Electric Cars Spotted

General car gossip.

Electric Cars Spotted

Post by manfromdelmonte @ Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:54 am

Aren't electric cars fantastic? Let's post pictures of all the electric cars we see.

I saw this one yesterday out in the country, the range they get now is brilliant and will improve with every new generation. How tremendous.

Image
manfromdelmonte
 
Posts: 571
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:34 pm

Re: Electric Cars Spotted

Post by Käsemeister @ Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:37 am

Big laugh


Lovely colour.
User avatar
Käsemeister
 
Posts: 36866
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:24 pm
Location: Hanging on in quiet desperation.

Re: Electric Cars Spotted

Post by Baby Huey @ Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:02 am

manfromdelmonte wrote:Let's post pictures of all the electric cars we see.

]


It's going to be a rather short thread.
Baby Huey
 
Posts: 360
Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 2:47 pm

Re: Electric Cars Spotted

Post by Turntable @ Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:07 am

Laugh.
This is my favourite thread. Can’t wait to contribute because there are so many all over the place and I love them so much I photograph them, but until now I’ve had nowhere to show the photos
Last edited by Turntable on Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Turntable
 
Posts: 31341
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:47 pm
Highscores: 7

Re: Electric Cars Spotted

Post by S1K @ Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:22 am

All the Teslas I see seem to have Tesla themed numberplates. There's a TE55LLA round Swansea I quite regularly. My mother recognises them now and gets quite excited because she knows they're something different.
User avatar
S1K
 
Posts: 5814
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:10 pm

Re: Electric Cars Spotted

Post by Damien Thorn @ Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:48 pm

Baby Huey wrote:
manfromdelmonte wrote:Let's post pictures of all the electric cars we see.

]


It's going to be a rather short thread.


Not once I get started, there's tons of them around here. I see several most mornings just in half an hour driving to work.
Last edited by Damien Thorn on Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Damien Thorn
Spamcop
Spamcop
 
Posts: 12610
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:24 am

Re: Electric Cars Spotted

Post by Doctor Congo @ Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:48 pm

Saw a Tesla this morning, and a Renault Zoe tried tailgating me through Ashford, until we hit the A road and I put my foot down.
User avatar
Doctor Congo
 
Posts: 6347
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:39 pm

Re: Electric Cars Spotted

Post by Käsemeister @ Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:11 pm

There are a handful of S’s and at least one X around here. A couple at school too.

In the, you know, countryside. Maybe they do have range after all.
User avatar
Käsemeister
 
Posts: 36866
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:24 pm
Location: Hanging on in quiet desperation.

Re: Electric Cars Spotted

Post by Doctor Congo @ Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:43 pm

Oh there’s a brand new Tesla at work too.
User avatar
Doctor Congo
 
Posts: 6347
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:39 pm

Re: Electric Cars Spotted

Post by thekungfury @ Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:12 pm

Are we allowed hybrids too?

BMW HQ is near here and I see lots of i-cars around.
User avatar
thekungfury
 
Posts: 34571
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:27 pm
Highscores: 1

Re: Electric Cars Spotted

Post by Käsemeister @ Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:14 pm

They’re ace little things. Trying to persuade my mother to get one.
User avatar
Käsemeister
 
Posts: 36866
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:24 pm
Location: Hanging on in quiet desperation.

Re: Electric Cars Spotted

Post by moleamol @ Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:27 pm

No picture because it was so quick but there's a nice White Tesla Model S here with roof bars, one can only assume the range must be great on it and it can actually make it out of a town! There are also loads of BMW i-8s and Zoes. Probably loads more but I don't take that much notice because I'm not an obsessive oddball that thinks about nothing but electric cars and has an Elon Musk shrine with bad words wrote on it.
User avatar
moleamol
CTF Site Moderator & Tech Support
CTF Site Moderator & Tech Support
 
Posts: 11330
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:19 pm
Location: Wigwam

Re: Electric Cars Spotted

Post by Käsemeister @ Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:20 pm

Ah yes there’s an i8 that comes past here periodically. Awesome thing in dark grey and looks just like a batmobile.
User avatar
Käsemeister
 
Posts: 36866
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:24 pm
Location: Hanging on in quiet desperation.

Re: Electric Cars Spotted

Post by Tokyo Sexwale @ Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:24 pm

This weekend I have seen an i8, i3? (whatever the little one is) and 5 Teslas.

I remember being on the autobahn two years ago on my bike and I was doing about 140mph when something cane flipping flying up behind me and I quickly moved over expecting M/AMG/RS and it was a Tesla - really very impressive.
User avatar
Tokyo Sexwale
 
Posts: 48667
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:14 pm

Re: Electric Cars Spotted

Post by tanglerat @ Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:26 pm

I'm way way way out in the bogs and the hills, and this morning I spotted a charging point suitable for a couple of cars at the same time.

Wtf is that doing hereabouts? How can an electric car make it this far out of a town?
User avatar
tanglerat
Ruler of the Queen's Navee
 
Posts: 7188
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:49 pm

Re: Electric Cars Spotted

Post by Tokyo Sexwale @ Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:38 pm

Chicken and egg tr. got to have the infrastructure first.
User avatar
Tokyo Sexwale
 
Posts: 48667
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:14 pm

Re: Electric Cars Spotted

Post by Strawman @ Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:40 pm

Over 200 mile range on the newer Tesla range, one could easily get from Dublin to where you are on a single charge.
User avatar
Strawman
 
Posts: 39100
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:50 pm
Location: insignificant next to the power of the force

Re: Electric Cars Spotted

Post by thekungfury @ Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:02 pm

Charging points are for plug in hybrids too, mind.

We have a couple at work which are (currently) free and my colleagues charge them up during the day. They both live 40 miles away and the cars have a 30m range so their commute is mostly free.
User avatar
thekungfury
 
Posts: 34571
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:27 pm
Highscores: 1

Re: Electric Cars Spotted

Post by Dirk @ Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:51 pm

I have just been out for a few hours and have not seen any Teslas. This could be either
a) because I live in backward Somerset where we have straw sticking out of our mouths and mostly power cars by a mixture of red diesel and cow shit OR
b) because we have been cycling/walking on a canal path

I just checked my mouth and there is no straw. Thus I conclude it is option b, thus proving how shit Teslas are because they can't fit on canal paths
User avatar
Dirk
 
Posts: 29953
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:03 pm
Highscores: 5

Re: Electric Cars Spotted

Post by Careless Whisperer @ Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:10 pm

Dirk wrote:I have just been out for a few hours and have not seen any Teslas. This could be either
a) because I live in backward Somerset where we have straw sticking out of our mouths and mostly power cars by a mixture of red diesel and cow shit OR
b) because we have been cycling/walking on a canal path

I just checked my mouth and there is no straw. Thus I conclude it is option b, thus proving how shit Teslas are because they can't fit on canal paths

Did you see any electric narrowboats?
User avatar
Careless Whisperer
 
Posts: 14981
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:07 pm
Location: The Real World
Highscores: 5

Re: Electric Cars Spotted

Post by deev @ Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:16 pm

There's a red Jaguar electric thing up at my golf course fairly regularly. Like what'd happen if a mk1 Quashqai mated with a Jag F-Pace and a Tesla. Oddly bland.
User avatar
deev
Banger King
 
Posts: 14603
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:14 pm
Location: Giffnock
Highscores: 3

Re: Electric Cars Spotted

Post by HappyGoLucky @ Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:56 am

I regularly see i8's & i3's, but there's only a few Teslas over here.

Still, it's impressive that they made it all the way to Singapore, most probably without the need to recharge too.
User avatar
HappyGoLucky
 
Posts: 5708
Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 9:13 am
Location: Lost in my own little world!
Highscores: 3

Re: Electric Cars Spotted

Post by Damien Thorn @ Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:25 am

I'm not at work this morning so won't be seeing all the usual electric cars I would on my journey. So instead here's a list of what I might usually expect to see, just driving in to work:

1 x Tesla X
3 x Tesla S
3 x BMW i3
1 x BMW i8
2 X Nissan Leaf

Plus uncountable Priuses, eDrive BMWs, several VW Golf GTEs and Ford hybrid Mondeos, two Vauxhall Amperas and a Chevy Volt.
User avatar
Damien Thorn
Spamcop
Spamcop
 
Posts: 12610
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:24 am

Re: Electric Cars Spotted

Post by Dirk @ Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:12 am

Careless Whisperer wrote:
Did you see any electric narrowboats?

Not narrowboats, but did see some electric boats- there is a company that rent electric boats of various sizes out
User avatar
Dirk
 
Posts: 29953
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:03 pm
Highscores: 5

Re: Electric Cars Spotted

Post by Tokyo Sexwale @ Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:14 am

I’ve been on a few electric boats and they definitely have their place, like road EVs I guess. Been on a couple when turtle spotting so not to disturb them and also a lovely little village in France where they were eco/liked the quiet that only allowed electric. I’ve also seen electric outboards for canoes etc for sale recently. Pretty cool.
User avatar
Tokyo Sexwale
 
Posts: 48667
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:14 pm

Re: Electric Cars Spotted

Post by Käsemeister @ Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:16 am

I keep being tempted by one of those little electric outboards. Could be a lot of fun strapped to the transom of the rowboat.
User avatar
Käsemeister
 
Posts: 36866
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:24 pm
Location: Hanging on in quiet desperation.

Re: Electric Cars Spotted

Post by Dirk @ Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:19 am

Agreed. Electric narrowboats would be better too. Take away the noisy diesel and it would be a much better and more relaxing way of serenely traversing the countryside
User avatar
Dirk
 
Posts: 29953
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:03 pm
Highscores: 5

Re: Electric Cars Spotted

Post by Tokyo Sexwale @ Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:19 am

You should! I think most require a leisure battery in the boat to hook up to which I guess you can just leave in there permanently.
User avatar
Tokyo Sexwale
 
Posts: 48667
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:14 pm

Re: Electric Cars Spotted

Post by Tokyo Sexwale @ Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:21 am

Dirk wrote:Agreed. Electric narrowboats would be better too. Take away the noisy diesel and it would be a much better and more relaxing way of serenely traversing the countryside

Ample room on top for solar panels too. Would be really cool having a fully sustainable barge.
User avatar
Tokyo Sexwale
 
Posts: 48667
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:14 pm

Re: Electric Cars Spotted

Post by minimoog @ Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:32 am

User avatar
minimoog
 
Posts: 9357
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:03 am

Next

Return to Car Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

yt
  Enable youtube titles