Sick list

Sit down and tell us what's wrong with you.

Re: Sick list

Post by Clown Ice Skater #4 @ Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:29 pm

spast1kunt wrote:I found a lump in my chest last week, just about an inch to the right of my left nipple. Went to the doctor and he said he doesn't think it's cancer because it doesn't feel spiky or something. I'm going back in a couple of weeks and he'll see if it's changed at all.

I told my mother and she then told me that my Grandmother has got serious breast cancer.

:(

Who do you want to do your cupping?

a) Dibs
b) ID
c) Congo
d) Moley
Clown Ice Skater #4

Post by DI Burnside @ Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:08 pm

Speaking from experience nobody is better at cupping a pair of hairy bollocks than Deuts. I’d go through it all again to feel that soft caress.

If you need a candle lighting ID is your man, but he won’t half go on about it.
DI Burnside

Highscores: 7

Post by Il Duce @ Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:26 am

DI Burnside wrote:Speaking from experience nobody is better at cupping a pair of hairy bollocks than Deuts. I’d go through it all again to feel that soft caress.

If you need a candle lighting ID is your man, but he won’t half go on about it.

True. It WAS €2 though. Also I only do cupping for birds.
Il Duce
Italian Person
Italian Person

Post by S1K @ Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:11 pm

Some good news anyway. My Gran's tumour is only minimally cancerous, most of it being calcification. She'll just get some medication but nothing too aggressive.
S1K

Post by DI Burnside @ Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:02 pm

Had an MSK appointment today, the guy poked and prodded for a good 3 minutes before declaring “It’s the Baker’s Cyst causing the pain, we drain the cyst and the pain is gone”. So within the next few weeks they’ll do just that using an ultrasound guided needle.

It’s taken fcuking months for someone to reach that conclusion in a few minutes.
DI Burnside

Post by S1K @ Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:36 pm

Why are bakers prone to getting problems with the back of their knees? I can understand tennis elbow, jogger's nipple, athlete's foot, writer's cramp and housemaid's knee but not baker's cyst.
S1K

Post by DI Burnside @ Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:45 pm

Named after the bloke that discovered them rather than the vocation I think.
DI Burnside

Post by DI Burnside @ Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:27 am

Last week my knee became all swollen and bloody hurt, I put it down to crawling around on the floor at work sorting all my cabling out having got a new desk. I left it over the weekend and it slowly got better and yesterday I was virtually back to normal. Woke up this morning to it all swollen and sore again, plus hot to touch. It's not as bad as last week but I've just had a chat with my GP and she wants to see me this morning.

I just want to go more than 1 few days without some art of me falling apart :(
DI Burnside

Post by Careless Whisperer @ Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:32 pm

DI Burnside wrote:I just want to go more than 1 few days without some art of me falling apart :(

Your decrepit body is taking the 'p'...
Careless Whisperer

Highscores: 5

Post by DI Burnside @ Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:54 pm

My body is like a fcuking clown car.

GP thinks it’s soft tissue damage or a sprain but sent me for an x-ray to make sure nothing else is wrong. The endocrine nurse says it’s very unlikely to be the genotropin too.
DI Burnside

Post by CJ+ @ Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:05 pm

DI Burnside wrote:My body is like a fcuking clown car.

GP thinks it’s soft tissue damage or a sprain but sent me for an x-ray to make sure nothing else is wrong. The endocrine nurse says it’s very unlikely to be the genotropin too.

Have you thought about turning yourself into the knacker's yard? The world can always use more glue and soap.

Alternatively have you considering turning yourself into a cyborg like on the films?
CJ+

Highscores: 1

Sick list

Post by DI Burnside @ Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:36 am

FFS. I went to bed last night absolutely fine, woke up this morning and it’s fcuked again.

ETA: Another new diagnosis on the another knee a couple of weeks ago, now it’s compression of the sciatic nerve. So back to physio for that.
Last edited by DI Burnside on Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
DI Burnside

Post by Doctor Congo @ Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:48 pm

DI Burnside wrote:FFS. I went to bed last night absolutely fine, woke up this morning and it’s fcuked again.

ETA: Another new diagnosis on the another knee a couple of weeks ago, now it’s compression of the sciatic nerve. So back to physio for that.

Not having much luck with that knee! Hope it gets better soon. All a bit odd to suddenly get inflamed. Have you seen a rheumatologist?
Doctor Congo

Post by DI Burnside @ Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:57 pm

I’m waiting for a physio appt for the left (sciatic) knee. The right (swollen) did the same a few weeks ago (see above) but it never went further than an x-ray and it cleared up in s few days. I’ll give it a few days and see how it goes. I won’t get a GP appt until the new year anyway.
DI Burnside

Post by Clown Ice Skater #4 @ Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:01 pm

Sorry to hear that, Dibs. I hope you can get it sorted. What a thing just before Christmas though. :(
Clown Ice Skater #4

Post by Firkin @ Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:48 pm

My turn to fall apart.

I've been having increasing trouble mainly with walking over the last few years but with other things like random high level pain for no specific reason in random parts of me, memory getting poor, co-ordination becoming poor, really having trouble sleeping and a few other things. I'm being referred to Hospital to confirm something called Fibromyalgia - I'd never heard of it until a few months ago.

I'm falling apart so badly I've been awarded a Blue Badge today so I'm officially a retard when it comes to walking :(
Firkin

Post by Strawman @ Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:53 pm

Bloody hell, hope they can sort it, make you feel better.
Strawman

Post by Il Duce @ Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:14 pm

Just read the specs on the disease. Here's the sum up "it will fvckup all different bits of you randomly with various amounts of pain and we don't have a cure" Poor poor Firking.

We've never had a broken girl on here. What's the procedure? Cupping of the clout or boob?
Il Duce
Italian Person
Italian Person

Post by span @ Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:18 pm

Really sorry to hear that, Firkin. I hope the diagnosis is as positive as it can be, and that they can do something to help you out!
span

Post by CJ+ @ Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:33 pm

Sounds shit, Firks. Hope you find a way to mitigate/manage it.
CJ+

Post by Dirk @ Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:31 pm

Good luck Firks
Dirk

Highscores: 5

Post by S1K @ Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:33 pm

That sounds awful. Isn't it fibromyalgia which Lady Gaga has which caused her to cancel her tour? I'm sure I read something about it a week or two ago.
S1K

Post by Turntable @ Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:27 pm

Firkin wrote:Fibromyalgia -:(

Jesus. Hope its not that, for your sake.
Turntable

Post by Doctor Congo @ Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:29 pm

Hmmmm a controversial diagnosis.....
Doctor Congo

Post by CJ+ @ Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:34 pm

Doctor Congo wrote:Hmmmm a controversial diagnosis.....

Expand plz?

I thunk that "fibro" was doctor-ese for "I get that you're feeling like shit, but I haven't got a scooby. Fibromyalgia! Ta-da!"
CJ+

Post by tanglerat @ Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:46 pm

Steroids, or CBD oil, or just some good plain old fashioned weed.
tanglerat
Ruler of the Queen's Navee

Post by Deuteronomy @ Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:08 pm

Shit Firks, hope this can be resolved pronto!
Deuteronomy

Post by DI Burnside @ Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:23 pm

Sorry to hear that Firks, o hope it’s not too bad and/or they can sort it out.
DI Burnside

Post by Firkin @ Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:25 pm

CJ+ wrote:

Expand plz?

I thunk that "fibro" was doctor-ese for "I get that you're feeling like shit, but I haven't got a scooby. Fibromyalgia! Ta-da!"

Yes please expand because I get the feeling my GP surgery all agree I'm not presenting as someone my age should but cannot for the life of them work out what is wrong and have resorted to something that vaguely fits. I've seen all the Doctors in the practice now Googling is a bad idea. All bloods so far, and there have been many taken have come back normal.

It's the stiffness and difficultly walking that I find hardest. 6-8 Years ago I could go for walks, do DIY and housework without a second though. These days housework is done with a sit down in between but then also the extreme tiredness is really crap too as I just do not have the energy to do stuff.

The other shit I can deal with as inconvenient as it can be. I cannot say how many times at work I just forget to do stuff that I pretty much now have to write down any requests that people make otherwise it's just gone and forgotten.

Dr C I'd appreciate any comments on here or by pm :)
Firkin

Post by Doctor Congo @ Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:13 am

Firkin wrote:
CJ+ wrote:

Expand plz?

Yes please expand because I get the feeling my GP surgery all agree I'm not presenting as someone my age should but cannot for the life of them work out what is wrong and have resorted to something that vaguely fits. I've seen all the Doctors in the practice now Googling is a bad idea. All bloods so far, and there have been many taken have come back normal.

It's the stiffness and difficultly walking that I find hardest. 6-8 Years ago I could go for walks, do DIY and housework without a second though. These days housework is done with a sit down in between but then also the extreme tiredness is really crap too as I just do not have the energy to do stuff.

The other shit I can deal with as inconvenient as it can be. I cannot say how many times at work I just forget to do stuff that I pretty much now have to write down any requests that people make otherwise it's just gone and forgotten.

Dr C I'd appreciate any comments on here or by pm :)

It’s controversial as it’s often a diagnosis of exclusion. There’s no test for it. They may have excluded neurological, psychological and rheumatological reasons and decide on fibromyalgia. It may well be that you have it and that, currently, we just don’t know how to look for it but all too often I’ve seen rheumatologists just label patients with the diagnosis, to give them a diagnosis rather than say they don’t know.in that regard it’s a bit like chronic fatigue syndrome.
Doctor Congo

PreviousNext

Return to The Doctor's Surgery