Denim!

Crystal chandeliers, etc.

Re: Denim!

Post by Damien Thorn @ Sat May 12, 2018 9:39 am

I've got the UBs on again at the moment, so I thought I'd update some pics.

I've had them now since the beginning of July last year, with the amount they've been worn increasing as they go along - as they've become more and more comfortable.

So that's ten months now, and they haven't yet had a soak. Or a wash.

By I think I can see some fades happening anyway.
ImageImage
User avatar
Damien Thorn
Spamcop
Spamcop
 
Posts: 12725
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:24 am

Re: Denim!

Post by thekungfury @ Sat May 12, 2018 10:10 am

Good fades.

Mine are >checks back through thread< 2yrs old and haven’t faded anything like that. Some feint lines but otherwise they’d be called Smart Jeans.
User avatar
thekungfury
 
Posts: 34813
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:27 pm
Highscores: 1

Re: Denim!

Post by manfromdelmonte @ Sun May 13, 2018 12:27 pm

Nice build
manfromdelmonte
 
Posts: 659
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:34 pm

Re: Denim!

Post by Deuteronomy @ Mon May 14, 2018 10:37 am

Nice belt, I want one like that, just the right shade of tan.
User avatar
Deuteronomy
 
Posts: 16903
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:57 pm

Re: Denim!

Post by Turntable @ Mon May 14, 2018 10:44 am

Are those darker patches on them just dirt and grime?
I'm just grimacing slightly looking at those.
User avatar
Turntable
 
Posts: 31452
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:47 pm
Highscores: 7

Re: Denim!

Post by S1K @ Mon May 14, 2018 10:50 am

I believe the technical term is ingrained filth.
User avatar
S1K
 
Posts: 6044
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:10 pm

Re: Denim!

Post by thekungfury @ Mon May 14, 2018 11:06 am

Turntable wrote:Are those darker patches on them just dirt and grime?
I'm just grimacing slightly looking at those.

The dark bits are the original colour of the denim. I think Datho has upped the contrast a bit to highlight the fades more so they’re darker on screen than irl.
User avatar
thekungfury
 
Posts: 34813
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:27 pm
Highscores: 1

Re: Denim!

Post by Damien Thorn @ Mon May 14, 2018 11:40 am

thekungfury wrote:
Turntable wrote:Are those darker patches on them just dirt and grime?
I'm just grimacing slightly looking at those.

The dark bits are the original colour of the denim. I think Datho has upped the contrast a bit to highlight the fades more so they’re darker on screen than irl.
Yes.
User avatar
Damien Thorn
Spamcop
Spamcop
 
Posts: 12725
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:24 am

Re: Denim!

Post by Damien Thorn @ Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:34 pm

Right, I've been wearing black jeans for the last few weeks. Black twill jeans, so solid black black, rather than that sixth-form grey-ey black from the nineties. I really like them, and they let me wear all sorts of things that are suddenly elevated to slightly-more smartness because my jeans aren't blue denim. Hype and fan!
User avatar
Damien Thorn
Spamcop
Spamcop
 
Posts: 12725
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:24 am

Re: Denim!

Post by Deuteronomy @ Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:34 am

Damien Thorn wrote:Right, I've been wearing black jeans for the last few weeks. Black twill jeans, so solid black black, rather than that sixth-form grey-ey black from the nineties. I really like them, and they let me wear all sorts of things that are suddenly elevated to slightly-more smartness because my jeans aren't blue denim. Hype and fan!


What shoes do you pair them with?

Shoes often let black denim down.
User avatar
Deuteronomy
 
Posts: 16903
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:57 pm

Re: Denim!

Post by Damien Thorn @ Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:05 am

A range of things. I have some beige suede desert boots, some tan leather brogues and some battered old tan work boots. I tend not to wear black shoes or boots with them (although I've got some (again battered old) black military-type boots I could wear in a pinch). Certainly never trainers.
User avatar
Damien Thorn
Spamcop
Spamcop
 
Posts: 12725
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:24 am

Previous

Return to Houses and Blouses

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

yt
  Enable youtube titles