Aurora Spy Plane: X-Files Tosh, or Real Conspiracy?

Re: Aurora Spy Plane: X-Files Tosh, or Real Conspiracy?

Post by Turntable @ Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:51 am

This post intentionally left blank.
User avatar
Turntable
 
Posts: 29432
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:47 pm
Highscores: 7

Re: Aurora Spy Plane: X-Files Tosh, or Real Conspiracy?

Post by nervy @ Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:52 am

carrera2 wrote:
nervy wrote:
Sexy Ted wrote:Then there is the Lockheed X-33 VentureStar.
This is a "white" project developed by Skunkworks and is seen as being a development of Aurora. But not at all secret.
There is a huge amount known about the X-33, here is some stuff: http://www.fas.org/spp/guide/usa/launch/x-33.htm


that site was last updated 10 years ago. I fear it may go some way to undermine its validity as a source of relevant information.


I wish I had said

Ecks Ridgehead wrote:I think that anyone who reads this thread will appreciate the weight of your argument.


to him.


my GF just said something stupid and I said it to her.

she's crying now, but she's got to learn.
nervy
 
Posts: 9422
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:08 pm

Re: Aurora Spy Plane: X-Files Tosh, or Real Conspiracy?

Post by Tokyo Sexwale @ Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:53 am

This post intentionally left blank.
User avatar
Tokyo Sexwale
 
Posts: 47222
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:14 pm

Re: Aurora Spy Plane: X-Files Tosh, or Real Conspiracy?

Post by Turntable @ Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:54 am

This post intentionally left blank.
User avatar
Turntable
 
Posts: 29432
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:47 pm
Highscores: 7

Re: Aurora Spy Plane: X-Files Tosh, or Real Conspiracy?

Post by Dirk @ Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:55 am

OED wrote:SERIOUS• adjective 1 demanding or characterized by careful consideration or application. 2 solemn or thoughtful. 3 sincere and in earnest, rather than joking or half-hearted. 4 significant or worrying in terms of danger or risk: serious injury. 5 informal substantial in terms of size, number, or quality

Well i guess Ted's posts qualify as serious under definition 5 in that they are numerous and long. Certainly do not qualify as characterized by careful consideration or thoughtful. Scarily, he might be in earnest I guess, and they are certainly worrying
User avatar
Dirk
 
Posts: 27635
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:03 pm
Highscores: 5

Re: Aurora Spy Plane: X-Files Tosh, or Real Conspiracy?

Post by Disastrous @ Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:59 am

blindswelledrat wrote:
Gylen wrote:Mum: I think that John Lennon was in the Rolling Stones

Me: Untrue actually .


:biglaugh:

WHat I like about that is the image of you, instead of doing what I do which would be to patronizingly say "Don't be silly" Mum, actaully really formally stating "Untrue actually". I imagine you doing that in a deadpan manner with a needlessly deep voice.
WHen she does this do you ever angrily stare straight into her eyes and say quietly: "Incorrect"


:rofl:

That's exactly right. If she still won't see sense she gets a stern 'That'll be quite enough of that' and that's the end of it (we're Victorian, you see, and dad and I both wear top hats and monocles around the house).
User avatar
Disastrous
Monkey Licker!
 
Posts: 36643
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:58 pm

Re: Aurora Spy Plane: X-Files Tosh, or Real Conspiracy?

Post by Ecks Ridgehead @ Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:00 pm

Sexy Ted wrote:Then there is the Lockheed X-33 VentureStar.
This is a "white" project developed by Skunkworks and is seen as being a development of Aurora. But not at all secret.
There is a huge amount known about the X-33, here is some stuff: http://www.fas.org/spp/guide/usa/launch/x-33.htm
This is very interesting because it tells us a lot about what Aurora was like.
It was cancelled in 2001.
However a development of it called the Space Reusable Launch Vehicle is currently being worked on by Lockheed.

X-33 cartoons:

[pic]

[pic]


Ted, are you even reading what anyone else on this thread is saying about your claims? Or are you doing nothing more than spamming the thread with posts composed of information that you have copied and pasted from the internet? You may be able to post reams of tosh on that little village website forum because you're the only one on it, but around here we like a bit of dialogue. Now, I can understand you not wanting to answer questions put to you when they seriously undermine your argument and you have no credible response to them - and you don't have to respond to anyone, of course, that's your prerogative - but I feel compelled to point out that if you consistently avoid responding then you run the risk of looking a bit mad.
User avatar
Ecks Ridgehead
 
Posts: 7734
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:49 pm
Highscores: 1

Re: Aurora Spy Plane: X-Files Tosh, or Real Conspiracy?

Post by Sexy Ted @ Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:01 pm

There are supposed real photos of TR-3A Black Manta.
But you will all shout "PHOTOSHOP".

Image

Image
User avatar
Sexy Ted
 
Posts: 475
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:13 am

Re: Aurora Spy Plane: X-Files Tosh, or Real Conspiracy?

Post by Fidgits @ Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:03 pm

Also, the american military is working on an autonomous mechanical foot soilder replacement, designed for urban and extreme weather combat situations.


Its codename is the T101




and there is an actual picture of the prototype...




Image
User avatar
Fidgits
 
Posts: 4018
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:34 pm

Re: Aurora Spy Plane: X-Files Tosh, or Real Conspiracy?

Post by Routie445 @ Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:05 pm

This post intentionally left blank.
Routie445
 
Posts: 39039
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:58 pm

Re: Aurora Spy Plane: X-Files Tosh, or Real Conspiracy?

Post by Disastrous @ Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:05 pm

Sexy Ted wrote:There are supposed real photos of TR-3A Black Manta.
But you will all shout "PHOTOSHOP".

Image

Image


No shouts of "PHOTOSHOP" here. Instead, for the first one, I'm going to shout "I can't make that out at all as somebody has rubbed charcoal all over the image"

and for the second one I'm going to shout "You've just taken a picture of somebody's notice board that has a drawing of a plane on it". Had you taken a picture of parent's fridge door in 1986, you would have seen a prototype for a Top Secret New Ferrari that I had designed over breakfast. In crayon.

Oh, and I'm also going to post this as well, for no reason:

Image
User avatar
Disastrous
Monkey Licker!
 
Posts: 36643
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:58 pm

Re: Aurora Spy Plane: X-Files Tosh, or Real Conspiracy?

Post by Routie445 @ Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:06 pm

This post intentionally left blank.
Routie445
 
Posts: 39039
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:58 pm

Re: Aurora Spy Plane: X-Files Tosh, or Real Conspiracy?

Post by Ecks Ridgehead @ Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:07 pm

Sexy Ted wrote:There are supposed real photos of TR-3A Black Manta.
But you will all shout "PHOTOSHOP".
[pic]
[pic]


I will be more likely to shout "how is this evidence for the existence of the Aurora?"
User avatar
Ecks Ridgehead
 
Posts: 7734
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:49 pm
Highscores: 1

Re: Aurora Spy Plane: X-Files Tosh, or Real Conspiracy?

Post by Disastrous @ Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:07 pm

'tisn't. They're prototype fisheses.
User avatar
Disastrous
Monkey Licker!
 
Posts: 36643
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:58 pm

Re: Aurora Spy Plane: X-Files Tosh, or Real Conspiracy?

Post by nervy @ Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:09 pm

Ecks Ridgehead wrote:
Sexy Ted wrote:There are supposed real photos of TR-3A Black Manta.
But you will all shout "PHOTOSHOP".
[pic]
[pic]


I will be more likely to shout "how is this evidence for the existence of the Aurora?"


Thats certainly what Im shouting.
nervy
 
Posts: 9422
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:08 pm

Re: Aurora Spy Plane: X-Files Tosh, or Real Conspiracy?

Post by CJ+ @ Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:10 pm

Sexy Ted wrote:There are supposed real photos of TR-3A Black Manta.
But you will all shout "PHOTOSHOP".

Irrelevant.

This thread is about Aurora.
User avatar
CJ+
 
Posts: 13893
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:39 pm
Location: Lave Orbital Station
Highscores: 1

Re: Aurora Spy Plane: X-Files Tosh, or Real Conspiracy?

Post by Tokyo Sexwale @ Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:10 pm

This post intentionally left blank.
User avatar
Tokyo Sexwale
 
Posts: 47222
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:14 pm

Re: Aurora Spy Plane: X-Files Tosh, or Real Conspiracy?

Post by Sexy Ted @ Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:16 pm

And you guys seem to have forgotten the F-117.

This first flew in 1981, and went into squadron service in 1983.
Yet it was only made public in 1988, after it had been flying regularly for over 7 years.

And it had the science fiction property of being invisible to radar.

If I had told you about F-117 in 1983 you would not have believed me, yet it was in squadron service and was built in far bigger numbers than Aurora was.
Remember the USAF is spending $6 billion a year on black projects that the public don't know about.
F-117 and Aurora were just two such projects.

The U-2, SR-71 and B-2 all were started as Black projects.

Here is some sensible stuff about what is going on: http://www.dreamlandresort.com/black_pr ... story.html
User avatar
Sexy Ted
 
Posts: 475
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:13 am

Re: Aurora Spy Plane: X-Files Tosh, or Real Conspiracy?

Post by Tokyo Sexwale @ Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:17 pm

This post intentionally left blank.
User avatar
Tokyo Sexwale
 
Posts: 47222
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:14 pm

Re: Aurora Spy Plane: X-Files Tosh, or Real Conspiracy?

Post by CJ+ @ Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:18 pm

Sexy Ted wrote:And you guys seem to have forgotten the F-117.

This first flew in 1981, and went into squadron service in 1983.
Yet it was only made public in 1988, after it had been flying regularly for over 7 years.

And it had the science fiction property of being invisible to radar.

If I had told you about F-117 in 1983 you would not have believed me, yet it was in squadron service and was built in far bigger numbers than Aurora was.
Remember the USAF is spending $6 billion a year on black projects that the public don't know about.
F-117 and Aurora were just two such projects.

The U-2, SR-71 and B-2 all were started as Black projects.

Here is some sensible stuff about what is going on: http://www.dreamlandresort.com/black_pr ... story.html

Irrelevant.

The point at hand is not "are there Black projects?" as we know that there are.

The point is "Does the Aurora spy plane exist?" and just saying "well, there are other secret things, so it might" isn't exactly a convincing argument.
User avatar
CJ+
 
Posts: 13893
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:39 pm
Location: Lave Orbital Station
Highscores: 1

Re: Aurora Spy Plane: X-Files Tosh, or Real Conspiracy?

Post by Dirk @ Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:18 pm

Ted, I have just had a call from the US Department of Defense- Black Projects. He wants your contact details as he wants to offer you a job. You are far more effective at convincing people that a black project doesn't exist than anything they have every done before.

You argue that Aurora exists, 99% of people believe it doesn't - even though 50% thought it might before you started.
User avatar
Dirk
 
Posts: 27635
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:03 pm
Highscores: 5

Re: Aurora Spy Plane: X-Files Tosh, or Real Conspiracy?

Post by Disastrous @ Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:19 pm

carrera2 wrote:hit him again


Quite. I'm sorry but this has become endangered cave-diving shark-gate all over again. Pointless debate.
User avatar
Disastrous
Monkey Licker!
 
Posts: 36643
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:58 pm

Re: Aurora Spy Plane: X-Files Tosh, or Real Conspiracy?

Post by Ecks Ridgehead @ Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:19 pm

Sexy Ted wrote:And you guys seem to have forgotten the F-117.

This first flew in 1981, and went into squadron service in 1983.
Yet it was only made public in 1988, after it had been flying regularly for over 7 years.

And it had the science fiction property of being invisible to radar.

If I had told you about F-117 in 1983 you would not have believed me, yet it was in squadron service and was built in far bigger numbers than Aurora was.
Remember the USAF is spending $6 billion a year on black projects that the public don't know about.
F-117 and Aurora were just two such projects.

The U-2, SR-71 and B-2 all were started as Black projects.

Here is some sensible stuff about what is going on: http://www.dreamlandresort.com/black_pr ... story.html


How is that evidence for the existence of Aurora?
User avatar
Ecks Ridgehead
 
Posts: 7734
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:49 pm
Highscores: 1

Re: Aurora Spy Plane: X-Files Tosh, or Real Conspiracy?

Post by Ecks Ridgehead @ Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:20 pm

Ecks Ridgehead wrote:Ted, are you even reading what anyone else on this thread is saying about your claims? Or are you doing nothing more than spamming the thread with posts composed of information that you have copied and pasted from the internet? You may be able to post reams of tosh on that little village website forum because you're the only one on it, but around here we like a bit of dialogue. Now, I can understand you not wanting to answer questions put to you when they seriously undermine your argument and you have no credible response to them - and you don't have to respond to anyone, of course, that's your prerogative - but I feel compelled to point out that if you consistently avoid responding then you run the risk of looking a bit mad.
User avatar
Ecks Ridgehead
 
Posts: 7734
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:49 pm
Highscores: 1

Re: Aurora Spy Plane: X-Files Tosh, or Real Conspiracy?

Post by nervy @ Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:21 pm

Ted, can I see some evidence for the existence of Aurora? You dont have to show these other non-believers if you like, but Im enthralled.
nervy
 
Posts: 9422
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:08 pm

Re: Aurora Spy Plane: X-Files Tosh, or Real Conspiracy?

Post by Sexy Ted @ Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:29 pm

nervy wrote:Ted, can I see some evidence for the existence of Aurora? You dont have to show these other non-believers if you like, but Im enthralled.


1) My friend in military ATC controlled them. He knew how fast and how high they were. He spoke to the pilots on the radio.
2) All the building work and ultra high security at RAF Macrahanish at the time. Why else do this?
3) The big $6 billion that the USAF spends on "Black " projects every year. There must be something to show for this much money.
4) The corresponding bulge in Lockheed turnover and profits that is not explained by known projects.
5) Just what were skunk works making after F117? A very good question. They are still there with all their resources and capabilities and they are not sitting round playing cards.
6) The vapour trails. No known aircraft could make these. And the very high altitude sonic booms recorded by seismiological equipment.
7) UK ministry of defence openly admits to US "Programme 2 and Programme 3" black project aircraft flying in UK skies.
8) Jane's are the top aviation and defence authority in the world. They think it existed.
9) Chris Gibson (and another person) saw an Aurora flying over the North Sea rig they were on. Chris Gibson had been in the Royal Observer Corps's trophy winning international aircraft recognition team since 1980.
10) The USAF retired SR 71 quite suddenly at a time when they still had a manned strategic reconnaisance requirement. So what did they replace it with?
11) The technology, money, need and will existed to make this plane. There is nothing about the project that is remotely improbable.
User avatar
Sexy Ted
 
Posts: 475
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:13 am

Re: Aurora Spy Plane: X-Files Tosh, or Real Conspiracy?

Post by Disastrous @ Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:30 pm

BTF wrote:Is there a requirement for every single half decent thread to be ruined by little spats and jibes based on folks having different opinions?



I think that's a bit unfair - I would welcome some actual evidence to support Ted's points but the whole thing becomes ludicrous when nothing is ever addressed. It's like arguing with Helen Keller.
User avatar
Disastrous
Monkey Licker!
 
Posts: 36643
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:58 pm

Re: Aurora Spy Plane: X-Files Tosh, or Real Conspiracy?

Post by Tokyo Sexwale @ Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:33 pm

This post intentionally left blank.
User avatar
Tokyo Sexwale
 
Posts: 47222
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:14 pm

Re: Aurora Spy Plane: X-Files Tosh, or Real Conspiracy?

Post by Dirk @ Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:34 pm

Sexy Ted wrote:

And it had the science fiction property of being invisible to radar.

If I had told you about F-117 in 1983 you would not have believed me


Well actually, I might have, since

Partly influenced by the damage to American prestige by the Iranian hostage crisis and the botched attempt to rescue the hostages, on 22 August 1980, the Carter Administration publicly acknowledged the existence of the stealth program, though no details were released.


I might have believed the 'science fiction property' as well since the ideas were proposed by a Russian mathmetician in open press in 1964. By the way, it is not and never was invisible to radar. It merely has a reduced radar cross-section from some angles and for some frequencies
User avatar
Dirk
 
Posts: 27635
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:03 pm
Highscores: 5

Re: Aurora Spy Plane: X-Files Tosh, or Real Conspiracy?

Post by CJ+ @ Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:36 pm

Sexy Ted wrote:1) My friend in military ATC controlled them. He knew how fast and how high they were. He spoke to the pilots on the radio.
2) All the building work and ultra high security at RAF Macrahanish at the time. Why else do this?
3) The big $6 billion that the USAF spends on "Black " projects every year. There must be something to show for this much money.
4) The corresponding bulge in Lockheed turnover and profits that is not explained by known projects.
5) Just what were skunk works making after F117? A very good question. They are still there with all their resources and capabilities and they are not sitting round playing cards.
6) The vapour trails. No known aircraft could make these. And the very high altitude sonic booms recorded by seismiological equipment.
7) UK ministry of defence openly admits to US "Programme 2 and Programme 3" black project aircraft flying in UK skies.
8) Jane's are the top aviation and defence authority in the world. They think it existed.
9) Chris Gibson (and another person) saw an Aurora flying over the North Sea rig they were on. Chris Gibson had been in the Royal Observer Corps's trophy winning international aircraft recognition team since 1980.
10) The USAF retired SR 71 quite suddenly at a time when they still had a manned strategic reconnaisance requirement. So what did they replace it with?
11) The technology, money, need and will existed to make this plane. There is nothing about the project that is remotely improbable.

Ted, that's not evidence, but simply a list of assertions. Simply repeating it without elaboration or substantiation isn't helping.

However, let's take your points in turn:
  1. Your friend, assuming for a moment he exists, would have breached the OSA in discussing any military aircraft movements with you. Breaches of this nature attract very heavy penalties. I'd be interested to know why he risked his career and liberty discussing these things with you.
  2. As discussed in prior posts, very long runways are required for other military aircraft of a more conventional nature.
  3. Satellite stuff, in the main, would be my guess. Of course, we don't know, but hey. It's secret.
  4. See above.
  5. See above.
  6. It's a bit of a stretch to go from "vapour trails of an unfamiliar and unusual type" to "vast multi-billion dollar conspiracy to create concealed spy plane".
  7. And, quite frankly, these could be anything.
  8. So?
  9. Unsubstantiated single anecdote.
  10. I don't know, and neither do you.
  11. There's also absolutely no evidence from credible sources to indicate that it has been carried out.
User avatar
CJ+
 
Posts: 13893
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:39 pm
Location: Lave Orbital Station
Highscores: 1

PreviousNext

Return to Where has Random Chat gone??

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

yt
  Enable youtube titles