Clothing Wants and Purchases

Crystal chandeliers, etc.

Re: Clothing Wants and Purchases

Post by Tokyo Sexwale @ Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:08 pm

Deuteronomy wrote:
moleamol wrote:
Disastrous wrote:So are Barbour much better than Belstaff these days? I thought they'd kind of both gone to fashion a bit, but the Barbour is definitely the one I'd rather fall off my bike wearing...

I'm not sure about bikey jackets but with walking stuff The North Face just went all fashion and a bit shit, or a lot shit for the price. Karrimor back in the day were ace but then that cnut Sports Direct chap bought the brand and now they are shit too.

I said all that but didn't answer your question at all.


TNF's top end stuff is still good IMO and their 'fashion stuff' seems to have got better in the last year or so in terms of being out-doors again.

Yeah I don't really get the TNF went downhill thing that seems to get mentioned on the internet. I've bought their stuff for ages and it's always been good (enough for me). It is much worse than Rab, ME, Marmot, A'R'C' T'e'r'y'x etc?
User avatar
Tokyo Sexwale
 
Posts: 48557
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:14 pm

Re: Clothing Wants and Purchases

Post by Käsemeister @ Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:35 pm

TNF, LoweA, berghaus and others went after the high street. The others didn't. ME and Arcteryx seem to be doing the same now, only ten years late.
User avatar
Käsemeister
 
Posts: 36825
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:24 pm
Location: Hanging on in quiet desperation.

Re: Clothing Wants and Purchases

Post by Deuteronomy @ Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:08 pm

Tokyo Sexwale wrote:
Deuteronomy wrote:
moleamol wrote:
Disastrous wrote:So are Barbour much better than Belstaff these days? I thought they'd kind of both gone to fashion a bit, but the Barbour is definitely the one I'd rather fall off my bike wearing...

I'm not sure about bikey jackets but with walking stuff The North Face just went all fashion and a bit shit, or a lot shit for the price. Karrimor back in the day were ace but then that cnut Sports Direct chap bought the brand and now they are shit too.

I said all that but didn't answer your question at all.


TNF's top end stuff is still good IMO and their 'fashion stuff' seems to have got better in the last year or so in terms of being out-doors again.

Yeah I don't really get the TNF went downhill thing that seems to get mentioned on the internet. I've bought their stuff for ages and it's always been good (enough for me). It is much worse than Rab, ME, Marmot, A'R'C' T'e'r'y'x etc?


It's a good question, to be honest I look at each item and it's individual merits of being shit or not.

I bought a couple of Rab mid layers last winter (I use them on their own, not layered, as I get so bastard hot) and they've been great so far.
User avatar
Deuteronomy
 
Posts: 16730
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:57 pm

Re: Clothing Wants and Purchases

Post by Strawman @ Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:14 pm

Disastrous wrote:I've just ordered this from The States:

Image

I want it to become a jacket I wear on these fictional cooling Autumnal days Scotland doesn't get, where it's too warm for a proper coat but might shower a bit.



I like this and finally remembered it reminded me of the one Henry Rollins wears in He never Died' LINK?

Image
User avatar
Strawman
 
Posts: 39001
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:50 pm
Location: insignificant next to the power of the force

Re: Clothing Wants and Purchases

Post by Damien Thorn @ Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:15 pm

I like the jacket very much Dis, and I like Henry Rollins and I liked He Never Died.

I just can't lose!
User avatar
Damien Thorn
Spamcop
Spamcop
 
Posts: 12537
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:24 am

Re: Clothing Wants and Purchases

Post by Me. @ Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:03 pm

I've now bought four pairs of these after the first two pairs were so good. These are AVG fleece lined work trousers from chinglong or changching or somewhere near. BUT....! The are fcuking brilliant! I wear them in pretty much any weather (unless it's over 20 degrees) and they remain comfortable. I used them all last winter without having to resort to thermals, they get covered in all sorts of crud and just wash clean again. The only stains are paint. But they really are some of the best purchases I've made in years. I work in a shitty ice cold barn come winter as some of you know.....zero heating, and they are great. £34 each or close incl shipping. Pockets everywhere, great fit. If you need cold weather longs, these are the nuts!

avg1.jpg
avg1.jpg (40.3 KiB) Viewed 1296 times
User avatar
Me.
 
Posts: 7396
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:32 pm
Location: Living the fcuking dream.

Re: Clothing Wants and Purchases

Post by Il Duce @ Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:36 am

In line with my Vespa obsession I have bought a parka.

Not any old parka.
An M-51 with wolverine fur trim but in black because I'm not that much of a sad dickhead.

Image

If my fit neighbour (the one who booted out her husband recently) will oblige I shall be re-enacting
the Leslie Ash and Jimmy scene from Quadrophenia in my garage.
If not I shall just sit on my scooter wearing it.
Il Duce
Italian Person
Italian Person
 
Posts: 12334
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:08 am
Location: Audi can fvck off

Re: Clothing Wants and Purchases

Post by NNK @ Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:14 am

Il Duce wrote:In line with my Vespa obsession I have bought a parka.

Not any old parka.
An M-51 with wolverine fur trim but in black because I'm not that much of a sad dickhead.

Image

.


My interest has been perked
NNK
 
Posts: 8112
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:54 pm
Location: NZ

Re: Clothing Wants and Purchases

Post by Turntable @ Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:18 am

Il Duce wrote:In line with my Vespa obsession I have bought a parka.

Not any old parka.
An M-51 with wolverine fur trim but in black because I'm not that much of a sad dickhead.

Image

If my fit neighbour (the one who booted out her husband recently) will oblige I shall be re-enacting
the Leslie Ash and Jimmy scene from Quadrophenia in my garage.
If not I shall just sit on my scooter wearing it.



That is godawful. Like something a wealthy 80 year old woman with an undeterminable foreign accent would wear whilst walking her lap dog around a park.
User avatar
Turntable
 
Posts: 31242
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:47 pm
Highscores: 7

Re: Clothing Wants and Purchases

Post by Strawman @ Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:31 am

Laugh
User avatar
Strawman
 
Posts: 39001
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:50 pm
Location: insignificant next to the power of the force

Re: Clothing Wants and Purchases

Post by span @ Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:35 am

:D

The children are right to mock you, ID. That is HORRENDOUS.
User avatar
span
 
Posts: 6683
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:14 pm

Re: Clothing Wants and Purchases

Post by CJ+ @ Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:38 am

Oh dear, ID.

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.
User avatar
CJ+
 
Posts: 16100
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:39 pm
Location: Lave Orbital Station
Highscores: 1

Re: Clothing Wants and Purchases

Post by Deuteronomy @ Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:54 am

Bloody hell ID, that is dreadful.
User avatar
Deuteronomy
 
Posts: 16730
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:57 pm

Re: Clothing Wants and Purchases

Post by Disastrous @ Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:55 am

Not even Paul Weller suits Paul Weller's hair - remember that ID!
User avatar
Disastrous
Monkey Licker!
 
Posts: 39043
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:58 pm

Re: Clothing Wants and Purchases

Post by Hooli @ Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:04 pm

Turntable wrote:
That is godawful. Like something a wealthy 80 year old woman with an undeterminable foreign accent would wear whilst walking her lap dog around a park.

:laugh:
Hooli
Turtle Rubber
 
Posts: 19568
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:04 pm
Location: The 1950s

Re: Clothing Wants and Purchases

Post by Il Duce @ Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:52 pm

I refuse to take sartorial advice from an old woman stalker, three idiots, a woman in flow, a scotch who wears women's jackets and a retardedcvnt.

The same sort of people mocked my choice of a white Porsche back in 2007.

Also it looks superb on me because of my slim physique plus my fur trim is not as big and the photo is shit.

AND I'm the only one on here that can make wearing sunglasses indoors look good.

#youknownothingitellyou#
Il Duce
Italian Person
Italian Person
 
Posts: 12334
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:08 am
Location: Audi can fvck off

Re: Clothing Wants and Purchases

Post by Il Duce @ Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:22 pm

AND I've reported you all for bullying.
Il Duce
Italian Person
Italian Person
 
Posts: 12334
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:08 am
Location: Audi can fvck off

Re: Clothing Wants and Purchases

Post by thekungfury @ Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:41 pm

Christ ID I thought your scooter was going to be a Rome lover, not a Brighton mod.
User avatar
thekungfury
 
Posts: 34425
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:27 pm
Highscores: 1

Re: Clothing Wants and Purchases

Post by Tokyo Sexwale @ Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:43 pm

Turntable wrote:
Il Duce wrote:In line with my Vespa obsession I have bought a parka.

Not any old parka.
An M-51 with wolverine fur trim but in black because I'm not that much of a sad dickhead.

Image

If my fit neighbour (the one who booted out her husband recently) will oblige I shall be re-enacting
the Leslie Ash and Jimmy scene from Quadrophenia in my garage.
If not I shall just sit on my scooter wearing it.



That is godawful. Like something a wealthy 80 year old woman with an undeterminable foreign accent would wear whilst walking her lap dog around a park.

Haha!!

Absolutely ridiculous!
User avatar
Tokyo Sexwale
 
Posts: 48557
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:14 pm

Re: Clothing Wants and Purchases

Post by Il Duce @ Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:20 pm

thekungfury wrote:Christ ID I thought your scooter was going to be a Rome lover, not a Brighton mod.


I have two scooters. I can do both.
Il Duce
Italian Person
Italian Person
 
Posts: 12334
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:08 am
Location: Audi can fvck off

Re: Clothing Wants and Purchases

Post by Il Duce @ Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:20 pm

Tokyo Sexwale wrote:
Turntable wrote:
Il Duce wrote:In line with my Vespa obsession I have bought a parka.

Not any old parka.
An M-51 with wolverine fur trim but in black because I'm not that much of a sad dickhead.

Image

If my fit neighbour (the one who booted out her husband recently) will oblige I shall be re-enacting
the Leslie Ash and Jimmy scene from Quadrophenia in my garage.
If not I shall just sit on my scooter wearing it.



That is godawful. Like something a wealthy 80 year old woman with an undeterminable foreign accent would wear whilst walking her lap dog around a park.

Haha!!

Absolutely ridiculous!


I know. Who the hell walks a lap dog?
Il Duce
Italian Person
Italian Person
 
Posts: 12334
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:08 am
Location: Audi can fvck off

Re: Clothing Wants and Purchases

Post by CJ+ @ Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:24 pm

Even pretend dogs need exercise, ID.
User avatar
CJ+
 
Posts: 16100
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:39 pm
Location: Lave Orbital Station
Highscores: 1

Re: Clothing Wants and Purchases

Post by moleamol @ Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:24 pm

Il Duce wrote:AND I've reported you all for bullying.

After reviewing your report CTF has decided that coat is fcuking horrid and on a man your age it will just look worse. I believe the consensus (my view) was get a fcuking grip. Jesus ID >shakes head<. That was Jesus shaking his head.
User avatar
moleamol
CTF Site Moderator & Tech Support
CTF Site Moderator & Tech Support
 
Posts: 11317
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:19 pm
Location: Wigwam

Re: Clothing Wants and Purchases

Post by Il Duce @ Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:14 pm

moleamol wrote:
Il Duce wrote:AND I've reported you all for bullying.

After reviewing your report CTF has decided that coat is fcuking horrid and on a man your age it will just look worse. I believe the consensus (my view) was get a fcuking grip. Jesus ID >shakes head<. That was Jesus shaking his head.


Tut. The thing is I don't look my age. I look much younger plus I have natural Italian flair, and style.
Verdict: I'm keeping it. I'm wearing it. I shall look superb.
Il Duce
Italian Person
Italian Person
 
Posts: 12334
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:08 am
Location: Audi can fvck off

Re: Clothing Wants and Purchases

Post by Strawman @ Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:17 pm

Photo or it didn't happen.
User avatar
Strawman
 
Posts: 39001
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:50 pm
Location: insignificant next to the power of the force

Re: Clothing Wants and Purchases

Post by Il Duce @ Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:28 pm

Strawman wrote:Photo or it didn't happen.



Image
Il Duce
Italian Person
Italian Person
 
Posts: 12334
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:08 am
Location: Audi can fvck off

Re: Clothing Wants and Purchases

Post by Strawman @ Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:41 pm

Can't see the wolverine fur trim in that photo, also greyscale suggests olive green not black :scratchchin:
User avatar
Strawman
 
Posts: 39001
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:50 pm
Location: insignificant next to the power of the force

Re: Clothing Wants and Purchases

Post by Disastrous @ Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:50 pm

Also, still looks shit!
User avatar
Disastrous
Monkey Licker!
 
Posts: 39043
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:58 pm

Re: Clothing Wants and Purchases

Post by Hooli @ Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:10 pm

Il Duce wrote:Tut. The thing is I don't look my age.


Handy that, as a parka would look shit(ter) on a decomposing corpse.
Hooli
Turtle Rubber
 
Posts: 19568
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:04 pm
Location: The 1950s

Re: Clothing Wants and Purchases

Post by Il Duce @ Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:21 am

Disastrous wrote:Also, still looks shit!


Is it not feminine enough for you Disette?
Il Duce
Italian Person
Italian Person
 
Posts: 12334
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:08 am
Location: Audi can fvck off

PreviousNext

Return to Houses and Blouses

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

yt
  Enable youtube titles