Roll up, roll up for the Tory PM tombola.

Do you have difficulty sustaining your election?

Who will grasp the poison chalice?

Theresa May
86%
Boris Johnson
9%
Michael Gove
No votes
Jeremy Hunt
5%

Total votes : 22

Re: Roll up, roll up for the Tory PM tombola.

Post by Deuteronomy @ Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:41 am

thekungfury wrote:I would slap rather than punch.

His face would just meld over your hand, like a really effeminate T-1000.
Deuteronomy

Post by spast1kunt @ Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:01 am

spast1kunt

Post by Hooli @ Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:58 am

Pob shouldn't even be out without a carer ffs.
Hooli
Turtle Rubber

Post by Strawman @ Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:57 pm

Down to 2 now, May or Leadsom (I possibly told some lies on my CV but can't admit it now FFS!).

ETA-
Anyone wanting to vote has to have been a member of the Conservative Party for at least three months.

Is that anyone here?
Last edited by Strawman on Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Strawman

Post by Käsemeister @ Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:33 pm

More sense than labour who opened theirs up to all and sundry.
Käsemeister

Post by Pigeon @ Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:39 am

Photographed over someone's shoulder on the tube and tweeted:

Pigeon
CTF Technical Expert
CTF Technical Expert

Post by spast1kunt @ Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:20 am

Andrea Leadsom says that she still isn't happy about the gay marriage law, which she she voted against. Theresa May's record on gay equality legislation isn't much better either, as detailed in the article linked.

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/and ... 25131.html

For all his faults David Cameron hasn't ruled as an old-school socially conservative Tory. It's one reason that the die-hard right never liked him.
spast1kunt

Post by Strawman @ Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:24 am

spast1kunt wrote:Andrea Leadsom says that she still isn't happy about the gay marriage law, which she she voted against. Theresa May's record on gay equality legislation isn't much better either

They aren't going to change the law back if/when they get the keys to #10 though are they, what with the whole economy collapsing and the Ukraine and the Middle East and refugees and global warming etc.
Strawman

Post by Käsemeister @ Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:28 am

spast1kunt wrote:For all his faults David Cameron hasn't ruled as an old-school socially conservative Tory. It's one reason that the die-hard right never liked him.

And that is the core of what's happened these last few years. Both Blair and Cameron led from the centre ground, for the sake of principles and/or to target the maximum number of votes. That left the far right and far left of their respective parties out in the cold.

After two election drubbings, the left elected a leftist leader, which has done, ahem, well for them. The right are now attempting to do the same.

As I've said before the best bet for us all would to now see the rise of a new centrist party, but sadly that's becoming fainter every day.
Käsemeister

Post by spast1kunt @ Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:29 am

Michael Gove didn't make it to the last two, but it wasn't for the lack of trying. This text was sent to Theresa May's supporters by Nick Boles, Gove's campaign manager.

spast1kunt

Post by ttwiggy @ Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:30 am

Pigeon wrote:Photographed over someone's shoulder on the tube and tweeted:

Poor Guam. Now he can't (won't) post on PH he has to scribble on paper instead.
ttwiggy

Post by Disastrous @ Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:36 am

spast1kunt wrote:Michael Gove didn't make it to the last two, but it wasn't for the lack of trying. This text was sent to Theresa May's supporters by Nick Boles, Gove's campaign manager.

Is that real?

If so, it adds to my near continual depression around the fact that the people who manage our country are about as sophisticated as teenagers.

Stuff like that is why I am not much of a conspiracy theorist. I genuinely think most people are too thick to successfully cover things up or create plots on a massive scale.

You know how in shit thriller there are always shadowy businessmen and unheard of government organisations pulling the strings? They can't exist as we'd know about them because they would do things like post "Agent Smith just checked into Shadowy dockyard meeting with drug baron" on Facebook.
Disastrous
Monkey Licker!

Post by Strawman @ Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:45 am

Disastrous wrote:If so, it adds to my near continual depression around the fact that the people who manage our country are about as sophisticated as teenagers.

Here is an article confirming this view

https://next.ft.com/content/f4dedd92-43c7-11e6-b22f-79eb4891c97d
Strawman

Post by Disastrous @ Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:11 am

Strawman wrote:
Disastrous wrote:If so, it adds to my near continual depression around the fact that the people who manage our country are about as sophisticated as teenagers.

Christ. Not surprisng at all though.

Though this:

In Britain, humour is used to cut off conversations when they threaten either to achieve emotional depth or to get boring or technical.

...is very perceptive and something I'm often guilty of I think. It's certainly very easy to 'win' an argument against someone who is better armed with the facts than you if you have a better grasp of language and wit than they do. Unfair I suppose but then, that's school for you.
Last edited by Disastrous on Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Disastrous
Monkey Licker!

Post by FurDonga @ Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:10 pm

Disastrous wrote:
Strawman wrote:

Though this:

In Britain, humour is used to cut off conversations when they threaten either to achieve emotional depth or to get boring or technical.

...is very perceptive and something I'm often guilty of I think. It's certainly very easy to 'win' an argument against someone who is better armed with the facts than you if you have a better grasp of language and wit than they do. Unfair I suppose but then, that's school for you.

You should try that on here sometime
FurDonga

Post by Disastrous @ Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:23 pm

FurDongma wrote:
Disastrous wrote:
Strawman wrote:

Though this:

I never really seem to get into arguments on here for some reason. You make little snipes occasionally, I suppose, but they're rarely funny enough to rise to.
Disastrous
Monkey Licker!

Post by Tokyo Sexwale @ Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:34 pm

Disastrous wrote:
FurDongma wrote:
Disastrous wrote:
Strawman wrote:

Though this:

I never really seem to get into arguments on here for some reason. You make little snipes occasionally, I suppose, but they're rarely funny enough to rise to.

:rofl:
Tokyo Sexwale

Post by spast1kunt @ Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:18 am

Andrea Leadsom has caused a shitstorm by appearing to say that the fact that she is a mother, unlike childless Theresa May, makes her a better candidate for PM. Her comments were made in an interview with The Times and reported under the headline Being a mother gives me edge on May - Leadsom. Following publication Andrea Leadsom took to Twitter to claim that she had been misquoted or misinterpreted, prompting The Times to release the transcript and audio recording of the interview.

Either Leadsom is so naive/thick as to not realise how the comparison of her motherhood with May's childlessness would be taken or she has deliberately set out to focus on the fact that May is a barren woman in an attempt to garner support.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36752865
spast1kunt

Post by Doctor Congo @ Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:39 am

She seems like a poisonous bullshitter. Perfect material for Tory leader.
Doctor Congo

Post by spast1kunt @ Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:42 am

Self-styled ardent Christian family man Stephen Crabb has been revealed to have been sending sexy text messages to a woman half his age.

http://metro.co.uk/2016/07/09/married-t ... n-5995880/
spast1kunt

Post by Il Duce @ Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:48 am

spast1kunt wrote:Andrea Leadsom has caused a shitstorm by appearing to say that the fact that she is a mother, unlike childless Theresa May, makes her a better candidate for PM. Her comments were made in an interview with The Times and reported under the headline Being a mother gives me edge on May - Leadsom. Following publication Andrea Leadsom took to Twitter to claim that she had been misquoted or misinterpreted, prompting The Times to release the transcript and audio recording of the interview.

Either Leadsom is so naive/thick as to not realise how the comparison of her motherhood with May's childlessness would be taken or she has deliberately set out to focus on the fact that May is a barren woman in an attempt to garner support.

Typical Journocvnt word twisting.

"so Duce, how do feel about black people"
" I don't really have any sort of opinion about them- I judge the person not the skin colour"

Headline- "Duce feels that black people aren't even worth an opinion"
Il Duce
Italian Person
Italian Person

Roll up, roll up for the Tory PM tombola.

Post by Doctor Congo @ Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:52 am

Il Duce wrote:
spast1kunt wrote:Andrea Leadsom has caused a shitstorm by appearing to say that the fact that she is a mother, unlike childless Theresa May, makes her a better candidate for PM. Her comments were made in an interview with The Times and reported under the headline Being a mother gives me edge on May - Leadsom. Following publication Andrea Leadsom took to Twitter to claim that she had been misquoted or misinterpreted, prompting The Times to release the transcript and audio recording of the interview.

" I don't really have any sort of opinion about them- I judge the person not the skin colour"

Well in your case that wouldn't be stretching the truth....;)
Last edited by Doctor Congo on Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Doctor Congo

Post by Doctor Congo @ Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:53 am

spast1kunt wrote:Self-styled ardent Christian family man Stephen Crabb has been revealed to have been sending sexy text messages to a woman half his age.

http://metro.co.uk/2016/07/09/married-t ... n-5995880/

Lol maybe his wife will cure his philandering?
Doctor Congo

Post by Il Duce @ Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:59 am

Doctor Congo wrote:
Il Duce wrote:

Eh? I don't have a problem with black people. Certain black people, yes, but because they are horrible cvnts, not because they are black. Same with some honkeys.
Il Duce
Italian Person
Italian Person

Post by Doctor Congo @ Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:04 am

Il Duce wrote:
Doctor Congo wrote:
Il Duce wrote:

Eh? I don't have a problem with black people. Certain black people, yes, but because they are horrible cvnts, not because they are black. Same with some honkeys.

It was a joke obvs!
Doctor Congo

Post by Il Duce @ Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:21 am

Doctor Congo wrote:
Il Duce wrote:
Doctor Congo wrote:
Il Duce wrote:

It was a joke obvs!

Sorry, used to being accused of being a racist.
Il Duce
Italian Person
Italian Person

Post by Doctor Congo @ Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:33 am

Il Duce wrote:
Doctor Congo wrote:
Il Duce wrote:
Doctor Congo wrote:
Il Duce wrote:

It was a joke obvs!

Don't be silly, I know what you write is schtick.
Doctor Congo

Post by Il Duce @ Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:30 pm

Doctor Congo wrote:
Il Duce wrote:
Doctor Congo wrote:
Il Duce wrote:
Doctor Congo wrote:
Il Duce wrote:

It was a joke obvs!

Don't be silly, I know what you write is schtick.

Cheers Chalky!
Il Duce
Italian Person
Italian Person

Post by Doctor Congo @ Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:35 pm

Chalky? Comparing me to Jim Davidsons character ain't good!
Doctor Congo

Post by Strawman @ Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:30 pm

I do like Theresa May's campaign strategy of doing nothing while all of her opponents set themselves on fire sequentially.

Smile
Strawman

PreviousNext

Return to Political Corner