Some politics

Do you have difficulty sustaining your election?

Re: Some politics

Post by Doctor Congo @ Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:43 pm

Turntable wrote:
Pigeon wrote:[Corbyn's manifesto by contrast was a fcuking gift from heaven: nearly everything on it was something I'm in favour of and there were only a handful of things I didn't like. I've never seen anything like it in my voting life: a mainstream party with such an overwhelming preponderance of things I want to vote for that it's still streets ahead of anything I've ever had to vote on even after discounting it by 80% or so just on general principles. Even if it had been only 50:50 things I support:things I don't, that would still have been an enormous improvement over anyone else's manifesto I've ever seen over the years.

I know that's not the point of this thread, but for that kind of manifesto I think Corbyn is identical to people like Farage.
I find him dangerous and disingenuous. Of course everyone in the world would love to see all the things happen that Corbyn promises.
But they are as dishonest as the Brexit NHS bus, the promise of not letting 20 million people in from Turkey, the promise that they need us more than we need them.
They are impossible to deliver and even trying would wreck our economy.
No different in reality to a manifesto promising to give everyone a million pounds.

It’s genuinely depressing to me that there is literally no choice between the two main parties. They are both atrocious. Libdems are anonymous but partly I wonder if they’re just being ignored by the media as they openly oppose Brexit.
Doctor Congo

Post by Dirk @ Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:22 pm

As we were talking about this the other day:
EHCR starting an investigation into anti-semitism in Labour.

Carefully worded response from labour:

Anti-Semitism complaints received since April 2018 relate to about 0.1% of our membership, but one anti-Semite in our party is one too many.

About 0.1% not under 0.1% , so that means over 124 people have complained. So likely to be more than 1 anti-semite in the party (and I know they didn't say there was only 1)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47482048

Could be somewhat embarrassing for them if it goes further.
Dirk

Highscores: 5

Post by thekungfury @ Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:37 pm

Yesterday Corbyn appointed someone as head of antisemitism complaints. Laura Murray who is a) the daughter of one one of Corbyn’s mates and, b) being sued for libel by Rachel Riley (who turns out to be Jewish and a massive campaigners against AS)

She deleted the libellous tweet and her entire twitter history yesterday which suggests to me there will have definitely been some iffy comments she doesn’t want to come to light.
thekungfury

Highscores: 1

Post by Tokyo Sexwale @ Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:59 pm

It's a shame gorvid doesn't run twitter.
Tokyo Sexwale

Post by Pigeon @ Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:00 pm

Dirk wrote:
Anti-Semitism complaints received since April 2018 relate to about 0.1% of our membership, but one anti-Semite in our party is one too many.

About 0.1% not under 0.1% , so that means over 124 people have complained. So likely to be more than 1 anti-semite in the party (and I know they didn't say there was only 1)

s/have complained/have been complained about/

I am told that the incidence of antisemitism among the British populace as a whole is considerably more than 0.1%, so that suggests they've been doing reasonably well at excluding them.
Pigeon
CTF Technical Expert
CTF Technical Expert

Post by Strawman @ Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:33 am

Not a good quality photo, but how many of these people look under 40 to you?
Strawman

Previous

Return to Political Corner