathdealer

Post by Darthdeathdealer @ Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:21 pm

Shame Vettel didn’t slow down enough for the Sachs curve. Idiot, but he knows it.
He’ll be back.
Last edited by Darthdeathdealer on Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darthdeathdealer

Post by Careless Whisperer @ Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:16 pm

Darthdeathdealer wrote:
Darthdeathdealer wrote:

There’s no way I’m naming names. But yes, if you want to look at it from a base level, it could be seen as a form of TC. However it’s not, by the letter of the law, so therefore fine ( for now ).

So you accept your 'intelligent boost' scenario is utter poppycock, because by the letter of the law, that IS illegal?
Careless Whisperer

Post by Darthdeathdealer @ Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:03 pm

Darthdeathdealer wrote:
Darthdeathdealer wrote:

So you accept your 'intelligent boost' scenario is utter poppycock, because by the letter of the law, that IS illegal?

No. That’s what’s going on. It’s legal because no one has specifically stated that it’s not. It’s bending the rules, but that’s F1 for you. It’s against the regs to cut the course by turning across the pit lane entrance, but sometimes people get away with that as well
Last edited by Darthdeathdealer on Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darthdeathdealer

Post by Careless Whisperer @ Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:16 am

You're wrong. The MGU-K has to be linked to the drivetrain prior to the clutch, which is prior to the gearbox, which is prior to the diff which splits the power between the wheels.

There is no physical way of splitting just the electrical power between the wheels, so whatever Ferrari are doing it has zero to do with the electric power and everything to do with the actual drivetrain of the car.

Stop talking bollox.
Careless Whisperer

Post by Dirk @ Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:24 am

No chance of that CW.

Of course he has this wonderful inside line to the most sensitive and confidential machinations of Ferrari (mentioning no names <taps nose>). But still believes Hamilton is not a good driver. Despite the fact that at Hockenheim alone he demonstrated it when the rain came down Hamilton was lapping >1s faster than Bottas, Vettel et al (until Vettel tried to respond and stacked it of course).

Stick to cycling DDD.

Oh, wait. You're an ignorant cnut about that too.
Dirk

Post by Dirk @ Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:05 pm

Darthdeathdealer wrote:Shame Vettel didn’t slow down enough for the Sachs curve. Idiot, but he knows it.
He’ll be back.

From someone who knows a bit more about it...

The German Grand Prix weekend started with the news that Lewis Hamilton had signed a new Mercedes contract worth up to £40m a year, and ended with a demonstration of why he justifies that sort of money.

As team boss Toto Wolff put it after the race: "The difference between the best and the very good is that on the very difficult days they are able to make the difference."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/44918753
Last edited by Dirk on Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dirk

PreviousNext

Return to Motorsport