Tesla Store Closures and price slashing.

General car gossip.

Tesla Store Closures and price slashing.

Post by Baby Huey @ Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:42 am

Tesla announce they are going to close a large number of stores and have slashed prices on the S and X Model.

I thought I was the only person that didn't see absolutely loads around.

Laterz, dumbfucks.
Baby Huey

Re: Tesla Store Closures and price slashing.

Post by Käsemeister @ Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:59 am

Confirmation bias is such a wonderful fluffy cuddly thing.
Käsemeister

Post by Dirk @ Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:17 pm

Keep up

Tesla to raise prices and keep more stores open

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-47521940
Dirk

Highscores: 5

Post by stuart @ Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:36 pm

Baby Huey wrote:Tesla announce they are going to close a large number of stores and have slashed prices on the S and X Model.

I thought I was the only person that didn't see absolutely loads around.

Laterz, dumbfucks.

THey are closing stores in an effort to lower prices on the cars.

Read the press release:

Press release

To achieve these prices while remaining financially sustainable, Tesla is shifting sales worldwide to online only. You can now buy a Tesla in North America via your phone in about 1 minute, and that capability will soon be extended worldwide. We are also making it much easier to try out and return a Tesla, so that a test drive prior to purchase isn’t needed. You can now return a car within 7 days or 1,000 miles for a full refund. Quite literally, you could buy a Tesla, drive several hundred miles for a weekend road trip with friends and then return it for free. With the highest consumer satisfaction score of any car on the road, we are confident you will want to keep your Tesla.

Shifting all sales online, combined with other ongoing cost efficiencies, will enable us to lower all vehicle prices by about 6% on average, allowing us to achieve the $35,000 Model 3 price point earlier than we expected. Over the next few months, we will be winding down many of our stores, with a small number of stores in high-traffic locations remaining as galleries, showcases and Tesla information centers. The important thing for customers in the United States to understand is that, with online sales, anyone in any state can quickly and easily buy a Tesla.

They have since decided to keep some stores open, guess stores in tactical locations...

It's a bold move. I'm not entirely convinced we are the point where people will go online on their phone and order a $35k car... BUt I hope it works out for them.

Also you understand the model 3 is the first affordable Tesla right? And deliveries to the UK haven't started yet?

So.... It's not a surprise there isn't an adundance of them on the roads yet....

I think Teslas real problem is that they are a bit of a victim of their own success... They have pre-orders coming out of their ears for the Model 3 and they're struggling to produce enough vehicles to fulfill demand, that might come back to bite them if they can't figure it out without sacrificing build quality.
Last edited by stuart on Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
stuart
I know a front door when I see one

Highscores: 2

Post by Tokyo Sexwale @ Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:01 pm

Just looking at two Teslae in the pub car park.
Tokyo Sexwale

Post by Damien Thorn @ Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:10 pm

Saw two Ss and an X in the space of a fifteen minute drive just now.
Damien Thorn
Spamcop
Spamcop

Post by Strawman @ Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:12 pm

I loaded some chairs into an X on Friday, the gullwing rear door is ace and I think more cars should have them.
Strawman

Post by DI Burnside @ Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:18 pm

Strawman wrote:I loaded some chairs into an X on Friday, the gullwing rear door is ace and I think more cars should have them.

I don't know if it was an X (or what it was beyond it being a Tesla) but the other day I commented to a woman who was getting stuff out of the back of one via said doors that it must be really handy, she replied "not so handy in a multi-story".

I thought they were good though.
DI Burnside

Highscores: 7

Post by Damien Thorn @ Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:24 pm

My b-i-l has a 3 on order. He cannot wait.

Also, stopped on the m40 Saturday morning so Little Miss Mischief could go to the loo, the services car park had a bank of something like 20 Tesla charging spaces. Cor.
Damien Thorn
Spamcop
Spamcop

Post by Strawman @ Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:32 pm

DI Burnside wrote:
Strawman wrote:I loaded some chairs into an X on Friday, the gullwing rear door is ace and I think more cars should have them.

I don't know if it was an X (or what it was beyond it being a Tesla) but the other day I commented to a woman who was getting stuff out of the back of one via said doors that it must be really handy, she replied "not so handy in a multi-story".

I thought they were good though.

Must have been, I think the blobby looking SUV, the X, is the only one to have them, I didn't think of that downside. Still looks cool though.
Strawman

Post by thekungfury @ Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:53 pm

Damien Thorn wrote:My b-i-l has a 3 on order. He cannot wait.

Also, stopped on the m40 Saturday morning so Little Miss Mischief could go to the loo, the services car park had a bank of something like 20 Tesla charging spaces. Cor.

Silverstone?

I don’t know if you can use non-Teslae (tm Tokes) on those chargers. Also don’t know if they’re free for owners.
thekungfury

Highscores: 1

Post by dirtyboy @ Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:22 am

I wouldn't buy one without seeing one in the flesh, but my mate (with the 1200hp GT-R and 458) has done just that by pre-ordering the mental Tesla Roadster!

I have seen and love the Model-X though and would buy it if I could afford it, which I can't so I won't.
dirtyboy

Post by stuart @ Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:27 pm

dirtyboy wrote:I wouldn't buy one without seeing one in the flesh, but my mate (with the 1200hp GT-R and 458) has done just that by pre-ordering the mental Tesla Roadster!

I have seen and love the Model-X though and would buy it if I could afford it, which I can't so I won't.

My mate has a deposit paid for the new Model 3, has done for at least a year now I think.

I'm not even sure he will get his car this year!

I'd be a bit concerned buying one at this stage, if Tesla aren't around in 5 years I'm not sure the cars will work... They seem to be heavily reliant on things like phoning-home and probably a lot of proprietary computer systems that can't be patched / fixed / worked on without Tesla tech.
Last edited by stuart on Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stuart
I know a front door when I see one

Highscores: 2

Post by Käsemeister @ Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:23 pm

The same applies to BMW / Merc etc. Hate to be all Pigeonny, but modern cars have so much more functionality to go wrong or just stop working thanks to lack of back end support.

A pal of mine has a midrange Merc and the app is amazing. Can’t help but wonder if it’ll still be supported or even work at all when the car is ten years old though...
Käsemeister

Post by Strawman @ Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:40 pm

At least Tesla are developing everything(?) open source, and if there is money in fixing things people will learn how to do it. Tesla will (probably) be around for a long while, if not primarily as a car manufacturer, then as a component supplier, or batteries or we'v.

The large battery facility they built in Australia has been very successful.

http://www.digitaljournal.com/tech-and- ... cle/533773
Strawman

Return to Car Chat