Some words - cars

General car gossip.

Re: Some words - cars

Post by Dirk @ Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:31 am

I think you have to separate being a cnut and achieving things. Most of the big achievers in history were cnuts
Dirk

Highscores: 5

Post by CJ+ @ Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:31 pm

Dirk wrote:I think you have to separate being a cnut and achieving things. Most of the big achievers in history were cnuts

Poor old ddd
CJ+

Highscores: 1

Post by Doctor Congo @ Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:30 pm

CJ+ wrote:
Dirk wrote:I think you have to separate being a cnut and achieving things. Most of the big achievers in history were cnuts

Poor old ddd

Truth snort
Doctor Congo

Post by Careless Whisperer @ Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:46 pm

This seems like an appropriate time to invoke Godwin's law...
Careless Whisperer

Post by Damien Thorn @ Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:47 am

I saw a brand new BMW 7 series this morning and it occurred to me what a crass looking car it is. Gaping basking shark front end with a colossal oversized grille. Horrid faux retro trail with nasty stick on chrome and haphazardly shaped lights.

I wondered what sort of person would have bought one of them, and as I drew level in the traffic I was surprised (-ist!) to see a smartly made up middle aged lady with two kids.

But not as surprised (-ist!) as I was to see that she had a diamond encrusted steering wheel! A silver wheel with a thick band of sparkle around the perimeter. Gasp!

So now I need to buy a new crassness meter, because this one's broken.
Damien Thorn
Spamcop
Spamcop

Post by Il Duce @ Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:21 am

Damien Thorn wrote:I saw a brand new BMW 7 series this morning and it occurred to me what a crass looking car it is. Gaping basking shark front end with a colossal oversized grille. Horrid faux retro trail with nasty stick on chrome and haphazardly shaped lights.

I wondered what sort of person would have bought one of them, and as I drew level in the traffic I was surprised (-ist!) to see a smartly made up middle aged lady with two kids.

But not as surprised (-ist!) as I was to see that she had a diamond encrusted steering wheel! A silver wheel with a thick band of sparkle around the perimeter. Gasp!

So now I need to buy a new crassness meter, because this one's broken.

I think you mistook the sparkly steering wheel for her vajazzle.
Il Duce
Italian Person
Italian Person

Post by Damien Thorn @ Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:45 am

It was terrifyingly massive in that case.
Damien Thorn
Spamcop
Spamcop

Post by thekungfury @ Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:45 am

I was going to say “Essex, though” but then remembered Ascot can be similar. The popped collar mustard chino gauche married to baseball cap gymwear Instagram tan and trout pout have some incredible taste in cars, particularly individualising them.
thekungfury

Highscores: 1

Post by S1K @ Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:51 am

The 7 series is indeed a seriously ugly car. I’ve seen a couple of 8 series on the road and was hard pressed to tell what they were. When you think back to the original 8 series and how immediately distinctive it was it’s a bit of a shame to see how bad some BMWs look in 2020. I’m sure they look great to someone but not me.
S1K

Post by Dirk @ Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:01 am

So are we saying a random middle aged woman in a 7 series beat DaTHo at the ring game using her vajazzle?

that is escalation.
Dirk

Previous

Return to Car Chat