Clothing Wants and Purchases

Crystal chandeliers, etc.

Re: Clothing Wants and Purchases

Post by HappyGoLucky @ Mon May 16, 2016 1:04 am

I just bought some of these on a whim.

Image
Sperry Topsider CVO's

Really liking the fit n feel of them.
User avatar
HappyGoLucky
 
Posts: 5385
Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 9:13 am
Location: Lost in my own little world!
Highscores: 3

Re: Clothing Wants and Purchases

Post by Tokyo Sexwale @ Mon May 16, 2016 6:44 am

HappyGoLucky wrote:I just bought some of these on a whim.

Image
Sperry Topsider CVO's

Really liking the fit n feel of them.

Like. May copy.
User avatar
Tokyo Sexwale
 
Posts: 48187
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:14 pm

Re: Clothing Wants and Purchases

Post by moleamol @ Mon May 16, 2016 6:54 am

I got some of these the other day because my feet were too warm. £15 and they are comfortable and look ok with shorts.

Image
User avatar
moleamol
CTF Site Moderator & Tech Support
CTF Site Moderator & Tech Support
 
Posts: 10908
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:19 pm
Location: Wigwam

Re: Clothing Wants and Purchases

Post by thekungfury @ Mon May 16, 2016 8:48 am

HappyGoLucky wrote:Image

You know that bit which loops through the tongue? I've never felt the need to use one of those. Are they for the cool kids who don't do up their laces?
User avatar
thekungfury
 
Posts: 33024
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:27 pm
Highscores: 1

Re: Clothing Wants and Purchases

Post by Damien Thorn @ Mon May 16, 2016 8:55 am

thekungfury wrote:
HappyGoLucky wrote:Image

You know that bit which loops through the tongue? I've never felt the need to use one of those. Are they for the cool kids who don't do up their laces?

I've used them on boots. It stops the tongue going down inside when you jam your foot in.
User avatar
Damien Thorn
Spamcop
Spamcop
 
Posts: 11499
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:24 am

Re: Clothing Wants and Purchases

Post by Damien Thorn @ Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:57 pm

Today I have discovered the Barbour Mira jacket. I well heart a Barb, as you all know, and this is a new release (essentially) of the old Barbour Ursula jacket (the best jacket they did). Only from Selfridges, and only for £279 - which makes it a difficult whim-purchase right at the moment, irritatingly.

Image
User avatar
Damien Thorn
Spamcop
Spamcop
 
Posts: 11499
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:24 am

Re: Clothing Wants and Purchases

Post by Käsemeister @ Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:03 pm

That just needs faux-fur trim and then you could carry your thermos with pride.
User avatar
Käsemeister
 
Posts: 36101
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:24 pm
Location: Hanging on in quiet desperation.

Re: Clothing Wants and Purchases

Post by Il Duce @ Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:44 pm

It's averagely shit as it has no handwarmer pockets but is still much better than this spastic load of shrap:
Yes. A poem on the back of you Barbour biker jacket.

It should just say "cnut".

Image
User avatar
Il Duce
Italian Person
Italian Person
 
Posts: 11267
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:08 am

Re: Clothing Wants and Purchases

Post by CJ+ @ Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:42 pm

thekungfury wrote:
HappyGoLucky wrote:Image

You know that bit which loops through the tongue? I've never felt the need to use one of those. Are they for the cool kids who don't do up their laces?

Always use it. Otherwise the tongue always slips down to the left, but only ever on my left foot. Weird.
User avatar
CJ+
 
Posts: 15026
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:39 pm
Location: Lave Orbital Station
Highscores: 1

Re: Clothing Wants and Purchases

Post by Tokyo Sexwale @ Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:04 pm

CJ+ wrote:
thekungfury wrote:
HappyGoLucky wrote:Image

You know that bit which loops through the tongue? I've never felt the need to use one of those. Are they for the cool kids who don't do up their laces?

Always use it. Otherwise the tongue always slips down to the left, but only ever on my left foot. Weird.


Your Left Foot.
User avatar
Tokyo Sexwale
 
Posts: 48187
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:14 pm

Re: Clothing Wants and Purchases

Post by Damien Thorn @ Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:42 pm

Käsemeister wrote:That just needs faux-fur trim and then you could carry your thermos with pride.

Yes, because trainspotter types always wear historically-themed waxed cotton jackets.
User avatar
Damien Thorn
Spamcop
Spamcop
 
Posts: 11499
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:24 am

Re: Clothing Wants and Purchases

Post by Käsemeister @ Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:21 pm

You're clearly not hanging around on the right platforms.
User avatar
Käsemeister
 
Posts: 36101
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:24 pm
Location: Hanging on in quiet desperation.

Re: Clothing Wants and Purchases

Post by Damien Thorn @ Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:25 pm

Or any platforms.
User avatar
Damien Thorn
Spamcop
Spamcop
 
Posts: 11499
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:24 am

Re: Clothing Wants and Purchases

Post by thekungfury @ Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:39 pm

Would you wear it to go larping?
User avatar
thekungfury
 
Posts: 33024
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:27 pm
Highscores: 1

Re: Clothing Wants and Purchases

Post by Damien Thorn @ Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:23 pm

thekungfury wrote:Would you wear it to go larping?

If I had one I would wear it for all my pathetic endeavours. I might even take up LARPing just so I could wear it to that. Unfortunately, this month's coat/jacket budget got spunked on a new slim-fit peacoat this week, and so the Barbour Larping Thermos-clutcher is off the January list.
User avatar
Damien Thorn
Spamcop
Spamcop
 
Posts: 11499
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:24 am

Re: Clothing Wants and Purchases

Post by stuart @ Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:27 am

New jacket!

Image

Although its a bit lighter than it shows in the photo IRL.
User avatar
stuart
I know a front door when I see one
 
Posts: 17218
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:15 pm
Location: All up in your biznez!
Highscores: 2

Re: Clothing Wants and Purchases

Post by Turntable @ Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:42 pm

x
Last edited by Turntable on Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Turntable
 
Posts: 30324
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:47 pm
Highscores: 7

Re: Clothing Wants and Purchases

Post by Turntable @ Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:42 pm

Damien Thorn wrote:Today I have discovered the Barbour Mira jacket. I well heart a Barb, as you all know, and this is a new release (essentially) of the old Barbour Ursula jacket (the best jacket they did). Only from Selfridges, and only for £279 - which makes it a difficult whim-purchase right at the moment, irritatingly.

Image



DT that Barbour jacket is one of the worst jackets I have ever seen.
It has the neck of a homosexual, the belt of a paedophile and the irrelevant flappy shoulder bits of a cnut.
User avatar
Turntable
 
Posts: 30324
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:47 pm
Highscores: 7

Re: Clothing Wants and Purchases

Post by Turntable @ Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:46 pm

HappyGoLucky wrote:I just bought some of these on a whim.

Image
Sperry Topsider CVO's

Really liking the fit n feel of them.



I am genuinely as shallow as the following suggests:

I really liked those so I googled it and two factors mean that I instantly hated them.
First was that they were £22.
Second was that the first link was Sports Direct.

Either of the above made them impossible to consider but the combination of the two is pikey squared.
User avatar
Turntable
 
Posts: 30324
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:47 pm
Highscores: 7

Re: Clothing Wants and Purchases

Post by DI Burnside @ Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:51 pm

Turntable wrote:
Damien Thorn wrote:Today I have discovered the Barbour Mira jacket. I well heart a Barb, as you all know, and this is a new release (essentially) of the old Barbour Ursula jacket (the best jacket they did). Only from Selfridges, and only for £279 - which makes it a difficult whim-purchase right at the moment, irritatingly.

Image



DT that Barbour jacket is one of the worst jackets I have ever seen.
It has the neck of a homosexual, the belt of a paedophile and the irrelevant flappy shoulder bits of a cnut.


Maybe he got it cheap from the wardrobe department when they'd finished filming Robin Hood.
Last edited by DI Burnside on Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
DI Burnside
 
Posts: 16412
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:44 pm
Location: Beds
Highscores: 7

Re: Clothing Wants and Purchases

Post by Damien Thorn @ Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:03 pm

Turntable wrote:
Damien Thorn wrote:Today I have discovered the Barbour Mira jacket. I well heart a Barb, as you all know, and this is a new release (essentially) of the old Barbour Ursula jacket (the best jacket they did). Only from Selfridges, and only for £279 - which makes it a difficult whim-purchase right at the moment, irritatingly.

Image



DT that Barbour jacket is one of the worst jackets I have ever seen.
It has the neck of a homosexual, the belt of a paedophile and the irrelevant flappy shoulder bits of a cnut.


You have the neck of a homosexual, the belt of a paedophile and the irrelevant flappy face of a cnut!

PS: I haven't bought one of those and won't, and have strongly gone right off it. But nevertheless.
User avatar
Damien Thorn
Spamcop
Spamcop
 
Posts: 11499
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:24 am

Re: Clothing Wants and Purchases

Post by Turntable @ Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:41 pm

Damien Thorn wrote:PS: I haven't bought one of those and won't, and have strongly gone right off it. But nevertheless.


I realise you hadn't bought it or I would have been a bit more delicate.
I just had to hammer it home in case you still had an eye on it. I was terrified you would spend a lot of money on it and then suddenly realise.
User avatar
Turntable
 
Posts: 30324
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:47 pm
Highscores: 7

Re: Clothing Wants and Purchases

Post by Strawman @ Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:42 pm

Thought Tokyo might like one of these

Image
User avatar
Strawman
 
Posts: 37265
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:50 pm
Location: insignificant next to the power of the force

Re: Clothing Wants and Purchases

Post by Tokyo Sexwale @ Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:59 pm

There is a horrific amount of clothing like that out there strawms. Hopefully I'll never see it other than on a screen though, I can only imagine the horror show of a person who'd wear it.
User avatar
Tokyo Sexwale
 
Posts: 48187
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:14 pm

Re: Clothing Wants and Purchases

Post by Disastrous @ Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:24 pm

Tokyo Sexwale wrote:There is a horrific amount of clothing like that out there strawms. Hopefully I'll never see it other than on a screen though, I can only imagine the horror show of a person who'd wear it.



That reminds me of a diving T-Shirt that Facebook tried to advertise at me that said "Be nice to me - I know where to take you where you'll never be found...I'm a diver!"

I'm not making that sound shitter than it was. It was genuinely that clunky and shit and I thought that only the worst sort of cnut would wear one (and hopefully get nitrogen narcosis and take his kit off).
User avatar
Disastrous
Monkey Licker!
 
Posts: 38161
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:58 pm

Re: Clothing Wants and Purchases

Post by Disastrous @ Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:25 pm

That said, it would have been quite funny if it said:

"Drive safe...

...or I'll violently rape you whilst you're in a coma"

Or something.
User avatar
Disastrous
Monkey Licker!
 
Posts: 38161
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:58 pm

Re: Clothing Wants and Purchases

Post by Damien Thorn @ Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:26 pm

Disastrous wrote:
Tokyo Sexwale wrote:There is a horrific amount of clothing like that out there strawms. Hopefully I'll never see it other than on a screen though, I can only imagine the horror show of a person who'd wear it.



That reminds me of a diving T-Shirt that Facebook tried to advertise at me that said "Be nice to me - I know where to take you where you'll never be found...I'm a diver!"

I'm not making that sound shitter than it was. It was genuinely that clunky and shit and I thought that only the worst sort of cnut would wear one (and hopefully get nitrogen narcosis and take his kit off).

Haven't we unequivocally established over the years that wearing ANY t shirt with a joke slogan on it makes you a bellend? I think we have.
User avatar
Damien Thorn
Spamcop
Spamcop
 
Posts: 11499
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:24 am

Re: Clothing Wants and Purchases

Post by Disastrous @ Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:29 pm

Damien Thorn wrote:
Disastrous wrote:
Tokyo Sexwale wrote:There is a horrific amount of clothing like that out there strawms. Hopefully I'll never see it other than on a screen though, I can only imagine the horror show of a person who'd wear it.



That reminds me of a diving T-Shirt that Facebook tried to advertise at me that said "Be nice to me - I know where to take you where you'll never be found...I'm a diver!"

I'm not making that sound shitter than it was. It was genuinely that clunky and shit and I thought that only the worst sort of cnut would wear one (and hopefully get nitrogen narcosis and take his kit off).

Haven't we unequivocally established over the years that wearing ANY t shirt with a joke slogan on it makes you a bellend? I think we have.



We have, but I'm still reserving a special place on the comedy bus for the fat bald bloke with a beard and glasses I once saw in a trendy nightclub wearing a pair of a camo combat shorts and a black T-shirt with the slogan 'Rapist' emblazoned on the front. An incredible look.
User avatar
Disastrous
Monkey Licker!
 
Posts: 38161
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:58 pm

Re: Clothing Wants and Purchases

Post by Strawman @ Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:34 pm

I want a comedy bus now too, most of you get a seat on it.
User avatar
Strawman
 
Posts: 37265
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:50 pm
Location: insignificant next to the power of the force

Re: Clothing Wants and Purchases

Post by minimoog @ Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:38 pm

Tokyo Sexwale wrote:I can only imagine the horror show of a person who'd wear it.


In this instance, it's one of them.

:shudder:
User avatar
minimoog
 
Posts: 8754
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:03 am

PreviousNext

Return to Houses and Blouses

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest

yt
  Enable youtube titles