Conservative leadership

Do you have difficulty sustaining your election?

Conservative leadership

Post by Doctor Congo @ Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:24 pm

Is there a thread about this yet? Surely there should be...literally a collection of scum and villainy. They’ve been making their pledges today and the promises they won’t keep to the electorate. It appears the front runners are Boris and Hunt. Depressing.
User avatar
Doctor Congo
 
Posts: 6723
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:39 pm

Re: Conservative leadership

Post by Careless Whisperer @ Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:02 pm

Unelectable cnuts, the lot of 'em.
User avatar
Careless Whisperer
 
Posts: 15520
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:07 pm
Location: The Real World
Highscores: 5

Re: Conservative leadership

Post by S1K @ Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:03 pm

Boris’s main announcements seem to be not paying the EU the money we owe them and giving a tax cut to the rich.

Could he be more of a pantomime Tory villain if he tried?
User avatar
S1K
 
Posts: 6978
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:10 pm

Re: Conservative leadership

Post by Doctor Congo @ Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:15 pm

S1K wrote:Boris’s main announcements seem to be not paying the EU the money we owe them and giving a tax cut to the rich.

Could he be more of a pantomime Tory villain if he tried?


Extraordinary isn’t it? Hunt wants to lower corp tax, says he’s anti abortion after 12 weeks and is pledging to get more under 35 voters. Apparently he has deals in his DNA and ‘outnegotiated’ the most ‘difficult’ union ie the BMA, that hadn’t taken industrial action in 40 years. By outnegotiated I guess he means imposed by law a contract that was unworkable and unfair.
User avatar
Doctor Congo
 
Posts: 6723
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:39 pm

Re: Conservative leadership

Post by Dirk @ Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:26 pm

What about Matt Hancock ( I think the only one who voted remain). What don't I know about him (and I realise he hasn't a hope in hell)
User avatar
Dirk
 
Posts: 31043
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:03 pm
Highscores: 5

Re: Conservative leadership

Post by Doctor Congo @ Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:37 pm

Dirk wrote:What about Matt Hancock ( I think the only one who voted remain). What don't I know about him (and I realise he hasn't a hope in hell)


He’s a hopeless bullshitter who stutters his way through interviews as he’s got fcuk all idea about his subject.
User avatar
Doctor Congo
 
Posts: 6723
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:39 pm

Re: Conservative leadership

Post by dirtyboy @ Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:25 am

The only one I had any interest in was James Cleverley and he didn't get enough support from colleagues so pulled out.

Always had a balanced view, nothing too outrageous in his past apart from the fact he called Simon Hughes a dick, which I'm okay with.

Even so, it's not really a great crop of people to choose from is it?
User avatar
dirtyboy
 
Posts: 6689
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:46 pm
Location: Hanging out of your mums arse

Re: Conservative leadership

Post by thekungfury @ Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:55 am

Hate them all. Hate Corbyn. Hate it all.

The only positive is my bet from December for Boris to be the next PM is still running. I got 7/1 and the bookies now have him as heavy favourite. Country will be a laughing stock but I’ll have £80, fcukers!
User avatar
thekungfury
 
Posts: 36089
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:27 pm
Highscores: 1

Re: Conservative leadership

Post by Ghost @ Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:58 am

Just different shades of useless, the lot of them.
User avatar
Ghost
 
Posts: 1318
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:07 pm
Location: The Ginstitute of Tonicshire

Re: Conservative leadership

Post by ttwiggy @ Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:11 am

They all seem to be of the 'just get us out!' school (presumably to cut off the ((non)) threat of Farage ((Again))) where the EU is concerned too. Which just seems to run counter to the traditional Tory 'steady economy, backed by big business' mantra.

While I've voted Tory more often than not in past elections, I really hope this is the end of them.
ttwiggy
 
Posts: 1951
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:54 pm

Re: Conservative leadership

Post by Greg66 @ Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:59 am

The Tory Leadership contest allied to the game of who to vote for at the next GE is turning into one of Rod's more diabolical "Would you rather...?" questions.
User avatar
Greg66
 
Posts: 3392
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:03 pm

Re: Conservative leadership

Post by Deuteronomy @ Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:03 pm

Honestly, I'm just despairing at the current list of total cnuts.

Anyone but Corbyn and I'd vote Labour as you just couldn't make it up - proven liars, misogynists and racists, yet they're on the list to be the next PM??

WHAT THE ACTUAL FCUK IS GOING ON???
User avatar
Deuteronomy
 
Posts: 17335
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:57 pm

Re: Conservative leadership

Post by tanglerat @ Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:26 pm

As ye sow so shall ye reap. Too bad the UK rejected a PR voting system in that referendum. So it's all your own faults now.

As an outsider, it's utterly fascinating looking in on this slow-motion motorway pileup of epic, gargantuan proportions that's going on in UK politics.
But as an Irish UK taxpayer, I'm extremely cross and fcuked off at the whole shower of shits and their omnishambles shenanigans going on over there in GB.
User avatar
tanglerat
Ruler of the Queen's Navee
 
Posts: 7535
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:49 pm

Re: Conservative leadership

Post by Doctor Congo @ Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:52 pm

Greg66 wrote:The Tory Leadership contest allied to the game of who to vote for at the next GE is turning into one of Rod's more diabolical "Would you rather...?" questions.


It does represent perhaps the nadir of politics in this country, looking at the state we're in and what the options are. Labour have shot their own bollocks off with Corbyn's stranglehold on Labour and the current crop of, let's face it, fcuking cnuts, lining up to be next Tory leader. I'm voting Lib Dem from now on. Seem to be the only sensible party, let's hope they can be less anonymous in future. In a way it's good, the next Tory leader will lead the country into disaster, one way or another, which means the end of the Tories. With any luck the more sensible ones might jump ship to the Lib Dems. It might rebalance politics.

This is the first time in my life where I've felt genuinely that I might leave the country, if certain things happen (like Farage as pm and a disastrous, inevitable Brexit). I might go and join NNK in NZ, I think.
User avatar
Doctor Congo
 
Posts: 6723
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:39 pm

Re: Conservative leadership

Post by ttwiggy @ Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:13 pm

Doctor Congo wrote: I might go and join NNK in NZ, I think.


I know things look shit Doc, but are you sure you want to Break Bad?
ttwiggy
 
Posts: 1951
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:54 pm

Re: Conservative leadership

Post by ypauly @ Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:35 pm

All good people, I would like Rory to win but I think Hunt will



Boris could be our Trump, If I was picking on entertainment value he would win.
User avatar
ypauly
 
Posts: 561
Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 11:20 pm

Re: Conservative leadership

Post by mervynp @ Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:52 am

ypauly wrote:All good people, I would like Rory to win but I think Hunt will



Boris could be our Trump, If I was picking on entertainment value he would win.


trust me, the entertainment value would wear very thin very quickly.

this lot really are a shower of bastards and no mistake
mervynp
 
Posts: 392
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:11 pm
Location: SF Bay Area

Re: Conservative leadership

Post by ypauly @ Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:33 am

mervynp wrote:
ypauly wrote:All good people, I would like Rory to win but I think Hunt will



Boris could be our Trump, If I was picking on entertainment value he would win.


trust me, the entertainment value would wear very thin very quickly.

this lot really are a shower of bastards and no mistake

No they are not, they are good people
User avatar
ypauly
 
Posts: 561
Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 11:20 pm

Re: Conservative leadership

Post by Disastrous @ Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:24 am

What do you mean Pauly?
User avatar
Disastrous
Monkey Licker!
 
Posts: 39456
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:58 pm

Re: Conservative leadership

Post by Doctor Congo @ Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:46 am

ypauly wrote:
mervynp wrote:
ypauly wrote:All good people, I would like Rory to win but I think Hunt will



Boris could be our Trump, If I was picking on entertainment value he would win.


trust me, the entertainment value would wear very thin very quickly.

this lot really are a shower of bastards and no mistake

No they are not, they are good people


Surely sarcasm? I’ve not seen such a bunch of cnuts since I did my gynaecology firm as a medical student.
User avatar
Doctor Congo
 
Posts: 6723
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:39 pm

Re: Conservative leadership

Post by span @ Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:49 am

Doctor Congo wrote:
ypauly wrote:
mervynp wrote:
ypauly wrote:All good people, I would like Rory to win but I think Hunt will



Boris could be our Trump, If I was picking on entertainment value he would win.


trust me, the entertainment value would wear very thin very quickly.

this lot really are a shower of bastards and no mistake

No they are not, they are good people


Surely sarcasm? I’ve not seen such a bunch of cnuts since I did my gynaecology firm as a medical student.

Laughgasp! I certainly hope you didn't refer to them in those terms at the time!
User avatar
span
 
Posts: 7329
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:14 pm

Re: Conservative leadership

Post by Dirk @ Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:01 am

span wrote:
Doctor Congo wrote:
ypauly wrote:
mervynp wrote:
ypauly wrote:All good people, I would like Rory to win but I think Hunt will



Boris could be our Trump, If I was picking on entertainment value he would win.


trust me, the entertainment value would wear very thin very quickly.

this lot really are a shower of bastards and no mistake

No they are not, they are good people


Surely sarcasm? I’ve not seen such a bunch of cnuts since I did my gynaecology firm as a medical student.

Laughgasp! I certainly hope you didn't refer to them in those terms at the time!

I would hope not too. Everyone knows that bunch is not the correct collective noun for that type of cnut.
A rift valley of cnuts would be acceptable
a cave system of cnuts is viable
Trypophobic's nightmare of cnuts is possible

I'm sure others can think of better

But never bunch
User avatar
Dirk
 
Posts: 31043
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:03 pm
Highscores: 5

Re: Conservative leadership

Post by Tokyo Sexwale @ Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:18 am

Jesus.
User avatar
Tokyo Sexwale
 
Posts: 49803
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:14 pm

Re: Conservative leadership

Post by thekungfury @ Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:05 pm

gma'd to the max
User avatar
thekungfury
 
Posts: 36089
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:27 pm
Highscores: 1

Re: Conservative leadership

Post by CJ+ @ Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:53 pm

Aaaaaaaaaanyway.

It's clear that Stewart is by far the least cnuty of the cnuts on offer.

So he won't win.
User avatar
CJ+
 
Posts: 16654
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:39 pm
Location: Lave Orbital Station
Highscores: 1

Re: Conservative leadership

Post by thekungfury @ Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:42 am

I don’t speak German. Can anyone translate this headline?

Image
User avatar
thekungfury
 
Posts: 36089
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:27 pm
Highscores: 1

Re: Conservative leadership

Post by Greg66 @ Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:21 pm

It's become increasingly clear that Tory MPs of many different Brexit shades are rallying around BoJo. The only reason I can see for this is nothing to do with Brexit. It is because they think he is the best chance they have of beating Corbyn in a GE. Which may be right. It doesn't make BoJo any less of a total buffoon though.
User avatar
Greg66
 
Posts: 3392
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:03 pm

Re: Conservative leadership

Post by thekungfury @ Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:31 pm

Plump windbag Mark Francois says he’s voting for Boris because “if Brexit doesn’t happen it’ll tear the Tories apart”. Proof positive that they only care about themselves and couldn’t give any fcuk about the country. Set fire to them all.
User avatar
thekungfury
 
Posts: 36089
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:27 pm
Highscores: 1

Re: Conservative leadership

Post by Deuteronomy @ Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:01 pm

thekungfury wrote:Plump windbag Mark Francois says he’s voting for Boris because “if Brexit doesn’t happen it’ll tear the Tories apart”. Proof positive that they only care about themselves and couldn’t give any fcuk about the country. Set fire to them all.


It's such a shit show at the moment, so, so depressing.
User avatar
Deuteronomy
 
Posts: 17335
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:57 pm

Re: Conservative leadership

Post by S1K @ Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:10 pm

Esther McVey and Andrea Leadsom are out

Boris Johnson is miles ahead of the rest with 114 votes among the Conservative MP’s
User avatar
S1K
 
Posts: 6978
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:10 pm

Next

Return to Political Corner

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

yt
  Enable youtube titles