New arrival C63 AMG

Forum rules
You can only review cars you have either owned or driven.
ANY car of ANY age or price can be reviewed.
Reviews can be ANY length.
All threads must be named with the details of the car reviewed in the OP.
Label the thread with either "owned" or "driven" depending on the basis for your review.

Re: New arrival C63 AMG

Post by Il Duce @ Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:41 am

Deuteronomy wrote:Fcuk knows, not tried it - I think you still have to turn the wheel but the system looks for spaces big enough and then tells you how much to turn the wheel and which way etc.

That's a bit shit isn't it? It's like having your dad in the car with you. Or you in the car advising your wife.
Il Duce
Italian Person
Italian Person

Post by Deuteronomy @ Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:07 pm

TT, I was in Leamington Spa yesterday and a C63 fcuking rumbled down the high street sounding ace - made me think of yours, do you still love it? (100% hope you do)
Deuteronomy

Post by Bodhi @ Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:09 pm

Deuteronomy wrote:TT, I was in Leamington Spa yesterday and a C63 fcuking rumbled down the high street sounding ace - made me think of yours, do you still love it? (100% hope you do)

Let me know when either of you are selling yours.
Bodhi

Post by Turntable @ Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:29 pm

Deuteronomy wrote:TT, I was in Leamington Spa yesterday and a C63 fcuking rumbled down the high street sounding ace - made me think of yours, do you still love it? (100% hope you do)

Yes I do. Every time I start it up I absolutely love it. It continues to be utterly ridiculous.
Terrible in the snow, it turns out but I couldn't give a shit.
I think the sign of loving a car is that you laugh at the flaws in a fond way rather than being annoyed
Turntable

Highscores: 7

Post by Dirk @ Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:38 pm

Turntable wrote:
Deuteronomy wrote:I think the sign of loving a car is that you laugh at the flaws in a fond way rather than being annoyed

True that
Dirk

Highscores: 5

Post by Deuteronomy @ Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:39 am

Turntable wrote:

Yes I do. Every time I start it up I absolutely love it. It continues to be utterly ridiculous.
Terrible in the snow, it turns out but I couldn't give a shit.
I think the sign of loving a car is that you laugh at the flaws in a fond way rather than being annoyed

Mine is the same, not great in the wet either - but it's relative I suppose. It's no worse than a 'normal' car but it's easy to forget the biblical torque whilst becoming furious that the TC keeps cutting in, despite it stopping me putting the car in the ditch.
Deuteronomy

Post by Turntable @ Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:28 pm

Il Duce wrote:Beautifully understated considering what it is. And top marks for being de-badged.

I came back to find this comment. Every day I hate the fact that it is debadged more and more.
When I was about 20 I loved the thought of debadged performance cars because it was cool having a subtle car that was the fastest.
Now, though, I consider it equally pikey as having a massive exhaust on a 1.2 saxo. It is actively trying to make a point although I don't know what that point is. Every time I look at the car I feel angry, ashamed and hatred.
I have two choices at the moment.
1) Re-badge the car I love in all other aspects.
2) Get rid of it.

1) Is the sensible option but it feels just as much that I am making a statement re-badging it. Also hassle.
I am fairly sure I have to sell this car because it has been debadged.
Turntable

Post by Freddie @ Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:32 pm

Turntable wrote:
Il Duce wrote:Beautifully understated considering what it is. And top marks for being de-badged.

I came back to find this comment. Every day I hate the fact that it is debadged more and more.
When I was about 20 I loved the thought of debadged performance cars because it was cool having a subtle car that was the fastest.
Now, though, I consider it equally pikey as having a massive exhaust on a 1.2 saxo. It is actively trying to make a point although I don't know what that point is. Every time I look at the car I feel angry, ashamed and hatred.
2) Get rid of it.

1) Is the sensible option but it feels just as much that I am making a statement re-badging it. Also hassle.

First World Problem, TT?
Freddie
Herzogtum Preussen
Herzogtum Preussen

Post by moleamol @ Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:45 pm

Turntable wrote:

2) Get rid of it.

It does seem daft to de-badge a real one but it could be a consequence of all the AMG badges diesels and shit cars these days that just have an AMG spoiler. Yet unless you are deaf it's fairly obvious your one is a real one and I would enjoy pulling next to AMG badged shitters in it.
moleamol
CTF Site Moderator & Tech Support
CTF Site Moderator & Tech Support

Post by Il Duce @ Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:47 pm

Turntable wrote:

2) Get rid of it.

I'm afraid you're talking shit.
Most people won't know what it is anyway.

I debadged my M3 (e36)
I only rebadged it because every tw@t in creation was provoking me to boot it because they thought it was a fake.
As soon as I rebadged it everybody left me alone.
That's the only reason you should rebadge yours.
Il Duce
Italian Person
Italian Person

Post by Greg66 @ Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:48 pm

Turntable wrote:

2) Get rid of it.

(Marginally) better reason than "the ashtrays are full".
Greg66

Post by Il Duce @ Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:51 pm

Greg66 wrote:
Turntable wrote:

2) Get rid of it.

(Marginally) better reason than "the ashtrays are full".

Well spotted grogg I think he's practising his "need to change that bloody car" speech on us before he tries it on the wife.
Il Duce
Italian Person
Italian Person

Post by Dirk @ Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:52 pm

Turntable wrote:

2) Get rid of it.

Well you have to sell it, then obviously you need to re-badge it so that you can get the best price. Then, once it has been re-badged you will no longer need to sell it, but you haven't re-badged in order to make a statement
Dirk

Highscores: 5

Post by S1K @ Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:28 pm

Don't the four drainpipe-sized exhausts do the same job as a boot badge? It's got 6.3 badges on the side too.
S1K

Post by thekungfury @ Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:31 pm

About 10yrs ago I saw an M3 CSL badged as a 316i. I thought that was quite cool at the time. Not sure now though
thekungfury

Highscores: 1

Post by S1K @ Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:33 pm

I once saw a Brabus E73 done up as a German taxi in a magazine. The owner had tried and failed to have a magnetic sign made which would stick to the roof of the car at 200mph.
S1K

Post by Il Duce @ Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:33 am

thekungfury wrote:About 10yrs ago I saw an M3 CSL badged as a 316i. I thought that was quite cool at the time. Not sure now though

Now THAT is trying too hard.
Il Duce
Italian Person
Italian Person

Post by Turntable @ Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:34 am

spast1kunt wrote:Don't the four drainpipe-sized exhausts do the same job as a boot badge? It's got 6.3 badges on the side too.

This is true but the whole appearance of the rear-end without badges looks so after market to me.
Turntable

Post by Il Duce @ Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:39 am

Turntable wrote:
spast1kunt wrote:Don't the four drainpipe-sized exhausts do the same job as a boot badge? It's got 6.3 badges on the side too.

This is true but the whole appearance of the rear-end without badges looks so after market to me.

I sort of sympathise with you, having four bloody stupid exhausts myself, but as the master of taste I can assure you that it looks quite vanilla from the rear, in fact it looks very understated all over.
Il Duce
Italian Person
Italian Person

Post by Käsemeister @ Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:42 am

Back when I had my M5 it was one of my bugbears - it looked practically identical to every 530D M-Sport and they were the ones debadging. The quad pipes were relatively subtle but they really were the only giveaway apart from the wing mirrors that only Len would notice.

These days even humdrum cars have twin pipes, so there's little to set them apart.
Käsemeister

Post by Bodhi @ Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:18 pm

A small thing has happened with my AMG that makes me hate it a little bit too.

About a week ago I was travelling to the North when a message popped up on the dash telling me to put a litre of oil in next time I fill up.

WTF?
Who has to put oil in their car in the 21st century! It's a £100k* luxury saloon. YOU put the fcuking oil in you fcuk.

It made me exceptionally cross.

* No of course I didn't.
Bodhi

Post by Turntable @ Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:28 pm

Bodhi wrote:A small thing has happened with my AMG that makes me hate it a little bit too.

About a week ago I was travelling to the North when a message popped up on the dash telling me to put a litre of oil in next time I fill up.

WTF?
Who has to put oil in their car in the 21st century! It's a £100k* luxury saloon. YOU put the fcuking oil in you fcuk.

* No of course I didn't.

Ha! mine does that too. Something something giant engine something. I dealt with this by completely ignoring it until the next service.
Turntable

Post by Bodhi @ Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:29 pm

Turntable wrote:
Bodhi wrote:A small thing has happened with my AMG that makes me hate it a little bit too.

WTF?

* No of course I didn't.

Ha! mine does that too. Something something giant engine something. I dealt with this by completely ignoring it until the next service.

I dealt with it by texting a poor person to sort out.
Bodhi

Post by Deuteronomy @ Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:41 pm

Bodhi wrote:
Turntable wrote:

WTF?

* No of course I didn't.

I dealt with it by texting a poor person to sort out.

Oh you Motherfcuker!
Deuteronomy

Previous

Return to REal LIfe CAr REviews!