The cycling thread

All the other energetic stuff

The cycling thread

Post by minimoog @ Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:32 pm

thekungfury wrote:Stolen you think?

Or selling a cheating hubby’s possessions?

Or is like the old saying “I hope when I die my wife doesn’t sell my bikes for what I told her I’d paid”?

It was listed with a detailed spec of all the components on it and wanting a quick sale, so it actually seems a legit fire sale, or the latter.
Last edited by minimoog on Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
minimoog

Re: The cycling thread

Post by thekungfury @ Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:06 pm

Someone got a bargain then. Damn.

As an aside a mate of mine recently got his bikes taken. A custom build Ti and a couple of Colnago were taken. They left his normal bikes so they obviously a) knew what they were doing and b) he was probably followed home.
thekungfury

Highscores: 1

Post by deev @ Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:09 pm

It's a bloody old bike, 2006 or something like that, it's a 26'' wheel one if I'm not mistaken and 3 or 4 suspension designs ago, the current ones are a 4 bar linkage. £200 is still a decent price considering the kit on it mind you.
deev
Banger King

Highscores: 3

Post by S1K @ Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:05 am

Some cnut has strung a piece of string across a cycle track I often use, hospitalising a cyclist.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-44396411

BBC News wrote:A cyclist was thrown from his bike after riding into a piece of string tied at neck height across a Swansea cycle path.

David Stacey suffered head injuries and spent a night in Morriston Hospital after being knocked unconscious at about 17:40 BST on Tuesday.

He was cycling from Killay to Gowerton on the Clyne cycle path near Oakwood Drive.

The incident is being investigated by South Wales Police.

Mr Stacey said he could barely remember what happened and added: "If I didn't have a good helmet on I would have been a goner.

"The string was roughly neck or shoulder height and I came off my bike. My head hit the floor and I was knocked out completely.

"All I can remember is that it felt like hitting an invisible wall. I can just about remember going through the air and then like a firework going off inside my head and that's it."

Three men stopped and phoned the emergency services.

Mr Stacey said there was sometimes tension between walkers and cyclists on the multi-use path, with some cyclists going too fast.

He said: "Protesting against cyclists going too fast or some sick prank could have resulted in a death or brain injury.

"There's a huge dent in my bike helmet - that could have been my skull."

A police spokeswoman said: "Cyclists in the area are advised to be vigilant and to report anything suspicious."

You could kill someone doing shit like this.
S1K

Previous

Return to General Sports