Re: Denim!

Post by Damien Thorn @ Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:22 pm

What are you, my wife?
Damien Thorn
Spamcop
Spamcop

Post by Strawman @ Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:31 pm

Imagine your wife had been playing the long game here Dammo, including inventing a plausible fictitious character and copying and pasting build threads from another forum, just to one day complain about your tardy DIY, totally worth it.
Strawman

Post by thekungfury @ Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:32 pm

Damien Thorn wrote:I've run up and down the stairs a few times in them and they are just exactly like thick jeans.

That surprises me. Mine were as malleable as the fabric used on a circus marquee. Squatting was difficult.

Mine are barely fading btw. They still look like smart jeans after a year.
thekungfury

Highscores: 1

Post by Damien Thorn @ Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:07 pm

thekungfury wrote:
Damien Thorn wrote:I've run up and down the stairs a few times in them and they are just exactly like thick jeans.

That surprises me. Mine were as malleable as the fabric used on a circus marquee. Squatting was difficult.

Mine are barely fading btw. They still look like smart jeans after a year.
Circus marquee/thick jeans. They almost stood up on their own when I took them off after first trying them. They just creased at shin height and fell down, but everything else was rigid.

They are hugely stiff and heavy, but they are still actually jeans. Not like armour or bionics or something.
Damien Thorn
Spamcop
Spamcop

Post by Damien Thorn @ Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:08 pm

Freddie wrote:
Damien Thorn wrote:They actually seem mostly fine!

I've tried them on and they fit really well. I asked for them to be hemmed to a 32" inseam, which UB do for free - and they've even for some reason included the bits they cut off to do so.

I've run up and down the stairs a few times in them and they are just exactly like thick jeans. I've cuffed the bottom of the leg with a single turnup and you can notice how thick the fabric is there because they're sort of rolled up rather than turned with a flat fold.

Also, when I put my hands in my pockets I scrapped my knuckles against the pocket seam where it's double thickness, so that's a bit ridiculous.

They're labelled as a 'skinny' fit, but their skinny is just a regular slim I think. The fabric is quite shiny due to the really close weave, but otherwise, fine.

Fit:

Stupid question from someone who buys 501s, is 32oz selvedge the heaviest?
I don't know of any 32oz ones Freddie, but if they exist they must surely be the heaviest denim you could wear!
Damien Thorn
Spamcop
Spamcop

Post by Freddie @ Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:30 pm

Damien Thorn wrote:
Freddie wrote:

I've tried them on and they fit really well. I asked for them to be hemmed to a 32" inseam, which UB do for free - and they've even for some reason included the bits they cut off to do so.

I've run up and down the stairs a few times in them and they are just exactly like thick jeans. I've cuffed the bottom of the leg with a single turnup and you can notice how thick the fabric is there because they're sort of rolled up rather than turned with a flat fold.

Also, when I put my hands in my pockets I scrapped my knuckles against the pocket seam where it's double thickness, so that's a bit ridiculous.

They're labelled as a 'skinny' fit, but their skinny is just a regular slim I think. The fabric is quite shiny due to the really close weave, but otherwise, fine.

Fit:

I don't know of any 32oz ones Freddie, but if they exist they must surely be the heaviest denim you could wear!

Just found these. www.nakedandfamousdenim.com/single-post ... EDGE-DENIM I think you should be our tester, DT.
Freddie
Herzogtum Preussen
Herzogtum Preussen

Post by Damien Thorn @ Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:37 pm

Freddie wrote:
Damien Thorn wrote:
Freddie wrote:

Fit:

Just found these. http://www.nakedandfamousdenim.com/sing ... EDGE-DENIM I think you should be our tester, DT.
Even creator Brandon Svarc gave them the tagline of “Guaranteed uncomfortable or your money back,” mocking anyone who thought themselves up to the task of taming these two-pound pants of insanity.

Rofl!
Damien Thorn
Spamcop
Spamcop

Post by Strawman @ Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:40 pm

The fabric is made using the thickest yarns sized 1 and 0.5 which is the same used to make heavy carpet or sailboat sails

Laugh
Strawman

Post by thekungfury @ Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:53 pm

Datho pop a piece of white paper in your back pocket for a few days.
thekungfury

Highscores: 1

Post by Damien Thorn @ Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:58 pm

thekungfury wrote:Datho pop a piece of white paper in your back pocket for a few days.
Installed!
Damien Thorn
Spamcop
Spamcop

Post by moleamol @ Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:10 pm

Damien Thorn wrote:
thekungfury wrote:Datho pop a piece of white paper in your back pocket for a few days.

Installed!

Why?
moleamol
CTF Site Moderator & Tech Support

Post by Damien Thorn @ Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:16 pm

moleamol wrote:
Damien Thorn wrote:

Installed!

Why?
To see how much and how fast the indigo comes off.
Damien Thorn
Spamcop
Spamcop

Post by moleamol @ Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:20 pm

Damien Thorn wrote:
moleamol wrote:
Damien Thorn wrote:

Installed!

Why?

I did think that but needed to check. My sense of complicated wearing of jeans was tingling again.
moleamol

Post by Damien Thorn @ Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:29 pm

moleamol wrote:
Damien Thorn wrote:
moleamol wrote:
Damien Thorn wrote:

Installed!

Why?

I did think that but needed to check. My sense of complicated wearing of jeans was tingling again.
Don't panic!

This is just for fun and not important in the overall buying jeans and wearing them long game.
Damien Thorn
Spamcop
Spamcop

Previous

Return to Houses and Blouses