General ELection 2017

Do you have difficulty sustaining your election?

Re: General ELection 2017

Post by Disastrous @ Wed May 17, 2017 3:25 pm

Deuteronomy wrote:I think I still prefer her to Sturgeon though - even though I feel the Conservatives no longer represent me.

But, if there's one thing I've realised from the horrors of Brexit, is that I'm far more (politically) Liberal than I ever thought.

Having said that, I would still far rather have the Tories back in than the farce of Corbyn and his acolytes - I'd not trust them with a pair of scissors, let alone the economy. Now more than ever, Labour's policies of tax increases for businesses and top talent seems dangerously foolish as we approach the cliff-edge of Brexit.



It is a time of great revelations all round for me.

1. I never thought I'd say this but I actually prefer Sturgeon to May. May is my absolute worst. I'd honestly rather Hitler was in power here. Germany agrees...

2. I actually would prefer to be in the same room as Corbyn to May.

3. I can't stand the thought of any one of them running the country so I'm voting Liberal.

4. I can't stress enough how much May makes my skin crawl. I'm not even talking about her politics. Just her. And her awful face/voice/personality. I don't often properly hate complete strangers but she absolutely tops my list by a country mile. Worse than actual Savile.
User avatar
Disastrous
Monkey Licker!
 
Posts: 37948
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:58 pm

Re: General ELection 2017

Post by Rod Rammage @ Wed May 17, 2017 3:33 pm

Wow you really dislike her Dis!

As a feminist I think it's terrific that she's a woman. Then again, so it Mary Hen. As a feminist I can't decide which I'd rather bone. Probably Mary Hen, cos redheads are kryptonite to me. Then again, if thoughts of Jimmy Krankie crept into my noodle whilst I was doing my foul biz I may lose impetus. Sometimes feminism is difficult isn't it. Like when the strap breaks and your doldo falls off.
User avatar
Rod Rammage
 
Posts: 25288
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:05 am

Re: General ELection 2017

Post by Deuteronomy @ Wed May 17, 2017 3:38 pm

Disastrous wrote:
Deuteronomy wrote:I think I still prefer her to Sturgeon though - even though I feel the Conservatives no longer represent me.

But, if there's one thing I've realised from the horrors of Brexit, is that I'm far more (politically) Liberal than I ever thought.

Having said that, I would still far rather have the Tories back in than the farce of Corbyn and his acolytes - I'd not trust them with a pair of scissors, let alone the economy. Now more than ever, Labour's policies of tax increases for businesses and top talent seems dangerously foolish as we approach the cliff-edge of Brexit.



It is a time of great revelations all round for me.

1. I never thought I'd say this but I actually prefer Sturgeon to May. May is my absolute worst. I'd honestly rather Hitler was in power here. Germany agrees...

2. I actually would prefer to be in the same room as Corbyn to May.

3. I can't stand the thought of any one of them running the country so I'm voting Liberal.

4. I can't stress enough how much May makes my skin crawl. I'm not even talking about her politics. Just her. And her awful face/voice/personality. I don't often properly hate complete strangers but she absolutely tops my list by a country mile. Worse than actual Savile.


I'm voting LibDem as well - they seem to be the closest to my way of thinking.

Embarrassing for May that you hate her so much after she went on about how highly she regards you.
User avatar
Deuteronomy
 
Posts: 14900
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:57 pm

Re: General ELection 2017

Post by Rod Rammage @ Wed May 17, 2017 3:47 pm

I could not vote Libdem. I can't remember the bloke's name. He looks like a bus driver.

Labour is becoming more appealing to me because I think the ensuing shitstorm would be the most interesting outcome.
User avatar
Rod Rammage
 
Posts: 25288
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:05 am

Re: General ELection 2017

Post by Damien Thorn @ Wed May 17, 2017 3:52 pm

Rod Rammage wrote:I could not vote Libdem. I can't remember the bloke's name. He looks like a bus driver.

Labour is becoming more appealing to me because I think the ensuing shitstorm would be the most interesting outcome.

I must still vote Lib Dem because they seem to be the one remaining party for rational humans, even though Tim Farron (their so-called leader) increasingly looks like one of the exhibits in the wax museum on the prom of a dwindlingly prosperous seaside town.
User avatar
Damien Thorn
Spamcop
Spamcop
 
Posts: 11422
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:24 am

Re: General ELection 2017

Post by ttwiggy @ Wed May 17, 2017 4:05 pm

I also wish that anyone (or even anything) else was in charge of the Libs. But they'll get my vote regardless.
ttwiggy
 
Posts: 1080
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:54 pm

Re: General ELection 2017

Post by Paul H @ Wed May 17, 2017 4:10 pm

Safe seat. My vote doesn't matter. They don't count the votes for the sitting labour MP, they weigh them.
User avatar
Paul H
 
Posts: 1045
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:55 pm
Location: Mainly on the surface of the planet

Re: General ELection 2017

Post by ttwiggy @ Wed May 17, 2017 4:16 pm

I imagine that the majority of us live in a safe seat of one colour or another. That doesn't mean that a 'message' can't be sent.
ttwiggy
 
Posts: 1080
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:54 pm

Re: General ELection 2017

Post by thekungfury @ Wed May 17, 2017 4:34 pm

Deuteronomy wrote:But, if there's one thing I've realised from the horrors of Brexit, is that I'm far more (politically) Liberal than I ever thought.

Same. I remain fiscally conservative but increasingly find myself to be socially liberal. I'm certain I'm not alone and it's frustrating not to have a party which represents me.

On the ballot paper there should be an option for Tory/LD coalition again please.
User avatar
thekungfury
 
Posts: 32912
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:27 pm
Highscores: 1

Re: General ELection 2017

Post by Rod Rammage @ Wed May 17, 2017 4:46 pm

Rod Rammage wrote:I could not vote Libdem. I can't remember the bloke's name. He looks like a bus driver.

Labour is becoming more appealing to me because I think the ensuing shitstorm would be the most interesting outcome.


Yeah Rod but did you see that Diane Abbott at that police thing?

What a hopeless fcukwit she is. You want her running your country?
User avatar
Rod Rammage
 
Posts: 25288
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:05 am

Re: General ELection 2017

Post by Rod Rammage @ Wed May 17, 2017 4:47 pm

Rod Rammage wrote:
Rod Rammage wrote:I could not vote Libdem. I can't remember the bloke's name. He looks like a bus driver.

Labour is becoming more appealing to me because I think the ensuing shitstorm would be the most interesting outcome.


Yeah Rod but did you see that Diane Abbott at that police thing?

What a hopeless fcukwit she is. You want her running your country?



Yeah I guess. She's Labour's Boris Johnson. Except without the charm.
User avatar
Rod Rammage
 
Posts: 25288
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:05 am

Re: General ELection 2017

Post by Dirk @ Thu May 18, 2017 10:27 am

Tokyo Sexwale wrote:
Dirk wrote:
Doctor Congo wrote:
Hooli wrote:Wouldn't that be lovely?


No it would be total shit and a one party state dominated by a bunch of cnuts with no opposition. As much as I dislike Corbyn, we need a good opposition to hold the govt to account and to ensure they don't slide further in to the backwaters inhabited by the ukip voters.

Yes and no. Where the pm is a moderate, a good majority makes it easier for them to resist the extremist elements in their party. True of tories and labour

Is May a moderate?

When you asked this I wasn't really sure either way. BBC seem to think she is judging by the piece today

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2017-39946611

Though judging from Dis her moderate policies on social care etc may already be too late to convince some that she isn't the offsprint of Attila the Hun and Peter the Great
User avatar
Dirk
 
Posts: 28657
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:03 pm
Highscores: 5

Re: General ELection 2017

Post by Disastrous @ Thu May 18, 2017 10:31 am

Dirk wrote:
Tokyo Sexwale wrote:
Dirk wrote:
Doctor Congo wrote:
Hooli wrote:Wouldn't that be lovely?


No it would be total shit and a one party state dominated by a bunch of cnuts with no opposition. As much as I dislike Corbyn, we need a good opposition to hold the govt to account and to ensure they don't slide further in to the backwaters inhabited by the ukip voters.

Yes and no. Where the pm is a moderate, a good majority makes it easier for them to resist the extremist elements in their party. True of tories and labour

Is May a moderate?

When you asked this I wasn't really sure either way. BBC seem to think she is judging by the piece today

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2017-39946611

Though judging from Dis her moderate policies on social care etc may already be too late to convince some that she isn't the offsprint of Attila the Hun and Peter the Great


Honestly, if she said "My key manifesto pledge is to give Dis personally 12 million paaaahnd" I still wouldn't vote for her. It's really not about her policies as much as it's just the revulsion she causes me to experience. I can't do anything about it. She and Farage are just fundamentally horrible people and no matter what they say, I just hear a revolting slimy noise similar to the one made by the slug that crawled out that poor wee boy's mouth in Stranger Things.
User avatar
Disastrous
Monkey Licker!
 
Posts: 37948
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:58 pm

Re: General ELection 2017

Post by Dirk @ Thu May 18, 2017 10:40 am

Its odd, I do follow politics, but I just haven't made up my mind about May yet. So I'm not saying you're wrong, I just having seen enough to cause a reaction either way

But I would choose policies over personalities.

Though Corbyn would los out on both counts
User avatar
Dirk
 
Posts: 28657
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:03 pm
Highscores: 5

Re: General ELection 2017

Post by dirtyboy @ Thu May 18, 2017 11:15 am

People and their personalities don't generally elicit strong emotions in me, certainly not in so much they cause me to purport to have actual hatred. I generally accept there are people out there I don't like and won't get on with, but they have their place in society and some people will like them. We're all different after all.

I wouldn't say I like May but I don't like Corbyn either.

I think any man who fcuked up at school, fcuked up two marriages, fcuked up a job and fell out with various employers is a recipe for a catastrophe in whatever they do....they're just so principled in their ways they cannot and will not see anything from anyone elses point of view, no compromise, that's him in a nutshell, impossible to deal with if you're not on exactly the same page as him.

I have some left and some right in my thinkings, I'll aim for the middle....that seems fair to me.
User avatar
dirtyboy
 
Posts: 6549
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:46 pm
Location: Hanging out of your mums arse

Re: General ELection 2017

Post by Deuteronomy @ Thu May 18, 2017 11:34 am

dirtyboy wrote:I think any man who fcuked up at school, fcuked up two marriages, fcuked up a job and fell out with various employers is a recipe for a catastrophe in whatever they do....they're just so principled in their ways they cannot and will not see anything from anyone elses point of view, no compromise, that's him in a nutshell, impossible to deal with if you're not on exactly the same page as him.


Nicely put DB.
User avatar
Deuteronomy
 
Posts: 14900
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:57 pm

Re: General ELection 2017

Post by Strawman @ Thu May 18, 2017 3:03 pm

Image
User avatar
Strawman
 
Posts: 37049
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:50 pm
Location: insignificant next to the power of the force

Re: General ELection 2017

Post by Käsemeister @ Thu May 18, 2017 3:35 pm

That doesn't work on so many levels.
User avatar
Käsemeister
 
Posts: 36042
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:24 pm
Location: Hanging on in quiet desperation.

Re: General ELection 2017

Post by moleamol @ Thu May 18, 2017 5:41 pm

Käsemeister wrote:That doesn't work on so many levels.

Your face doesn't work on so many levels.
User avatar
moleamol
CTF Site Moderator & Tech Support
CTF Site Moderator & Tech Support
 
Posts: 10790
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:19 pm
Location: Wigwam

Re: General ELection 2017

Post by Strawman @ Thu May 18, 2017 10:13 pm

Disastrous wrote:
Honestly, if she said "My key manifesto pledge is to give Dis personally 12 million paaaahnd" I still wouldn't vote for her. It's really not about her policies as much as it's just the revulsion she causes me to experience. I can't do anything about it. She and Farage are just fundamentally horrible people and no matter what they say, I just hear a revolting slimy noise similar to the one made by the slug that crawled out that poor wee boy's mouth in Stranger Things.


Sweet dreams
Image
User avatar
Strawman
 
Posts: 37049
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:50 pm
Location: insignificant next to the power of the force

Re: General ELection 2017

Post by Strawman @ Fri May 19, 2017 9:31 am

Image
User avatar
Strawman
 
Posts: 37049
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:50 pm
Location: insignificant next to the power of the force

Re: General ELection 2017

Post by Disastrous @ Fri May 19, 2017 9:39 am

Strawman wrote:
Disastrous wrote:
Honestly, if she said "My key manifesto pledge is to give Dis personally 12 million paaaahnd" I still wouldn't vote for her. It's really not about her policies as much as it's just the revulsion she causes me to experience. I can't do anything about it. She and Farage are just fundamentally horrible people and no matter what they say, I just hear a revolting slimy noise similar to the one made by the slug that crawled out that poor wee boy's mouth in Stranger Things.


Sweet dreams
Image



She looks like those coloured men outside car dealerships in the US.

Wait, that doesn't read well. I mean these:

Image
User avatar
Disastrous
Monkey Licker!
 
Posts: 37948
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:58 pm

Re: General ELection 2017

Post by thekungfury @ Fri May 19, 2017 9:41 am

Disastrous wrote:She looks like those coloured men outside car dealerships in the US.

Wait, that doesn't read well.

:biglaugh:
User avatar
thekungfury
 
Posts: 32912
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:27 pm
Highscores: 1

Re: General ELection 2017

Post by Dirk @ Thu May 25, 2017 11:16 am

Do you think the Manchester bombing will impact how people will vote at all?

I ask because the Wiki Poll of polls that summarises election polls has included it on their timeline of events with the polls. Normally that only includes elections, leadership changes, suff like that

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinion_polling_for_the_United_Kingdom_general_election,_2017
User avatar
Dirk
 
Posts: 28657
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:03 pm
Highscores: 5

Re: General ELection 2017

Post by Disastrous @ Thu May 25, 2017 11:27 am

Dirk wrote:Do you think the Manchester bombing will impact how people will vote at all?

I ask because the Wiki Poll of polls that summarises election polls has included it on their timeline of events with the polls. Normally that only includes elections, leadership changes, suff like that

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinion_polling_for_the_United_Kingdom_general_election,_2017



It must play right into TM's hands surely? I'm not suggesting especially that anyone is trying to make political capital out of it but when people are freshly nervous and scared of something, they're likely to fall towards the people most traditionally associated with security right? TM has form for loving a bit of Police State action and controversial stuff like the Snooper's Charter is going to seem positive in light of recent events I'd have thought.
User avatar
Disastrous
Monkey Licker!
 
Posts: 37948
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:58 pm

Re: General ELection 2017

Post by Strawman @ Thu May 25, 2017 11:30 am

Yes, the tide was turning with the end of life Carer's Tax and the realisation that Brexit will cost Billions rather than allow more money to be spent on the NHS. Now the Kipper's agenda will seem to some of the electorate more rational again.
User avatar
Strawman
 
Posts: 37049
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:50 pm
Location: insignificant next to the power of the force

Re: General ELection 2017

Post by Pigeon @ Thu May 25, 2017 11:40 am

It's that aspect that makes me really angry about it. It's an obvious attempt to influence the election, just like the attack in France was, but no fcuker seems to be able to lift their view outside of their own personal little circle of outrage and see what the real outrage is.
User avatar
Pigeon
CTF Technical Expert
CTF Technical Expert
 
Posts: 23388
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:50 pm
Location: All alone in the crazy city

Re: General ELection 2017

Post by Dirk @ Thu May 25, 2017 11:54 am

Pigeon wrote:It's that aspect that makes me really angry about it. It's an obvious attempt to influence the election, just like the attack in France was, but no fcuker seems to be able to lift their view outside of their own personal little circle of outrage and see what the real outrage is.

Obvious attempt to influence the election - by whom?
Are you suggesting the bombers tried to influence the election in favour of May?
Because I haven't seen any party trying to make political capital out of it (aside from one right wing nutjob lot)
User avatar
Dirk
 
Posts: 28657
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:03 pm
Highscores: 5

Re: General ELection 2017

Post by Pigeon @ Thu May 25, 2017 12:29 pm

Dirk wrote:Obvious attempt to influence the election - by whom?
Are you suggesting the bombers tried to influence the election in favour of May?


Yes, I am. Same as the one in France. Who by? Proximally, ISIS. The rise of fascism in the West goes right along with their agenda. At further remove, Saudi. It is in their interests to support Western political movements that favour the status quo as regards supplying them with arms and oil money.

Someone else who has been thinking along the same lines: http://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2017/05/that-critical-threat/

Torygraph, of all things, reporting suspicious apathy regarding the perpetrator:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/05 ... anchester/

Dirk wrote:Because I haven't seen any party trying to make political capital out of it (aside from one right wing nutjob lot)


Parties :rolleyes: Media. Same bunch, at root, but with a great deal more freedom to propagandise and be tasteless. I am not one jot surprised to have seen the bloody Mail doing it, and that was just one article which came to my attention despite my complete lack of engagement with that section of the media, so I am fully confident that it is only one of many, many more that have arisen from the cesspool of scum journalism that keeps flinging its shit all over the country.
User avatar
Pigeon
CTF Technical Expert
CTF Technical Expert
 
Posts: 23388
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:50 pm
Location: All alone in the crazy city

Re: General ELection 2017

Post by Dirk @ Thu May 25, 2017 12:47 pm

The Craig Murray article as more rational than I expected. I'll think about that. I wouldn't say it is obvious though. That suggests a level of strategic thought that I don't believe ISIS have now

The telegraph article is more paranoid. Craig Murray explicitly states he bleiwves the security machine would do everything to stop a bomb. They are first and foremost people. After any such atrocity there are always calls of "how did they miss that?" but the truth is that there are lots of people flagged, and they can't arrest on the information they had, and they don't have the resources to follow every person flagged

As for the media, all parts of the media use anything to further their own agenda - left and right are equally bad.
User avatar
Dirk
 
Posts: 28657
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:03 pm
Highscores: 5

PreviousNext

Return to Political Corner

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

yt
  Enable youtube titles