EU - In/Out

Do you have difficulty sustaining your election?

In or Out

In
73%
Out
27%

Total votes : 56

Re: EU - In/Out

Post by thekungfury @ Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:33 pm

Turntable wrote:
Deuteronomy wrote:
thekungfury wrote:
Deuteronomy wrote:We need a proposal on the table to take to a parliamentary vote, that way MP's (assuming the deal is shit) can legitimately vote it down without creating a constitutional crisis.

You need to stop clinging onto this possibility because it will never, ever happen.

I know, but I still can't accept that this country has voted for Brexit.

It's like some satirical comedy where all the players are caricatures of themselves.

Same here. Reading today that the economy has contracted since brexit making official recession increasingly likely (inevitable), it seems unreal to me that the Government doesn't say "Right, now you know for a FACT that all the Brexit promises were lies, and that all these views from so-called experts were actually reliable, have a chance to re-vote on the truth.
Or to look at it another way: Say hypothetically that 3/4 the country no longer wanted brexit, the government didn't want brexit and the world didn't want brexit, it seems like insanity that we don't reverse it.

You're like forlorn teenagers pining over an ex that dumped you. You're not going to get her back boys. Nigel is balls deep in Shirley now, stop beating yourself up over it. We're not getting another vote. Parliament will not overturn the decision. We will exit the EU. It's embarrassing watching you crying. Get to the next stage of grief for the sake of us all.
thekungfury

Highscores: 1

Post by Strawman @ Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:39 pm

thekungfury wrote: We will exit the EU.

Doubtful at this stage, Nigel is in America advising Trump, and that going really well.
Strawman

Post by Strawman @ Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:50 pm

Strawman wrote:
whyohwhy wrote:
Strawman wrote:I am confident though, he can bluster all he wants, the Republican convention was almost empty, he has no money left, as the eye of publicity focuses on how empty his promises are he will crumble away a bit like the wizard in the wizard of OZ but without the upbeat ending.

I hope you are right, but you also have to take into account the anti Clinton vote that may come his way.

Oh and the Reed figures were 8% up on the same time last year

Didn't expect to see this so soon, but Trump's breakdown is now in full swing.
Current polling

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls ... -5491.html

Terrible shame

Strawman

Post by tanglerat @ Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:57 pm

Strawman wrote:

Is that a 3 horse race? Who's that Johnson?
tanglerat
Ruler of the Queen's Navee

Post by Pigeon @ Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:14 pm

What the fcuk happened there? Has someone finally discovered a sure cure for being an American lunatic, and dumped loads of it in the water or something?
Pigeon
CTF Technical Expert
CTF Technical Expert

Post by Käsemeister @ Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:52 am

Khaaaaaan. Apparently.
Käsemeister

Post by Strawman @ Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:42 am

Yes that, plus his plan to use Nuclear weapons as a first strike option, plus his staggering ignorance about global events.
Strawman

Post by moleamol @ Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:15 am

Strawman wrote:
Strawman wrote:
whyohwhy wrote:
Strawman wrote:I am confident though, he can bluster all he wants, the Republican convention was almost empty, he has no money left, as the eye of publicity focuses on how empty his promises are he will crumble away a bit like the wizard in the wizard of OZ but without the upbeat ending.

I hope you are right, but you also have to take into account the anti Clinton vote that may come his way.

Oh and the Reed figures were 8% up on the same time last year

Didn't expect to see this so soon, but Trump's breakdown is now in full swing.
Current polling

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls ... -5491.html

Terrible shame

Where is that from? I can't find it on your link.
moleamol
CTF Site Moderator & Tech Support
CTF Site Moderator & Tech Support

Post by Turntable @ Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:23 am

Käsemeister wrote:Khaaaaaan. Apparently.

By that do you mean his comments to the muslim whos son had died?
I am delighted if so, but also amazed that none of the other stuff he has said has had this effect
Turntable

Highscores: 7

Post by thekungfury @ Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:26 am

Käsemeister wrote:Khaaaaaan. Apparently.

When the Democrats put them up on the stand they can't have hoped in their wildest dreams it would work so well. It should have been a one news cycle thing but Trump decided to hit self destruct in that interview.
thekungfury

Highscores: 1

Post by Strawman @ Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:29 am

moleamol wrote:Where is that from? I can't find it on your link.

They are the odds of the contenders winning, from this NY Times journalist's twitter feed
https://twitter.com/paulkrugman

Although a new Foxnews poll gives HRC a 10% lead which supports those odds
Strawman

Post by Deuteronomy @ Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:43 am

thekungfury wrote:
Turntable wrote:
Deuteronomy wrote:
thekungfury wrote:
Deuteronomy wrote:We need a proposal on the table to take to a parliamentary vote, that way MP's (assuming the deal is shit) can legitimately vote it down without creating a constitutional crisis.

You need to stop clinging onto this possibility because it will never, ever happen.

I know, but I still can't accept that this country has voted for Brexit.

It's like some satirical comedy where all the players are caricatures of themselves.

Same here. Reading today that the economy has contracted since brexit making official recession increasingly likely (inevitable), it seems unreal to me that the Government doesn't say "Right, now you know for a FACT that all the Brexit promises were lies, and that all these views from so-called experts were actually reliable, have a chance to re-vote on the truth.
Or to look at it another way: Say hypothetically that 3/4 the country no longer wanted brexit, the government didn't want brexit and the world didn't want brexit, it seems like insanity that we don't reverse it.

You're like forlorn teenagers pining over an ex that dumped you. You're not going to get her back boys. Nigel is balls deep in Shirley now, stop beating yourself up over it. We're not getting another vote. Parliament will not overturn the decision. We will exit the EU. It's embarrassing watching you crying. Get to the next stage of grief for the sake of us all.

I totally agree with TT and with you Teeks, I know it's not going to happen, but I just can't shake the feeling of incredulity that we're still heading down this path.

It's like everyone's been hypnotised and slowly chanting "Brexit" whilst walking off a cliff, each person watching the one in front tumble whilst patiently waiting their turn.
Deuteronomy

Post by Disastrous @ Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:49 am

He's an astonishing figure really. I'm not so amazed that people like him exist, but I am quite stunned that there are enough horrific people in America to lend his campaign any credence.

I read things like 5ohmmustang's (if you don't know him, he's a Northerner from Preston or somewhere who has gone native and now claims to be a sort of redneck survivalist Trump-backer) posts on PH, you can scarcely believe that these are real people in a superpower.

I keep hoping that one morning the headlines will read 'America admits it was all just a massive satire' and that Chris Morris and Armando Ianucci wrote it.

Pleased to hear he's shot himself in the foot over Khan though.
Disastrous
Monkey Licker!

Post by Freddie @ Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:16 pm

tanglerat wrote:
Strawman wrote:

Is that a 3 horse race? Who's that Johnson?

Relevant:

https://media.giphy.com/media/26BRxjQXtmOyU8rcI/giphy-downsized-large.gif
Freddie
Herzogtum Preussen
Herzogtum Preussen

Post by Strawman @ Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:25 pm

Laugh at Hilary all you want, at least she isn't a deranged draft dodging sociopath

Strawman

Post by Käsemeister @ Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:53 pm

I've spent much of the last week with an American crew and they're all appalled at what's happened here... Yet double terrified of what they suspect is about to happen to them.
Käsemeister

Post by Freddie @ Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:55 pm

Not laughing at HC. Just thought I would add a little levity to this part of the thread. Trump idea of using nuclear missiles as a first response is about as deranged as it gets.
Freddie
Herzogtum Preussen
Herzogtum Preussen

Post by Käsemeister @ Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:44 am

Well well well.

Mr Smith, who has already committed to holding a second referendum if he becomes prime minister, will say he will "fight tooth and nail" to keep the UK in the EU.
Under his leadership, he says Labour would oppose the triggering of Article 50 in a future Commons vote unless certain conditions were met.

You heard it here first folks. So could that now be the tipping point for Smith / Corbyn and ultimately if Smith then holds his nerve a way of making Labour electable again...?
Käsemeister

Post by Deuteronomy @ Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:49 am

Käsemeister wrote:Well well well.

Mr Smith, who has already committed to holding a second referendum if he becomes prime minister, will say he will "fight tooth and nail" to keep the UK in the EU.
Under his leadership, he says Labour would oppose the triggering of Article 50 in a future Commons vote unless certain conditions were met.

You heard it here first folks. So could that now be the tipping point for Smith / Corbyn and ultimately if Smith then holds his nerve a way of making Labour electable again...?

Fcuk.

I might vote for them...
Deuteronomy

Post by Käsemeister @ Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:00 am

And if an educated man can change his stripes then just think what the ill educated will do.

Oh.
Käsemeister

Post by Turntable @ Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:16 am

Deuteronomy wrote:

Fcuk.

I might vote for them...

Me too!
Brexit is definitely the lesser of those 2 evils as a labour government is always temprary
Turntable

Highscores: 7

Post by Deuteronomy @ Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:25 am

Turntable wrote:
Deuteronomy wrote:

Fcuk.

I might vote for them...

Me too!
Brexit is definitely the lesser of those 2 evils as a labour government is always temprary

Yes, he does seem to hate business and making money though (just my impression of him, could be wrong)
Deuteronomy

Post by tanglerat @ Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:27 am

Deuteronomy wrote:
Turntable wrote:
Deuteronomy wrote:

Fcuk.

I might vote for them...

Me too!

Yes, he does seem to hate business and making money though (just my impression of him, could be wrong)

Who this Mr Smith? Linkies?
tanglerat
Ruler of the Queen's Navee

Post by Deuteronomy @ Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:28 am

Deuteronomy

Post by Il Duce @ Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:13 am

tanglerat wrote:
Deuteronomy wrote:
Turntable wrote:
Deuteronomy wrote:

Fcuk.

I might vote for them...

Me too!

Who this Mr Smith? Linkies?

He's the MP for Pontypridd.
That would be the Pontypridd in the Rhondda that just received millions from the EU for the renovation of their famous Lido.
And the same Pontypridd that voted with a massive majority for Brexit.

Good luck with your idea Owen.
Il Duce
Italian Person
Italian Person

Post by Doctor Congo @ Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:29 am

Hasn't he been saying this all along? Not sure it'll make any difference. He's a non entity. Sadly he won't dislodge Corbyn because the extreme left have dug their sandals in.
Doctor Congo

Post by Strawman @ Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:35 am

Doctor Congo wrote: Sadly he won't dislodge Corbyn because the extreme left have dug their sandals in.

Possibly, I don't know, the recent court case which the far left lost so new members can't vote in the election might make a difference. Corbyn is currently less popular than Michael Foot was so Labour have no chance of getting in if he remains and that might sway the less vocal labour membership.
Strawman

Post by Doctor Congo @ Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:48 am

Strawman wrote:
Doctor Congo wrote: Sadly he won't dislodge Corbyn because the extreme left have dug their sandals in.

Possibly, I don't know, the recent court case which the far left lost so new members can't vote in the election might make a difference. Corbyn is currently less popular than Michael Foot was so Labour have no chance of getting in if he remains and that might sway the less vocal labour membership.

He's unpopular with normal people not labour supporters sadly.
Doctor Congo

Post by Hooli @ Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:14 pm

Deuteronomy wrote:
Turntable wrote:
Deuteronomy wrote:

Fcuk.

I might vote for them...

Me too!

True Labour values then.
Hooli
Turtle Rubber

Post by Deuteronomy @ Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:06 pm

Labour need to end this, they're unelectable with Corbyn and if he stays a split can't be far off.

Plus, the most credible opposition to the Tories at the moment is the SNP, redic!
Deuteronomy

PreviousNext

Return to Political Corner