Guess my new car game

General car gossip.

Re: Guess my new car game

Post by Greg66 @ Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:50 pm

Does the first letter of the name of the manufacturer appear before "M" in the alphabet?
User avatar
Greg66
 
Posts: 3602
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:03 pm

Re: Guess my new car game

Post by Turntable @ Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:51 pm

No. 8
User avatar
Turntable
 
Posts: 32037
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:47 pm
Highscores: 7

Re: Guess my new car game

Post by Clown Ice Skater #4 @ Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:52 pm

Is it 4WD?
User avatar
Clown Ice Skater #4
 
Posts: 3808
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:40 am
Location: Melos Station

Re: Guess my new car game

Post by Bodhi @ Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:52 pm

Turntable wrote:
Greg66 wrote:Is it British?


Yes


Oh no!

Is it an Ariel Atom? It had better be otherwise it’s a TVR or a Morgan and that’s just awful.
User avatar
Bodhi
 
Posts: 14289
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:35 am

Re: Guess my new car game

Post by Greg66 @ Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:53 pm

Is the second letter of the manufacturer's name a vowel?
User avatar
Greg66
 
Posts: 3602
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:03 pm

Re: Guess my new car game

Post by Turntable @ Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:54 pm

Clown Ice Skater #4 wrote:Is it 4WD?


No, 9 (I had to google it. I didn't even know!)
User avatar
Turntable
 
Posts: 32037
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:47 pm
Highscores: 7

Re: Guess my new car game

Post by Turntable @ Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:55 pm

Bodhi wrote:
Turntable wrote:
Greg66 wrote:Is it British?


Yes


Oh no!

Is it an Ariel Atom? It had better be otherwise it’s a TVR or a Morgan and that’s just awful.


No, No and No

12
User avatar
Turntable
 
Posts: 32037
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:47 pm
Highscores: 7

Re: Guess my new car game

Post by Turntable @ Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:55 pm

Greg66 wrote:Is the second letter of the manufacturer's name a vowel?


Ridiculous.
No, 13
User avatar
Turntable
 
Posts: 32037
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:47 pm
Highscores: 7

Re: Guess my new car game

Post by Turntable @ Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:56 pm

Just for taking too long.

No, 14
User avatar
Turntable
 
Posts: 32037
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:47 pm
Highscores: 7

Re: Guess my new car game

Post by Greg66 @ Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:56 pm

Mr Turntable, please try to ignore the members of the public at the back of the court when they shout out random questions. Just focus on my questions, answer them to the best of your ability, and we will be able to move along quite nicely. Thank you.

It's a Mclaren, isn't it?
User avatar
Greg66
 
Posts: 3602
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:03 pm

Re: Guess my new car game

Post by Turntable @ Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:57 pm

Yes it is Greg. Your questioning suggests you concluded this quite some time ago
User avatar
Turntable
 
Posts: 32037
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:47 pm
Highscores: 7

Re: Guess my new car game

Post by Bodhi @ Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:58 pm

Oh I’m so angry jealous right now.

Well done - what model etc etc etc
User avatar
Bodhi
 
Posts: 14289
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:35 am

Re: Guess my new car game

Post by Greg66 @ Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:59 pm

Turntable wrote:Yes it is Greg. Your questioning suggests you concluded this quite some time ago


No. Just wanted to clear the decks.

Does it have a 5 in the model name?
Last edited by Greg66 on Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
User avatar
Greg66
 
Posts: 3602
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:03 pm

Re: Guess my new car game

Post by Strawman @ Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:03 pm

Wow well done on getting one of those.
User avatar
Strawman
 
Posts: 40415
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:50 pm
Location: insignificant next to the power of the force

Re: Guess my new car game

Post by Turntable @ Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:11 pm

Greg66 wrote:
Turntable wrote:Yes it is Greg. Your questioning suggests you concluded this quite some time ago


No. Just wanted to clear the decks.

Does it have a 5 in the model name?


No, 15.
I don't mind saying now or do you want to play this out?
User avatar
Turntable
 
Posts: 32037
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:47 pm
Highscores: 7

Re: Guess my new car game

Post by Turntable @ Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:12 pm

Actually Yes. I have just remember that it does have a 5 in the model name. What a dick.
14
User avatar
Turntable
 
Posts: 32037
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:47 pm
Highscores: 7

Re: Guess my new car game

Post by Turntable @ Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:13 pm

Ive got to go in a meeting for a little while so its a black 570 Spider
I am so very very happy.
Ill post pics in a while.
User avatar
Turntable
 
Posts: 32037
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:47 pm
Highscores: 7

Re: Guess my new car game

Post by Greg66 @ Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:19 pm

Very, very, nice. I am very envious. Not least because over the summer I played around on the internet wondering whether I could get a 540 to go alongside the AM, then reality, Mrs 66 and the shallowness of my wallet bludgeoned me to death all at once. I really like the 540/570 cars, and also the 650. And they are reputedly astonishingly good to drive.

Back to business.

Just before you leave the witness box, Mr Turntable, I'd just like to ask you about a couple of statements that you made earlier to the police.

The first one:

Turntable wrote:I deliberately left McLaren out of my argument because they are in the same category for me that I do not understand how anyone could part with so much money for something so ordinary looking. (although I don't count the P1 because even if a little ordinary in pictures, in the flesh it looks quite awesome)


And then again in March of this year:

Turntable wrote:And I do very much like a lot of modern supercar designs (except anything McLaren)


Would you care to explain yourself to the jury?



And to make sure it is on the transcript: I won.
User avatar
Greg66
 
Posts: 3602
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:03 pm

Re: Guess my new car game

Post by Deuteronomy @ Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:22 pm

Greg66 wrote:Very, very, nice. I am very envious. Not least because over the summer I played around on the internet wondering whether I could get a 540 to go alongside the AM, then reality, Mrs 66 and the shallowness of my wallet bludgeoned me to death all at once. I really like the 540/570 cars, and also the 650. And they are reputedly astonishingly good to drive.

Back to business.

Just before you leave the witness box, Mr Turntable, I'd just like to ask you about a couple of statements that you made earlier to the police.

The first one:

Turntable wrote:I deliberately left McLaren out of my argument because they are in the same category for me that I do not understand how anyone could part with so much money for something so ordinary looking. (although I don't count the P1 because even if a little ordinary in pictures, in the flesh it looks quite awesome)


And then again in March of this year:

Turntable wrote:And I do very much like a lot of modern supercar designs (except anything McLaren)


Would you care to explain yourself to the jury?



And to make sure it is on the transcript: I won.


MASSIVE laugh at all of this.

I'm pleased as anything for TT and more than a little jealous :D
User avatar
Deuteronomy
 
Posts: 17650
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:57 pm

Re: Guess my new car game

Post by Greg66 @ Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:22 pm

Turntable wrote:
Greg66 wrote:
Turntable wrote:Yes it is Greg. Your questioning suggests you concluded this quite some time ago


No. Just wanted to clear the decks.

Does it have a 5 in the model name?


No, 15.
I don't mind saying now or do you want to play this out?


I did have a nice little question tree mapped out. I might even have been able to get the colour inside 20 Qs, but never mind.
User avatar
Greg66
 
Posts: 3602
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:03 pm

Re: Guess my new car game

Post by Deuteronomy @ Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:35 pm

Greg66 wrote:
Turntable wrote:
Greg66 wrote:
Turntable wrote:Yes it is Greg. Your questioning suggests you concluded this quite some time ago


No. Just wanted to clear the decks.

Does it have a 5 in the model name?


No, 15.
I don't mind saying now or do you want to play this out?


I did have a nice little question tree mapped out. I might even have been able to get the colour inside 20 Qs, but never mind.


I bet your kids fcuking hate playing 20 Qs with you, I bet you take it so seriously and then send them a bill in guineas.
User avatar
Deuteronomy
 
Posts: 17650
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:57 pm

Re: Guess my new car game

Post by Il Duce @ Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:39 pm

Is it a Fiat?
Il Duce
Italian Person
Italian Person
 
Posts: 13659
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:08 am
Location: Subway can fvck off too!

Re: Guess my new car game

Post by Greg66 @ Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:45 pm

Deuteronomy wrote:
Greg66 wrote:
Turntable wrote:
Greg66 wrote:
Turntable wrote:Yes it is Greg. Your questioning suggests you concluded this quite some time ago


No. Just wanted to clear the decks.

Does it have a 5 in the model name?


No, 15.
I don't mind saying now or do you want to play this out?


I did have a nice little question tree mapped out. I might even have been able to get the colour inside 20 Qs, but never mind.


I bet your kids fcuking hate playing 20 Qs with you, I bet you take it so seriously and then send them a bill in guineas.


Everything’s a competition, Doots.

Everything.
User avatar
Greg66
 
Posts: 3602
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:03 pm

Re: Guess my new car game

Post by Turntable @ Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:54 pm

Greg66 wrote:Just before you leave the witness box, Mr Turntable, I'd just like to ask you about a couple of statements that you made earlier to the police.

The first one:

Turntable wrote:I deliberately left McLaren out of my argument because they are in the same category for me that I do not understand how anyone could part with so much money for something so ordinary looking. (although I don't count the P1 because even if a little ordinary in pictures, in the flesh it looks quite awesome)


And then again in March of this year:

Turntable wrote:And I do very much like a lot of modern supercar designs (except anything McLaren)


Would you care to explain yourself to the jury?



And to make sure it is on the transcript: I won.


Its a fair point. I had stopped really noticing Mclarens because the previous generation I maintain look utterly rubbish (particularly the rear view) or looked good but cost a million pounds:
Image

But then when I came to buy a new car I saw the new generation of them and fell in love.
User avatar
Turntable
 
Posts: 32037
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:47 pm
Highscores: 7

Re: Guess my new car game

Post by Turntable @ Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:58 pm

This is mine:

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
User avatar
Turntable
 
Posts: 32037
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:47 pm
Highscores: 7

Re: Guess my new car game

Post by Dirk @ Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:59 pm

Excellent choice TT, jealous
User avatar
Dirk
 
Posts: 31529
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:03 pm
Highscores: 5

Re: Guess my new car game

Post by foo @ Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:02 pm

It isn't fair.
User avatar
foo
Spamcop
Spamcop
 
Posts: 1765
Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 2:35 pm
Location: the Internet

Re: Guess my new car game

Post by Clown Ice Skater #4 @ Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:03 pm

Crikey! I nearly suggested a McLaren when you said 'British' but then thought 'surely not'. Very nice!
User avatar
Clown Ice Skater #4
 
Posts: 3808
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:40 am
Location: Melos Station

Re: Guess my new car game

Post by Il Duce @ Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:29 pm

So TT you fired Tokey and made him be a nurse and with the money you saved you bought yourself a racing car?
Bravo!
Il Duce
Italian Person
Italian Person
 
Posts: 13659
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:08 am
Location: Subway can fvck off too!

Re: Guess my new car game

Post by Damien Thorn @ Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:31 pm

Excellent, well done TT!
User avatar
Damien Thorn
Spamcop
Spamcop
 
Posts: 13919
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:24 am

PreviousNext

Return to Car Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 2 guests

yt
  Enable youtube titles