Tyson Fury robbed?

~G~'s punching corner.

Tyson Fury robbed?

Post by Darthdeathdealer @ Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:30 pm

Tyson Fury is my kind of nutter, was he robbed in the fight against Wylder, or did the 12th round knock down justify the split decision?
Darthdeathdealer

Re: Tyson Fury robbed?

Post by dirtyboy @ Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:13 pm

Darthdeathdealer wrote:Tyson Fury is my kind of nutter, was he robbed in the fight against Wylder, or did the 12th round knock down justify the split decision?

On the night I had it 115 Fury, 112 Wilder (I reluctantly scored the first 10-10)

I've watched it again, without emotion of the moment and I can make a case for Wilder possibly being given rounds 1 and 2 (just on the basis they were both quite tentative with their work) and obviously 9 and 12 being 10-8 rounds and that makes it 114-112 in favour of Fury.

Throw another rogue round in where the judge may have blinked for most of it and missed the action and then you possibly have it all square on 113.

Any other score is fcuking Stevie Wonder territory.

However, I can just about see howe Wilder fans would have been bemused had their figher knocked down the challenger twice and lost his titles, but he really did make Wilder look terrible.

Fair play to that right hand though...that 12th round knockdown and that 1 extra point saved him losing his title.
dirtyboy

Post by deev @ Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:04 pm

Yes he was but you can't go leaving things in the hands of the judges when you're in a foreign land. Fury is great but he's a bit pillow fisted. He'd make Joshua look likea tomato can if they fought though because a stiff breeze would knock AJ's legs bandy and he'd land diddly squat on Tyson and even if Tyson didn't get the KO he'd be a mile ahead on points anyway.

I can't see AJ beating Fury or Wilder, watch him fight more bums infront of 80k paying mugs for the next 5 years until Fury and Wilder are too old to have a chance. (AJ is 29, Fury is 30 but that couple of years binge will have added about 3 at least and Deontay is 33 but I guess he might last longer as all he has is power and thats the last to go)
Last edited by deev on Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
deev
Banger King

Highscores: 3

Post by ttwiggy @ Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:40 am

deev wrote:as all he has is power and thats the last to go

Rocky 6?
ttwiggy

Post by Careless Whisperer @ Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:22 pm

ttwiggy wrote:
deev wrote:as all he has is power and thats the last to go

Rocky 6?

Funny you should say that. I sat watching Creed the night of the Fury v Wilder fight, then woke up to video clips of Fury being knocked out and getting up again.

Sometimes life imitates artshit films.
Careless Whisperer

Highscores: 5

Post by dirtyboy @ Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:40 pm

deev wrote:Yes he was but you can't go leaving things in the hands of the judges when you're in a foreign land. Fury is great but he's a bit pillow fisted. He'd make Joshua look likea tomato can if they fought though because a stiff breeze would knock AJ's legs bandy and he'd land diddly squat on Tyson and even if Tyson didn't get the KO he'd be a mile ahead on points anyway.

I can't see AJ beating Fury or Wilder, watch him fight more bums infront of 80k paying mugs for the next 5 years until Fury and Wilder are too old to have a chance. (AJ is 29, Fury is 30 but that couple of years binge will have added about 3 at least and Deontay is 33 but I guess he might last longer as all he has is power and thats the last to go)

I think you're being harsh on AJ, I think he'd beat Wilder but differently to Fury did (albeit not). Wilder only came forward in that fight as he wasn't overly concerned about Fury's power and could carry on searching for the right hand. He can't do that against AJ as regardless of his apparent chin, he's one of the best counter punchers out there and with Wilder not being particularly well balanced when loading up, he'd get caught regularly.
dirtyboy

Post by deev @ Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:28 pm

Fair point, I just hope we get to see them all fight
deev
Banger King

Highscores: 3

Return to Contact Sports