Sick list

Sit down and tell us what's wrong with you.

Re: Sick list

Post by Dirk @ Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:56 am

S1K wrote:That's unusual. You might die.

Actually the evidence is not.
No-one who has appeared in this thread has ever died AFAIK. Given how awful some of the conditions there have been, and how old Cloggy and ID are, that's quite remarkable.

I believe the only CFTer that got left behind was that Welsh chap who predated this thread I think.

So clearly this thread ensures immortality, or something close to it.

On which subject - I tweaked by left ACL twice yesterday - hurt like buggery
Dirk

Highscores: 5

Post by Disastrous @ Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:07 pm

thekungfury wrote:I got bitten by an actual spider last night in bed. I felt something sting/bite the underside of my thigh and I reached down and grabbed what felt like a spiky plant head and flung it across the bedroom.

A minute or so later it began throbbing like mad so I got up to investigate what it was. I found a partially legged and now dead spider.

Googling it seems the only bitey spider in UK is a false widow. It felt like a wasp sting and this morning it’s still stinging.

I haven’t noticed any special powers yet but I’ll keep you posted.

We’ve got a false widow living in our gate at the minute. Massive big fcuker.

Being bitten in bed seems unfair somehow. I’d resent that.

As an aside, has anyone else noticed an unseasonably large influx of spiders? We’ve got house spiders the size of um...chickens at least, rampaging about all over the place.
Disastrous
Monkey Licker!

Post by Greg66 @ Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:17 pm

Disastrous wrote:Good work. How much are you deadlifting out of interest? I keep doing a *bit* of weight training but not very seriously.

Started low. Now (10w in) doing 3 sets of 8 lifts at 100, 105 and 110kg (inlc the bar). I lift in one of those frame things, and the safety bars are at the lowest level, so not deadlifting off the floor.

First lift often feels like trying to lift Thor's hammer, but then everything seems to work out how to fire in sequence and you get attuned to the effort that's needed and bizarrely it becomes easier.

Just moved from box squats to unboxed (?) squats. Or proper squats. Or something. Not entirely sure of the weight I get given for those. Maybe 70 or 80kg (incl the bar)?
Greg66

Post by Greg66 @ Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:20 pm

Disastrous wrote:As an aside, has anyone else noticed an unseasonably large influx of spiders? We’ve got house spiders the size of um...chickens at least, rampaging about all over the place.

No, but sat down outside last night to eat and a fcuking swarm of about two dozen bluebottles appeared out of nowhere. Scurried into the house and the little fcukers followed me! I managed to get into another room leaving them behind, then ate, then set about the shits. Got a good half dozen before they buggered off elsewhere.

Apparently they communicate by pheromone. The message is "food's this way lads". Bastards.
Greg66

Post by Baby Huey @ Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:24 pm

Mega-Mozzies too.
Baby Huey

Post by Dirk @ Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:33 pm

Greg66 wrote:
Disastrous wrote:As an aside, has anyone else noticed an unseasonably large influx of spiders? We’ve got house spiders the size of um...chickens at least, rampaging about all over the place.

No, but sat down outside last night to eat and a fcuking swarm of about two dozen bluebottles appeared out of nowhere. Scurried into the house and the little fcukers followed me! I managed to get into another room leaving them behind, then ate, then set about the shits. Got a good half dozen before they buggered off elsewhere.

Apparently they communicate by pheromone. The message is "food's this way lads". Bastards.

Aston owner to bluebottle breakfast in 48 hours

How the might have fallen
Dirk

Post by Greg66 @ Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:18 pm

Dirk wrote:
Greg66 wrote:

Aston owner to bluebottle breakfast in 48 hours

How the might have fallen

Hey. I still put my pants on one leg at a time, and my shit still smells as bad as it ever did*.

* none of that is true of course, but I'm trying to fit in still.
Greg66

Post by Turntable @ Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:22 pm

thekungfury wrote:I got bitten by an actual spider last night in bed. I felt something sting/bite the underside of my thigh and I reached down and grabbed what felt like a spiky plant head and flung it across the bedroom.

A minute or so later it began throbbing like mad so I got up to investigate what it was. I found a partially legged and now dead spider.

Googling it seems the only bitey spider in UK is a false widow. It felt like a wasp sting and this morning it’s still stinging.

I haven’t noticed any special powers yet but I’ll keep you posted.

That is fcuking horrible.
Turntable

Highscores: 7

Post by Dirk @ Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:52 pm

What is the scale of the spider bit
Dirk

Post by thekungfury @ Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:01 pm

Not a big thing. The arse bit about the size of a pre-cooked lentil.
thekungfury

Highscores: 1

Post by span @ Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:02 pm

What on earth is this doing in the sick list thread and not the 'fcuk off you are awful' or whatever it's called thread about disgusting frightening things?

That is DISGUSTING and terrifying.

I have suddenly woken up all panicked, dozens and dozens of times, from nightmares where I think I'm being got by spiders in my bed. I can't believe it actually happens.

fcuks sake!!

Dis maybe its just your new house. Was it about 80% below market value? Because sometimes that's because it's full of spiders.
span

Post by Tokyo Sexwale @ Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:05 pm

That's horrible kung and reminds me of that squaddie who got a bit eaten by a camel spider while he slept, pissed, in the desert.

Pic of the wound pls.
Tokyo Sexwale

Post by Greg66 @ Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:14 pm

span wrote:Dis maybe its just your new house. Was it about 80% below market value? Because sometimes that's because it's full of spiders.

Laugh!

Excellent peek into span's more dire fears right there!
Greg66

Post by thekungfury @ Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:46 pm

Tokyo Sexwale wrote:Pic of the wound pls.

I’m relieved/annoyed that there is no obvious mark on my leg. 12hrs on and it has the dull tingle you get from a nettle sting.
thekungfury

Post by Turntable @ Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:31 pm

thekungfury wrote: 12hrs on and it has the dull tingle you get from a nettle sting.

Or the dull tingle you get from tiny wriggling baby spiders
Turntable

Highscores: 7

Post by moleamol @ Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:34 pm

Turntable wrote:
thekungfury wrote: 12hrs on and it has the dull tingle you get from a nettle sting.

You horror!
moleamol
CTF Site Moderator & Tech Support
CTF Site Moderator & Tech Support

Post by Dirk @ Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:50 pm

Turntable wrote:

Or spider eggs that are growing

Only 2-3 weeks to wait for them to hatch
Dirk

Post by whyohwhy @ Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:06 pm

Going to have to check for spiders now

Bit surprised by the NHS as I’ve been called in a month early for surgery So off tomorrow for pre op and then assuming there is a bed in next Weds
whyohwhy

Post by thekungfury @ Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:22 pm

Turntable wrote:

Apparently it’s normally only the males that bite. Could be spider spunk in me though :shrugface:
thekungfury

Post by deev @ Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:15 am

Dirk wrote:On which subject - I tweaked by left ACL twice yesterday - hurt like buggery

erm, are you sure you've not snapped it? It hurts a lot when you do then it doesnt hurt, but your knee isn't stable and it slides around and hurts a lot and pulls your collateral and PCL ligaments about when under load.
deev
Banger King

Highscores: 3

Post by Dirk @ Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:52 am

deev wrote:
Dirk wrote:On which subject - I tweaked by left ACL twice yesterday - hurt like buggery

erm, are you sure you've not snapped it? It hurts a lot when you do then it doesnt hurt, but your knee isn't stable and it slides around and hurts a lot and pulls your collateral and PCL ligaments about when under load.

Don't think so at the moment
Dirk

Post by Deuteronomy @ Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:45 am

thekungfury wrote:
Turntable wrote:

Apparently it’s normally only the males that bite. Could be spider spunk in me though :shrugface:

>scoffs<

Imagine having skin so weak a spider could bite right through it.

You're like a thin 90 year old woman Teeks, I bet with a bright light we could read a book through you.
Deuteronomy

Post by thekungfury @ Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:47 am

You’re right I am thin-skinned and I’ll be crying myself to sleep on my massive pillow tonight after your cutting words.
thekungfury

Post by deev @ Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:25 pm

Tweaked my cruciate this evening, not the acl I had fixed but the one that runs down the outside of my right knee, lcl or pcl, I forget what it's called. It was really badly damaged when I snapped my acl, my whole knee went sideways at about 40 degrees so it's stretched. I'm going to book a physio but I think I might be retiring from Judo at last.
deev
Banger King

Post by deev @ Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:55 pm

Not me but one of my best mates wife wasn't feeling too great, headaches etc. They got married a year ago. Anyway, turns out she's got a fecking brain tumour :( dunno many details but diagnosed last week, in fr surgery next week, is that a DIB's style thing and she'll be fine like he is? It's 4cm apparently, is that a big one? Really hoping she's going to be okay :s don't know if it's benign or a cancery one.
deev
Banger King

Post by Deuteronomy @ Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:12 pm

Scary stuff Deev, sorry to hear it :(
Deuteronomy

Post by span @ Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:36 pm

Really sorry to hear that, Deev, that's dreadful news.
span

Post by Strawman @ Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:38 pm

deev wrote: Anyway, turns out she's got a fecking brain tumour :( dunno many details but diagnosed last week, in fr surgery next week, is that a DIB's style thing and she'll be fine like he is?

They will be able to tell once they've removed it and tested it.
deev wrote: It's 4cm apparently, is that a big one?

Sounds big enough, if it was a sphere it's almost the size of a golf ball, which considering the available space inside a skull is not ideal.
Strawman

Post by Damien Thorn @ Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:37 pm

Sorry to hear this deev. Hope it's all ok once they've checked it out.
Damien Thorn
Spamcop
Spamcop

Post by Clown Ice Skater #4 @ Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:00 pm

OK so after I whinged earlier in the year about a hiatus hernia, I’ve now had the surgery to fix it.

Because I am posh and have private healthcare, I got referred to a consultant who has implanted a ring of magnets in my oesophagus to make it close properly. To do this, they pump you full of CO2 which took a few days to dissipate, then keyhole surgery. I now look like someone stabbed me four times in the upper stomach. On the plus side, I couldn’t eat for about two weeks because trying to swallow food was painful and while that seems to have more or less fixed itself I can’t eat a lot or too quickly.

I don’t know what exactly I expected but it’s taken longer to recover from than I thought it would. It didn’t help that I got a shocking cold almost the minute I left the hospital which took about three weeks (the length of my time off work) to clear up.

Also: fcuk night time hospital blood pressure checks to hell and back.
Clown Ice Skater #4

PreviousNext

Return to The Doctor's Surgery