Mr & Mrs Thorn Weight Loss Challenge

Sit down and tell us what's wrong with you.

Re: Mr & Mrs Thorn Weight Loss Challenge

Post by thekungfury @ Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:10 am

span wrote:It takes him three times longer to eat a snack than to play golf?

And he spends more time on snacks than with his kids.
thekungfury

Highscores: 1

Post by Aesgarth @ Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:12 am

I lost 5 lbs last week, as a payoff for avoiding things that have sugar as an ingredient - which it turns out is fcuking everything. Saw no results for the first couple of weeks, and we'll see how next week goes.
Aesgarth

Highscores: 4

Post by Tokyo Sexwale @ Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:40 pm

What was the outcome of this in the end Dath?

Also, I am doing a thing a bit like Greg did and thought I’d state it here so give me a bit of extra pressure to complete it.

12 week strict exercise and diet regime to try and get more strength, flexibility and all round tonedness.
Tokyo Sexwale

Post by Damien Thorn @ Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:15 pm

Tokyo Sexwale wrote:What was the outcome of this in the end Dath?

Ahem.. . I'm glad you asked me that.

We decided that Mrs Thorn had won, because she PUT ON less weight than I did during the time frame.
Damien Thorn
Spamcop
Spamcop

Post by Damien Thorn @ Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:15 pm

To celebrate we went out for jumbo mixed grills.
Damien Thorn
Spamcop
Spamcop

Post by Tokyo Sexwale @ Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:36 pm

Ha! Good work Tho’s.
Tokyo Sexwale

Post by manfromdelmonte @ Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:24 pm

Also, I am doing a thing a bit like Greg did and thought I’d state it here so give me a bit of extra pressure to complete it.

12 week strict exercise and diet regime to try and get more strength, flexibility and all round tonedness.

Make a thread. If you don't complete the course, the thread will be there for ever more as a permanent reminder.
manfromdelmonte

Post by Tokyo Sexwale @ Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:19 am

manfromdelmonte wrote:

Make a thread. If you don't complete the course, the thread will be there for ever more as a permanent reminder.

I won’t but only as there won’t be any real updates along the way other than food choices.
Just had a protein powder, almond milk, peanut butter, blueberry, Greek yoghurt and oat smoothie FYI.
Tokyo Sexwale

Post by thekungfury @ Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:35 am

Sounds interesting. Good luck sticking to it.

I think setting it as a 12wk thing is the best way. Long enough to see results but short enough that you can't see the end if you properly loathe the diet. You'll probably make good longer lasting habits too in terms of reducing carbs and raising fitness.

I, however, downloaded the 7 minute workout app you recommended ages ago and haven't opened it once.
thekungfury

Post by Tokyo Sexwale @ Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:25 am

thekungfury wrote:Sounds interesting. Good luck sticking to it.

I think setting it as a 12wk thing is the best way. Long enough to see results but short enough that you can't see the end if you properly loathe the diet. You'll probably make good longer lasting habits too in terms of reducing carbs and raising fitness.

I, however, downloaded the 7 minute workout app you recommended ages ago and haven't opened it once.

Cheers, I think the toughest part will be the food planning and prep, the 'diet' as such is not a weight loss thing just a better balance and protein heavy. Had a curry last night forex that was delicious and massive enough that the lack of rice didn't matter. 3 days in and I'm amazed at how many carbs I've cut out without really missing them so hopefully that's a good sign for the 12weeks and after.

Open the app, it's good!
Tokyo Sexwale

Post by Tokyo Sexwale @ Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:26 pm

Having said that, the Huevos Rancheros I just cooked were incredible and well worth the 10 mins prep.

Tokyo Sexwale

Post by thekungfury @ Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:33 pm

Want!

I do baked eggs fairly often as a light meal/lunch. They would probably fit in your regime nicely.
thekungfury

Post by dirtyboy @ Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:46 pm

I've realised in the last few days that i've acquired a 'dad bod' and have decided to make wholesale changes, also, my achilles has caused me enough issues that I've not been able to run for a couple of months, so I assume losing weight will help that recover.

Target wise....12 weeks here too....I've entered the East Region Open Water Championships at Whitlingham near Norwich on the 21 July and going for the 3k swim, which as of today, would be the furthest I've ever gone, plus it'll be a fcuking freezing lake (no wetsuits allowed) as opposed to a bath like 20m pool I train in.

Currently 87kgs.....

Breakfast was a bagel with bbq sauce, egg, chicken, yoghurt and beef, but now back on poached eggs with spinach, avocado and a tiny tiny piece of chorizo for flavouring (I cut it into tiny pieces, cook and sprinkle over) so dropping the carb element.

I've now done three days of cooking up chicken thigs and making a salad with the other half of my breakfast avocado as a lunch, munching through such epic amounts of leaves does leave you not feeling hungry. Blueberries and an apple for snacking.

Breyer's Ice Cream last night - 350cals for an entire tub! but being a fat cnut I shared this with Mrs Dirt who, whilst eating her half (maybe less ;) the tub narrows...she wouldn't have noticed....rolled up her top and said, "will half a tub make my six pack disappear?"....hateful bitch....I'll shows her.
dirtyboy

Post by dirtyboy @ Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:48 pm

Wow, those Huevos Rancheros look epic!
dirtyboy

Post by minimoog @ Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:44 pm

I also hit heaviest ever this year (nearly 14st) and decided to sort it out a bit. About 3 weeks of 'eating sensibly' (no junk and somewhat reduced carbs, no weekday alcohol) followed by a week of 16/8 intermittent fasting then a week of one meal a day (OMAD) saw me drop a stone in just under 5 weeks. And that still allowed a few blowouts and a bottle or 3 of wine at the weekends. Fell off the wagon big style over easter and put 3 or 4 lbs back on but have resumed OMAD and and back down to over a stone off and only 5 lbs off first target weight. Want to shift that over the next two weeks - seems doable.
Last edited by minimoog on Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
minimoog

Previous

Return to The Doctor's Surgery