Sick list

Sit down and tell us what's wrong with you.

Re: Sick list

Post by Damien Thorn @ Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:49 am

HappyGoLucky wrote:
Damien Thorn wrote:
Tokyo Sexwale wrote:Stubbed the little shit on the base of my hammock!
1st world etc

But it still hurts like a mofo! I reckon breaking my toe(s) was waay more painful than any of the time I broke my collar bone or wrist. Not the ribs though, they're the worst.

I broke my toe once before by stubbing it on my sofa.

I agree it hurt a lot. Certainly much more than when I broke my arse, although that was more awkward.
Damien Thorn
Spamcop
Spamcop

Post by Il Duce @ Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:45 am

To try and raise my red cell count, apart from eating red meat once a day, my neighbour (an occupational therapist so used to dealing with the elderly) suggested I take iron tablets, as she does the same when "en flow" and apparently it makes a big difference.

It may be the placebo effect but I'm pleased to report that I definitely feel less tired and stronger after only 2 days of tablets.(14mg each) Also my cock hasn't gone rusty.

Any medics wish to comment? On the tablets not my cock.
Il Duce
Italian Person
Italian Person

Post by Tokyo Sexwale @ Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:56 am

Il Duce wrote:To try and raise my red cell count, apart from eating red meat once a day, my neighbour (an occupational therapist so used to dealing with the elderly) suggested I take iron tablets, as she does the same when "en flow" and apparently it makes a big difference.

It may be the placebo effect but I'm pleased to report that I definitely feel less tired and stronger after only 2 days of tablets.(14mg each) Also my cock hasn't gone rusty.

I think it’s too soon to be the supplements - maybe more to do with the increase in iron in your diet. Most people tend to need weeks->months of iron supplements but a week or so might be long enough to feel some effect.

Take them with orange juice or something high in VIt C to increase absorption.
Tokyo Sexwale

Post by Il Duce @ Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:28 am

Tokyo Sexwale wrote:
Il Duce wrote:To try and raise my red cell count, apart from eating red meat once a day, my neighbour (an occupational therapist so used to dealing with the elderly) suggested I take iron tablets, as she does the same when "en flow" and apparently it makes a big difference.

I think it’s too soon to be the supplements - maybe more to do with the increase in iron in your diet. Most people tend to need weeks->months of iron supplements but a week or so might be long enough to feel some effect.

Take them with orange juice or something high in VIt C to increase absorption.

Thanks. I'm taking the tablet with OJ in the morning so that's good news.
Il Duce
Italian Person
Italian Person

Post by DI Burnside @ Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:08 pm

Had a call from Addenbrooke's this morning, the MDT team discussed my poorly back this morning. I'd benefit from surgery but I'm going to avoid that unless absolutely neccessary so I'm going to have a "guided nerve root injection":

https://www.cuh.nhs.uk/sites/default/fi ... ion_V3.pdf

Sounds a bundle of laughs.
DI Burnside

Highscores: 7

Post by deev @ Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:36 pm

It's just as well you don't go to a vet.
deev
Banger King

Highscores: 3

Post by DI Burnside @ Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:10 pm

deev wrote:It's just as well you don't go to a vet.

This has crossed my mind....
DI Burnside

Post by HappyGoLucky @ Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:31 am

DI Burnside wrote:Had a call from Addenbrooke's this morning, the MDT team discussed my poorly back this morning. I'd benefit from surgery but I'm going to avoid that unless absolutely neccessary so I'm going to have a "guided nerve root injection":

https://www.cuh.nhs.uk/sites/default/fi ... ion_V3.pdf

Sounds a bundle of laughs.

I had that before they replaced my disc, aside from all the usual bollocks of moving from waiting room to waiting room that seems to be de rigeur in hospitals these days, it's pretty quick and painless.
HappyGoLucky

Post by HappyGoLucky @ Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:34 am

DI Burnside wrote:
deev wrote:It's just as well you don't go to a vet.

This has crossed my mind....

That's what I keep telling my wife.
HappyGoLucky

Post by DI Burnside @ Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:56 am

Eye clinic this morning, a follow up from a follow up.

Currently I have a 6 dioptre prism in each lens of my glasses to correct the double vision I have. Following a lot of testing they’ve added an 8 dioptre stick on prism on my left lens (so 14 in the left lens now) as it’s worsened considerably. The problems is the 6th nerve damage I have following the brain surgery has rendered he muscles that pull the eye to the left useless, and as eye muscles work against each other to keep the eye in the right place, with no resistance the muscles on the right are pulling it over further and further. Solution: botox to reduce the pulling power of the muscles on the right, or surgery :(

If they don’t do anything then it’ll reach a point where they can’t put enough prism in to correct it, and as I’m still young (their words !) they’ve strongly recommended the surgery. I’ve been referred to a consultant at Bedford on 11th September to discuss it, it’s only day surgery and may be in Bedford or London and I’ll need up to 2 weeks off afterwards.

Doc Congo, if you can add anything I'd be glad to hear it.
DI Burnside

Post by Baby Huey @ Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:16 pm

Baby Huey wrote:Great start.

My 3 month appointment has already been shifted to bloody December.

Got an appointment with a Neurologist coming up, and another MRI scan. Currently waiting on the EEG scan.
Baby Huey

Post by Doctor Congo @ Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:02 pm

DI Burnside wrote:Eye clinic this morning, a follow up from a follow up.

Currently I have a 6 dioptre prism in each lens of my glasses to correct the double vision I have. Following a lot of testing they’ve added an 8 dioptre stick on prism on my left lens (so 14 in the left lens now) as it’s worsened considerably. The problems is the 6th nerve damage I have following the brain surgery has rendered he muscles that pull the eye to the left useless, and as eye muscles work against each other to keep the eye in the right place, with no resistance the muscles on the right are pulling it over further and further. Solution: botox to reduce the pulling power of the muscles on the right, or surgery :(

If they don’t do anything then it’ll reach a point where they can’t put enough prism in to correct it, and as I’m still young (their words !) they’ve strongly recommended the surgery. I’ve been referred to a consultant at Bedford on 11th September to discuss it, it’s only day surgery and may be in Bedford or London and I’ll need up to 2 weeks off afterwards.

Hi

Sounds like you’re heading towards needing surgery, which isn’t all that bad but you could have a trial with Botox which will simulate the effect of surgery to an extent. The only thing is they need to ensure there’s no ongoing process which is worsening the muscle control which I am sure they’ve checked.
Doctor Congo

Post by DI Burnside @ Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:10 pm

Doctor Congo wrote:

Hi

Sounds like you’re heading towards needing surgery, which isn’t all that bad but you could have a trial with Botox which will simulate the effect of surgery to an extent. The only thing is they need to ensure there’s no ongoing process which is worsening the muscle control which I am sure they’ve checked.

That’s more or less what they’re saying I think. My call but surgery would be the best option.

I think they’re assuming it’s the damage to the 6th nerve that’s the cause.
DI Burnside

Post by tanglerat @ Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:01 pm

DI Burnside wrote:
Doctor Congo wrote:

Hi

That’s more or less what they’re saying I think. My call but surgery would be the best option.

<Rubs hands briskly.>
<Blows hard>

Ready whenever you are, Dibs.
tanglerat
Ruler of the Queen's Navee

Post by Doctor Congo @ Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:18 pm

DI Burnside wrote:
Doctor Congo wrote:

Hi

Surgery is usually the best option and can be done with adjustable sutures so can be adjusted post hoc. It’s not as uncomfortable as it sounds.
Doctor Congo

Post by Dr Wolff @ Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:44 pm

Nothing major here, but we're on holiday in Nerja.
Something I didn't know until yesterday is that they are still dumping raw sewage because the company building the new water treatment plant here has gone bust and no-one can agree who has to pay to finish it.
A bit of a surprise then to find ourselves swimming into a slick, complete with sanitary towel and condom. And now we are struck down...
On the plus side, the apartment has a very good washing machine

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk
Dr Wolff

Post by Käsemeister @ Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:46 pm

nice
Käsemeister

Post by Dr Wolff @ Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:50 pm

Should have noticed there weren't any blue flags around here....
Dr Wolff

Post by S1K @ Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:10 pm

Yuck

It wasn't so long ago that we were still pumping raw sewage into the sea around the UK as a matter of course. Nowadays it's only permitted in times of very high rainfall when there would otherwise be a chance of flooding.

Bad luck swallowing a turd though Doc, that can really put a downer on your whole holiday. Hope you all recover soon.
S1K

Post by thekungfury @ Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:42 pm

Grim
thekungfury

Highscores: 1

Post by whyohwhy @ Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:33 pm

I’ll be joining the list soon.

I have another couple of nerve sheath tumours in my neck so will be under the knife again in September. Just awaiting the MRI to determine how much they’ve grown but as I’m losing feeling and muscle in both arms surgery is my only option.

The plus side is they are 99% sure they are benign
whyohwhy

Post by Greg66 @ Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:19 pm

Don’t suppose you’d all like to hear that weight training has massively improved my back, would you?

For just over 18 m it had been especially bad at night. Go to bed and after five or so hours of laying down there’s not a single position that’s comfortable. By which I mean not painful. Made for shit sleeping with all that brings. First 30 mins of the day I was stiff as a board then it would loosen up and I’d forget there was anything wrong with it. Until five hours into that night’s sleep.

So for other reasons I started weight training, including things like squats and deadlifts. Part of me half expected my lower spine to explode out of my body, but amazingly it seems to have helped everything work out what it’s supposed to be doing and when in that area, and has been a massive improvement. I now sleep properly!
Greg66

Post by Damien Thorn @ Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:35 pm

Fantastic news Greg and I'm really pleased for you. Lack of sleep is so much more debilitating than people who can sleep properly will ever know, and I'm glad you're freeing yourself from that horrible sitch.
Damien Thorn
Spamcop
Spamcop

Post by Disastrous @ Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:16 am

Good work. How much are you deadlifting out of interest? I keep doing a *bit* of weight training but not very seriously.
Disastrous
Monkey Licker!

Post by deev @ Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:02 am

whyohwhy wrote:I’ll be joining the list soon.

I have another couple of nerve sheath tumours in my neck so will be under the knife again in September. Just awaiting the MRI to determine how much they’ve grown but as I’m losing feeling and muscle in both arms surgery is my only option.

The plus side is they are 99% sure they are benign

well that sounds horrible, good luck with it/them! Although does it feel like someone else is doing it when you have a wank? Every cloud.
deev
Banger King

Post by thekungfury @ Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:17 am

I got bitten by an actual spider last night in bed. I felt something sting/bite the underside of my thigh and I reached down and grabbed what felt like a spiky plant head and flung it across the bedroom.

A minute or so later it began throbbing like mad so I got up to investigate what it was. I found a partially legged and now dead spider.

Googling it seems the only bitey spider in UK is a false widow. It felt like a wasp sting and this morning it’s still stinging.

I haven’t noticed any special powers yet but I’ll keep you posted.
thekungfury

Highscores: 1

Post by Damien Thorn @ Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:19 am

Wow!
Damien Thorn
Spamcop
Spamcop

Post by Käsemeister @ Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:29 am

Their bites are nasty. Had a few here and they properly sting. Necrosis is possible so keep an eye on it. One on my finger was worst, swelled up like a bastard but eventually gave in to my mighty immune system.
Käsemeister

Post by S1K @ Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:45 am

That's unusual. You might die.
S1K

Post by DI Burnside @ Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:48 am

That's just what we need, rampaging bitey spiders.

Has Deuts been dispatched yet ?
DI Burnside

PreviousNext

Return to The Doctor's Surgery