Do you own any PURPLE clothes?

Crystal chandeliers, etc.

Do you own any PURPLE clothes?

Post by Rod Rammage @ Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:37 pm

Do you own any PURPLE clothes?

I do not because it is my WORST colour.

In my mind, it is a colour only worn by the worst sort of pervert.
User avatar
Rod Rammage
 
Posts: 26396
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:05 am

Re: Do you own any PURPLE clothes?

Post by Dirk @ Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:42 pm

Rod Rammage wrote:I do not because it is my WORST colour.

In my mind, it is a colour only worn by the worst sort of pervert.

Seems inconsistent, no?
User avatar
Dirk
 
Posts: 29581
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:03 pm
Highscores: 5

Re: Do you own any PURPLE clothes?

Post by Aesgarth @ Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:45 pm

I have a single pair of purple socks amd a single pair of purple boxers somewhere - both bought for me by someone else, someone who evidently thinks I'm a pervert of some sort. I don't actually know where said items are though, except that i am not wearing them.
Aesgarth
 
Posts: 4068
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:19 pm
Location: http://www.aesgarth.co.uk/uploader/
Highscores: 4

Re: Do you own any PURPLE clothes?

Post by Clown Ice Skater #4 @ Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:49 pm

I have a purple top.
User avatar
Clown Ice Skater #4
 
Posts: 2808
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:40 am
Location: Melos Station

Re: Do you own any PURPLE clothes?

Post by Rod Rammage @ Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:53 pm

Clown Ice Skater #4 wrote:I have a purple top.


Girls don't count.
User avatar
Rod Rammage
 
Posts: 26396
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:05 am

Re: Do you own any PURPLE clothes?

Post by Rod Rammage @ Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:53 pm

Rod Rammage wrote:
Clown Ice Skater #4 wrote:I have a purple top.


Girls don't count.


To clarify - purple is ok for girls.
User avatar
Rod Rammage
 
Posts: 26396
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:05 am

Re: Do you own any PURPLE clothes?

Post by Greg66 @ Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:01 pm

Hmm.

Image

Not seeing the attraction personally.

I wonder how fast that burns once you get a flame on it.
User avatar
Greg66
 
Posts: 2782
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:03 pm

Re: Do you own any PURPLE clothes?

Post by Turntable @ Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:01 pm

Purple is one of my favourite colours. 2 t shirts. 2 polo shirts 2 shirt shirts and a v neck jumper.
User avatar
Turntable
 
Posts: 30896
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:47 pm
Highscores: 7

Re: Do you own any PURPLE clothes?

Post by Cloggy @ Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:04 pm

Is n't purple \n alternative colour to wear instead of black at funerals?
User avatar
Cloggy
 
Posts: 7757
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:53 pm

Re: Do you own any PURPLE clothes?

Post by Rod Rammage @ Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:06 pm

Turntable wrote:Purple is one of my favourite colours. 2 t shirts. 2 polo shirts 2 shirt shirts and a v neck jumper.


Predictable.
User avatar
Rod Rammage
 
Posts: 26396
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:05 am

Re: Do you own any PURPLE clothes?

Post by ttwiggy @ Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:08 pm

Speaking as the Archbishop Desmond Tutu, I have an extensive purple wardrobe.
ttwiggy
 
Posts: 1553
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:54 pm

Re: Do you own any PURPLE clothes?

Post by Deuteronomy @ Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:55 pm

Turntable wrote:Purple is one of my favourite colours. 2 t shirts. 2 polo shirts 2 shirt shirts and a v neck jumper.


Vicki Vale: Mr. Turntable, you say such beautiful things. Oh, you're so powerful. And purple! Oh, I love purple.
User avatar
Deuteronomy
 
Posts: 16307
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:57 pm

Re: Do you own any PURPLE clothes?

Post by span @ Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:57 pm

Strikes me as a colour magicians would wear.
User avatar
span
 
Posts: 6430
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:14 pm

Re: Do you own any PURPLE clothes?

Post by Käsemeister @ Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:00 pm

Funny you should say that, once upon a time I had a deep purple dinner jacket. For performing
User avatar
Käsemeister
 
Posts: 36663
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:24 pm
Location: Hanging on in quiet desperation.

Re: Do you own any PURPLE clothes?

Post by Turntable @ Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:23 pm

This is all exactly why I wear purple.
FOr some inexplicable reason people are afraid of purple and yet it is just a normal colour, rendered pleasantly unusual by this odd fear of it.
I look fcuking awesome in purple, in if I WAS a magician I would probably be the world's first magician that did actual magic instead of trickery.
Anyone dissed my purple shirt and I would just look at them and a team of harpies would appear out of thin air and tear them to pieces. Or maybe chickens with piranhas mouths. Haven't decided yet.
User avatar
Turntable
 
Posts: 30896
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:47 pm
Highscores: 7

Re: Do you own any PURPLE clothes?

Post by Rod Rammage @ Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:25 pm

Turntable wrote:This is all exactly why I wear purple.
FOr some inexplicable reason people are afraid of purple and yet it is just a normal colour, rendered pleasantly unusual by this odd fear of it.
I look fcuking awesome in purple, in if I WAS a magician I would probably be the world's first magician that did actual magic instead of trickery.
Anyone dissed my purple shirt and I would just look at them and a team of harpies would appear out of thin air and tear them to pieces. Or maybe chickens with piranhas mouths. Haven't decided yet.



So... you want to frighten people with your shirt?
User avatar
Rod Rammage
 
Posts: 26396
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:05 am

Re: Do you own any PURPLE clothes?

Post by DI Burnside @ Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:44 pm

Only a matter of time before he appears in his own pic-a-cnut thread having been caught by one of us at Harry Potter World.
User avatar
DI Burnside
 
Posts: 17073
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:44 pm
Location: Beds
Highscores: 7

Re: Do you own any PURPLE clothes?

Post by S1K @ Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:27 pm

I went through a purple phase as a teenager where almost everything I wore was purple. I also had a purple bike and painted the long wall in my bedroom deep purple.

I don't think I have anything purple now.
User avatar
S1K
 
Posts: 5285
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:10 pm

Re: Do you own any PURPLE clothes?

Post by Käsemeister @ Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:35 pm

In solidarity with TT, even though he's inexplicably scared of Range Rovers, I have a purple shirt, pants, polo shirt and tshirt.
User avatar
Käsemeister
 
Posts: 36663
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:24 pm
Location: Hanging on in quiet desperation.

Re: Do you own any PURPLE clothes?

Post by Damien Thorn @ Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:39 pm

I won't wear purple because it looks awful contrasted with my skin tone, which is skin colour. Anyone else who also has skin-colour skin should avoid purple for the same reason: because it makes you look ill and weak and nocturnal/subterranean.

That's why it reminds you of magicians, because magicians tend to be ill and weak and nocturnal/subterranean. Or shit.
User avatar
Damien Thorn
Spamcop
Spamcop
 
Posts: 12243
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:24 am

Re: Do you own any PURPLE clothes?

Post by Damien Thorn @ Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:41 pm

HOWEVER! I will wear a minor orange item occasionally, amongst my usual grown-up, earthy, mildly-sinister range of greys and navy blues
User avatar
Damien Thorn
Spamcop
Spamcop
 
Posts: 12243
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:24 am

Re: Do you own any PURPLE clothes?

Post by S1K @ Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:46 pm

Damien Thorn wrote:HOWEVER! I will wear a minor orange item occasionally, amongst my usual grown-up, earthy, mildly-sinister range of greys and navy blues

Purple and orange are complementary colours, opposite each other on a colour wheel. So that proves something probably.

Image
Last edited by S1K on Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
S1K
 
Posts: 5285
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:10 pm

Re: Do you own any PURPLE clothes?

Post by Strawman @ Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:47 pm

I have two purple shirts.
User avatar
Strawman
 
Posts: 38586
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:50 pm
Location: insignificant next to the power of the force

Re: Do you own any PURPLE clothes?

Post by stuart @ Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:47 pm

I do not, but the last time I had a poker night at a mates, three of them turned up, by pure coincidence, in purple hoodies!
User avatar
stuart
I know a front door when I see one
 
Posts: 17605
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:15 pm
Location: All up in your biznez!
Highscores: 2

Re: Do you own any PURPLE clothes?

Post by Damien Thorn @ Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:48 pm

spast1kunt wrote:
Damien Thorn wrote:HOWEVER! I will wear a minor orange item occasionally, amongst my usual grown-up, earthy, mildly-sinister range of greys and navy blues

Purple and orange are complementary colours, opposite each other on a colour wheel. So that proves something probably.

Image

It proves I am THE EXACT POLAR OPPOSITE of tt. I'm happy with that.
User avatar
Damien Thorn
Spamcop
Spamcop
 
Posts: 12243
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:24 am

Re: Do you own any PURPLE clothes?

Post by S1K @ Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:57 pm

Damien Thorn wrote:
spast1kunt wrote:
Damien Thorn wrote:HOWEVER! I will wear a minor orange item occasionally, amongst my usual grown-up, earthy, mildly-sinister range of greys and navy blues

Purple and orange are complementary colours, opposite each other on a colour wheel. So that proves something probably.

Image

It proves I am THE EXACT POLAR OPPOSITE of tt. I'm happy with that.

I think in fact it proves that you and TT love each other and want to get married.

DaTho and TT
Up a tree
K.I.S.S.I.N.G...
User avatar
S1K
 
Posts: 5285
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:10 pm

Re: Do you own any PURPLE clothes?

Post by Damien Thorn @ Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:12 pm

spast1kunt wrote:
Damien Thorn wrote:
spast1kunt wrote:
Damien Thorn wrote:HOWEVER! I will wear a minor orange item occasionally, amongst my usual grown-up, earthy, mildly-sinister range of greys and navy blues

Purple and orange are complementary colours, opposite each other on a colour wheel. So that proves something probably.

Image

It proves I am THE EXACT POLAR OPPOSITE of tt. I'm happy with that.

I think in fact it proves that you and TT love each other and want to get married.

DaTho and TT
Up a tree
K.I.S.S.I.N.G...

Please show your working.
User avatar
Damien Thorn
Spamcop
Spamcop
 
Posts: 12243
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:24 am

Re: Do you own any PURPLE clothes?

Post by S1K @ Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:16 pm

Damien Thorn wrote:Please show your working.

Complementary means you were made for each other, like how opposites attract.
User avatar
S1K
 
Posts: 5285
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:10 pm

Re: Do you own any PURPLE clothes?

Post by Damien Thorn @ Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:38 pm

Curse you!
User avatar
Damien Thorn
Spamcop
Spamcop
 
Posts: 12243
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:24 am

Re: Do you own any PURPLE clothes?

Post by Otto Sump @ Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:13 pm

Rod Rammage wrote:Do you own any PURPLE clothes?

I do not because it is my WORST colour.

In my mind, it is a colour only worn by the worst sort of pervert.


I have just mentally run through my wardrobe in my head and I too do not either own any clothings which are purple in their colour; not even a pair of purple socks which were all the rage back in the day.

That's not bragging or "showing off" by the way, it is just a simple statement of facts.

Therefore, I am not the worst sort of pervert. Fact.
User avatar
Otto Sump
 
Posts: 4025
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:19 pm
Location: In the cupboard under Eddie Mair's stairs

Next

Return to Houses and Blouses

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

yt
  Enable youtube titles
cron