Sick list

Sit down and tell us what's wrong with you.

Re: Sick list

Post by Careless Whisperer @ Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:54 am

Laugh!
Careless Whisperer

Highscores: 5

Post by Damien Thorn @ Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:38 am

I've done my back! Again! I wasn't even doing anything, it just went. It's excruciating and I can barely move, and hardly slept last night as every slight movement sent a spike of pain though it that woke me up. Stupid spine!
Last edited by Damien Thorn on Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Damien Thorn
Spamcop
Spamcop

Post by Greg66 @ Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:45 am

I've spent all sodding weekend in bed with the sweats and shivers and flu. I do not feel well. Not at all.
Greg66

Post by Käsemeister @ Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:59 am

Manthrax.
Käsemeister

Post by Careless Whisperer @ Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:18 am

I've been meaning to see my GP for weeks to ask to increase the dosage of my anti-depressants as I am increasingly feeling on edge again.

Today I find myself once again sat in my car, shaking, trying to gather myself for a meeting. No logical reason for it at all - just in my stupid head.
Careless Whisperer

Post by spast1kunt @ Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:38 am

Careless Whisperer wrote:I've been meaning to see my GP for weeks to ask to increase the dosage of my anti-depressants as I am increasingly feeling on edge again.

Today I find myself once again sat in my car, shaking, trying to gather myself for a meeting. No logical reason for it at all - just in my stupid head.

What are you on at the moment?

I increased from 75mg Venlafaxine to 150mg a few years ago and according to the people who know me best it was a good decision.
spast1kunt

Post by Careless Whisperer @ Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:06 pm

spast1kunt wrote:
Careless Whisperer wrote:I've been meaning to see my GP for weeks to ask to increase the dosage of my anti-depressants as I am increasingly feeling on edge again.

What are you on at the moment?

I increased from 75mg Venlafaxine to 150mg a few years ago and according to the people who know me best it was a good decision.

Only the basic minimum 20mg Citalopram. Been on it a while working out how much difference it was making, but it definitely isn't doing enough.
Careless Whisperer

Post by Doctor Congo @ Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:46 pm

Damien Thorn wrote:I've done my back! Again! I wasn't even doing anything, it just went. It's excruciating and I can barely move, and hardly slept last night as every slight movement sent a spike of pain though it that woke me up. Stupid spine!

Back aids.
Doctor Congo

Post by CJ+ @ Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:40 pm

Greg66 wrote:I've spent all sodding weekend in bed with the sweats and shivers and flu. I do not feel well. Not at all.

Bad AIDS cancer.
CJ+

Highscores: 1

Post by Greg66 @ Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:15 pm

I would probably swap that for what I have right now.

This is the WORST thing EVER.
Greg66

Post by Damien Thorn @ Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:51 am

Doctor Congo wrote:
Damien Thorn wrote:I've done my back! Again! I wasn't even doing anything, it just went. It's excruciating and I can barely move, and hardly slept last night as every slight movement sent a spike of pain though it that woke me up. Stupid spine!

Back aids.

My spinal AIDS seemed to reduce through the day yesterday, leading me to think I was in full remission come the end of the afternoon.

Unfortunately, I was so tired after barely sleeping on Sunday night, that once we got the children to bed yesterday evening I lay down on the bed for a few minutes to rest. And literally could not get up: I don't think I've ever felt pain like it. The slightest movement felt as though something important in my back was on the very point of being utterly broken to pieces. Awful. It took me over half an hour to stand up and even then I couldn't stand up straight and was hunched over like a colossal old ruin. Mrs Thorn suggested driving me to the walk-in clinic, but I couldn't even get out of the bedroom. It was ridiculous: I was virtually in tears from the pain - actually gasping out loud - but also almost laughing at the sheer absurdity of it.

Eventually it subsided a little, and somehow this morning it's less awful - I slept the whole night lying flat on my back, which is uncomfortable in itself, but less uncomfortable than the feeling of exploding vertebrae.

I think I'll try to get in to my GP later, but I've no idea what they might be able to do.
Damien Thorn
Spamcop
Spamcop

Post by Tokyo Sexwale @ Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:07 am

Sounds like you may have a prolapsed disc there dath- brutal if so!
Tokyo Sexwale

Post by Damien Thorn @ Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:16 am

What does that mean? Would that account for it being awful and then subsiding a bit?
Damien Thorn
Spamcop
Spamcop

Post by CJ+ @ Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:43 am

Damien Thorn wrote:What does that mean? Would that account for it being awful and then subsiding a bit?

It basically means you're broken, and might as well go to the knacker's yard for rendering down into glue and soap.
CJ+

Post by Damien Thorn @ Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:53 am

Just my luck!
Damien Thorn
Spamcop
Spamcop

Post by tanglerat @ Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:05 am

Google Cauda Equine Syndrome for the red flag issues. Any trouble peeing, pooing, getting a stiffie lately/now? Any numbness in the saddle area?

Off to AnE, urgent mri, don't be fobbed off.
tanglerat
Ruler of the Queen's Navee

Post by Tokyo Sexwale @ Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:07 am

Damien Thorn wrote:What does that mean? Would that account for it being awful and then subsiding a bit?

It does come an go a bit but if you're mobile this morning then it's probably not!
Tokyo Sexwale

Post by Damien Thorn @ Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:08 am

None of the above, fortunately. Just sudden agonisingly lower back pain, phew!
Damien Thorn
Spamcop
Spamcop

Post by Tokyo Sexwale @ Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:08 am

tanglerat wrote:Google Cauda Equine Syndrome for the red flag issues. Any trouble peeing, pooing, getting a stiffie lately/now? Any numbness in the saddle area?

Off to AnE, urgent mri, don't be fobbed off.

Just read up on that, other than back pain it's nothing like what he's described.
Tokyo Sexwale

Post by minimoog @ Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:11 am

Sounds rather like the pinched/bruised nerve I had in my lower back a few months back. It completely imobilised me for a couple of days before easing off a bit. I ended up getting physio which was basicaly a squat ginger lad digging his thumbs into my spine really hard for half an hour several week in a row.

God it makes me shudder now to think of it. The gingerness I mean, not the pain. Did the trick though.
minimoog

Post by deev @ Mon May 15, 2017 8:42 pm

Did some standy up Judo sparring the other day. It's been a long old haul but knee felt fine. I missed that. Shoplifters aren't quite the same.
deev
Banger King

Highscores: 3

Post by DI Burnside @ Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:59 am

Young Master Burnside found a lump on his ear last night, what feels like a small grain of rice inside his ear lobe. Given our history we're a little jumpy so I've got a GP appointment for him this morning. It's probably (hopefully) just a cyst or something but I'm quietly shitting myself.
DI Burnside

Highscores: 7

Post by CJ+ @ Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:15 am

DI Burnside wrote:Young Master Burnside found a lump on his ear last night, what feels like a small grain of rice inside his ear lobe. Given our history we're a little jumpy so I've got a GP appointment for him this morning. It's probably (hopefully) just a cyst or something but I'm quietly shitting myself.

Problee a zit.
CJ+

Post by Deuteronomy @ Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:16 am

DI Burnside wrote:Young Master Burnside found a lump on his ear last night, what feels like a small grain of rice inside his ear lobe. Given our history we're a little jumpy so I've got a GP appointment for him this morning. It's probably (hopefully) just a cyst or something but I'm quietly shitting myself.

I'm sure it'll be fine Dibs, but you're right to get it checked.

I never really knew fear and worry until I had kids.
Deuteronomy

Post by DI Burnside @ Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:53 am

Stand down, GP says it's a sebaceous cyst, nothing to worry about. Thank fcuk.
DI Burnside

Highscores: 7

Post by span @ Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:58 am

DI Burnside wrote:Stand down, GP says it's a sebaceous cyst, nothing to worry about. Thank fcuk.

Good news, you must be very relieved. :)
span

Post by CJ+ @ Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:34 am

CJ+ wrote:

Problee a zit.

DI Burnside wrote:Stand down, GP says it's a sebaceous cyst, nothing to worry about. Thank fcuk.

I should do more of this doctoring lark.

Piece of piss.
CJ+

Post by Strawman @ Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:40 am

CJ+ wrote:
CJ+ wrote:

Problee a zit.

I should do more of this doctoring lark.

Piece of piss.

I reckon Dibs was more accurate in his initial diagnosis than you, stop trying to steal his credit
Strawman

Post by Tokyo Sexwale @ Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:58 pm

I'm currently sitting in hospital waiting to see if they're going to be ripping my appendix out! Really fun.
Tokyo Sexwale

Post by Strawman @ Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:15 pm

Hope all goes well Tokes.
Strawman

PreviousNext

Return to The Doctor's Surgery