Aurora Spy Plane: X-Files Tosh, or Real Conspiracy?

Re: Aurora Spy Plane: X-Files Tosh, or Real Conspiracy?

Post by Ecks Ridgehead @ Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:04 am

Kermit wrote:If you would care to post up a picture of a vapour trail from a perfectly normal aircraft, there are at least a dozen people on here who could return it to you with a bona fide Aurora trail within the hour.

Though it would be in the shape of a penis.
Ecks Ridgehead

Highscores: 1

Post by Fidgits @ Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:06 am

Ted, this 'friend' of yours - in military ATC? Is he in prison for breach of the Official Secrets Act?

I only ask because working for the military, and being involved (in any way) with new miltary projects (either MOD or DoD) he would have to sign it, and it would mean he is strictly forbidden to talk to anyone outside the project about any details pertaining to it.

The fact he so readily told you not only of the existance of this experimental spy plane, but details of it, means he certainly breached the official secrets act, and if found out, would be court marshalled and sent to prison, well for a very, very long time...

just seems odd to me, someone would risk that just to brag to a 'mate'...

As for the plane, im sure there are experimental aircraft with experimental propulsion systems - im sure if any of them were in active use they would be more widely known and reported on..
Fidgits

Post by Sexy Ted @ Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:06 am

And then there is the technology.
The US threw billions (mostly secretively) at a project called the X-30 NASP, which developed the necessary technologies for Aurora.
Information here: http://www.fas.org/irp/mystery/nasp.htm

Sexy Ted

Post by Kermit @ Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:12 am

Sexy Ted wrote:And then there is the technology.
The US threw billions (mostly secretively) at a project called the X-30 NASP, which developed the necessary technologies for Aurora.
Information here: http://www.fas.org/irp/mystery/nasp.htm

That was terrible, wasn't it?

The red faces at the Pentagon were quite simply blinding when they discovered that they didn't need it because this person no longer posed a threat to the security of the United States....

Just as well, really, seeing as it turned out that their test pilot had disappeared in mysterious circumstances!
Kermit

Post by Ecks Ridgehead @ Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:35 am

Sexy Ted wrote:2) All the building work and ultra high security at RAF Macrahanish at the time. Why else do this?

To accommodate the Vulcan bombers that operated from there, and to act as an emergency landing strip for NATO P-3 Orion and other patrol aircraft, according to this website.

Website wrote:While such a long runway is somewhat unusual and has often been cited as a reason top-secret aircraft like the Aurora would be operating from Machrihanish, the layout and location of the base argue against this. First, the base is surrounded by the community of Cambeltown making it difficult to conceal the activities of noisy jet aircraft. In addition, the base is located next to the Machrihanish golf course, one of the most popular golf courses in Scotland. Finally, the base never had the infrastructure of hangars, fueling facilities, and control facilities to operate any significant number of aircraft.
Ecks Ridgehead

Post by Sexy Ted @ Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:44 am

Article about RAF Macrahanish: http://www.theherald.co.uk/news/other/d ... by_MoD.php

Here is the big hangar they built to keep Aurora in:

And here is the super long runway:

Sexy Ted

Post by Ecks Ridgehead @ Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:51 am

Sexy Ted wrote:And here is the super long runway:

At the end of which is Machrihanish Golf Club. Apparently the 18th hole is ABOVE TOP SECRET!!!!!!!!!!!1
Last edited by Ecks Ridgehead on Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ecks Ridgehead

Post by Routie445 @ Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:54 am

This post intentionally left blank.
Routie445

Post by Routie445 @ Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:55 am

Routie445

Post by Tokyo Sexwale @ Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:56 am

Tokyo Sexwale

Post by Ecks Ridgehead @ Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:57 am

thebluebus wrote:
BTF wrote:Just being daft for a second.

I'm going to be daft as well.

If there is so much irrefutable photographic evidence of the existence of Aurora - hangars, runways, contrails; whose existence cannot be attributed to anything else - how can there be no photographs of the plane itself?

Is the plane that fast, that the many people who were pointing their cameras at the sky in daytime and took pictures of the trails, just missed it?

If Aurora existed, which it didn't/doesn't, then the lack of photos of it in flight would probably be due to its speed. Anything that is travelling faster than the speed of sound (i.e. faster than Mach 1) will be gone before you hear it.
Last edited by Ecks Ridgehead on Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ecks Ridgehead

Post by Routie445 @ Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:58 am

Routie445

Post by Ecks Ridgehead @ Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:58 am

thebluebus wrote:
Ecks Ridgehead wrote:ABOVE TOP SECRET!!!!!!!!!!!1

I know this is Serious, but :rofl:

The forum may be Serious, but Ted's logic isn't. Hence my sarcasm.
Ecks Ridgehead

Post by Fidgits @ Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:00 am

Fidgits wrote:Ted, this 'friend' of yours - in military ATC? Is he in prison for breach of the Official Secrets Act?

I only ask because working for the military, and being involved (in any way) with new miltary projects (either MOD or DoD) he would have to sign it, and it would mean he is strictly forbidden to talk to anyone outside the project about any details pertaining to it.

The fact he so readily told you not only of the existance of this experimental spy plane, but details of it, means he certainly breached the official secrets act, and if found out, would be court marshalled and sent to prison, well for a very, very long time...

just seems odd to me, someone would risk that just to brag to a 'mate'...

As for the plane, im sure there are experimental aircraft with experimental propulsion systems - im sure if any of them were in active use they would be more widely known and reported on..

Ted, i'm still waiting for a response to the above... i mean not the hanger isnt interesting, and its not like you see them at most airfields or anything...
Fidgits

Post by Kermit @ Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:07 am

Ecks Ridgehead wrote:
thebluebus wrote:
BTF wrote:Just being daft for a second.

I'm going to be daft as well.

If there is so much irrefutable photographic evidence of the existence of Aurora - hangars, runways, contrails; whose existence cannot be attributed to anything else - how can there be no photographs of the plane itself?

Is the plane that fast, that the many people who were pointing their cameras at the sky in daytime and took pictures of the trails, just missed it?

If Aurora existed, which it didn't/doesn't, then the lack of photos of it in flight would probably be due to its speed. Anything that is travelling faster than the speed of sound (i.e. faster than Mach 1) will be gone before you hear it.

If it lands and parks up in its hangar all at Mach 1, then I'm impressed!

A more likely explanation is that as we now know, golf makes you deaf, so the players on the 18th wouldn't have heard it coming even at approach speeds, so didn't know to turn round and look at it.

Either that or it is covered in thousands of little microscreens which outwardly project the image of an elderly spinster driving a Morris Minor.
Kermit

Post by Sexy Ted @ Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:10 am

Ecks Ridgehead wrote:
At the end of which is Macrihanish Golf Club. Apparently the 18th hole is ABOVE TOP SECRET!!!!!!!!!!!1

Yes, but the golf course was built in 2007, long after Aurora had stopped operating.
Sexy Ted

Post by Ecks Ridgehead @ Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:18 am

Seriously, compare RAF Machrihanish with Nellis Air Force Base at Groom Lake, the fabled "Area 51".

One is deep in the barren Nevada badlands, at least thirty miles from the nearest town; the other is surrounded by arable farmland, situated about a mile and a half from the hamlet of Machrahanish and about two miles from the village of Campbeltown, and has a public golf course at the end of its runway.

Imagine for a moment that you are the head of the US DoD and you are looking for somewhere to house and test your latest Top Secret aircraft. Ask yourself: which base would you choose?
Ecks Ridgehead

Post by Ecks Ridgehead @ Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:23 am

Sexy Ted wrote:
Ecks Ridgehead wrote:
At the end of which is Macrihanish Golf Club. Apparently the 18th hole is ABOVE TOP SECRET!!!!!!!!!!!1

Yes, but the golf course was built in 2007, long after Aurora had stopped operating.

Ted, that is a lie. The history of Machrihanish Golf Club is available here on the Machrihanish Golf Club website. I will even save you a bit of time (just because I'm good like that) by pointing out that the club's booklet entitled 100 Years Of Golf At Machrihanish was published in 1976.

NB This information is not classified.
Ecks Ridgehead

Post by Sexy Ted @ Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:23 am

13) The US defence budget had $455 Million for Black aircraft PRODUCTION in FY 1987

Here is a fairly sensible Aurora article: http://robocat.users.btopenworld.com/aurora.htm

And here is a list of the "facts" including sightings by commercial aitline crews: http://www.fighter-planes.com/info/aurora2.htm
Sexy Ted

Post by Dirk @ Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:24 am

I think I have found the secret aircraft flying out of RAF Mac thingy

Pg 4 right hand side

http://aircadets-sni.org.uk/request.php?7

beyond that i am unable to post because I cannot take this thread seriously. But I thank you for those that have because I have enjoyed it immensely
Dirk

Highscores: 5

Post by Tokyo Sexwale @ Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:24 am

Tokyo Sexwale

Post by Fidgits @ Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:25 am

Ted, im still waiting for an answer to my question on your 'mate'..
Fidgits

Post by Dirk @ Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:27 am

Fidgits wrote:Ted, im still waiting for an answer to my question on your 'mate'..

I woulnd't bother Fidgits, I made the smae point (and others) on the UFos thread and he just accused me of pedantry. So the OSA is pedantry. Nice to know
Dirk

Post by Fidgits @ Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:31 am

Enigma wrote:
Fidgits wrote:Ted, im still waiting for an answer to my question on your 'mate'..

I woulnd't bother Fidgits, I made the smae point (and others) on the UFos thread and he just accused me of pedantry. So the OSA is pedantry. Nice to know

which leads me to have to assume that this mate doesnt actually exist and is a story made up to try and back up some flimsy facts...
Fidgits

Post by Routie445 @ Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:32 am

Routie445

Post by Fidgits @ Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:34 am

thebluebus wrote:But there are photos of the trails this mate leaves behind. Which could not be made by anything else.

There are photos!

Fidgits

Post by Dirk @ Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:35 am

Fidgits wrote:
Enigma wrote:

which leads me to have to assume that this mate doesnt actually exist and is a story made up to try and back up some flimsy facts...

I think its more likely that after a couple of beers this 'mate' couldn't resist the opportunity to wind up a gullible mate/associate/stranger/someone he knows and doesn't really like (please delete as applicable) . And big himself up at the same time

Not exactly unknown for defence people to do that.
Dirk

Post by Ecks Ridgehead @ Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:38 am

Enigma wrote:I think its more likely that after a couple of beers this 'mate' couldn't resist the opportunity to wind up a gullible mate/associate/stranger/someone he knows and doesn't really like (please delete as applicable) . And big himself up at the same time

Not exactly unknown for defence people to do that.

This is by far the most plausible claim on this whole thread.
Ecks Ridgehead

Post by Sexy Ted @ Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:54 am

Ecks Ridgehead wrote:
Sexy Ted wrote:

Ted, that is a lie. The history of Machrihanish Golf Club is available here on the Machrihanish Golf Club website. I will even save you a bit of time (just because I'm good like that) by pointing out that the club's booklet entitled 100 Years Of Golf At Machrihanish was published in 1976.

NB This information is not classified.

There are two Macrahanish golf courses, so I am not a liar.
The "Dunes" club only opened recently: http://www.machrihanishdunes.com/course/rates.shtml

I haven't the faintest which goes past the end of the runway.
Sexy Ted

Post by Tokyo Sexwale @ Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:55 am

Last edited by Tokyo Sexwale on Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tokyo Sexwale

PreviousNext

Return to Where has Random Chat gone??