Honda Civic 1.6 S - Owned

Forum rules
You can only review cars you have either owned or driven.
ANY car of ANY age or price can be reviewed.
Reviews can be ANY length.
All threads must be named with the details of the car reviewed in the OP.
Label the thread with either "owned" or "driven" depending on the basis for your review.

Honda Civic 1.6 S - Owned

Post by boo boo @ Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:31 pm

Bought it approx 5/6 years ago for my wife.

It became my P & J in February as wife upgraded to a Toyota.

It's a Vtec as well.

Optional Genuine Honda Cd player

Traditional parking sensor

Some loser stole the Honda badge from the grill

More Pics

Full size spare wheel (a rareity nowadays)

I use it for three things only.

1. Going to work
2. Coming back from work
3. Carrying anything remotely dirty/biggish

It's pretty economical. It has brilliant handling. A bit like a Type R but more refined and when the Vtec kick in this thing takes of like a rabbit being chased by a fox. I nearly overtook some kid in a bodykitted Corsa last week. Shame he noticed and put his foot down too :(

I can park it anywhere!

If i park too close to another car i can walk across to the passenger side and get out that way.

It did have a genuine boot mat but milk was spilt on it so therefore i no longer have a boot mat. I do have a piece of plywood mind.

Ummm.... i don't know what else to say really. I nearly took it to a track day once but decided not to at the last minute.

I'm seriously thinking of turning it into a van or just tackying the crap out of it with accessories.
boo boo

Re: Honda Civic 1.6 S - Owned

Post by Tokyo Sexwale @ Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:02 pm

Righty ho.
Tokyo Sexwale

Post by Käsemeister @ Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:09 pm

Riveted.
Käsemeister

Post by thekungfury @ Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:29 pm

Do you live in Slough?
thekungfury

Highscores: 1

Post by boo boo @ Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:17 pm

No... That's down south... I usually get lost down South :-(

The car is amazing. Much better than other cars of the same vintage. It nearly full poverty spec but it has electric front window and mirrors!

If it did not have electric windows and mirrors then it would be worth more. Like certain Subaru's and Evo's less is worth more.

In all truthfulness I did try selling the car for £500 but I had some right comedians turn up. In the end I decided to keep it. Did you know it has fsh! I still keep any service receipts for it.

In December it had a coolant flush and oil change.

My plan was to replace it with an Alfa GTV (with red leather interior) when it dies but I've just bought two new tyres for it so I can't.

Ah... You want to hear my tyre story don't you?

Well... A couple of years ago I bought a brand new set of tyres. On the mot which was in Feb I realised that the front two tyres were only just legal. The gearbox was making a wierd noise too. So mechanic said gearbox is going to die at any moment so I'm better of scrapping the car. My idea was to use it up until August when the tax runs out. However the tyres were wearing more and more and I was getting nervous driving in case plod fancied a word. So I went to a used tyre place and found a couple of tyres at £18 each. Bargain! Erm... Not really... They were only 1mm above the legal limit!

So they sold me a new set of dingdongs for £43 each... Now all of a sudden the car accelerates, brakes and corners with the confidence and poise of a rally bred fire spitting turbo charged son of an Evo mother Subaru thing!

The plan for the weekend is to give it a clean. It's an investment of £3 or for £5 I can have a clean and Hoover of the interior too (plus dash shine)...
Last edited by boo boo on Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
boo boo

Post by boo boo @ Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:55 am

Wee update. I did post it on another forum frequented by keyboard bullies and guys that need to have more sex. But they went a bit mardy.

Changed stereo and gearknob.

The stereo has USB connectivity and the gearknob is round and makes it feel like it's. Lot sportier than it is.

Got my son to draw on the A pillars

Removed the back seats and carpeted the floor so I can turn it into a van type device.

Randomn pic which I thought was a good idea at the time

Last edited by boo boo on Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
boo boo

Post by Barbarianna @ Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:04 am

You paint a nice picture of your life with this car there boo boo.
NB I keep saying your name with a comedic inflection like in yogi bear.

It was madness to sell it on for £500. No matter what, it is a Honda and is incapable of breaking.
Close shave !

The tyre story is a bit of a claffhanger because it is told as if you have forgotten about the gearbox whine. Let this post be a sobering reminder to keep on top of that.

Damien Thorn will soon be along to sniff around your car. He was going to buy a Jizz (Jazz! ) which is probably the same thing as yours, but jazzed (!) up to appeal to grandads and undead corpses (not always mutually exclusive groups,mind)

Explain the arty shot (s) at the end. Do you kill for money? The accident shot looks like you do somehow. Like a frieny hello on a newbie thread who describes how he makes great omelettes and has a jukebox in his dining room, all very solid stuff I I'm sure, but signs off with a pic of his raging,excoriated bellend halted perilously close to the gaping anal opening of a rutting badger. his Why didnt you stop your son from defacing the A pillar? The doodles look quite grown up, strangely. Is your son a legitimate (as in dictionary-defined) child or some kind of murderous simpleton/ Arts graduate?

I digress. Didnt mean to put you off at all there- I actually want to know more about you and this Civic. Its all teetering on something exciting happening which I am sure you are going to write about. Welcome anyway
Barbarianna

Post by stuart @ Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:18 am

boo boo wrote:Wee update. I did post it on another forum frequented by keyboard bullies and guys that need to have more sex. But they went a bit mardy.

Changed stereo and gearknob.

The stereo has USB connectivity and the gearknob is round and makes it feel like it's. Lot sportier than it is.

The hayfever accessory pack ?
stuart
I know a front door when I see one

Highscores: 2

Post by boo boo @ Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:57 am

stuart wrote:
boo boo wrote:The hayfever accessory pack ?

It's what i use to lure in all the grannies.
boo boo

Post by boo boo @ Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:01 am

Norman D. Cheese wrote:You paint a nice picture of your life with this car there boo boo.
NB I keep saying your name with a comedic inflection like in yogi bear.

It was madness to sell it on for £500. No matter what, it is a Honda and is incapable of breaking.
Close shave !

The tyre story is a bit of a claffhanger because it is told as if you have forgotten about the gearbox whine. Let this post be a sobering reminder to keep on top of that.

Damien Thorn will soon be along to sniff around your car. He was going to buy a Jizz (Jazz! ) which is probably the same thing as yours, but jazzed (!) up to appeal to grandads and undead corpses (not always mutually exclusive groups,mind)

Explain the arty shot (s) at the end. Do you kill for money? The accident shot looks like you do somehow. Like a frieny hello on a newbie thread who describes how he makes great omelettes and has a jukebox in his dining room, all very solid stuff I I'm sure, but signs off with a pic of his raging,excoriated bellend halted perilously close to the gaping anal opening of a rutting badger. his Why didnt you stop your son from defacing the A pillar? The doodles look quite grown up, strangely. Is your son a legitimate (as in dictionary-defined) child or some kind of murderous simpleton/ Arts graduate?

I digress. Didnt mean to put you off at all there- I actually want to know more about you and this Civic. Its all teetering on something exciting happening which I am sure you are going to write about. Welcome anyway

Thanks fella :)

I have remembered the gearbox now :(

The arty shot at the bottom was a love test. I parked my car behind some battered vw fish thing and then showed the pic to my wife in the hope i'd get the sympathy nookie. She told me off instead :(

The doodeling was carried out by my legitimate human child. He had some crayons so i asked him to draw some nice pictures. The idea was that i could sit traffic and think of my little boy and plan daddy and son things to do together. However i've made a conscience note to doodle on his car when he's old enough to have one :)
boo boo

Post by Rod Rammage @ Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:28 am

Sir, you are embarking in a splendid adventure. Enjoy it and please, share as much as possible so that we may continue living great adventures vicariously through you.
Rod Rammage

Post by stuart @ Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:47 am

Rod Rammage wrote:Sir, you are embarking in a splendid adventure. Enjoy it and please, share as much as possible so that we may continue living great adventures vicariously through you.

ha!
stuart
I know a front door when I see one

Highscores: 2

Post by thekungfury @ Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:34 am

Rod Rammage wrote:Sir, you are embarking in a splendid adventure. Enjoy it and please, share as much as possible so that we may continue living great adventures vicariously through you.

Laugh
thekungfury

Post by boo boo @ Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:00 pm

Well this morning the seats i took out were taken by a lovely gentleman in a transit tipper. I thanked him as he loaded them onto his tipper and he gave me a 'wierd' look (like i was trying to groom him or something) and gave a nod of thanks.
boo boo

Post by Barbarianna @ Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:54 pm

Jeopardy. I KNEW something was gonna kick off.
Barbarianna

Post by deev @ Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:26 pm

Koreans will hate your evil battery.
deev
Banger King

Highscores: 3

Post by Deuteronomy @ Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:57 am

I want to say something pithy, but I think it'd be like kicking a puppy.

Come here Boo Boo you silly fcuker

>ruffles hair<

Now fcuk off back to your rollercoaster life.
Deuteronomy

Post by boo boo @ Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:59 pm

Well what can i say.... i kinda killed it :)

First of all i took it to a race track... well actually a sprint track!

Sprinting is for people who can't afford real trackdays.

As you can see that Race prepped Subaru could not keep up with the mighty power of my 1.6 Civic!!!!

I then used it as my own mobile skip until the front spring snapped, the engine started misfiring but it still didn't die as in... die! I even drove up the road in first gear bouncing off the rev limiter but it still refused to die. I advertised it on facebook and some randomn guy from Walsall sent me a message stating he is interesting in becoming the new owner. So i drove to him, took him home and caressed £195 out of him :)

Last edited by boo boo on Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
boo boo

Post by Turntable @ Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:07 am

boo boo wrote:
I then. So i drove to him, took him home and caressed £195 out of him :)

[img]

Nicely phrased.
You know your car is a proper shitter when you have to go to the lengths of caressing such a terrible amount of money.
Turntable

Highscores: 7

Post by WalMitty @ Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:35 am

What a baffling turn of events.
Next up, boo boo buys an ipad and covers it jam. He notes that it did some of the things it did before he put jam on it, but not as well. He notes some people question what the fcuk he is doing. Ha! Finally he sells the jam covered ipad to a man for many times less than what it would be worth if he had left the thing alone.
WalMitty

Post by Käsemeister @ Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:11 pm

I don't understand any of this.
Käsemeister

Post by Me. @ Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:53 am

Yeah...me neither. WTF is this all about? Is this secret Mi5 code......or some tinted brethren planning an aerial attack on the Houses of Parliament?
Me.

Post by Me. @ Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:54 am

In which case can you please re-direct the attack to the headquarters of the DVLA?
Me.

Post by Deuteronomy @ Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:17 am

What the hell are you on about Boo Boo?
Deuteronomy

Post by Piquet @ Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:39 am

I don't know what's wrong with you lot. This is clearly a hilarious thread and you're taking it all serious like!
Piquet

Post by boo boo @ Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:51 pm

Gosh... you guys nearly sounded like the folk from that other place.... nearly that is...

Anyways....

I saw the car for sale a week after i sold it.

The car was advertised for £550!

I sent a message to the seller asking him all sorts of randomn questions about the car, like has it got back seats, is there doodleing on the A pillar, does the handbrake work, can i still do wheelspins.

To my surprise the kid that bought if off me replaced the interior, put in a new clutch and fixed the car. I was tempted to buy it back but i fell for the charms of a german thing instead so now i am the owner of a BMW and i've just given up indicating. The strange thing is that nobody bats an eyelid or seems to care. It is almost as if me not indicating whilst driving a BMW is expected!
boo boo

Post by Tokyo Sexwale @ Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:24 am

boo boo wrote:
I sent a message to the seller asking him all sorts of randomn questions about the car, like has it got back seats, is there doodleing on the A pillar, does the handbrake work, can i still do wheelspins.

Why?
Tokyo Sexwale

Post by mervynp @ Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:39 pm

Tokyo Sexwale wrote:
boo boo wrote:

Why?

Shits and giggles?
mervynp

Post by Me. @ Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:06 pm

boo boo wrote: now i am the owner of a BMW

Does this mean that if you drop it off with me for any work I have to listen to acres of rambling? Either way.....where is the thread about the BMW? Huh?
Me.

Post by boo boo @ Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:44 pm

Me. wrote:
boo boo wrote: now i am the owner of a BMW

Does this mean that if you drop it off with me for any work I have to listen to acres of rambling? Either way.....where is the thread about the BMW? Huh?

I'm finding it hard to generate the enthusiasm to do so.

I'm still disappointed as to how slow it is.
boo boo

Next

Return to REal LIfe CAr REviews!