Dear 2014

Do you have difficulty sustaining your election?

Dear 2014

Post by Greg66 @ Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:12 am

Can you come back please? We think we seriously underestimated how good you were. If you do come back, we promise that you can be re-run every year for ever.

Yours

Greg66

Re: Dear 2014

Post by Turntable @ Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:26 am

Smile.
Exactly how I feel. I am just meandering around in a state of WTF
Turntable

Highscores: 7

Post by Deuteronomy @ Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:33 am

I really feel sorry for Nick Clegg, I think he's been dealt a really poor hand in the aftermath of (what I think was a very successful coalition) and now losing his seat.
Deuteronomy

Post by Greg66 @ Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:39 am

Deuteronomy wrote:I really feel sorry for Nick Clegg, I think he's been dealt a really poor hand in the aftermath of (what I think was a very successful coalition) and now losing his seat.

I think history will treat him very well. Not that that is any consolation for him.
Greg66

Post by Damien Thorn @ Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:40 am

Greg66 wrote:
Deuteronomy wrote:I really feel sorry for Nick Clegg, I think he's been dealt a really poor hand in the aftermath of (what I think was a very successful coalition) and now losing his seat.

I think history will treat him very well. Not that that is any consolation for him.

Agree and agree. The right man in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Damien Thorn
Spamcop
Spamcop

Post by Disastrous @ Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:50 am

Damien Thorn wrote:
Greg66 wrote:

Also agree.

David Cameron also looking like a pretty good PM (right up until lobbing a grenade into his own garden) with hindsight.
Disastrous
Monkey Licker!

Post by Greg66 @ Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:54 am

Disastrous wrote:
Damien Thorn wrote:
Greg66 wrote:

Also agree.

David Cameron also looking like a pretty good PM (right up until lobbing a grenade into his own garden) with hindsight.

Have to say I thought that at the time. Look at the other contenders then and since: Brown, Miliband, BoJo, Gove, that loony Tory woman Andrea something, May, Corbyn. FFS.
Greg66

Post by Disastrous @ Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:00 am

Greg66 wrote:
Disastrous wrote:
Damien Thorn wrote:
Greg66 wrote:

Also agree.

Have to say I thought that at the time. Look at the other contenders then and since: Brown, Miliband, BoJo, Gove, that loony Tory woman Andrea something, May, Corbyn. FFS.

Yeah, I thought so too. I thought he did quite a good job of keeping one foot in Europe whilst stalling their more federalist designs in a way that kept mostly everyone quite happy. I honestly don't even remember Europe being such a massive issue until Farage rocked up and started yelling about it. Is that correct or is my perception or memory wrong?
Disastrous
Monkey Licker!

Post by Monty @ Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:01 am

Greg66 wrote:

Agreed. I saw him lose his seat 'live' at whatevertime. He really looked upset about it, but gave a very level headed & sensible speech.
Last edited by Monty on Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Monty

Location: Lost my shape Trying to act casual! Can't stop, I might end up in the hospital

Post by Greg66 @ Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:02 am

Disastrous wrote:
Greg66 wrote:
Disastrous wrote:
Damien Thorn wrote:
Greg66 wrote:

Also agree.

Yeah, I thought so too. I thought he did quite a good job of keeping one foot in Europe whilst stalling their more federalist designs in a way that kept mostly everyone quite happy. I honestly don't even remember Europe being such a massive issue until Farage rocked up and started yelling about it. Is that correct or is my perception or memory wrong?

Nope. I blame Farage completely for this.

I *so* wish I had known who he was at school, known the future, and pushed him down a long starircase breaking his neck to change it all for the better.
Greg66

Post by CJ+ @ Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:12 am

Thank you for your frank admission of guilt, Gregg.

It's your failure that has brought us to this point.
CJ+

Highscores: 1

Post by ttwiggy @ Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:21 am

Greg66 wrote:
Disastrous wrote:
Greg66 wrote:
Disastrous wrote:
Damien Thorn wrote:
Greg66 wrote:

Also agree.

Nope. I blame Farage completely for this.

I *so* wish I had known who he was at school, known the future, and pushed him down a long starircase breaking his neck to change it all for the better.

I think the media are also guilty of stirring up the anti-EU feeling - and not just the Murdoch empire, I'm also levelly the charge at the 'clearly-left-leaning-nulabia-windymills BBC', who had the frog-faced cnut on Question Time about 25 times a week, despite his party having just one MP.
ttwiggy

Post by Greg66 @ Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:20 am

CJ+ wrote:Thank you for your frank admission of guilt, Gregg.

Wait. What?

No, it's not one me!

IT'S NOT MY FAULT THAT I'M NOT A MURDERING SEER!
Greg66

Post by Dirk @ Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:22 pm

Greg66 wrote:

Wait. What?

No, it's not one me!

Well its hardly anyone else's fault that you aren't now, is it?
Eh?
Dirk

Highscores: 5

Post by Greg66 @ Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:32 pm

Dirk wrote:
Greg66 wrote:

Wait. What?

No, it's not one me!

Well its hardly anyone else's fault that you aren't now, is it?
Eh?

THIS IS SO UNFAIR!!!
Greg66

Post by span @ Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:36 pm

Damien Thorn wrote:
Greg66 wrote:

Exactly that. Sad how that can happen.

Someone tweeted at stupid o'clock in the morning that he and Miriam could have been our Obamas and I felt quite tearful, what with the time and how you can get a bit emotional when it's nighttime.

Is it REALLY such a big coincidence that people you can almost fancy a bit tend to be generally better? Obama and Macron and the Canadian one and Clegg are all a bit fanciable (once you throw in the positions of power) and they're all good, decent guys. Then you get horrors like Trump and May and Putin who are obviously still smarting from their early rejections and, well... >gestures broadly<
span

Post by S1K @ Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:38 pm

That's some solid political analysis right there Span.

When are you taking over from old Brillo Pad on Daily Politics and This Week?
S1K

Post by Disastrous @ Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:45 pm

span wrote:
Damien Thorn wrote:
Greg66 wrote:

Exactly that. Sad how that can happen.

Someone tweeted at stupid o'clock in the morning that he and Miriam could have been our Obamas and I felt quite tearful, what with the time and how you can get a bit emotional when it's nighttime.

Is it REALLY such a big coincidence that people you can almost fancy a bit tend to be generally better? Obama and Macron and the Canadian one and Clegg are all a bit fanciable (once you throw in the positions of power) and they're all good, decent guys. Then you get horrors like Trump and May and Putin who are obviously still smarting from their early rejections and, well... >gestures broadly<

It stands to reason span. Think about it - beautiful people like us only see the best of the world. People are naturally kind and receptive to our incredible faces. May and Trump have been twisted and contorted by years of ugliness like rotten old trees, and have become a mirror for how the world sees them. All their lives will have been spent with children cowering from them, and shivering when they walk past so it turns them evil and wicked inside.
Disastrous
Monkey Licker!

Post by Greg66 @ Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:48 pm

Disastrous wrote:
It stands to reason span. Think about it - beautiful people like us only see the best of the world.

I hear you, brother.

Can't see you though. Not a bit of you.
Greg66

Post by thekungfury @ Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:33 pm

span wrote:Is it REALLY such a big coincidence that people you can almost fancy a bit tend to be generally better? Obama and Macron and the Canadian one and Clegg are all a bit fanciable (once you throw in the positions of power) and they're all good, decent guys. Then you get horrors like Trump and May and Putin who are obviously still smarting from their early rejections and, well... >gestures broadly<

Definitely

I have no idea of Trudeau's politics, he could be a racist homophobe for all I know, but when I see him I think "phwoar I'd put a tick in his box"
thekungfury

Highscores: 1

Post by Clown Ice Skater #4 @ Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:09 pm

Agree. Trudeau can cover my pre-existing condition any time.
Clown Ice Skater #4

Post by Doctor Congo @ Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:48 pm

Clown Ice Skater #4 wrote:Agree. Trudeau can cover my pre-existing condition any time.

Lol

In many ways he's a guy you'd want to hate given how handsome and intelligent he is but he seems to be such a nice guy too.
Doctor Congo

Post by Käsemeister @ Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:04 pm

That just makes me hate him more.
Käsemeister

Return to Political Corner