Aurora Spy Plane: X-Files Tosh, or Real Conspiracy?

Re: Aurora Spy Plane: X-Files Tosh, or Real Conspiracy?

Post by Sexy Ted @ Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:55 am

CommanderJameson wrote:
Rules:
  1. No ad hominem. At all.
  2. No cut and paste where a link will do.
  3. Keep it civil.


Nice try.
User avatar
Sexy Ted
 
Posts: 475
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:13 am

Re: Aurora Spy Plane: X-Files Tosh, or Real Conspiracy?

Post by Tokyo Sexwale @ Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:59 am

This post intentionally left blank.
User avatar
Tokyo Sexwale
 
Posts: 48195
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:14 pm

Re: Aurora Spy Plane: X-Files Tosh, or Real Conspiracy?

Post by Disastrous @ Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:00 am

Sexy Ted wrote:
Ecks Ridgehead wrote:
Sexy Ted wrote:
Yes, but the golf course was built in 2007, long after Aurora had stopped operating.


Ted, that is a lie. The history of Machrihanish Golf Club is available here on the Machrihanish Golf Club website. I will even save you a bit of time (just because I'm good like that) by pointing out that the club's booklet entitled 100 Years Of Golf At Machrihanish was published in 1976.

NB This information is not classified.


There are two Macrahanish golf courses, so I am not a liar.
The "Dunes" club only opened recently: http://www.machrihanishdunes.com/course/rates.shtml

Image

I haven't the faintest which goes past the end of the runway.


Interesting that you describe 'May 2009' as 'Recently'. It's a brand new development - they bought the old Beachcomber Inn off Sandy and have been working on it for a few years. The other course has been there for donkeys so I would suggest that it's the one that goes past the runway.

Also, just out of interest, you see the white cottage facing the sea in this picture?

http://www.machrihanishdunes.com/realestate/

That belongs to a friend of mine and is where we stay at when surfing (I should say belonged - poor bugger had a heart attack at 39 a couple of months ago :( )
User avatar
Disastrous
Monkey Licker!
 
Posts: 38170
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:58 pm

Re: Aurora Spy Plane: X-Files Tosh, or Real Conspiracy?

Post by Tokyo Sexwale @ Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:01 am

This post intentionally left blank.
User avatar
Tokyo Sexwale
 
Posts: 48195
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:14 pm

Re: Aurora Spy Plane: X-Files Tosh, or Real Conspiracy?

Post by Disastrous @ Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:07 am

I just wish I could take you all to Mac right now - there just so isn't anything secret happening there. In fact, there is literally nothing happening there except for fisherman getting drunk, golfers getting drunk and surfers getting drunk.

A quick tour round the place and a quick drive up to the base would show you that it wouldn't ever have been a secure, top secret facility. As mentioned, a golf course is just a short drive away and you can easily drive your car onto the premises.

I appreciate that Ted is saying that this all happened ten years ago but the course and roads and everything have been there for a lot longer and you just couldn't keep something that big secret somewhere like that - West Coasters are the nosiest people on Earth.
User avatar
Disastrous
Monkey Licker!
 
Posts: 38170
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:58 pm

Re: Aurora Spy Plane: X-Files Tosh, or Real Conspiracy?

Post by Sexy Ted @ Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:08 am

Image
User avatar
Sexy Ted
 
Posts: 475
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:13 am

Re: Aurora Spy Plane: X-Files Tosh, or Real Conspiracy?

Post by Tokyo Sexwale @ Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:09 am

This post intentionally left blank.
User avatar
Tokyo Sexwale
 
Posts: 48195
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:14 pm

Re: Aurora Spy Plane: X-Files Tosh, or Real Conspiracy?

Post by Disastrous @ Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:09 am

well, that's me convinced - a computer image of a plane???
User avatar
Disastrous
Monkey Licker!
 
Posts: 38170
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:58 pm

Re: Aurora Spy Plane: X-Files Tosh, or Real Conspiracy?

Post by Tokyo Sexwale @ Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:09 am

This post intentionally left blank.
User avatar
Tokyo Sexwale
 
Posts: 48195
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:14 pm

Re: Aurora Spy Plane: X-Files Tosh, or Real Conspiracy?

Post by Sexy Ted @ Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:17 am

carrera2 wrote:Just now he said it was built in 2007 and yet it's not even open yet.

Just lies. Lots and lots of lies & links to try and make a non-point.


Not lies.
This article (and others) had it opening in 2007: http://www.machrihanishdunes.com/dynami ... _Dec06.pdf

Obviously (probably because it is on a SSSI) it took longer.

You should temper your language young man.
User avatar
Sexy Ted
 
Posts: 475
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:13 am

Re: Aurora Spy Plane: X-Files Tosh, or Real Conspiracy?

Post by Dirk @ Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:22 am

carrera2 wrote:

CHeck out the image properties. I'm now convinced.

And if that isn't enough C2, I have just discovered that David Icke believes that there have been secret aircraft at RAF Macrahanish

It also seems that Ted's mate shouts his mouth off down the pub quite often and has lots of friends. Lots of people seem to have heard him tell this tale.

Its obviously all true.

Shame that they never displayed it Farnborough even as a swansong tour, or any other show, or used it any of the wars that we had.
User avatar
Dirk
 
Posts: 28787
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:03 pm
Highscores: 5

Re: Aurora Spy Plane: X-Files Tosh, or Real Conspiracy?

Post by Ecks Ridgehead @ Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:22 am

Sexy Ted wrote:
Ecks Ridgehead wrote:
Sexy Ted wrote:
Yes, but the golf course was built in 2007, long after Aurora had stopped operating.


Ted, that is a lie. The history of Machrihanish Golf Club is available here on the Machrihanish Golf Club website. I will even save you a bit of time (just because I'm good like that) by pointing out that the club's booklet entitled 100 Years Of Golf At Machrihanish was published in 1976.

NB This information is not classified.


There are two Macrahanish golf courses, so I am not a liar.
The "Dunes" club only opened recently: http://www.machrihanishdunes.com/course/rates.shtml

I haven't the faintest which goes past the end of the runway.


I think that anyone who reads this thread will appreciate the weight of your argument.
User avatar
Ecks Ridgehead
 
Posts: 7734
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:49 pm
Highscores: 1

Re: Aurora Spy Plane: X-Files Tosh, or Real Conspiracy?

Post by Disastrous @ Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:22 am

Sexy Ted wrote:
carrera2 wrote:Just now he said it was built in 2007 and yet it's not even open yet.

Just lies. Lots and lots of lies & links to try and make a non-point.


Not lies.
This article (and others) had it opening in 2007: http://www.machrihanishdunes.com/dynami ... _Dec06.pdf

Obviously (probably because it is on a SSSI) it took longer.

You should temper your language young man.


Incorrect, regardless. As such, it removes any further debate about which course passes by the runway so we can close off this avenue of discussion forthwith and concentrate on the actual points.
User avatar
Disastrous
Monkey Licker!
 
Posts: 38170
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:58 pm

Re: Aurora Spy Plane: X-Files Tosh, or Real Conspiracy?

Post by Tokyo Sexwale @ Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:26 am

This post intentionally left blank.
User avatar
Tokyo Sexwale
 
Posts: 48195
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:14 pm

Re: Aurora Spy Plane: X-Files Tosh, or Real Conspiracy?

Post by Sexy Ted @ Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:34 am

The Aurora was a Lockheed project.

There is also another black project spy plane, the Northrop TR-3A Black Manta.
The TR stands for Tactical Reconnaisance.
And it is a bit like a downsized B2, as you might expect, coming from Northrop. It is very stealthy.

Image

Image
User avatar
Sexy Ted
 
Posts: 475
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:13 am

Re: Aurora Spy Plane: X-Files Tosh, or Real Conspiracy?

Post by Fidgits @ Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:36 am

wow, more computer generated images...


well i for one am now fully convinced.
User avatar
Fidgits
 
Posts: 4018
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:34 pm

Re: Aurora Spy Plane: X-Files Tosh, or Real Conspiracy?

Post by Disastrous @ Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:37 am

Can this please be moved from Serious as it's utterly ludicrous and I want to roffle.

This is like a debate with my mum.

Mum: I think that John Lennon was in the Rolling Stones

Me: Untrue actually and here is loads of perfectly weighted, logical evidence to back my point, what do you make of that?

Mum: I think that Polar Bears are in danger and it's because of you

Me: ...

ETA - also, posting computer generated pictures as a sort of 'screensaver' whilst you try and copy/paste the entire internet cannot seriously be considered reasonable debate, can it???

If so, I'm going to take a series of photos into my next awkward meeting and whenever the client asks me anything uncomfortable, I'll simply pop one up on his desk and nip out for a coffee while I marshall my thoughts. Incredible.
User avatar
Disastrous
Monkey Licker!
 
Posts: 38170
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:58 pm

Re: Aurora Spy Plane: X-Files Tosh, or Real Conspiracy?

Post by Ecks Ridgehead @ Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:39 am

Sexy Ted wrote:The Aurora was a Lockheed project.


Why are you talking about it as though it was real? It's like telling us about problems that Gandalf had during puberty.
Last edited by Ecks Ridgehead on Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Ecks Ridgehead
 
Posts: 7734
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:49 pm
Highscores: 1

Re: Aurora Spy Plane: X-Files Tosh, or Real Conspiracy?

Post by Tokyo Sexwale @ Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:42 am

This post intentionally left blank.
User avatar
Tokyo Sexwale
 
Posts: 48195
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:14 pm

Re: Aurora Spy Plane: X-Files Tosh, or Real Conspiracy?

Post by Disastrous @ Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:44 am

Serious :rofl:
User avatar
Disastrous
Monkey Licker!
 
Posts: 38170
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:58 pm

Re: Aurora Spy Plane: X-Files Tosh, or Real Conspiracy?

Post by nervy @ Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:44 am

Sexy Ted wrote:
carrera2 wrote:Just now he said it was built in 2007 and yet it's not even open yet.

Just lies. Lots and lots of lies & links to try and make a non-point.


Not lies.
This article (and others) had it opening in 2007: http://www.machrihanishdunes.com/dynami ... _Dec06.pdf

Obviously (probably because it is on a SSSI) it took longer.

You should temper your language young man.


what aspect of his language needs tempering? he disagrees with your arguments on the grounds of a lack of valid evidence. he hasnt called you a cock or anything. I'm intrigued- perhaps I missed a rules update?
Last edited by nervy on Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
nervy
 
Posts: 9422
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:08 pm

Re: Aurora Spy Plane: X-Files Tosh, or Real Conspiracy?

Post by Dirk @ Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:45 am

So they fly up to 4 of them in close formation and someone got a picture of it. Or, dare i suggest it, that is as much a made up image as the MSP Paint cock art produced by the experts on here. An entry on wiki and a photoshopped picture does not consist of proof in any reasonable way no matter how hard you want to believe that it does (amkes me wonder about your evidence at a recent court case but I won't go there).

Trust me, the DoD, MoD and the military infrastructure works on lots of high tech secret stuff that you have never heard of, which absorbs all the money you talk about. Lots of it is very very clever. All those clever people are also fully aware that every time a new submarine gets launched, every time a new ship puts to sea, every time a new aircraft flies, every time a new tank goes on exercise, there is likely to be someone nearby with a camera. They cannot be stopped. Those people may be Russians, chinese or David Ickes minions. Lots of stuff can be kept secret, but the external visible image of these things is really not one of them. At least not for long

The thing is though, the really secret stuff, because it is not visual, is quite often really boring. So you have never even thought about it.
User avatar
Dirk
 
Posts: 28787
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:03 pm
Highscores: 5

Re: Aurora Spy Plane: X-Files Tosh, or Real Conspiracy?

Post by nervy @ Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:47 am

Enigma wrote:They cannot be stopped.


da da da de- dum, da da da de- dum.

>crushesskull<
nervy
 
Posts: 9422
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:08 pm

Re: Aurora Spy Plane: X-Files Tosh, or Real Conspiracy?

Post by Sexy Ted @ Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:47 am

Then there is the Lockheed X-33 VentureStar.
This is a "white" project developed by Skunkworks and is seen as being a development of Aurora. But not at all secret.
There is a huge amount known about the X-33, here is some stuff: http://www.fas.org/spp/guide/usa/launch/x-33.htm
This is very interesting because it tells us a lot about what Aurora was like.
It was cancelled in 2001.
However a development of it called the Space Reusable Launch Vehicle is currently being worked on by Lockheed.

X-33 pictures:

Image

Image
User avatar
Sexy Ted
 
Posts: 475
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:13 am

Re: Aurora Spy Plane: X-Files Tosh, or Real Conspiracy?

Post by Tokyo Sexwale @ Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:48 am

This post intentionally left blank.
User avatar
Tokyo Sexwale
 
Posts: 48195
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:14 pm

Re: Aurora Spy Plane: X-Files Tosh, or Real Conspiracy?

Post by nervy @ Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:49 am

Sexy Ted wrote:Then there is the Lockheed X-33 VentureStar.
This is a "white" project developed by Skunkworks and is seen as being a development of Aurora. But not at all secret.
There is a huge amount known about the X-33, here is some stuff: http://www.fas.org/spp/guide/usa/launch/x-33.htm


that site was last updated 10 years ago. I fear it may go some way to undermine its validity as a source of relevant information.
nervy
 
Posts: 9422
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:08 pm

Re: Aurora Spy Plane: X-Files Tosh, or Real Conspiracy?

Post by nervy @ Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:50 am

carrera2 wrote:This is mental.


so youre seeing computer drawings, too? phew.
nervy
 
Posts: 9422
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:08 pm

Re: Aurora Spy Plane: X-Files Tosh, or Real Conspiracy?

Post by Ecks Ridgehead @ Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:51 am

Enigma wrote:The thing is though, the really secret stuff, because it is not visual, is quite often really boring. So you have never even thought about it.


:yes: The secret UK MoD stuff that I see at work from time to time is always really dull.
User avatar
Ecks Ridgehead
 
Posts: 7734
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:49 pm
Highscores: 1

Re: Aurora Spy Plane: X-Files Tosh, or Real Conspiracy?

Post by Tokyo Sexwale @ Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:51 am

This post intentionally left blank.
User avatar
Tokyo Sexwale
 
Posts: 48195
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:14 pm

Re: Aurora Spy Plane: X-Files Tosh, or Real Conspiracy?

Post by Disastrous @ Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:51 am

nervy wrote:
carrera2 wrote:This is mental.


so youre seeing computer drawings, too? phew.


What sort of discussion is this?? We say things and he posts computer cartoons. I'm baffled.
User avatar
Disastrous
Monkey Licker!
 
Posts: 38170
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:58 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Where has Random Chat gone??

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

yt
  Enable youtube titles