The Chilcot Report

Do you have difficulty sustaining your election?

The Chilcot Report

Post by spast1kunt @ Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:25 pm

It's out tomorrow.

Everyone expects that Blair will be savaged. If he isn't roundly condemned and publically hanged in Trafalgar Square the whole thing will be seen as a Hutton-style whitewash. As one of those who marched in protest at the obvious bullshit we were being fed before the Iraq war I really hope that Chilcot doesn't pull his punches or dance around the point, as mandarins are sometimes wont to do.
User avatar
spast1kunt
 
Posts: 4995
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:10 pm

Re: The Chilcot Report

Post by Rod Rammage @ Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:35 pm

Indeed.
User avatar
Rod Rammage
 
Posts: 26396
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:05 am

Re: The Chilcot Report

Post by Monty @ Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:38 pm

Couldn't agree more. However...'Teflon Tony' etc...

The cnut
User avatar
Monty
 
Posts: 5936
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:28 pm
Location: Lost my shape Trying to act casual! Can't stop, I might end up in the hospital

Re: The Chilcot Report

Post by Rod Rammage @ Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:43 pm

I expect it to be "nuanced".

i.e. the cnut will get away scot free.
User avatar
Rod Rammage
 
Posts: 26396
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:05 am

Re: The Chilcot Report

Post by Otto Sump @ Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:45 pm

Rod Rammage wrote:I expect it to be "nuanced".

i.e. the cnut will get away scot free.


Exactly. He won't apologise or get taken away in chains.
User avatar
Otto Sump
 
Posts: 4025
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:19 pm
Location: In the cupboard under Eddie Mair's stairs

Re: The Chilcot Report

Post by Hooli @ Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:30 pm

I agree with all of you. He deserves the old punishment of being hung, drawn & quartered at Traitors Gate, what he'll get is away with it.
Last edited by Hooli on Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hooli
Turtle Rubber
 
Posts: 19568
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:04 pm
Location: The 1950s

Re: The Chilcot Report

Post by Il Duce @ Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:31 am

Hooli wrote:I agree with all of you. He deserves the old punishment of being hung, drawn & quartered at Traitors Gate, what he'll get is away with it.


Too quick.
They should just remove all of his personal security.
I doubt anybody would try and kill him but at least he'd live every day in fear, much like the soldiers he sent to war.
Ooh and take away most of his money so his wife can't afford make-up.
Il Duce
Italian Person
Italian Person
 
Posts: 11854
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:08 am

Re: The Chilcot Report

Post by thekungfury @ Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:48 am

A mate of mine benefited from Blair's personal security. He lived round the corner and had parked his car directly in front of Blair's house. Someone reversed into it and tried to drive away but the armed police stood outside the house stopped him.

My mate was woken on a Sunday morning by two policemen carrying guns asking "Are you Fred Fernackerpan?" and he absolutely shat himself because he was being investigated by the FSA at the time.
User avatar
thekungfury
 
Posts: 33662
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:27 pm
Highscores: 1

Re: The Chilcot Report

Post by Strawman @ Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:54 am

Image
User avatar
Strawman
 
Posts: 38280
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:50 pm
Location: insignificant next to the power of the force

Re: The Chilcot Report

Post by Monty @ Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:05 am

^^^^

images.jpg
images.jpg (9.16 KiB) Viewed 4392 times
User avatar
Monty
 
Posts: 5936
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:28 pm
Location: Lost my shape Trying to act casual! Can't stop, I might end up in the hospital

Re: The Chilcot Report

Post by Monty @ Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:09 am

Any other unemployable layabouts can watch it here:

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/liv ... y-war-iraq
User avatar
Monty
 
Posts: 5936
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:28 pm
Location: Lost my shape Trying to act casual! Can't stop, I might end up in the hospital

Re: The Chilcot Report

Post by DI Burnside @ Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:16 am

Sky's coverage is going well so far...

work.JPG
work.JPG (14.86 KiB) Viewed 4386 times


treat.JPG
treat.JPG (24.45 KiB) Viewed 4386 times
User avatar
DI Burnside
 
Posts: 16817
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:44 pm
Location: Beds
Highscores: 7

Re: The Chilcot Report

Post by Strawman @ Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:50 am

Monty wrote:^^^^
Dreamer


Hmm, early comments seem to be Blair is getting a savage kicking.
User avatar
Strawman
 
Posts: 38280
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:50 pm
Location: insignificant next to the power of the force

Re: The Chilcot Report

Post by Il Duce @ Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:51 am

Strawman wrote:
Monty wrote:^^^^
Dreamer


Hmm, early comments seem to be Blair is getting a savage kicking.



"the dogs bark but the caravan moves on"
Il Duce
Italian Person
Italian Person
 
Posts: 11854
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:08 am

Re: The Chilcot Report

Post by Monty @ Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:55 am

Strawman wrote:
Monty wrote:^^^^
Dreamer


Hmm, early comments seem to be Blair is getting a savage kicking.


Oh. Oh...I do really hope so :D
User avatar
Monty
 
Posts: 5936
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:28 pm
Location: Lost my shape Trying to act casual! Can't stop, I might end up in the hospital

Re: The Chilcot Report

Post by Hooli @ Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:14 pm

Strawman wrote:Image


Laugh.
Hooli
Turtle Rubber
 
Posts: 19568
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:04 pm
Location: The 1950s

Re: The Chilcot Report

Post by spast1kunt @ Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:06 pm

Listening to Blair earlier reminded me what a good speaker he is. Miles ahead of any of the current crop of British politicians. It was all smoke and mirrors bullshit of course but he certainly does it well.

"I take full responsibility" he says, as if we should be thanking him for doing so. Well of course you take full responsibility, it was you who made the decisions. Who else would take full responsibility? Barry Chuckle?
User avatar
spast1kunt
 
Posts: 4995
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:10 pm

Re: The Chilcot Report

Post by Otto Sump @ Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:46 am

Without having to wade through it all, can someone give me Chilcot's verdict in a nutshell?

Is it the foregone conclusion we were expecting?
User avatar
Otto Sump
 
Posts: 4025
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:19 pm
Location: In the cupboard under Eddie Mair's stairs

Re: The Chilcot Report

Post by tanglerat @ Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:25 am

Otto Sump wrote:Without having to wade through it all, can someone give me Chilcot's verdict in a nutshell?

Is it the foregone conclusion we were expecting?


Verdict: cnut
User avatar
tanglerat
Ruler of the Queen's Navee
 
Posts: 6966
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:49 pm

Re: The Chilcot Report

Post by Strawman @ Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:04 pm

Otto Sump wrote:Without having to wade through it all, can someone give me Chilcot's verdict in a nutshell?

Is it the foregone conclusion we were expecting?


You mean your not going to read all 2 million 5 hundred thousand words of it?
>summary<
People were expecting a whitewash but it leaves Blair open to criminal prosecution. Blair spent a lot more time trying to find out if declaring war (in Iraq) was legal than he did bothering to find out if the WMD evidence was true or not. He went to war allied to the USA against the advice of the Attorney General who recommended going to the UN again first. Also they didn't bother to see the British troops were adequately equipped, also there was no plan for what happened if they won (sort of like the recent referendum).

That's what I understand anyway.
User avatar
Strawman
 
Posts: 38280
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:50 pm
Location: insignificant next to the power of the force

Re: The Chilcot Report

Post by Käsemeister @ Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:11 pm

tanglerat wrote:
Otto Sump wrote:Without having to wade through it all, can someone give me Chilcot's verdict in a nutshell?

Is it the foregone conclusion we were expecting?


Verdict: cnut


Verdict: willing cognitive dissonance.
User avatar
Käsemeister
 
Posts: 36456
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:24 pm
Location: Hanging on in quiet desperation.

Re: The Chilcot Report

Post by tanglerat @ Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:13 pm

Käsemeister wrote:
tanglerat wrote:
Otto Sump wrote:Without having to wade through it all, can someone give me Chilcot's verdict in a nutshell?

Is it the foregone conclusion we were expecting?


Verdict: cnut


Verdict: willing cognitive dissonance.


Damn you, now I have to go google that.
User avatar
tanglerat
Ruler of the Queen's Navee
 
Posts: 6966
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:49 pm

Re: The Chilcot Report

Post by Käsemeister @ Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:30 pm

They cherry picked the facts to suit their argument rather than double checking the facts or looking for alternative angles.
User avatar
Käsemeister
 
Posts: 36456
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:24 pm
Location: Hanging on in quiet desperation.

Re: The Chilcot Report

Post by tanglerat @ Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:31 pm

Käsemeister wrote:They cherry picked the facts to suit their argument rather than double checking the facts or looking for alternative angles.


Ah, right.

Right right right.

So, cnuts then?
User avatar
tanglerat
Ruler of the Queen's Navee
 
Posts: 6966
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:49 pm

Re: The Chilcot Report

Post by Otto Sump @ Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:42 pm

tanglerat wrote:
Käsemeister wrote:They cherry picked the facts to suit their argument rather than double checking the facts or looking for alternative angles.


Ah, right.

Right right right.

So, cnuts then?


Like I said, foregone conclusion.
User avatar
Otto Sump
 
Posts: 4025
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:19 pm
Location: In the cupboard under Eddie Mair's stairs

Re: The Chilcot Report

Post by Pigeon @ Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:41 pm

They should get us to summarise these things in the cause of widening political engagement an' that.

Chilcot: (two million five hundred thousand words)
Everyone: fcuk's all this?
CTF: cnut
Everyone: ta. (burns Tony Blair)
User avatar
Pigeon
CTF Technical Expert
CTF Technical Expert
 
Posts: 23624
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:50 pm
Location: All alone in the crazy city

Re: The Chilcot Report

Post by Strawman @ Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:43 pm

Pigeon wrote:Everyone: ta. (burns Tony Blair)


Laugh
User avatar
Strawman
 
Posts: 38280
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:50 pm
Location: insignificant next to the power of the force

Re: The Chilcot Report

Post by Hooli @ Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:09 pm

Pigeon wrote:They should get us to summarise these things in the cause of widening political engagement an' that.

Chilcot: (two million five hundred thousand words)
Everyone: fcuk's all this?
CTF: cnut
Everyone: ta. (burns Tony Blair)


Laugh.
Hooli
Turtle Rubber
 
Posts: 19568
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:04 pm
Location: The 1950s

Re: The Chilcot Report

Post by Otto Sump @ Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:20 am

Image

Image
User avatar
Otto Sump
 
Posts: 4025
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:19 pm
Location: In the cupboard under Eddie Mair's stairs

Re: The Chilcot Report

Post by Käsemeister @ Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:10 am

Otto Sump wrote:Image

Image


Someone is trying desperately hard to do a funny. And didn't.
User avatar
Käsemeister
 
Posts: 36456
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:24 pm
Location: Hanging on in quiet desperation.


Return to Political Corner

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

yt
  Enable youtube titles
cron