Triumph TR7 V8 Hill Climb car

General car gossip.

Re: Triumph TR7 V8 Hill Climb car

Post by Hooli @ Fri May 19, 2017 8:34 pm

Deuteronomy wrote:Got to give him 10 out of 10 for style.

That is exactly how a RWD car should be driven flat out, great noise too. It almost looked speeded up at time with how quick that picked up speed.
Hooli
Turtle Rubber

Post by Deuteronomy @ Mon May 22, 2017 5:45 pm

Ages ago I painted the light pods.

I stripped them down completely and replaced the 7" sealed beam units with modern H4 Halogen units and got as much weight out as possible for the moment.

I'm going to keep them as electric pop-up for now and look to get them down to proper racing weight during the winter.

Stripped:

Etch primer (they were flatted back quite a few times after this):

I was really pleased with the top coat, lovely finish. I put them away and got them out again (months later) to find the paint has reacted slightly over time. Not enough to make me do it again, but disappointing nonetheless.

Anyway, fitted into the car (not got them wired properly yet, but manged to get one of them going up and down with some temp wiring). You can also see in this picture I've got the engine breathers in place now as well:

I got the external pulls (Bowden cables) for the electrical cut off and plumbed-in fire extinguisher sorted as well. Marked the panel:

Drilled both, installed one:

Second one in and both cables through the bulkhead I made:

Into the cabin (you can see from all the P-clips I'm about half way through sorting/re-doing the rest of the cars wiring):

To satisfy the regs I've got to sticker the pulls up for the marshals, same for the tow points - will do that all soon.
Deuteronomy

Post by Deuteronomy @ Tue May 23, 2017 9:04 am

Just noticed how much workshop dust is on the inside of the car, will clean that up before I put the new seats in.
Deuteronomy

Previous

Return to Car Chat