Volvo XC 40 Hired

Forum rules
You can only review cars you have either owned or driven.
ANY car of ANY age or price can be reviewed.
Reviews can be ANY length.
All threads must be named with the details of the car reviewed in the OP.
Label the thread with either "owned" or "driven" depending on the basis for your review.

Volvo XC 40 Hired

Post by Il Duce @ Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:26 pm

In Italy last weekend and had one of these as i'm thinking of buying/leasing one.

Looks lovely apart from this one was in black with a white roof and 18 inch wheels so it'd look just ok.
That said the white roof meant I looked like a Carabinieri so everybody moved out of the way on the autostrada.

Inside is lovely and well made and all the switches are in the right place and easy to use.- really nothing to fault.
The ride on the autostrada is perfect- no jigling just a lovely smooth ride. It's also practically silent even at 100mph. Quite astonishing. On the twisty bumpy stuff it's just as good soaking up everything AND handling like a car- no roly-poly. It didn't like broken tarmac as it made quite a noise going over it. Possibly the winter tyres were at fault here. Performance wise (2l diesel) it went very well and rarely did you think "oh ffs come on" it just surged on.

Bad points:
1. Lights- Hopeless- big dark patches in amongst the LED light and the full beam changed very little. Extremely disappointing. My big van has better halogen lights.

2. No grab handles in the back- essential on the twisty mountain stuff and unbelievable that they aren't fitted.

Verdict- I love this suv. It's perfect and does everything beautifully but, like an internet date, it turned out to be much bigger than I imagined and therefore I shall have to cross it off my list.

I am very sad about this.
Il Duce
Italian Person
Italian Person

Re: Volvo XC 40 Hired

Post by minimoog @ Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:30 pm

Il Duce wrote: It's perfect and does everything beautifully but, like an internet date, it turned out to be much bigger than I imagined and therefore I shall have to cross it off my list.

:hehe:
minimoog

Re: Volvo XC 40 Hired

Post by Deuteronomy @ Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:13 pm

Volvo are making some nice looking cars at the moment.
Deuteronomy

Return to REal LIfe CAr REviews!