Stuck in limbo

A more tightly moderated area.

Stuck in limbo

Post by Hooli @ Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:57 pm

Before anyone suggests it, I am going to talk to a solicitor. I'm in the process of booking appointments etc

So to the question, any idea where I stand on trying to get out of my current situation?

My ex says she wants the house we jointly own, as she's paid more in I've agreed to that & agreed to a frankly insultingly small payout just to get out. I've found a place to move too, got the mortgage etc organised & I'm now stuck. She isn't answering any calls, texts, letters or notes through the door of where she's living (I've never seen her in to knock). So I'm here, in the house paying all the bills & mortgage since Sept & unable to leave.

Frankly it sucks to be forced to buy a house I'll never own (if that makes sense). Any ideas how I can force her to respond & get this sorted out?
Hooli
Turtle Rubber

Re: Stuck in limbo

Post by Clown Ice Skater #4 @ Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:47 pm

Do you know why she isn't responding? It seems odd to drag things out like that when it would benefit her to crack on with it. Has there been an argument?
Clown Ice Skater #4

Post by Rod Rammage @ Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:57 am

No idea!

Hooli wrote:Before anyone suggests it, I am going to talk to a solicitor.

Yes.
Rod Rammage

Post by Hooli @ Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:44 pm

Clown Ice Skater #4 wrote:Do you know why she isn't responding? It seems odd to drag things out like that when it would benefit her to crack on with it. Has there been an argument?

No idea, last time we talked was civil enough. I suspect she doesn't want to pay the mortgage yet so has decided to drag it out & let me buy her house for her...
Hooli
Turtle Rubber

Post by Careless Whisperer @ Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:53 pm

Solicitors letter stating the agreement was made in September or whenever and your settlement value must increase to the value of your mortgage contributions thereafter. That would negate the suspected purpose of delaying the transaction.

Alternatively, get a Solicitors letter stating that the agreement has been reneged on by her lack of action and therefore no longer stands. You will now seek to get your entirely fair share out of the sale of the property.

Either way it's no longer going to be gentle, but you're being mugged at the moment.
Careless Whisperer

Highscores: 5

Post by Hooli @ Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:02 pm

Cheers CW. Those where roughly the directions I thought it might go. I was trying to avoid all this, but she is taking the piss now & I won't wait any longer.
Hooli
Turtle Rubber

Return to Serious Chat