Deev - McGregor Bus incident

~G~'s punching corner.

Deev - McGregor Bus incident

Post by stuart @ Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:42 pm

He's done, right?

I saw an interview with Dana White who said that was unapologetic about the incident... Basically said it needed to be done. (Although he was apologetic towards hurting the other fighters). However, he's probably going ot be come out of this with charges of assault... I don't see how the UFC can do anything other than firing him.

Or are they going to look past all this, just to get him to fight Khabib (probably not in the US though...)?

Also, Khabib will kill him right?

He hasn't fought in almost 2 years (ignoring the Mayweather fight, boxing doesn't count).

Dana White also suggested he's going ot be facing a LOT of lawsuits, he ended up with glass cutting a fighters actual eye, and the guy that was meant to fighting at the latest event couldn't, he's surely going to be going after Conor for money.

This surely has to end his career.
stuart
I know a front door when I see one

Highscores: 2

Re: Deev - McGregor Bus incident

Post by deev @ Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:54 pm

He'll plea down the felony to misdeamenour, pay some fines and be suspended for a bit. Others have done far worse and come back, Rampage JAckson driving his truck up a pavement and running someone over whilst off his tits on "energy drinks", Jon Jones running crashing his car into a pregnant lady whilst coked off his tits. The only slight fly here is that Conor isnt a US citizen so could have visa issues and to get the b ig money you have to be able to fight in the US, cos time zones.

Khabib would smash him anyway, he's a beast.
deev
Banger King

Highscores: 3

Post by deev @ Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:56 pm

Also it took the UFC ages to get mma legalised in New York and this shit wont really help. Connor makes them 100's of millions when he fights though so everythings fixable in the land of the free!
deev
Banger King

Post by deev @ Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:07 pm

deev
Banger King

Post by Strawman @ Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:26 pm

I imagine Toyo tyres are massively regretting that sponsorship deal.
Strawman

Post by deev @ Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:20 am

and as predicted...
https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/4/21/1 ... egor-fight
A championship showdown between Khabib Nurmagomedov and Conor McGregor would be the biggest fight in UFC history.

And, according to Khabib, the newly-crowned champ is currently in negotiations with Team McGregor on getting the fight booked as soon as possible.

The undefeated Dagestani told fans at a recent University Q&A (h/t Jim Edwards of MMANytt) that he isn’t willing to wait until next year to fight ‘The Notorious’.

“We’re talking, but if it takes too long, I don’t want to do that,” Nurmagomedov said. “If he wants to fight this year, then we can fight. Otherwise, I don’t know. We won’t wait long. I want to fight Conor and if he can fight, I will fight him.”

So, what's the betting that Connor gets a wishy washy slap on the wrist from the commission so everyone can make millions?
deev
Banger King

Post by stuart @ Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:45 am

Conor hasn't fought in a while...
stuart

Post by Strawman @ Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:00 am

Is he involved more in promoting his innovative dance moves these days?
Strawman

Post by deev @ Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:16 pm

stuart wrote:Conor hasn't fought in a while...

Over a year since his last MMA fight. CAnt say I blame him, he's got $100 million in the bank, It's not in his interests to allow himself to be booked to fight for significantly less, which is going to be hard in MMA. Unless it's against Floyd, and if he gets battered by Khabib in the mean time he's not worth as much.
deev
Banger King

Post by deev @ Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:19 pm

didnt even get a proper criminal record. Biggest MMA fight of all time. Khabib wins easily though. Although I think Khabib will make it look like it's just competitive enough to warrant a money spinning rematch. Unless Connor lands a punch when Khabib shoots in for a take down...
deev
Banger King

Post by stuart @ Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:42 am

I think Khabib wins this easily too.

I hope so anyway.
stuart

Post by deev @ Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:53 pm

Connor has done next to no PR and is refusing any UFC requests for him to do so, he's hiding himself away in camp in Ireland. He's not running his mouth, he's not taking every opportunity to turn up in a mink coat and act like a jackass.

The UFC are a bit pissed as the buzz for this fight isn't a huge as it should be thus far but...

Is Connor all shook up? He knows hes up against it this time, if Khabib gets a right underhook, he's done, that's literally all he needs, one right underhook and conner is going for a ride and not getting back up. As it stands Connor doesn't have the skill to avoid that happening once they're in a clinch and certainly doesn't have the durability to resist a Nurmagamedov onslaught on the deck.

Connor is currently training his arse off. There's no way he will ever learn to outwrestle Khabib, not going to happen, he can maybe learn to stuff a right underhook though or how to escape quickly from the hip toss that'll come after and if he can learn that then he can maybe, maybe, just maybe, make it a boxing match with a frustrated Khabib panic wrestling.

I've gone from 100% Khabib to 70-30 Khabib but I still lean towards it being basically a re run of Dan Hardy vs GSP.
deev
Banger King

Post by deev @ Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:05 pm

One of the guys sitting on the bus who got some glass in his eye and had to pull out of his fight that night is now suing McGregor. Michael Chiesa, kinda a mid level guy, is taking him tto court for loss of earnings, assault and emotional distress I think it was. He wants more than $25k as it's going to the big courts apparently.

He'll get a good few quid out of it I imagine.
deev
Banger King

Post by stuart @ Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:08 am

Just watched the fight and the aftermath.

Conor got wrecked, it was so one sided. Which is just embarrassing given how he runs his mouth then can't back it up. There was a couple of moments in the fight where khabib was smashing him that it really looked personal. Good to see mcgregor getting his ass handed to him.

An illegal knee on the ground, grabbing khabib gloves, toes in the cage and still he couldn't do anything. Also great how there was o e knockdown from a punch and it was khabib putting conor his arse.

Great.

After the fight though... Want to know what the guy outside the ring was saying to khabib!
stuart

Post by deev @ Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:11 pm

That was brilliant, Khabib just made himself a superstar with those antics too. Everyone knows he's the best now too, even the myopic mcnugget fans. That pic of Khabib flying into Connors team and them (amd Drake) crapping themselves was epic. Very bad sportsmanship etc etc but I don't care.
deev
Banger King

Post by deev @ Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:46 pm

Watching the fight again it does make me wonder who would want to fight Khabib. The shots he lands from someone's guard are brutal. Last night was like watching Fedor reigning down bombs onBig Nog back in Pride. Brutal but brilliant, Khabibs grappling and ability to control top position is amazing.

There's rumours of him vs GSP, that could be epic. I think GSP is a bit bigger though given he was a welterweight for his main run and recently won the middleweight title. I'd still not write off khabib though, he's a phenom.

NB Connor has never defended a title he's won. He did win an interim then beat the actual chap bit that's not the same really.

Trilogy fight with Nate next up at 165lbs for Connor? Winner becomes inaugural champion? Could happen. Connor isn't beating Ferguson or Khabib at LW.
deev
Banger King

Post by deev @ Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:44 pm

Glorious! Real translation apparently
deev
Banger King

Post by Pigeon @ Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:22 am

That first one looks like they're having mad sex.
Pigeon
CTF Technical Expert
CTF Technical Expert

Return to Contact Sports