Trump US elections etc.

Do you have difficulty sustaining your election?

Trump US elections etc.

Post by thekungfury @ Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:57 pm

There is stuff about Trump in other threads but with the elections round the corner let's do it here, OK?

I love Trump's speeches. He's so unpolished and thick it's incredible to watch. He has no idea that he has no idea so he just prattles on and says whatever is in his silly head at any time. The best thing about his speeches is seeing them written down.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg (116.82 KiB) Viewed 1409 times
User avatar
thekungfury
 
Posts: 32292
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:27 pm
Highscores: 1

Re: Trump US elections etc.

Post by spast1kunt @ Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:22 pm

Trump is a cnut and the fact that he's anywhere near Hillary Clinton in the polls is a slur on the whole of the US.

When you marvel at his stream of semi-consciousness speeches bear in mind that this is the new and improved Trump Mk2, supposedly polished up a bit by a new campaign team. His self-aggrandisement, outright lying and macho non-sequiturs are apparently meat and drink to quite a large slice of the populous though, who lap it up without seeming to analyse any of what he's actually saying at all.
User avatar
spast1kunt
 
Posts: 3475
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:10 pm

Re: Trump US elections etc.

Post by Strawman @ Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:28 pm

thekungfury wrote:There is stuff about Trump in other threads but with the elections round the corner let's do it here, OK?


Or three months away, the whole year long circus around the US presidential elections is part of the problem. 24 hour news networks are desperate for content to fill their broadcasts so a hatemonger like Trump gets a free pass because he brings reality tv fans to the viewing figures.
User avatar
Strawman
 
Posts: 36345
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:50 pm
Location: insignificant next to the power of the force

Re: Trump US elections etc.

Post by Strawman @ Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:31 pm

spast1kunt wrote:who lap it up without seeming to analyse any of what he's actually saying at all.


Also the massive bias that is necessary to make it look like a close contest best summarised by this I saw
"Q to Hillary- How would you bring peace to the Middle East, in fifty words
Q to Trump- Can you point at your left foot"
User avatar
Strawman
 
Posts: 36345
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:50 pm
Location: insignificant next to the power of the force

Re: Trump US elections etc.

Post by Barbarianna @ Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:35 pm

There's a strange acceptability effect going on with Trump, that must also have happened when other demagogues came to power. An article I read yesterday (will find it and link up later, though there are loads of its kind) described how despite his gaffs and bluntness, he got that journalist's vote because he spoke the honest truth or some gubbins. The weird thing was it did have a vague moment when I saw him as an appealing candidate: something about how when stupidity or horror becomes a daily presence, the mind tries to find ways to accommodate it.

I quickly panicked and found an anti-Trump article somewhere else to dispel the, er, spell.
Barbarianna
 
Posts: 4031
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:50 pm

Re: Trump US elections etc.

Post by Strawman @ Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:44 pm

Sort of weird that the week after the election Trump is due in court on fraud charges over Trump university, another of his failed businesses which has closed, experts predict he will be convicted. Also the first presidential candidate in the last 50 plus years to not release his tax returns. Also Trump can't get a loan from any US bank because of the number of bankruptcies and dodgy business deals he has been part of over the last however many years, amazing that someone could be president but ineligible for a bank loan.
User avatar
Strawman
 
Posts: 36345
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:50 pm
Location: insignificant next to the power of the force

Re: Trump US elections etc.

Post by MK4Slowride @ Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:46 pm

No poll on who we think will win. Note that's not who we want to win either.

I don't want either of them to win but that's not going to happen as we know one will in due course. I think Trump will win, because America.
User avatar
MK4Slowride
 
Posts: 4051
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:41 pm
Location: Tallatron

Re: Trump US elections etc.

Post by Strawman @ Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:53 pm

MK4Slowride wrote: I think Trump will win, because America.


You could get good odds on that happening because it won't. The two main papers in Texas, that most republican of states, are backing Hillary, the first time they have ever backed a democratic candidate.
User avatar
Strawman
 
Posts: 36345
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:50 pm
Location: insignificant next to the power of the force

Re: Trump US elections etc.

Post by Dirk @ Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:15 pm

spast1kunt wrote:Trump is a cnut and the fact that he's anywhere near Hillary Clinton in the polls is a slur on the whole of the US..

He is undoubtedly a cnut. But given that Clinton is allegedly a corrupt selfish shithead with the morals of dysentery on an ego trip, it is surprising that the Republicans managed to find a candidate who is actually more repugnant to be trailing her at all, let alone by any margin.

That said, Clinton is still preferable to Trump
User avatar
Dirk
 
Posts: 28130
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:03 pm
Highscores: 5

Re: Trump US elections etc.

Post by Strawman @ Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:29 pm

Dirk wrote:
spast1kunt wrote:Trump is a cnut and the fact that he's anywhere near Hillary Clinton in the polls is a slur on the whole of the US..

He is undoubtedly a cnut. But given that Clinton is allegedly a corrupt selfish shithead with the morals of dysentery on an ego trip,

What has she done that upsets you so much? Her main crime according to the right wing media seems to be running a charitable foundation that helps people with Aids.


Dirk wrote: it is surprising that the Republicans managed to find a candidate who is actually more repugnant to be trailing her at all, let alone by any margin.

That said, Clinton is still preferable to Trump


Some American political commentators are saying it signals the end of the GOP, in the same way that the Whig party collapsed then disappeared. The way the Tea Party have hijacked the GOP has parallels with the way the Euro sceptics hijacked the Conservative party, with the help of UKIP.
User avatar
Strawman
 
Posts: 36345
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:50 pm
Location: insignificant next to the power of the force

Re: Trump US elections etc.

Post by Pigeon @ Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:58 pm

Barbarianna wrote:he got that journalist's vote because he spoke the honest truth or some gubbins.


But he doesn't though. He speaks incomprehensible word salad that looks like the text of one of those spam emails made up by a random text generator, interspersed with complete bullshit. I'm more inclined to put it down to whatever it is they put in the water in America that dissolves people's brains.
User avatar
Pigeon
CTF Technical Expert
CTF Technical Expert
 
Posts: 23207
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:50 pm
Location: All alone in the crazy city

Re: Trump US elections etc.

Post by MK4Slowride @ Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:05 pm

Strawman wrote:
MK4Slowride wrote: I think Trump will win, because America.


You could get good odds on that happening because it won't. The two main papers in Texas, that most republican of states, are backing Hillary, the first time they have ever backed a democratic candidate.



Maybe so but how accurate are American polls? We all know how the UK polls worked out during the referendum.
User avatar
MK4Slowride
 
Posts: 4051
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:41 pm
Location: Tallatron

Re: Trump US elections etc.

Post by Strawman @ Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:14 pm

MK4Slowride wrote:Maybe so but how accurate are American polls? We all know how the UK polls worked out during the referendum.


The Brexit polls were actually reasonably accurate (within the 2% margin of error), many showed a tie in the last few days.
User avatar
Strawman
 
Posts: 36345
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:50 pm
Location: insignificant next to the power of the force

Re: Trump US elections etc.

Post by Greg66 @ Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:29 pm

This is the site to look at: http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/?ex_cid=rrpromo

That graphic was showing something like 89/11 a couple of weeks ago. That's not an 89/11 lead in the polls. It is an assessment that based on the polls Trump had an 11% chance of winning and HRC had an 89% chance of winning. Now it's 69/31.

Now admittedly Trump's nadir was when he decided to pick a fight with the parents of a deceased vet and a baby in the same week. One might say that since then he's been trending back to some sort of normality, but what I don't get is this: once people see him for the buffoon that he is, how is it remotely possible for him to recover? Now that's what he's done, never mind my incredulity, but how? Do US voters have incredibly short memories? Or do they just not care?
User avatar
Greg66
 
Posts: 1801
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:03 pm


Return to Political Corner

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

yt
  Enable youtube titles