How to make a named link

Suggestions and comments about this little place.

Re: How to make a named link

Post by QoFE @ Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:37 pm

This post intentionally left blank.
QoFE

Post by Pigeon @ Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:57 pm

Headmistress wrote:I'll never forget the petition to get the name of the Two Towers film changed...

The wtf? Why on earth would anyone be trying to do that?

(checks link)

linked page wrote:First of all, as it CLEARLY states at the top of the page, "The Two Towers" was published in 1954, 47 years prior to the attacks, and thus the title could not have been drawn from 9-11.

Holy degenerate liquid shit, the idea that people could be that stupid simply never crossed my mind. I can't think why, but it didn't.

Next we'll be hearing some mongs claiming that Tolkien's book actually inspired the attack. Oh wait. Don't tell me. Someone already has said that?
Pigeon
CTF Technical Expert
CTF Technical Expert

Post by Parrot of Doom @ Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:15 pm

Parrot of Doom

Post by Strawman @ Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:17 pm

Did the photographer get danger money for taking that shot? :eek:
Strawman

Post by Parrot of Doom @ Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:19 pm

Pigeon wrote:That would be this article - for the benefit of people reading this thread after today, it's currently the front page featured article.

:rofl: @ shitstorm page. Wikipedia is home to some of the most fcuked-in-the-head people on the whole internet.

I just thought I'd add. Over 200,000 viewers on Thursday (estimated the third most popular front page article on Wiki ever, behind Barack Obama and Museum of Bad Art). 36,000 viewers the day after - very nearly more than the actual featured article for that day. Plenty of recorded complaints, and not just the whinging linked above, but proper authentic 'angry from Manchester' type complaints direct to the Wikimedia foundation.

Stephen Fry gave it his support here - http://twitter.com/stephenfry/status/2575353044

So all in all, I'm quite chuffed with the outcome. And I have Mary Tofts waiting in the wings, for 1 April next year...
Parrot of Doom

Post by TheCaseAce @ Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:49 pm

Parrot of Doom wrote:So all in all, I'm quite chuffed with the outcome. And I have Mary Tofts waiting in the wings, for 1 April next year...

That's gross!
Following her miscarriage, and while her cervix permitted access, an accomplice had inserted the claws and body of a cat, along with the head of a rabbit, into her womb.

Nasty beeyatch
TheCaseAce

Highscores: 1

Previous

Return to Website Feedback