Re: Denim!

Post by Damien Thorn @ Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:29 pm

No need to apologise.
Damien Thorn
Spamcop
Spamcop

Post by Damien Thorn @ Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:12 pm

When I fell over in the road a few weeks ago, an area on the front of my jeans wore off onto the road - so I decided to get them repaired. I'm all about the artisanal fades and wear history, as you all know.

So I paid a little old man in town to do it and I've just picked them up. Result! They look terrific: not a totally invisible mend, but seemingly so to a casual viewer. And to me, a fitting memorial to what they've been through.

And by not throwing them away I am literally saving acres of Amazon rainforest by hand or something.
Last edited by Damien Thorn on Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Damien Thorn
Spamcop
Spamcop

Post by Strawman @ Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:27 pm

Flip did the area of skin behind the jeans get worn as well, if you were wearing thinner jeans would you now have a horrible scar?
Strawman

Post by Damien Thorn @ Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:32 pm

Strawman wrote:Flip did the area of skin behind the jeans get worn as well, if you were wearing thinner jeans would you now have a horrible scar?
They're Kevlar lined riding jeans, so my beautiful hide is unharmed. And there wasn't too much of a slide anyway, which is where the Kevlar would have really shone.
Damien Thorn
Spamcop
Spamcop

Post by Tokyo Sexwale @ Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:53 pm

Kevlar jeans are the best. Although I did go to a rider last night who’d probably broken his back...difficult to protect yourself against that. I was going to tell him about your accident but he was moaning too much.
Tokyo Sexwale

Post by Damien Thorn @ Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:06 pm

Tokyo Sexwale wrote:I did go to a rider last night who’d probably broken his back...difficult to protect yourself against that. I was going to tell him about your accident but he was moaning too much.

: (
Damien Thorn
Spamcop
Spamcop

Post by Damien Thorn @ Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:15 pm

As an aside, funny story: when I was in A&E they bunged me through a Cat scan - that's the doughnut one isn't it, not the tube? Anyway, I had to have some radioactive contrast dye injected into my hand before (fortunately the hand that wasn't on the broken side), "it will feel a bit warm", said the technician.

I think this is the finest example of spurious understatement I have ever heard, as what they proceeded to do was to forcibly inject seemingly several litres of molten lava through the cannula into my hand. I thought it would both melt and burst in a horrid explosion of red hot mess. It didn't of course, but it well hurt. Although the scan results did concern people. There was a lot of anxiety buzzing around the room; "have you got any medical inserts? Any metal or implants?" I do not.

Confusion filled the room until a wise doctor realised that I had been immobilised on a spinal board since the roadside, and he cautiously had a quick shufty underneath my torso. And there he found the broken off clutch lever of my motorbike jammed in under my ribs at the back. It was showing up through me on the scans and causing them all baffled concern.

We all had a good laugh about it (as much as I could laugh, semi-insensible and multiply smashed), until the doctor said they'd have to do another set of scans and I would need a second dose of the radioactive dye into my hand. Oh fcuk off!
Damien Thorn
Spamcop
Spamcop

Post by DI Burnside @ Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:25 pm

Good job it wasn't an MRI !
DI Burnside

Highscores: 7

Post by Damien Thorn @ Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:26 pm

laugh, yes!
Damien Thorn
Spamcop
Spamcop

Post by Il Duce @ Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:38 pm

I've had many CT scans because of my Aldi cancer and they always say I'm going to get hot all over and feel like I've pissed myself but I rarely get more than a slight warmth in my throat.

I have no idea why and neither do they. Perhaps after all the radiation I am now a superhero.
Espresso Man.
You only need one of him you tw@t!
Il Duce
Italian Person
Italian Person

Post by thekungfury @ Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:38 pm

I had a CT scan recently and the contrast dye (iodine I think?) gave me right wobble. At first it felt like a warm sensation going down my chest, like having a swig of whisky, but then I started to feel all peculiar. After the scan I swung my legs round off the bed and nearly fell off.

They helped me to a sofa and gave a cup of coffee and some Nice biscuits (the brand, also the adjective) and I stopped being a wuss.
thekungfury

Highscores: 1

Post by Il Duce @ Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:04 pm

thekungfury wrote:I had a CT scan recently and the contrast dye (iodine I think?) gave me right wobble. At first it felt like a warm sensation going down my chest, like having a swig of whisky, but then I started to feel all peculiar. After the scan I swung my legs round off the bed and nearly fell off.

They helped me to a sofa and gave a cup of coffee and some Nice biscuits (the brand, also the adjective) and I stopped being a wuss.

Wow! You're a scouse and they're generally tough due to poor weather, food, and proximity to Manchester so I really MUST be a superhero!
Il Duce
Italian Person
Italian Person

Post by Damien Thorn @ Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:22 pm

I don't know why it hurt* my hand so much then, if all of you didn't mind it. I literally thought my hand was going to detonate from the sheer burning pressure of it.

* it wasn't the most painful part of the experience though. That was when the Resus doctor told me I had to put my hand behind my head**, so he had room to make an incision between the ribs to insert the tube to drain the fluid from the collapsed lung.

** the hand connected to the arm which had an actual shattered collar bone. I had to put behind my head when the arm was just hanging limply by my side. "Well, that's not going to happen mate!" I told him.

It turns out it was, though.

And once the arm was out of the way and I was literally sweating with pain, I also didn't enjoy him seemingly burrowing his way into my thorax with his hands amongst the broken bits of ribs, to find the correct place to make the incision.
Last edited by Damien Thorn on Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Damien Thorn
Spamcop
Spamcop

Post by Strawman @ Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:32 pm

Cripes how did a lovely thread about clothing turn into a full on medical horrors one.
Strawman

Post by DI Burnside @ Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:35 pm

I don’t feel a thing when I have contrast die and I suspect I’ve had it a little bit more than you gays.
DI Burnside

Highscores: 7

Post by Damien Thorn @ Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:08 pm

Strawman wrote:Cripes how did a lovely thread about clothing turn into a full on medical horrors one.
Soz!

Any further revelations from me will be in The Doctor's Surgery, I promise
Damien Thorn
Spamcop
Spamcop

Post by Strawman @ Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:30 pm

I wasn't horrified really, well I was a bit, sorry you had to endure that,
Strawman

Post by thekungfury @ Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:04 pm

Il Duce wrote:You're a scouse

No I am fcuking not!

The furthest north I’ve lived is Royal Leamington Spa.
thekungfury

Highscores: 1

Post by Pigeon @ Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:09 pm

I've heard them say Italians are supposed to be hot-blooded but I didn't realise "hot" meant "radioactive".
Pigeon
CTF Technical Expert
CTF Technical Expert

Post by Il Duce @ Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:16 am

thekungfury wrote:
Il Duce wrote:You're a scouse

No I am fcuking not!

The furthest north I’ve lived is Royal Leamington Spa.

Apologies. I thought you used to have Kirby in your name.
Il Duce
Italian Person
Italian Person

Previous

Return to Houses and Blouses