New Arrival: Audi RS6

General car gossip.

Re: New Arrival: Audi RS6

Post by DI Burnside @ Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:37 pm

It might fit better if you parked it straight....
DI Burnside

Highscores: 7

Post by WD40 @ Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:45 pm

Strawman wrote:Assuming door, since mirrors fold in, but garage walls don't fold out.

Some places quote both, some max width overall, some width with folded mirrors, not always clear which on a source that only gives one width measurement.
WD40

Post by Deuteronomy @ Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:47 pm

Strawman wrote:mirrors fold in, but garage walls don't fold out.

Alright Confucius!
Deuteronomy

Post by Turntable @ Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:50 pm

Just refreshing this to tell everyone how much I still love this car. More or less flawless. I even went off road in it recently down a river bank and across fields whilst fishing.
Depreciation is painful at £1k+ per month so I was toying with the idea of getting rid of it.
Especially as a while ago every warning light in the world came on warning me that my abs was malfunctioning, my esp was, my sport dif was, my start stop stopped working and my rear brake was permanently stuck on.
I took it into my local garage who put it on the machine and said it was a brake switch, and changed it to no avail.
I tried to book it in at my two most local Audi dealers who are specatucar cnuts. Next available slot was 6 weeks. When I laughed and said sooner, they cheerfully laughed back and said 'goodbye'. fcuking massive cnuts.
So I decided to just drive it around like that for a couple of months hating what was now a worthless and fcuked car.
Anyway, I google Audi independents the other day and it turns out there was one about a mile away. I dropped it off same-day and he called me tomorrow.
He said it was the strangest job he had had. He followed the diagnostics and stripped down to the brake switch and noticed my local garage had fitted it but had failed to turn a switch that effectively switches it on. Do he just did that, everything worked as it should and charged me next to nothing.
So now my car is perfect again and it is worth a depreciation for a couple more months!
best car I have owned.
Turntable

Post by Greg66 @ Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:18 pm

Nice to hear a good car story TT. Glad you're enjoying it.

I like mine better.

<cold smirk>
Greg66

Post by Turntable @ Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:35 pm

Greg66 wrote:Nice to hear a good car story TT. Glad you're enjoying it.

I like mine better.

<cold smirk>

Accepted. But when I take into account my good fortune of having my car and looking like this >points to face and giant cock> rather than having your car and looking like that >has a pained expression and can barely make my finger point towards the face in case it gets pointing aids< then I win overall I think!
Turntable

Post by Disastrous @ Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:42 pm

Makes me thankful I’ve got any transport at all.
Disastrous
Monkey Licker!

Post by Strawman @ Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:44 pm

I'm really glad you like this car TT, and that you have something equally as fast Gregg.
Strawman

Post by Greg66 @ Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:33 pm

Turntable wrote:
Greg66 wrote:Nice to hear a good car story TT. Glad you're enjoying it.

I like mine better.

<cold smirk>

Accepted. But when I take into account my good fortune of having my car and looking like this >points to face and giant cock> rather than having your car and looking like that >has a pained expression and can barely make my finger point towards the face in case it gets pointing aids< then I win overall I think!

I admit, that it is very convenient for you that you are able to point to your face and giant cock at the same time.

(Not because you penis come up to your face like some dancing cobra swaying to a piped tune you disgusting autosexualist, but because it grows out of your gigantic Tefal-toaster scientist forehead! HAHAHHA!)
Greg66

Post by Tokyo Sexwale @ Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:49 am

Glad to hear the Xmas tree dash wasn’t terminal or expensive. Has it used any consumables like tyres or pads yet?
Tokyo Sexwale

Post by Deuteronomy @ Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:59 am

Turntable wrote:Depreciation is painful at £1k+ per month

>rubs hands gleefully<

Soon my precious, soon.
Deuteronomy

Post by Turntable @ Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:25 am

Tokyo Sexwale wrote:Glad to hear the Xmas tree dash wasn’t terminal or expensive. Has it used any consumables like tyres or pads yet?

Not yet, although I am deliberately avoiding looking at them ever in case I notice they are low
Turntable

Post by Greg66 @ Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:26 am

Tokyo Sexwale wrote:Glad to hear the Xmas tree dash wasn’t terminal or expensive. Has it used any consumables like tyres or pads yet?

Yeah, I hadn’t twigged the 700bhp thing with this car. A heavy right foot will shred a set of tyres fairly rapidly, no? And what max output is the gearbox rated for?
Greg66

Post by Turntable @ Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:35 am

Greg66 wrote:

Yeah, I hadn’t twigged the 700bhp thing with this car. A heavy right foot will shred a set of tyres fairly rapidly, no? And what max output is the gearbox rated for?

No idea, but it is almost 600 as standard and apparently nearly 900 is cheaply and easily available so I assume the gearbox has some flexibility. I wont own it long enough to care in any case.
Turntable

Post by Tokyo Sexwale @ Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:41 am

Turntable wrote:
Greg66 wrote:

No idea, but it is almost 600 as standard and apparently nearly 900 is cheaply and easily available so I assume the gearbox has some flexibility. I wont own it long enough to care in any case.

Brave to type that out!
Tokyo Sexwale

Post by thekungfury @ Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:00 am

£1k+ makes me feel sick
thekungfury

Highscores: 1

Post by Deuteronomy @ Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:19 am

thekungfury wrote:£1k+ makes me feel sick

I, on the other hand, am fcuking delighted by this.
Deuteronomy

Post by Turntable @ Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:35 am

Yes, me too normally but I bought it knowing it wouldn't be great and allowed for it in this instance.
Turntable

Post by Il Duce @ Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:47 am

Turntable wrote:Audi dealers who are spectacular cnuts.
fcuking massive cnuts.

Welcome to my world!
Il Duce
Italian Person
Italian Person

Post by thekungfury @ Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:05 pm

Turntable wrote:

Yes, me too normally but I bought it knowing it wouldn't be great and allowed for it in this instance.

A friend of mine once bought a used 575M which had lost the original owner £100k in 4yrs and 10,000km
thekungfury

Post by Turntable @ Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:40 am

Just a little update is it will be gone soon

S1K wrote:Can you give us a bit of an idea of what a 700 bhp RS6 is like to live with TT? How fast is it when your really floor it?
Also, what sort of thing are you thinking of for the other car?

The phrase "whats it like to live with" always has an underlying suggestion of pain or compromise and this has exactly none.
Everyday driving around is like owning a lovely sounding normal car. There is almost no compromise at all and nothing whatsoever about that car that is irritating as an everyday driver. It just happens to have a giant amount of power should you want it.
With regards to 700 bph it is remarkably undramatic in the dry. The acceleration is so linear that it is just a massive shove in the back that remains constant right up until 150mph plus which comes in a very short length of time with no drama in any way. It is an absolutely awesome thing and remains completely poised whilst it is doing it. In the damp or wet, though, you have to be a touch careful. Flooring it at 70 or 80 mph will cause wheelspin and an adrenaline rush.
The only downside to it is that I find it a little difficult to drive fast around the country lanes due to its sheer size. Being wider than a transit van it often takes up the full width of its lane (and more if you want to leave space by the hedges). I have shit spatial awareness so driving fast around blind corners where you have to be exactly accurate in your staying-in-lane ability is difficult.
The long and short of it is that this car is 100% brilliant. Best car I have owned by a country mile and there is definitely no car to replace it with that I will like as much. 700bhp I use perhaps 0.0000004% of the time. Yet it is so nice to have.

The only reason I am getting rid of it is depreciation. In the year that I have owned it, it has cost me more or less the total in depreciation of all the other cars I have owned put together (excluding the Maserati and my wifes cars).
I just cant justify it.
It is also the case that this is now the only family car so my wife uses it quite regularly. Inherent in that is all the little scratches, wheel scuffs, kids grinding food into the carpets. It is making me too angry so it has to go.
Turntable

Post by minimoog @ Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:49 am

Turntable wrote:It is making me too angry so she has to go.

There's your solution right there :D
minimoog

Post by Strawman @ Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:02 pm

minimoog wrote:
Turntable wrote:It is making me too angry so she has to go.

There's your solution right there :D

are you out of your mind Moog, the cost of that would make a years depreciation on an RS6 look like chump change.
Strawman

Post by Dirk @ Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:25 pm

But you've already suffered the depreciation so why not keep it?

What is it worth now may I ask?
Dirk

Highscores: 5

Post by thekungfury @ Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:59 pm

Dirk wrote:But you've already suffered the depreciation so why not keep it?

It hasn't stopped depreciating.
thekungfury

Post by Dirk @ Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:01 pm

Gets slower though
Dirk

Highscores: 5

Post by Turntable @ Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:21 pm

Dirk wrote:But you've already suffered the depreciation so why not keep it?

What is it worth now may I ask?

It’s worth c£40k (realistically 37-38 when I p/ex it) and roughly 100 new
I hoped it had already done its depreciation when I bought it at just under 4 yrs and £46500 but it hasn’t .
There’s nothing to suggest it won’t keep dropping forever
Turntable

Post by Strawman @ Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:26 pm

If you keep it and it gets down to £2k I'm prepared to make a solid offer for that amount.
Strawman

Previous

Return to Car Chat