Clothing Wants and Purchases

Crystal chandeliers, etc.

Re: Clothing Wants and Purchases

Post by Deuteronomy @ Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:39 pm

Disastrous wrote:
Damien Thorn wrote:
Disastrous wrote:
Tokyo Sexwale wrote:There is a horrific amount of clothing like that out there strawms. Hopefully I'll never see it other than on a screen though, I can only imagine the horror show of a person who'd wear it.



That reminds me of a diving T-Shirt that Facebook tried to advertise at me that said "Be nice to me - I know where to take you where you'll never be found...I'm a diver!"

I'm not making that sound shitter than it was. It was genuinely that clunky and shit and I thought that only the worst sort of cnut would wear one (and hopefully get nitrogen narcosis and take his kit off).

Haven't we unequivocally established over the years that wearing ANY t shirt with a joke slogan on it makes you a bellend? I think we have.



We have, but I'm still reserving a special place on the comedy bus for the fat bald bloke with a beard and glasses I once saw in a trendy nightclub wearing a pair of a camo combat shorts and a black T-shirt with the slogan 'Rapist' emblazoned on the front. An incredible look.


>nods<

Bold move on his part.
User avatar
Deuteronomy
 
Posts: 16028
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:57 pm

Re: Clothing Wants and Purchases

Post by Disastrous @ Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:41 pm

Strawman wrote:I want a comedy bus now too, most of you get a seat on it.



It'll be stopping at Joke on Trent, if anyone needs to take a slash.
User avatar
Disastrous
Monkey Licker!
 
Posts: 38750
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:58 pm

Re: Clothing Wants and Purchases

Post by minimoog @ Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:43 pm

Strawman wrote:most



:narrows eyes:
User avatar
minimoog
 
Posts: 9027
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:03 am

Re: Clothing Wants and Purchases

Post by Strawman @ Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:47 pm

90% Moog, of course you get a seat.
User avatar
Strawman
 
Posts: 38278
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:50 pm
Location: insignificant next to the power of the force

Re: Clothing Wants and Purchases

Post by minimoog @ Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:51 pm

Strawman wrote:90% Moog, of course you get a seat.


Never doubted it Strawms. You were always one of the best ones.

:clicks safety back on:
User avatar
minimoog
 
Posts: 9027
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:03 am

Re: Clothing Wants and Purchases

Post by Deuteronomy @ Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:20 pm

Whatever happened to Piquet eh?

He had so much promise, training to be a doctor and then just went off the rails.

Probably curled up in a doorway in Swindon, needle marks covering his arms, sleeping rough.
User avatar
Deuteronomy
 
Posts: 16028
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:57 pm

Re: Clothing Wants and Purchases

Post by Strawman @ Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:28 pm

He bummed around for a bit after leaving his studies, then got a job, then stopped posting on here. Also Stuart, now he's in a new job he doesn't seem to post much at the moment.
User avatar
Strawman
 
Posts: 38278
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:50 pm
Location: insignificant next to the power of the force

Re: Clothing Wants and Purchases

Post by Disastrous @ Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:31 pm

'Pneumonia' that finally took him, wasn't it?
User avatar
Disastrous
Monkey Licker!
 
Posts: 38750
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:58 pm

Re: Clothing Wants and Purchases

Post by Deuteronomy @ Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:56 pm

Disastrous wrote:'Pneumonia' that finally took him, wasn't it?


Yes, I think he contracted the AIDS from a dirty needle, after that it was just a matter of time really. Still, tough news to pass to his mother, so sad.
User avatar
Deuteronomy
 
Posts: 16028
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:57 pm

Re: Clothing Wants and Purchases

Post by moleamol @ Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:24 pm

She probably didn't care that's the sad news you horrible bully.
User avatar
moleamol
CTF Site Moderator & Tech Support
CTF Site Moderator & Tech Support
 
Posts: 11208
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:19 pm
Location: Wigwam

Re: Clothing Wants and Purchases

Post by Hooli @ Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:23 pm

Strawman wrote:I want a comedy bus now too, most of you get a seat on it.


What flavour windows?
Last edited by Hooli on Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hooli
Turtle Rubber
 
Posts: 19568
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:04 pm
Location: The 1950s

Re: Clothing Wants and Purchases

Post by Il Duce @ Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:26 pm

Hooli wrote:
Strawman wrote:I want a comedy bus now too, most of you get a seat on it.


What flavour windows?


You're not kidding either...
You only wrote 3 words but you still had to edit it.
Il Duce
Italian Person
Italian Person
 
Posts: 11854
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:08 am

Re: Clothing Wants and Purchases

Post by Hooli @ Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:27 pm

Il Duce wrote:
Hooli wrote:
Strawman wrote:I want a comedy bus now too, most of you get a seat on it.


What flavour windows?


You're not kidding either...
You only wrote 3 words but you still had to edit it.


T'was but a typo.
Hooli
Turtle Rubber
 
Posts: 19568
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:04 pm
Location: The 1950s

Re: Clothing Wants and Purchases

Post by Il Duce @ Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:40 pm

Hooli wrote:
Il Duce wrote:
Hooli wrote:
Strawman wrote:I want a comedy bus now too, most of you get a seat on it.


What flavour windows?


You're not kidding either...
You only wrote 3 words but you still had to edit it.


T'was but a typo.


You mean 'twas.
Il Duce
Italian Person
Italian Person
 
Posts: 11854
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:08 am

Re: Clothing Wants and Purchases

Post by Disastrous @ Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:27 am

I've just ordered this from The States:

Image

I want it to become a jacket I wear on these fictional cooling Autumnal days Scotland doesn't get, where it's too warm for a proper coat but might shower a bit.

In other news, Belstaff VS Barbour.

I got a Belstaff Roadmaster quite a while ago now, say 7ish years. It's pretty fcuked now and I need to send it back to Bellend to get it fixed up. I've worn through the cuffs, and the lining in several places (I should have not gone to those places, hahahaha) but I'm sort of loathe to chuck much at it to repair it as I have a sixth sense that Bellend will make the repair a good couple of hundred because money grabbing shits.

By contrast, I got a Barbour Ursula, say 5ish years ago. It is the sturdiest thing ever and looks brand new, except having moulded and broken in a bit. It looks exactly how I'd want it to look actually and I'm very impressed with how well it's lasted.

So are Barbour much better than Belstaff these days? I thought they'd kind of both gone to fashion a bit, but the Barbour is definitely the one I'd rather fall off my bike wearing...
User avatar
Disastrous
Monkey Licker!
 
Posts: 38750
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:58 pm

Re: Clothing Wants and Purchases

Post by desertweasel @ Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:32 am

So are Barbour much better than Belstaff these days? I thought they'd kind of both gone to fashion a bit, but the Barbour is definitely the one I'd rather fall off my bike wearing...


I think there are two separate ranges with the cheaper Barbours definitely fashion items but the heavier jackets are still available though roughly double the cost
desertweasel
 
Posts: 571
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:11 pm
Location: Portugal

Re: Clothing Wants and Purchases

Post by Il Duce @ Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:41 am

Disastrous wrote: I got a Barbour Ursula,


Umm...

The Ursula collection is inspired by the original Barbour Ursula jacket of 1937, which was commissioned by Captain George Phillips of HMS Ursula and soon became standard issue for Britain’s submariners during WWII.

A delightful collection of heavy duty, robust, yet elegant jackets and knitwear, the collection expertly combines a military influence with a feminine edge
Il Duce
Italian Person
Italian Person
 
Posts: 11854
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:08 am

Re: Clothing Wants and Purchases

Post by CJ+ @ Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:44 am

Il Duce wrote:
Disastrous wrote: I got a Barbour Ursula,


Umm...

The Ursula collection is inspired by the original Barbour Ursula jacket of 1937, which was commissioned by Captain George Phillips of HMS Ursula and soon became standard issue for Britain’s submariners during WWII.

A delightful collection of heavy duty, robust, yet elegant jackets and knitwear, the collection expertly combines a military influence with a feminine edge

Jesus. Stop being so terrified of your inner woman.
User avatar
CJ+
 
Posts: 15644
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:39 pm
Location: Lave Orbital Station
Highscores: 1

Re: Clothing Wants and Purchases

Post by Disastrous @ Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:44 am

desertweasel wrote:
So are Barbour much better than Belstaff these days? I thought they'd kind of both gone to fashion a bit, but the Barbour is definitely the one I'd rather fall off my bike wearing...


I think there are two separate ranges with the cheaper Barbours definitely fashion items but the heavier jackets are still available though roughly double the cost



That's Belstaff, innit? Their 'Pure Motorcycle' range that you can buy in bike shops...Still doesn't convince when I've looked at a few though.
User avatar
Disastrous
Monkey Licker!
 
Posts: 38750
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:58 pm

Re: Clothing Wants and Purchases

Post by Il Duce @ Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:48 am

CJ+ wrote:
Il Duce wrote:
Disastrous wrote: I got a Barbour Ursula,


Umm...

The Ursula collection is inspired by the original Barbour Ursula jacket of 1937, which was commissioned by Captain George Phillips of HMS Ursula and soon became standard issue for Britain’s submariners during WWII.

A delightful collection of heavy duty, robust, yet elegant jackets and knitwear, the collection expertly combines a military influence with a feminine edge

Jesus. Stop being so terrified of your inner woman.


I've seen what happened when yours managed to escape.
Il Duce
Italian Person
Italian Person
 
Posts: 11854
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:08 am

Re: Clothing Wants and Purchases

Post by CJ+ @ Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:50 am

Il Duce wrote:
CJ+ wrote:
Il Duce wrote:
Disastrous wrote: I got a Barbour Ursula,


Umm...

The Ursula collection is inspired by the original Barbour Ursula jacket of 1937, which was commissioned by Captain George Phillips of HMS Ursula and soon became standard issue for Britain’s submariners during WWII.

A delightful collection of heavy duty, robust, yet elegant jackets and knitwear, the collection expertly combines a military influence with a feminine edge

Jesus. Stop being so terrified of your inner woman.

I've seen what happened when yours managed to escape.

You have? Do tell.
User avatar
CJ+
 
Posts: 15644
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:39 pm
Location: Lave Orbital Station
Highscores: 1

Re: Clothing Wants and Purchases

Post by Il Duce @ Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:58 am

CJ+ wrote:
Il Duce wrote:
CJ+ wrote:
Il Duce wrote:
Disastrous wrote: I got a Barbour Ursula,


Umm...

The Ursula collection is inspired by the original Barbour Ursula jacket of 1937, which was commissioned by Captain George Phillips of HMS Ursula and soon became standard issue for Britain’s submariners during WWII.

A delightful collection of heavy duty, robust, yet elegant jackets and knitwear, the collection expertly combines a military influence with a feminine edge

Jesus. Stop being so terrified of your inner woman.

I've seen what happened when yours managed to escape.

You have? Do tell.


Look down. Your nipples are leaking milk.
Il Duce
Italian Person
Italian Person
 
Posts: 11854
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:08 am

Re: Clothing Wants and Purchases

Post by CJ+ @ Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:40 am

Il Duce wrote:
CJ+ wrote:
Il Duce wrote:
CJ+ wrote:
Il Duce wrote:
Disastrous wrote: I got a Barbour Ursula,


Umm...

The Ursula collection is inspired by the original Barbour Ursula jacket of 1937, which was commissioned by Captain George Phillips of HMS Ursula and soon became standard issue for Britain’s submariners during WWII.

A delightful collection of heavy duty, robust, yet elegant jackets and knitwear, the collection expertly combines a military influence with a feminine edge

Jesus. Stop being so terrified of your inner woman.

I've seen what happened when yours managed to escape.

You have? Do tell.

Look down. Your nipples are leaking milk.

Why are you looking at my nipples?
User avatar
CJ+
 
Posts: 15644
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:39 pm
Location: Lave Orbital Station
Highscores: 1

Re: Clothing Wants and Purchases

Post by Il Duce @ Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:45 am

CJ+ wrote:
Il Duce wrote:
CJ+ wrote:
Il Duce wrote:
CJ+ wrote:
Il Duce wrote:
Disastrous wrote: I got a Barbour Ursula,


Umm...

The Ursula collection is inspired by the original Barbour Ursula jacket of 1937, which was commissioned by Captain George Phillips of HMS Ursula and soon became standard issue for Britain’s submariners during WWII.

A delightful collection of heavy duty, robust, yet elegant jackets and knitwear, the collection expertly combines a military influence with a feminine edge

Jesus. Stop being so terrified of your inner woman.

I've seen what happened when yours managed to escape.

You have? Do tell.

Look down. Your nipples are leaking milk.

Why are you looking at my nipples?


You are sat on the bonnet of my car with them pressed against the windscreen.
Even turning on the wipers hasn't dislodged you.
Il Duce
Italian Person
Italian Person
 
Posts: 11854
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:08 am

Re: Clothing Wants and Purchases

Post by CJ+ @ Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:56 am

Il Duce wrote:
CJ+ wrote:
Il Duce wrote:
CJ+ wrote:
Il Duce wrote:
CJ+ wrote:
Il Duce wrote:
Disastrous wrote: I got a Barbour Ursula,


Umm...

The Ursula collection is inspired by the original Barbour Ursula jacket of 1937, which was commissioned by Captain George Phillips of HMS Ursula and soon became standard issue for Britain’s submariners during WWII.

A delightful collection of heavy duty, robust, yet elegant jackets and knitwear, the collection expertly combines a military influence with a feminine edge

Jesus. Stop being so terrified of your inner woman.

I've seen what happened when yours managed to escape.

You have? Do tell.

Look down. Your nipples are leaking milk.

Why are you looking at my nipples?


You are sat on the bonnet of my car with them pressed against the windscreen.
Even turning on the wipers hasn't dislodged you.

fcuk sake. That's what you ordered. Don't blame me because you can't properly connect what's in your head with what you say on the phone.

I even recorded the call:

ID: Its-a me! Can I-a have a man on-a my car? >waves hands< Si, all nakedy-bare! With-a the sexy nipples on-a the glass! There's lovely, boyo.
CJ: The customer's always right! On my way!
User avatar
CJ+
 
Posts: 15644
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:39 pm
Location: Lave Orbital Station
Highscores: 1

Re: Clothing Wants and Purchases

Post by Il Duce @ Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:59 am

CJ+ wrote:
Il Duce wrote:
CJ+ wrote:
Il Duce wrote:
CJ+ wrote:
Il Duce wrote:
CJ+ wrote:
Il Duce wrote:
Disastrous wrote: I got a Barbour Ursula,


Umm...

The Ursula collection is inspired by the original Barbour Ursula jacket of 1937, which was commissioned by Captain George Phillips of HMS Ursula and soon became standard issue for Britain’s submariners during WWII.

A delightful collection of heavy duty, robust, yet elegant jackets and knitwear, the collection expertly combines a military influence with a feminine edge

Jesus. Stop being so terrified of your inner woman.

I've seen what happened when yours managed to escape.

You have? Do tell.

Look down. Your nipples are leaking milk.

Why are you looking at my nipples?


You are sat on the bonnet of my car with them pressed against the windscreen.
Even turning on the wipers hasn't dislodged you.

fcuk sake. That's what you ordered. Don't blame me because you can't properly connect what's in your head with what you say on the phone.

I even recorded the call:

ID: Its-a me! Can I-a have a man on-a my car? >waves hands< Si, all nakedy-bare! With-a the sexy nipples on-a the glass! There's lovely, boyo.
CJ: The customer's always right! On my way!


Laugh.

But reported for massive racism.

And I've opened a case with Paypal.
Il Duce
Italian Person
Italian Person
 
Posts: 11854
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:08 am

Re: Clothing Wants and Purchases

Post by span @ Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:02 am

CJ+ wrote:ID: Its-a me! Can I-a have a man on-a my car? >waves hands< Si, all nakedy-bare! With-a the sexy nipples on-a the glass! There's lovely, boyo.
CJ: The customer's always right! On my way!

Laugh!
User avatar
span
 
Posts: 6291
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:14 pm

Re: Clothing Wants and Purchases

Post by Il Duce @ Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:20 pm

span wrote:
CJ+ wrote:ID: Its-a me! Can I-a have a SPAN on-a my car? >waves hands< Si, all nakedy-bare! With-a the sexy nipples on-a the glass! There's lovely, boyo.
CJ: The customer's always right! On my way!

Laugh!



Don't laugh Spango, I thought I was calling you when I left that message.
Il Duce
Italian Person
Italian Person
 
Posts: 11854
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:08 am

Re: Clothing Wants and Purchases

Post by moleamol @ Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:04 pm

Disastrous wrote:So are Barbour much better than Belstaff these days? I thought they'd kind of both gone to fashion a bit, but the Barbour is definitely the one I'd rather fall off my bike wearing...

I'm not sure about bikey jackets but with walking stuff The North Face just went all fashion and a bit shit, or a lot shit for the price. Karrimor back in the day were ace but then that cnut Sports Direct chap bought the brand and now they are shit too.

I said all that but didn't answer your question at all.
User avatar
moleamol
CTF Site Moderator & Tech Support
CTF Site Moderator & Tech Support
 
Posts: 11208
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:19 pm
Location: Wigwam

Re: Clothing Wants and Purchases

Post by Deuteronomy @ Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:29 pm

moleamol wrote:
Disastrous wrote:So are Barbour much better than Belstaff these days? I thought they'd kind of both gone to fashion a bit, but the Barbour is definitely the one I'd rather fall off my bike wearing...

I'm not sure about bikey jackets but with walking stuff The North Face just went all fashion and a bit shit, or a lot shit for the price. Karrimor back in the day were ace but then that cnut Sports Direct chap bought the brand and now they are shit too.

I said all that but didn't answer your question at all.


TNF's top end stuff is still good IMO and their 'fashion stuff' seems to have got better in the last year or so in terms of being out-doors again.
User avatar
Deuteronomy
 
Posts: 16028
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:57 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Houses and Blouses

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

yt
  Enable youtube titles