Sick list

Sit down and tell us what's wrong with you.

Re: Sick list

Post by Turntable @ Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:36 am

deev wrote:Remember my friends wife that was diagnosed with a brain tumour? Well it's was 4cm and they removed 96% of it. Turns out it's was grade 4 cancerous though so she's now undergoing months of radio and chemotherapy. Even then it'll probably come back and only 25% ,of people live longer than 12-18 months. fcuk. They're both being remarkably composed about it all a d just held a fundraiser in Edinburgh last night and raised over a thousand quid for the brain tumour trust. She's 35 years old and they've been married a year and a half. They were planning to buy a house and have kids this year which is now all out the window :(

Ooof, that is horrific. Poor woman
Turntable

Highscores: 7

Post by Turntable @ Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:38 am

Dirk wrote:
Turntable wrote:Interestingish update on my daughter.
She has now been on her drugs trial for 5 years!!! I cant believe it has been that long.
Her trial ends imminently as the drugs have now been approved for prescription which will make the day to day management of it a touch easier.
5 years!

Are they working well? will she always need them?
)

They keep it at bay. What's left is tiny but with other people on the trial, when they have stopped the medication, the tumours have grown again so she will either be on it indefinitely or she can opt to have an operation which will remove half a lung.
Shes getting old enough that we will carry on as is for a couple of years and she can make her own decision on that
Turntable

Post by CJ+ @ Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:19 am

deev wrote:Remember my friends wife that was diagnosed with a brain tumour? Well it's was 4cm and they removed 96% of it. Turns out it's was grade 4 cancerous though so she's now undergoing months of radio and chemotherapy. Even then it'll probably come back and only 25% ,of people live longer than 12-18 months. fcuk. They're both being remarkably composed about it all a d just held a fundraiser in Edinburgh last night and raised over a thousand quid for the brain tumour trust. She's 35 years old and they've been married a year and a half. They were planning to buy a house and have kids this year which is now all out the window :(

That's dreadful. I can't begin to imagine how they both feel.
CJ+

Highscores: 1

Post by Firkin @ Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:11 pm

That is awful news :( I hope she's one of the 25%
Firkin

Post by thekungfury @ Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:43 pm

Turntable wrote:
Dirk wrote:
Turntable wrote:Interestingish update on my daughter.
She has now been on her drugs trial for 5 years!!! I cant believe it has been that long.
Her trial ends imminently as the drugs have now been approved for prescription which will make the day to day management of it a touch easier.
5 years!

Are they working well? will she always need them?
)

They keep it at bay. What's left is tiny but with other people on the trial, when they have stopped the medication, the tumours have grown again so she will either be on it indefinitely or she can opt to have an operation which will remove half a lung.
Shes getting old enough that we will carry on as is for a couple of years and she can make her own decision on that

How do you cope daily with the constant knowledge of this? I guess you just have to but I can't quite get my head around it.
thekungfury

Post by Dirk @ Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:49 pm

Must be hell TT. I'm sorry

We have enough issues with eldest, but not as bad as that
Dirk

Highscores: 5

Post by Turntable @ Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:57 pm

It really isn't actually.
You get so used to it that it doesn't worry you at all. I liken it to having a diabetic kid. A mild nuisance but nothing more.
Because it has been stable for 5 years you become so confident that it will remain that way that the worry evaporates.
My wife is a little more nervous than me and she still cant go to the 3-monthly scans on her own but even she doesn't worry day to day.
Turntable

Post by DI Burnside @ Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:38 pm

NSLMB got a message tonight from a friend, one of her former schoolmates has just had a 3rd operation on a brain tumour. I don’t know what the prognosis is for the tumour but the operation has left him blind.

Apparently him going blind was inevitable at some point, they just weren’t expecting it at 19.

She’s spoken to him tonight and he seems quite positive about the future though.

Just awful.
DI Burnside

Post by deev @ Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:27 am

Ugh that's awful, poor guy :(
deev
Banger King

Highscores: 3

Post by Damien Thorn @ Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:20 am

A minor complaint in the scope of this thread, but OMGoodness my insides are in total chaos!

I have just had my sixth bathroom splatterfest since 5am and my arris is in tatters. I'm bloated and churning, but daren't fart as the unwitting consequences could be unholy. I skiped breakfast and haven't brought anything for lunch either.

I've never suffered such diabolical porridge without the benefit of vomiting too.

Oooow!
Damien Thorn
Spamcop
Spamcop

Post by S1K @ Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:41 pm

The poo troll strikes again
S1K

Post by Clown Ice Skater #4 @ Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:41 pm

Laugh

I'm sorry about your broken arris, Datho.
Clown Ice Skater #4

Post by thekungfury @ Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:19 pm

A nice lady told me today "It's benign". I'm massively relieved and I will be getting atrociously drunk later.
thekungfury

Post by Strawman @ Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:25 pm

What is? I missed the post where you said you were being tested, if she was talking about your face she was fibbing to be kind I'm afraid.
Strawman

Post by Damien Thorn @ Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:27 pm

Good news teeks, even though like Straws I wasn't aware.
Damien Thorn
Spamcop
Spamcop

Post by CJ+ @ Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:54 pm

Good news teeks.
CJ+

Post by DI Burnside @ Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:28 pm

Good news Teeks, and well done for acting "normal" while whatever it is was all going on !
DI Burnside

Post by Greg66 @ Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:12 pm

Yes, teeks, good news, but I think we could do with just a *little* bit more information.

I mean, was this a freckle that was looking a little bit odd, or a growth the size of a small dog hanging off one side of your jaw?

I can't afford to through about good wishes willy nilly, you know. I like to know what I'm in for before I go crazy.
Greg66

Post by CJ+ @ Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:21 pm

Greg66 wrote:Yes, teeks, good news, but I think we could do with just a *little* bit more information.

I mean, was this a freckle that was looking a little bit odd, or a growth the size of a small dog hanging off one side of your jaw?

I can't afford to through about good wishes willy nilly, you know. I like to know what I'm in for before I go crazy.

ffs, gregg! I was absolutely fine until you came lolloping in, piquing my interest all over the place.
CJ+

Post by thekungfury @ Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:10 pm

Not a big drama when it's written down (iffy mole) but it's something that has been shitting me up for a while. Minor op, cool scar and I'm gonna be right as rain.
thekungfury

Post by tanglerat @ Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:23 pm

No cupping then?

<pulls gloves back on>
tanglerat
Ruler of the Queen's Navee

Post by DI Burnside @ Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:05 pm

thekungfury wrote:Not a big drama when it's written down (iffy mole) but it's something that has been shitting me up for a while. Minor op, cool scar and I'm gonna be right as rain.

Pffftt, call that a scar !
DI Burnside

Post by span @ Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:36 pm

thekungfury wrote:Not a big drama when it's written down (iffy mole) but it's something that has been shitting me up for a while. Minor op, cool scar and I'm gonna be right as rain.

I bet it was! Pleased to hear it Teeks I bet that was a huge relief.
span

Post by Tokyo Sexwale @ Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:04 pm

With this and your arse, you must have been worrying your tits off recently.
Tokyo Sexwale

Post by thekungfury @ Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:34 pm

Tokyo Sexwale wrote:

AND MU LIVER MY LIVER IS fcuked TONIGHT
thekungfury

Post by span @ Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:27 am

thekungfury wrote:
Tokyo Sexwale wrote:

:D
span

Post by HappyGoLucky @ Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:32 am

thekungfury wrote:
Tokyo Sexwale wrote:

This post was brought to you by Stuart on behalf of TK who's maxxed
HappyGoLucky

Highscores: 3

Post by Careless Whisperer @ Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:12 pm

Master CW has got shingles - I thought that only happened to old people, but apparently not.

Naturally, he's already angling to get out of school on Tuesday...
Careless Whisperer

Post by S1K @ Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:40 pm

If he’s got shingles I’d expect he would. It’s very painful isn’t it?

He ought to stay off school if the rash is oozing anyway because he’ll be contagious.
S1K

Post by Careless Whisperer @ Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:36 pm

S1K wrote:If he’s got shingles I’d expect he would. It’s very painful isn’t it?

He ought to stay off school if the rash is oozing anyway because he’ll be contagious.

Fortunately it tends to be less painful for kids. It seems to be an annoyance for him, rather than painful.

Yes, if oozing then he has to stay home. He's had it a few days now (pharmacist thought it was an allergy to something, hence delay in going to docs), so there is only one spot currently oozing. I think he'll be scabbed over by Tuesday... Assuming it doesn't spread further.
Last edited by Careless Whisperer on Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Careless Whisperer

PreviousNext

Return to The Doctor's Surgery