Mercedes A35 AMG

Forum rules
You can only review cars you have either owned or driven.
ANY car of ANY age or price can be reviewed.
Reviews can be ANY length.
All threads must be named with the details of the car reviewed in the OP.
Label the thread with either "owned" or "driven" depending on the basis for your review.

Re: Mercedes A35 AMG

Post by S1K @ Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:18 pm

The little Yaris my mother just got was the same. All the models got a reversing camera but sensors were extra. It came with lane departure warning and automatic radar braking as standard too because apparently they contribute to the NCAP score.
S1K

Post by thekungfury @ Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:06 am

Il Duce wrote:Another disappointing thing is that I have a very good reversing camera but no reversing sensors. Really odd. And shit.

Same in mine. It has 4 cameras and a 360 top down view but no actual sensors. Really weird after a decade of audible cues.
thekungfury

Highscores: 1

Post by Tokyo Sexwale @ Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:34 am

thekungfury wrote:Same in mine. It has 4 cameras and a 360 top down view but no actual sensors. Really weird after a decade of audible cues.

I would crash park that I reckon, I'm so reliant on them now. I wonder if cameras are now cheaper than sensors.
Tokyo Sexwale

Post by CJ+ @ Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:30 pm

I don't have any cameras, but I'm totally dependent, when reversing, on the pingers in the Saab.
CJ+

Post by Il Duce @ Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:45 pm

Tokyo Sexwale wrote:
thekungfury wrote:Same in mine. It has 4 cameras and a 360 top down view but no actual sensors. Really weird after a decade of audible cues.

I would crash park that I reckon, I'm so reliant on them now. I wonder if cameras are now cheaper than sensors.

Without the beeps I'm parking like a pensioner at moment. I can't believe 2 ultrasonics are more expensive than a camera. My feeling is that Merc do this on purpose to make you buy a "Pack" with the sensors included. Bloody Germans!
Il Duce
Italian Person
Italian Person

Post by thekungfury @ Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:31 pm

Tokyo Sexwale wrote:

I found out after ordering that they’re a dealer fit option and only something like £350 so I was furious when I found out. Also annoyed finding out charging cables are an optional extra, again after ordering. It comes with a 3-pin charger but not with one for the pod chargers.

I’m getting used to the cameras and when parking in bays it’s actually really good as it shows how far inside the lines you are. Overall though I’m really missing the bleeps, especially in such a behemoth.
thekungfury

Post by Tokyo Sexwale @ Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:43 pm

That's an annoying oversight. I love the 360 camera in those Outlanders, I reckon I could convince my wife it used a drone.
Tokyo Sexwale

Post by Doctor Congo @ Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:29 pm

thekungfury wrote:
Tokyo Sexwale wrote:

I found out after ordering that they’re a dealer fit option and only something like £350 so I was furious when I found out. Also annoyed finding out charging cables are an optional extra, again after ordering. It comes with a 3-pin charger but not with one for the pod chargers.

I’m getting used to the cameras and when parking in bays it’s actually really good as it shows how far inside the lines you are. Overall though I’m really missing the bleeps, especially in such a behemoth.

Have you changed your car?
Doctor Congo

Post by S1K @ Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:06 pm

S1K

Post by Il Duce @ Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:17 am

To try and cure the massive road noise, today I had a set of Dunlop MAXX sport tyres fitted.
These are 68db as compared to 73db of the Contis it came with.

First impressions between two roundabouts is promising. I shall report after a more conclusive test.
Il Duce
Italian Person
Italian Person

Post by minimoog @ Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:57 am

Il Duce wrote:To try and cure the massive road noise, today I had a set of Dunlop MAXX sport tyres fitted.

First impressions between two roundabouts is promising. I shall report after a more conclusive test.

Interested for when it's time to change my tyres. The P Zeros it's on aren't the quietest.
minimoog

Post by CJ+ @ Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:16 am

Synchronicity. I've just ordered 4x Michelin CrossClimate+ tyres for the Saab.
CJ+

Post by Käsemeister @ Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:35 pm

Il Duce wrote:To try and cure the massive road noise, today I had a set of Dunlop MAXX sport tyres fitted.

Jesus wept that’s an enormous difference.
Käsemeister

Post by Il Duce @ Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:06 pm

Käsemeister wrote:

Jesus wept that’s an enormous difference.

I know.
I'm hoping it's like the difference between an angry woman and one that's asleep.

Another thing.....our regular tyre fitter said the Dunlop sidewalls were like cement. "Harder than runflats to fit"
It's likely I've cured the noise but fvcked the ride.

Everybody cross your bloody fingers ok?
Il Duce
Italian Person
Italian Person

Post by minimoog @ Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:15 pm

I'm probably going for Eagle F1s when the time comes, seem to be the best combo of review ratings and price.
minimoog

Previous

Return to REal LIfe CAr REviews!