The cycling thread

All the other energetic stuff

Re: The cycling thread

Post by Deuteronomy @ Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:55 am

Disastrous wrote:
Deuteronomy wrote:
Darthdeathdealer wrote:
CJ+ wrote:It's almost as if DDD makes everything worse every time he posts.

You really are a bunch of feeble minded fcuking maggots aren't you?

Dry your eyes princess - stop being such a prick and we'll stop pointing out that you're being a prick.

It's not complicated.

Don't forget, DDD is playing the 'long game' as he's such an expert social manipulator so maybe this is part of it and we're all falling for it??

You mean he's just pretending to be a prick?

He's good, very good.
Deuteronomy

Post by Darthdeathdealer @ Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:55 am

Ghost wrote:So, as this is the cycling thread, Froome then? Obviously a bit good, but not as good as ddd?

Would just like to see how well he would go if he didn't have his team riding shotgun round him all the time to control the pace or pull him up the mountain stages.

Ive ridden with Chris Froome, he was doing a bit of work with the engineering dept of a university near me, in their wind tunnel, last year, and he tweeted that he fancied a ride, in the area, if anyone fancied it, so thinking it was a wind up, a few people turned up, and low and behold, the actual Chris Froome appeared, and we went for a 50 mile ride with him, before he fcucked off to the airport to catch a flight to a training camp. He's a nice bloke, proper down to earth type, and a very good rider, particularly on the hills. So I reckon he'd still be right 'up there' even without all his support.
Darthdeathdealer

Post by Deuteronomy @ Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:58 am

Darthdeathdealer wrote:Chris Froome...

...a very good rider...

You've made his day, I'm sure.
Deuteronomy

Post by Darthdeathdealer @ Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:44 am

Deuteronomy wrote:
Darthdeathdealer wrote:Chris Froome...

...a very good rider...

You've made his day, I'm sure.

I made his day by allowing him to ride with me.
Darthdeathdealer

Post by moleamol @ Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:53 am

Darthdeathdealer wrote:
Ghost wrote:So, as this is the cycling thread, Froome then? Obviously a bit good, but not as good as ddd?

Would just like to see how well he would go if he didn't have his team riding shotgun round him all the time to control the pace or pull him up the mountain stages.

Ive ridden with Chris Froome, he was doing a bit of work with the engineering dept of a university near me, in their wind tunnel, last year, and he tweeted that he fancied a ride, in the area, if anyone fancied it, so thinking it was a wind up, a few people turned up, and low and behold, the actual Chris Froome appeared, and we went for a 50 mile ride with him, before he fcucked off to the airport to catch a flight to a training camp. He's a nice bloke, proper down to earth type, and a very good rider, particularly on the hills. So I reckon he'd still be right 'up there' even without all his support.

I've been to the pub with Bradley Wiggins, the main difference was he actually talked to me and didn't think I was a cnut.
moleamol
CTF Site Moderator & Tech Support

Post by spast1kunt @ Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:28 pm

spast1kunt

Post by Deuteronomy @ Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:33 pm

Woah! Massive GIF!
Deuteronomy

Post by Dirk @ Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:10 pm

Dirk wrote:
A cyclist who knocked over and killed a 44-year-old woman in east London last year has been cleared of her manslaughter.
But Charlie Alliston, 20, was found guilty of causing bodily harm by "wanton or furious driving".

And guilty of being a cnut the jury foreman muttered under his breath

He got 18 months in a young offenders institute
Dirk

Highscores: 5

Post by Gnostic Ascent @ Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:10 am

Dirk wrote:
Dirk wrote:
A cyclist who knocked over and killed a 44-year-old woman in east London last year has been cleared of her manslaughter.
But Charlie Alliston, 20, was found guilty of causing bodily harm by "wanton or furious driving".

Deserves every second of it as well.
Gnostic Ascent

Post by Freddie @ Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:26 am

Gnostic Ascent wrote:
Dirk wrote:
Dirk wrote:

Out in nine months though.
Freddie
Herzogtum Preussen
Herzogtum Preussen

Post by Gnostic Ascent @ Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:43 pm

Freddie wrote:
Gnostic Ascent wrote:
Dirk wrote:
Dirk wrote:

Which is the problem with our judicial system. Doubt the stupid fcuker will ride a bike without brakes again.
Gnostic Ascent

Post by Freddie @ Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:46 pm

Gnostic Ascent wrote:
Freddie wrote:
Gnostic Ascent wrote:
Dirk wrote:
Dirk wrote:

Which is the problem with our judicial system. Doubt the stupid fcuker will ride a bike without brakes again.

Considering his ego, I suspect some of his new youth offender chums will probably give him a good kicking between now and early July.
Freddie
Herzogtum Preussen
Herzogtum Preussen

Post by Darthdeathdealer @ Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:45 pm

moleamol wrote:
Darthdeathdealer wrote:

I've been to the pub with Bradley Wiggins, the main difference was he actually talked to me and didn't think I was a cnut.

He didn't tell you he thought you were a Cnut.
Darthdeathdealer

Post by Darthdeathdealer @ Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:57 pm

Gnostic Ascent wrote:
Freddie wrote:
Gnostic Ascent wrote:
Dirk wrote:
Dirk wrote:

I think he had a rear wheel brake, and the obvious ( to anyone who's actually ridden fixed ) Brake, which is actually your legs resisting the rotation of the rear wheel. The only reason I ever attatched a front brake to a fixie, was 'just in case', I never needed it. The rear brake was there in case of downhills ( a complete fcuking nightmare on a fixie, without a wheel brake ). Single speed bikes with the hub set to fixed, or dedicated track bikes, are the best choice for flat urban rides. It takes a bit of actual skill to ride them, and that is sadly lacking in the majority of riders I encounter. Put a front brake on a fixie, job's a good'un. Not great for terrain riding, but fantastic for flat urban type stuff. Saves a fortune in maintenance as well, given fixies are so mechanically simple.
Last edited by Darthdeathdealer on Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Darthdeathdealer

Post by Darthdeathdealer @ Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:02 pm

spast1kunt wrote:Image

I ❤️ that.
Darthdeathdealer

Post by Freddie @ Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:16 pm

Darthdeathdealer wrote:
Gnostic Ascent wrote:
Freddie wrote:
Gnostic Ascent wrote:
Dirk wrote:
Dirk wrote:

I think he had a rear wheel brake, and the obvious ( to anyone who's actually ridden fixed ) Brake, which is actually your legs resisting the rotation of the rear wheel. The only reason I ever attatched a front brake to a fixie, was 'just in case', I never needed it. The rear brake was there in case of downhills ( a complete fcuking nightmare on a fixie, without a wheel brake ). Single speed bikes with the hub set to fixed, or dedicated track bikes, are the best choice for flat urban rides. It takes a bit of actual skill to ride them, and that is sadly lacking in the majority of riders I encounter. Put a front brake on a fixie, job's a good'un. Not great for terrain riding, but fantastic for flat urban type stuff. Saves a fortune in maintenance as well, given fixies are so mechanically simple.

No, really?
Freddie
Herzogtum Preussen
Herzogtum Preussen

Post by Gnostic Ascent @ Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:38 pm

Darthdeathdealer wrote:
Gnostic Ascent wrote:
Freddie wrote:
Gnostic Ascent wrote:
Dirk wrote:
Dirk wrote:

You really are the ultimate in tw@ts. A fixed rear wheel isn't a brake. It's something you can use to retard forward motion but it's not a brake. If you looked at the images off the bike in question you would see it was geared reasonably high. So trying to control your speed QUICKLY with a gear above 90" is extraordinarily difficult and close to impossible.

My current fixed wheel bike

Gnostic Ascent

Post by Darthdeathdealer @ Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:40 pm

Gnostic Ascent wrote:
Darthdeathdealer wrote:
Gnostic Ascent wrote:
Freddie wrote:
Gnostic Ascent wrote:
Dirk wrote:
Dirk wrote:

You really are the ultimate in tw@ts. A fixed rear wheel isn't a brake. It's something you can use to retard forward motion but it's not a brake. If you looked at the images off the bike in question you would see it was geared reasonably high. So trying to control your speed QUICKLY with a gear above 90" is extraordinarily difficult and close to impossible.

My current fixed wheel bike

Wow, you sound like an expert ( not ). I spent a long time riding fixed on urban routes, so I don't really need a Cnut like you trying ( and failing ) to explain it to me. 90" is extreme for a road going Fixie though, I will grant you that.
Darthdeathdealer

Post by deev @ Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:28 pm

You'd have to be a gaping arsehole hipster tw@t to ride a fixie without a proper brake on the roads. Resisting the rotation as the sole "brake" is incredibly stupid and selfish.
Last edited by deev on Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
deev
Banger King

Highscores: 3

Post by deev @ Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:30 pm

moleamol wrote:
Darthdeathdealer wrote:

How was his athsma?
deev
Banger King

Post by deev @ Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:52 pm

Peter Sagan, 3 in a row, amazing!
deev
Banger King

Post by Darthdeathdealer @ Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:28 pm

deev wrote:You'd have to be a gaping arsehole hipster tw@t to ride a fixie without a proper brake on the roads. Resisting the rotation as the sole "brake" is incredibly stupid and selfish.

The term is "mad skillz man"
Darthdeathdealer

Post by Dirk @ Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:06 pm

Darthdeathdealer wrote:
deev wrote:You'd have to be a gaping arsehole hipster tw@t to ride a fixie without a proper brake on the roads. Resisting the rotation as the sole "brake" is incredibly stupid and selfish.

The term is "mad skillz man"

I think its "stupid cnut" actually
Dirk

Highscores: 5

Post by Greg66 @ Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:46 pm

So, roughly one month ago, precisely ten years and a day after I bought this frameset:

Untitled.jpg
Old bike, stolen by a cnut
Untitled.jpg (81.61 KiB) Viewed 227 times

it was stolen, by a cnut.

Replacing it was not easy. There were two of those frames in that size still available to buy new, worldwide. There's now one.

It took a while to get all the bits together to replicate it (and some modifications had to be made along the way). But at last, I now have almost my old bike back:

And the best bit? It rides and feels *exactly* the same as the stolen one. Which was 100% the point of the exercise - an expensive but worthwhile exercise.
Greg66

Post by spast1kunt @ Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:48 pm

That's some good news Greg. Hope it doesn't get stolen again.
spast1kunt

Post by Greg66 @ Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:50 pm

You and me fcuking both.

To that end I have bought a lock which consists of a metre of 14mm steel chain links and a small D lock. It comes with £3k of insurance against bike theft, so I guess the makers are confident in it. Let's hope it works.
Greg66

Post by spast1kunt @ Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:53 pm

Laugh a bit at spending thousands of pounds shaving grams from the bike's weight then carrying around a massive hardened steel chain and a D-lock.
spast1kunt

Post by Greg66 @ Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:58 pm

The chain and lock weighs more than the bike! So I leave the chain at the place where I lock the bike up.
Greg66

Post by moleamol @ Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:55 pm

If you can leave the lock in situ add another lock Greggers. D-lock through the frame and back wheel forex.
moleamol

Post by HappyGoLucky @ Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:54 am

Greg66 wrote:The chain and lock weighs more than the bike! So I leave the chain at the place where I lock the bike up.

Isn't there a thing where the would be thief fcuks with compromises the chain while your bike is not there and then has away with it when you leave it thinking it's secured?
HappyGoLucky

PreviousNext

Return to General Sports