Autumn / Winter jackets & coats 2016

Crystal chandeliers, etc.

Re: Autumn / Winter jackets & coats 2016

Post by Greg66 @ Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:19 pm

Mine is Canadian. Rabbit fur and fox tail.

So not only made for proper cold weather, but not made by a bunch of depressive alcoholics.

Like your face.
Greg66

Post by moleamol @ Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:23 pm

Damien Thorn wrote:Nobody getting a special new coat for this Winter? I want to ofc, but don't have a bead on one yet.

I still fancy the 66 North parka I mentioned two ruddy years ago! It would till be too warm though and although it's been reduced again! They only have one size left unless the shops have stock.
moleamol
CTF Site Moderator & Tech Support

Post by Disastrous @ Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:25 pm

moleamol wrote:
Damien Thorn wrote:Nobody getting a special new coat for this Winter? I want to ofc, but don't have a bead on one yet.

I still fancy the 66 North parka I mentioned two ruddy years ago! It would till be too warm though and although it's been reduced again! They only have one size left unless the shops have stock.

I'd worry about buying from Blacks in case, you know, stolen...

>awkward silence<
Disastrous
Monkey Licker!

Post by Tokyo Sexwale @ Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:41 pm

I recently bought a really good north face soft shell. Not exciting but superb at being a north face soft shell.
Tokyo Sexwale

Post by Turntable @ Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:45 pm

What size is your goose TS?
Turntable

Highscores: 7

Post by Käsemeister @ Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:52 pm

Yes but you won't like it, being a coatvert and all. First new coat in a couple of years or so. Really pushing the boat out obviously.
Käsemeister

Post by Tokyo Sexwale @ Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:02 pm

Turntable wrote:What size is your goose TS?

I'll look next time I'm in the loft, think it's an XL.
Tokyo Sexwale

Post by Disastrous @ Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:05 pm

Turntable wrote:What size is your goose TS?

Foul/fowl.

Pervert!
Disastrous
Monkey Licker!

Post by Damien Thorn @ Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:09 pm

moleamol wrote:

There's definite blue steel going on in those pictures.
Damien Thorn
Spamcop
Spamcop

Post by moleamol @ Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:47 pm

Damien Thorn wrote:
moleamol wrote:

Haha! What a cnut. Luckily I tried it on in a real life shop and it looked amazing, on me.
moleamol

Post by Käsemeister @ Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:44 pm

moleamol wrote:
Damien Thorn wrote:
moleamol wrote:

Haha! What a cnut. Luckily I tried it on in a real life shop and it looked amazing, on me.

XXL only.

Understood.
Käsemeister

Post by moleamol @ Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:06 pm

I'm going to watch a rally next week in Cumbria. Unfortunately I don't have the right jacket, my down parka, though easily warm enough isn't waterproof. Any of the wool ones are probably neither warm enough and definitely not waterproof. And my layering systems are made for walking rather than standing watching cars go past. To this end I've ordered a cheap waxed jacket to see how I get on with them. It's twenty actual pounds, at full price. Is it going to explode or give me AIDS or something?
moleamol

Post by ttwiggy @ Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:11 pm

Surely you should be decked out in something bright blue with '555' all over it?
ttwiggy

Post by Turntable @ Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:12 pm

moleamol wrote:I'm going to watch a rally next week in Cumbria. Unfortunately I don't have the right jacket, my down parka, though easily warm enough isn't waterproof. Any of the wool ones are probably neither warm enough and definitely not waterproof. And my layering systems are made for walking rather than standing watching cars go past. To this end I've ordered a cheap waxed jacket to see how I get on with them. It's twenty actual pounds, at full price. Is it going to explode or give me AIDS or something?

I went to Scotchland a few years ago and forgot to take an outdoor coat. I saw a wax jacket in a garden centre for this same scarcely credible price of £20.
Quite unbelievably it is perfectly functional and has been my permanent fishing coat ever since. Other than it not being particularly warm, Ive yet to find any noticeable differences from human-priced wax jackets. I am oddly chuffed with it.
Turntable

Highscores: 7

Post by moleamol @ Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:16 pm

ttwiggy wrote:Surely you should be decked out in something bright blue with '555' all over it?

Not really because I'm just going to take my Godson and I don't think it would impress him that much. I'm certainly not getting up at 5AM on a Saturday, then standing in a forest for fun! And thanks for dampening my enthusiasm even more by making me realise what kind of cnuts will be there.
moleamol

Post by ttwiggy @ Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:17 pm

moleamol wrote:
ttwiggy wrote:Surely you should be decked out in something bright blue with '555' all over it?

Not really because I'm just going to take my Godson and I don't think it would impress him that much. I'm certainly not getting up at 5AM on a Saturday, then standing in a forest for fun! And thanks for dampening my enthusiasm even more by making me realise what kind of cnuts will be there.

Ha! Sorry.
ttwiggy

Post by moleamol @ Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:17 pm

Turntable wrote:
moleamol wrote:I'm going to watch a rally next week in Cumbria. Unfortunately I don't have the right jacket, my down parka, though easily warm enough isn't waterproof. Any of the wool ones are probably neither warm enough and definitely not waterproof. And my layering systems are made for walking rather than standing watching cars go past. To this end I've ordered a cheap waxed jacket to see how I get on with them. It's twenty actual pounds, at full price. Is it going to explode or give me AIDS or something?

I went to Scotchland a few years ago and forgot to take an outdoor coat. I saw a wax jacket in a garden centre for this same scarcely credible price of £20.
Quite unbelievably it is perfectly functional and has been my permanent fishing coat ever since. Other than it not being particularly warm, Ive yet to find any noticeable differences from human-priced wax jackets. I am oddly chuffed with it.

It's a company I've never heard of that seems on the face of it to be a traditional outdoor UK clothing company. So hopefully the same.
moleamol

Post by Disastrous @ Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:19 pm

moleamol wrote:
Turntable wrote:

It's a company I've never heard of that seems on the face of it to be a traditional outdoor UK clothing company. So hopefully the same.

Cotton Traders?
Disastrous
Monkey Licker!

Post by moleamol @ Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:26 pm

Disastrous wrote:
moleamol wrote:
Turntable wrote:

Cotton Traders?

No, as I've heard of Cotton Traders. It's these people. And I'd go as far as to say if it's any good I might even try a shirt.
moleamol

Post by ttwiggy @ Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:32 pm

I wish you hadn't linked that site! I now have the urge to deck myself out head-to-toe in tweed.
ttwiggy

Post by Disastrous @ Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:33 pm

moleamol wrote:
Disastrous wrote:
moleamol wrote:
Turntable wrote:

Cotton Traders?

No, as I've heard of Cotton Traders. It's these people. And I'd go as far as to say if it's any good I might even try a shirt.

Actually looks Grand. I'm sure my Barbour is just marketing.
Disastrous
Monkey Licker!

Post by ttwiggy @ Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:53 pm

Disastrous wrote:

I'm not impressed by my Barbour at all. Two winters in and the cuffs are fraying and the lining is looking saggy. The only boon is the furry 'snap-in' lining I have for it that makes it really warm. By contrast I've got a 16-year-old Belstaff that is just about at the 'patina of noble rot' stage.
ttwiggy

Post by Disastrous @ Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:01 pm

ttwiggy wrote:
Disastrous wrote:

I'm not impressed by my Barbour at all. Two winters in and the cuffs are fraying and the lining is looking saggy. The only boon is the furry 'snap-in' lining I have for it that makes it really warm. By contrast I've got a 16-year-old Belstaff that is just about at the 'patina of noble rot' stage.

Ha, my Belstaff is fcuked but my Barbour is utterly impermeable. It's passed the D-clothes destruction test.
Disastrous
Monkey Licker!

Post by ttwiggy @ Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:05 pm

Disastrous wrote:
ttwiggy wrote:
Disastrous wrote:

Ha, my Belstaff is fcuked but my Barbour is utterly impermeable. It's passed the D-clothes destruction test.

Maybe we 'challenge' them in different ways.
ttwiggy

Post by Disastrous @ Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:11 pm

ttwiggy wrote:
Disastrous wrote:
ttwiggy wrote:
Disastrous wrote:

Maybe we 'challenge' them in different ways.

I tried to use my Belstff as an 'about town' motorbike jacket (what with it being a motorbike jacket) but that seems to have fcuked it's delicate Italian construction.
Disastrous
Monkey Licker!

Post by ttwiggy @ Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:14 pm

Disastrous wrote:

I tried to use my Belstff as an 'about town' motorbike jacket (what with it being a motorbike jacket) but that seems to have fcuked it's delicate Italian construction.

Mine is quite old (circa 1999/2000) so maybe it's made of sterner stuff. More Roman than Italian perhaps?
ttwiggy

Post by Damien Thorn @ Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:20 pm

That jacket looks fantastic value moles. I'd try one myself if I didn't have a houseful of Barbours.
Damien Thorn
Spamcop
Spamcop

Post by Hooli @ Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:22 pm

moleamol wrote: It's these people.

Quite popular with the horsey crowd around here.
Hooli
Turtle Rubber

Post by moleamol @ Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:35 pm

Hooli wrote:
moleamol wrote: It's these people.

Quite popular with the horsey crowd around here.

Maybe it's ok then. I shall report back when when it arrives.
moleamol

Post by thekungfury @ Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:50 pm

How can that coat be produced and sold profitably for £20?

Look out for children's fingernails accidentally sewn into the seams.
thekungfury

Highscores: 1

PreviousNext

Return to Houses and Blouses