Some clothes

Crystal chandeliers, etc.

Some clothes

Post by Rod Rammage @ Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:17 am

Not worth a thread on its own, but HAVE YOU EVER WORN A JUMPER OVER YOUR SHOULDERS?
Rod Rammage

Re: Some clothes

Post by Deuteronomy @ Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:18 am

Rod Rammage wrote:Not worth a thread on its own, but HAVE YOU EVER WORN A JUMPER OVER YOUR SHOULDERS?

Back in the 80's - of fcuking course.
Deuteronomy

Post by Rod Rammage @ Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:20 am

Deuteronomy wrote:
Rod Rammage wrote:Not worth a thread on its own, but HAVE YOU EVER WORN A JUMPER OVER YOUR SHOULDERS?

Back in the 80's - of fcuking course.

Yes I suppose we all did.

I went to Lake Garda a few years ago with my "man friend" and did it, just for the thrill. I also wore linen trousers. Honestly I have never felt so alive. I have never told my wife about it, I don't think she'd understand.
Rod Rammage

Post by Piquet @ Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:28 am

Of course I have never done that!
Piquet

Highscores: 1

Post by Tokyo Sexwale @ Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:28 am

Rod Rammage wrote:Honestly I have never felt so alive.

laugh!
Tokyo Sexwale

Post by Timmy40 @ Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:30 am

For a long time I had an Italian gf, this meant frequent trips to Italy, AND whilst I'd never do such a thing in the UK, it seemed to right thing to do whilst strolling out on a Sunday afternoon in Milano. As did possessing and wearing a pair of orange cords. My previous gf was French, with her the natural thing seemed to be to tie her up and bum her. So I guess each Nation has slightly different views on what is acceptable attire and behaviour. When I Rome as they say, do as the Romans. Is that not so Rod?
Timmy40

Post by Rod Rammage @ Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:45 am

Timmy40 wrote:For a long time I had an Italian gf, this meant frequent trips to Italy, AND whilst I'd never do such a thing in the UK, it seemed to right thing to do whilst strolling out on a Sunday afternoon in Milano. As did possessing and wearing a pair of orange cords. My previous gf was French, with her the natural thing seemed to be to tie her up and bum her. So I guess each Nation has slightly different views on what is acceptable attire and behaviour. When I Rome as they say, do as the Romans. Is that not so Rod?

Of course Timmers. One wouldn't dream of wearing a jumper thusly in the UK - one would be torn limb from limb and rightly so. But of course in Italy it is perfectly acceptable to do it, carry a little clutch purse and suck other men's willies. ID will be along shortly to confirm this.
Rod Rammage

Post by Il Duce @ Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:49 am

Rod Rammage wrote:
Timmy40 wrote:For a long time I had an Italian gf, this meant frequent trips to Italy, AND whilst I'd never do such a thing in the UK, it seemed to right thing to do whilst strolling out on a Sunday afternoon in Milano. As did possessing and wearing a pair of orange cords. My previous gf was French, with her the natural thing seemed to be to tie her up and bum her. So I guess each Nation has slightly different views on what is acceptable attire and behaviour. When I Rome as they say, do as the Romans. Is that not so Rod?

Of course Timmers. One wouldn't dream of wearing a jumper thusly in the UK - one would be torn limb from limb and rightly so. But of course in Italy it is perfectly acceptable to do it, carry a little clutch purse and suck other men's willies. ID will be along shortly to confirm this.

Not the sucking of willies of course, or the clutch purse.

That aside, I think T40 has hacked into my diary and is passing off my past life experiences as his own.
FFS! Is nothing sacred?
Il Duce
Italian Person
Italian Person

Post by Damien Thorn @ Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:47 am

I broke out The Scarf for the first time this year at the weekend. I wore it again today. I have already knotted it in three different ways! I bloody love scarf!!
Damien Thorn
Spamcop
Spamcop

Post by Damien Thorn @ Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:47 pm

You know trench coats? What's that button-down panel for on the front of the shoulder?

Look, here:

although you can't see Clouseau's button.

Why?
Damien Thorn
Spamcop
Spamcop

Post by moleamol @ Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:53 pm

Damien Thorn wrote:I broke out The Scarf for the first time this year at the weekend. I wore it again today. I have already knotted it in three different ways! I bloody love scarf!!

What way are you wearing this year Damo? Incidentally, my new favourite scarf was from Sainsburys. It is lengthy enough to wear any way. I have also done 3 so far. Can anyone beat that?
moleamol
CTF Site Moderator & Tech Support

Post by Damien Thorn @ Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:05 pm

I've done only two scarving versions this a/w season thusfar.

This one (which is the obv everyday one!):

and this one:

although in these gifs this is clearly a LADY doing a LADY SCARF, the "techniques" remain the same. She does sixteen other ways of knotting in her gifdemos, some of which you might like to try moles.

I especially like that they had to make a video to explain the first method. FFS.

http://www.instyle.com/how-tos/how-to-tie-scarf-gifs

ps: does anyone else see her winking at me at the end of that gif? No? I bloody knew it!
Damien Thorn
Spamcop
Spamcop

Post by moleamol @ Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:15 pm

I find it even more perplexing that they needed one for the basic drape! That was one of my 3 but just for a short hop to another pub. My others have been what I agree is the everyday method and the toss, I think it would have to be proper cold to try your crazy loop!
moleamol

Post by Il Duce @ Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:23 pm

Damien Thorn wrote:You know trench coats? What's that button-down panel for on the front of the shoulder?

Look, here:

although you can't see Clouseau's button.

Why?

I think you push your right lapel over to the left of your neck and then bring the left lapel over to push under that flap making you watertight around your neck region. Someone English will be along to confirm/refute this later.
Il Duce
Italian Person
Italian Person

Post by Damien Thorn @ Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:40 pm

moleamol wrote:I find it even more perplexing that they needed one for the basic drape!

Yes, that's the one I meant. Ridic!

PS: the wraparound was when we went to a fireworks display with the children. Ordinarily it's a bit much if you've coated correctly.
Last edited by Damien Thorn on Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Damien Thorn
Spamcop
Spamcop

Post by spast1kunt @ Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:31 pm

Il Duce wrote:I think you push your right lapel over to the left of your neck and then bring the left lapel over to push under that flap making you watertight around your neck region. Someone English will be along to confirm/refute this later.

That's right. That's why it's there. No-one actually does this in 2016 of course, because in weather severe enough to require it they'd probably be wearing Gore-Tex or sitting in a car.

It's been a long time since I wore a sweater over my shoulders a l'homme du sport.

spast1kunt

Post by Darthdeathdealer @ Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:47 pm

I did once, it was a lahhh dee dahhh establishment, and there was some money to be mined. It worked, I looked like a fvcking nonce, but hey ho.
Darthdeathdealer

Post by Tokyo Sexwale @ Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:19 pm

Darthdeathdealer wrote:I did once, it was a lahhh dee dahhh establishment, and there was some money to be mined. It worked, I looked like a fvcking nonce, but hey ho.

Not that it's true anyway but hey ho.
Tokyo Sexwale

Post by Il Duce @ Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:33 am

Darthdeathdealer wrote: there was some money to be mined.

You can take the dwarf out of the mines...
Il Duce
Italian Person
Italian Person

Post by Damien Thorn @ Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:58 pm

moleamol wrote:
Damien Thorn wrote:I broke out The Scarf for the first time this year at the weekend. I wore it again today. I have already knotted it in three different ways! I bloody love scarf!!

What way are you wearing this year Damo? Incidentally, my new favourite scarf was from Sainsburys. It is lengthy enough to wear any way. I have also done 3 so far. Can anyone beat that?

OMGoodness! A scarf works so much more excellently with a beard. This is a Winter styling revelation!

Today I have been scarfing in combo with a mustard-toned parka AND BEARD. Hype!
Damien Thorn
Spamcop
Spamcop

Post by moleamol @ Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:13 pm

Damien Thorn wrote:
moleamol wrote:

OMGoodness! A scarf works so much more excellently with a beard. This is a Winter styling revelation!

I already had the beard, I will need to trim it soon as it is at full winter strength and if I'm not careful it will start looking 2016 hipster and nobody wants that. Also, I totally agree.
moleamol

Post by Dirk @ Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:31 am

Damien Thorn wrote:
moleamol wrote:

There is absolutely no doubt that a beard and scarf in combo sends a more powerful message. Question is which message?
Dirk

Highscores: 5

Post by spast1kunt @ Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:56 am

Dirk wrote:Image

Tea-Cosy Pete. He's dead now.
spast1kunt

Post by moleamol @ Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:52 am

Dirk wrote: Question is which message?

That you spent a lot of time Googling pictures of men and searching through them like some kind of WD?
moleamol

Post by Dirk @ Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:27 pm

moleamol wrote:

That you spent a lot of time Googling pictures of men and searching through them like some kind of WD?

All on the first page of googling beard & scarf. So thats the images you are portraying
Dirk

Highscores: 5

Post by moleamol @ Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:10 pm

Dirk wrote:
moleamol wrote:

All on the first page of googling beard & scarf. So thats the images you are portraying

It's not. And to be totally honest Dirk I'm pretty sure not many people will be taking fashion advice from your good self. Stuart, maybe?
moleamol

Return to Houses and Blouses