Audi S3-2016- bag of shit- Owned

Forum rules
You can only review cars you have either owned or driven.
ANY car of ANY age or price can be reviewed.
Reviews can be ANY length.
All threads must be named with the details of the car reviewed in the OP.
Label the thread with either "owned" or "driven" depending on the basis for your review.

Re: Audi S3-2016- bag of shit- Owned

Post by wi11iam @ Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:24 pm

Papers served or grovelling apology (& cash) received?

As the latter strikes me as unlikely what’s the timeline before the ante gets raised?
wi11iam

Post by Il Duce @ Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:28 pm

Papers filed. Fee paid.

I'm also now claiming for interest on my money at the regulation 8%. Total is now over 2.5k.

I've just had a call from the MD of the group. Nice guy, wants to sort it out. Reckons Audi should be responsible. Really? No shit Sherlock. Out of my hands now anyway. Pay up or court.
Il Duce
Italian Person
Italian Person

Post by S1K @ Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:01 pm

Are you going to be on one of those bailiffs TV programmes, with Paul Bohill making an inventory of Cardiff Audi’s stock?
S1K

Post by foo @ Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:10 pm

I don't understand why they're being such shits, is it just out of spite now?
foo

Post by minimoog @ Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:23 pm

foo wrote:I don't understand why they're being such shits, is it just out of spite now?

More likely Hanlon's razor applies.
minimoog

Post by HappyGoLucky @ Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:59 am

minimoog wrote:More likely Hanlon's razor applies.

:like:
HappyGoLucky

Highscores: 3

Post by wi11iam @ Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:16 am

Had to look that up :like:
wi11iam

Post by tanglerat @ Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:27 am

wi11iam wrote:Had to look that up :like:

Not just me then.
tanglerat
Ruler of the Queen's Navee

Post by Il Duce @ Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:38 am

S1K wrote:Are you going to be on one of those bailiffs TV programmes, with Paul Bohill making an inventory of Cardiff Audi’s stock?

Doubtful after my conversation with the MD but who knows?

I've sent the court forms so they now have 14 days to pay. I got the feeling from the MD that he was going to try and get his refund from Audi.
I mentioned that I'd taken it up with Audi customer services and read him the email reply: "there are lots of parts on a car, sometimes they break, we can't be held responsible". The silence on the phone went on a long time. I could almost sense him mouthing WTF! He asked for a copy so I think shit is going to be hitting fans.

Anyway, as I said, their problem now.
Il Duce
Italian Person
Italian Person

Post by wi11iam @ Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:30 pm

Have you been to the show room to measure up which sofas you can fit into your house?

And what are you going to do with fcuk loads of Audi branded clothing?
wi11iam

Post by Il Duce @ Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:35 am

wi11iam wrote:Have you been to the show room to measure up which sofas you can fit into your house?

Laugh.
I'm torn at the moment. I hate the cvnts at the dealership but the MD seems a genuinely nice guy who is try to sort a shitstorm created by fvckwits. As an employer I know the feeling so it's hard to be tough on him.
Il Duce
Italian Person
Italian Person

Post by Firkin @ Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:42 am

Il Duce wrote:
wi11iam wrote:Have you been to the show room to measure up which sofas you can fit into your house?

Laugh.
I'm torn at the moment. I hate the cvnts at the dealership but the MD seems a genuinely nice guy who is try to sort a shitstorm created by fvckwits. As an employer I know the feeling so it's hard to be tough on him.

But how has it got to this without him knowing about it? MD's I've known would've been all over it.
Firkin

Post by Il Duce @ Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:14 am

Firkin wrote:
Il Duce wrote:

Laugh.

But how has it got to this without him knowing about it? MD's I've known would've been all over it.

It's a big group with several garages of several different makes.
It seems like the Audi dealer thought I would pay and go away. Then they thought the TMO adjudicator would rule in their favour. Then they thought the actual Ombudsman would overturn his decision. Then they were too far in to go back and too scared to tell the MD.
I hope the MD rips them a new arse.
Il Duce
Italian Person
Italian Person

Post by S1K @ Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:04 am

Monmotors, the parent company, has twelve main dealers as well as a used car operation and three or four body shops. You’d have thought they could find a few piddly grand down the back of the sofa if they really tried.
S1K

Post by Il Duce @ Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:07 am

Looks like the MD doesn't really understand what's happening.

Here's his latest email:

I’ve have spoken to Audi UK and just need the copy of the report from you to go through it with them, but I’m confident I can get it resolved for you.

Get it resolved? You tit!

I've explained that TMO decisions are legally binding and that because his employees ignored my comms it's now with the small claims court and he has 10 days to pay.

Unbelievable.
Il Duce
Italian Person
Italian Person

Post by Il Duce @ Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:18 pm

Just had an email from TMO.

Unbelievable.

Dear Mr Spaghetti.

Thank you for your emails. Unfortunately there isn't much I can do at the moment. I have flagged this internally and we will try and get this resolved. However, I can't say how long this will take furthermore, while we do hope that the business complies with our recommendation - we can't actually legally enforce this.

I also can't advise you on what to do regarding taking this to court. So this is a decision your have to make yourself.

Kind regards,
A Useless cnut

So children what have we learned about dealing with naughty car dealers ?
1. Don't bother with TMO
2. Get an engineers report
3. Go to small claims court and save a year of your life.
Il Duce
Italian Person
Italian Person

Post by Dirk @ Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:56 pm

Back when I was starting out I recall a very large defence company got into a spot of bother with a small payment to a removals firm for moving stuff between offices.

The new managed to percolate up to the very top that the court had given them to the following day or their bank accounts would be sequestrated. A message came down to the local manager much more quickly - go to the bank, take out the cash, pay the fcuking bill or you won't have a job on Monday
Dirk

Highscores: 5

Post by thekungfury @ Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:03 pm

Il Duce wrote:I've explained that TMO decisions are legally binding

An hour later...
TMO wrote:we can't actually legally enforce this.

What made you think they were binding? And how will the small claims court help now?
thekungfury

Highscores: 1

Post by Il Duce @ Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:28 pm

thekungfury wrote:

An hour later...

What made you think they were binding? And how will the small claims court help now?

TMO email "This is the last stage of The Motor Ombudsman's process and your complaint is now closed. You can either accept this decision, in which case it becomes binding on both parties, or reject it and look to pursue your complaint elsewhere."

I have been told by my mate in the car trade that courts stuff like this to be solved by alternative dispute resolution to stop courts being clogged up with shit.
TMO is the preferred ADR for the car business. I went to them, it went in my favour so if it goes to court, the judge won't be happy with Cardiff Audi.

That said, I've just come off the phone with the MD and I'm beginning to think he's a cnut too.

He's been "talking to brand about resolving this quickly"
He said "legally your contract is with the supplying dealer Essex Audi but in the end it's really AUDI's problem as they made the car so I'm in discussions with them to resolve".

I thought "fvck off, you charged me to change a part that was covered under warranty, my contract is with you. You pay me then go and get the money from Essex Audi, who then go and get it from AUDI. You tw@t."

GREGG!!!!! Who is right?
Il Duce
Italian Person
Italian Person

Post by Deuteronomy @ Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:31 pm

Don't expect anything from Greggers unless you've paid cash upfront to the young intern that mans his front desk.
Deuteronomy

Post by Il Duce @ Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:40 pm

Deuteronomy wrote:Don't expect anything from Greggers unless you've paid cash upfront to the young intern that mans his front desk.

He's helped before. That time when Tokes was bullying me for my dinner money remember?
Il Duce
Italian Person
Italian Person

Post by Dirk @ Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:47 pm

The judgement states that it is binding on both parties. So who was names as the other party? Audi? The dealer?
Presumably whoever it is has a shortage of limbs with which to maintain an elevation such that the bum is above ground level
Dirk

Post by thekungfury @ Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:48 pm

Il Duce wrote:
thekungfury wrote:

An hour later...

TMO email "This is the last stage of The Motor Ombudsman's process and your complaint is now closed. You can either accept this decision, in which case it becomes binding on both parties, or reject it and look to pursue your complaint elsewhere."

Bizarre. Somewhere in between that email and latest it’s gone from binding to just a non-legally enforceable recommendation.

Angry on your behalf.
thekungfury

Highscores: 1

Post by Il Duce @ Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:58 pm

Dirk wrote:The judgement states that it is binding on both parties. So who was names as the other party? Audi? The dealer?
Presumably whoever it is has a shortage of limbs with which to maintain an elevation such that the bum is above ground level

Cardiff Audi.
But it's a judgment by TMO.
Is it LEGALLY binding?
Il Duce
Italian Person
Italian Person

Post by Dirk @ Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:08 pm

Even if it isn't, if TMO has made a decision, Small claims will take some convincing not to go with that. And if Cardiff Audi fcuk around trying to get someone else on the hook and don't answer small claims then they will lose.

And then it definitely is legally binding
Dirk

Post by Il Duce @ Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:12 pm

Dirk wrote:Even if it isn't, if TMO has made a decision, Small claims will take some convincing not to go with that. And if Cardiff Audi fcuk around trying to get someone else on the hook and don't answer small claims then they will lose.

And then it definitely is legally binding

Much as my motor trade mate said.

MD has phoned for the breakdown of the total owed so something might happen soon.
Il Duce
Italian Person
Italian Person

Previous

Return to REal LIfe CAr REviews!