What have you watched on telly?

Some things cultured but mostly films and telly stuff.

Re: What have you watched on telly?

Post by Disastrous @ Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:04 am

Strawman wrote:It's a long tim since I've watched Buffy, but I didn't remember any of that from it.



Ha! FFS - why did I quote that?? Altered Carbon obvs.
User avatar
Disastrous
Monkey Licker!
 
Posts: 38856
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:58 pm

Re: What have you watched on telly?

Post by Strawman @ Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:07 am

Laugh, I thought so. I liked the back story bit
plus
  • SPOILER: Mouse over to reveal
    • It gave him a reason to trudge off at the end in search of his lost love from 300+ years ago
User avatar
Strawman
 
Posts: 38603
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:50 pm
Location: insignificant next to the power of the force

Re: What have you watched on telly?

Post by Disastrous @ Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:10 am

Strawman wrote:Laugh, I thought so. I liked the back story bit
plus
  • SPOILER: Mouse over to reveal
    • It gave him a reason to trudge off at the end in search of his lost love from 300+ years ago



Agreed, it wasn’t a bad back story but I thought it wasn’t handled especially well and as he flashbacks were a bit jarring in tone.
User avatar
Disastrous
Monkey Licker!
 
Posts: 38856
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:58 pm

Re: What have you watched on telly?

Post by span @ Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:46 am

We wanted something pleasant to watch last night because Sunday night, and we were both too fearful of the final Black Mirror of the series (has anyone seen it yet? If so can you just say whether it's a particularly cheerful / bleak one?)

Anyway I remembered I'd been strongly recommended Somebody Feed Phil on Netflix. Phil is Phil Rosenthal who created Everybody Loves Raymond, and it's a travel documentary where he goes around eating in different places. The only one I've seen so far is Bangkok, and it was thoroughly enjoyable.

He's immensely likeable and I've never seen so many amazing looking foods in one programme. We had beef stew for tea and still Mr S had to go and make a sandwich! I really wanted to but I've still got the last 3lbs of the Christmas Half Stone to lose, so I didn't.

I recommend it. 4.5 phils out of a possible 5 phils.
User avatar
span
 
Posts: 6441
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:14 pm

Re: What have you watched on telly?

Post by Strawman @ Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:10 pm

I thought the last episode of Black Mirror (episode 6) was the worst one,
  • SPOILER: Mouse over to reveal
    • ends sort of upbeat but parts of it are really awful.
User avatar
Strawman
 
Posts: 38603
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:50 pm
Location: insignificant next to the power of the force

Re: What have you watched on telly?

Post by Il Duce @ Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:14 pm

span wrote: I've still got the last 3lbs of the Christmas Half Stone to lose,


laugh at woman mixing measurements to put a positive spin on it.
Il Duce
Italian Person
Italian Person
 
Posts: 12107
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:08 am

Re: What have you watched on telly?

Post by span @ Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:50 pm

Il Duce wrote:
span wrote: I've still got the last 3lbs of the Christmas Half Stone to lose,


laugh at woman mixing measurements to put a positive spin on it.

Haha! I don't accept that; you're just being all Italian about it. To say 3lbs of the Christmas Seven Pounds would be borderline American.

The other option would be to say '3 / 7ths of the Christmas Stone', because I would NOT say "half of the Christmas stone" because it's less than half left, you hear?!!
User avatar
span
 
Posts: 6441
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:14 pm

Re: What have you watched on telly?

Post by Il Duce @ Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:18 pm

span wrote:
Il Duce wrote:
span wrote: I've still got the last 3lbs of the Christmas Half Stone to lose,


laugh at woman mixing measurements to put a positive spin on it.

Haha! I don't accept that; you're just being all Italian about it. To say 3lbs of the Christmas Seven Pounds would be borderline American.

The other option would be to say '3 / 7ths of the Christmas Stone', because I would NOT say "half of the Christmas stone" because it's less than half left, you hear?!!



Spanga! spanga! I've no idea where you get this idea you need to lose weight you look superb as you are.


And that gents was a perfect example of how to charm your way out of an imminent kicking from a weight comment.
Il Duce
Italian Person
Italian Person
 
Posts: 12107
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:08 am

Re: What have you watched on telly?

Post by span @ Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:30 pm

Il Duce wrote:Spanga! spanga! I've no idea where you get this idea you need to lose weight you look superb as you are.

>drunk and through mouthful of cake< Too late!! You obviously think I look enormous thanks for ruining everything
User avatar
span
 
Posts: 6441
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:14 pm

Re: What have you watched on telly?

Post by CJ+ @ Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:24 pm

>turns topic of conversation back to telly and away from Span's weight issues<

Sat on the sofa and watched a few of the new series of Silent Witness yesterday. Still enjoying, but definitely enjoy more when Amelia Fox's character doesn't spend the whole episode crying and/or wistfully looking out of the window.
User avatar
CJ+
 
Posts: 15935
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:39 pm
Location: Lave Orbital Station
Highscores: 1

Re: What have you watched on telly?

Post by Il Duce @ Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:24 pm

span wrote:
Il Duce wrote:Spanga! spanga! I've no idea where you get this idea you need to lose weight you look superb as you are.

>drunk and through mouthful of cake< Too late!! You obviously think I look enormous thanks for ruining everything


Not enormous so to speak.
More big boned.
Or curvy.
Or Rubenesque.
And there's that problem with your glands which can't help, can it?


Listen, have another slice of cake, come and sit here and we'll start ordering all of your clothes in a bigger size ok hun?
Il Duce
Italian Person
Italian Person
 
Posts: 12107
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:08 am

Re: What have you watched on telly?

Post by ttwiggy @ Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:24 pm

span wrote:Haha! I don't accept that; you're just being all Italian about it. To say 3lbs of the Christmas Seven Pounds would be borderline American.

The other option would be to say '3 / 7ths of the Christmas Stone', because I would NOT say "half of the Christmas stone" because it's less than half left, you hear?!!


So Span(m), is it half a stone or a stone? You seem conflicted.
ttwiggy
 
Posts: 1553
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:54 pm

Re: What have you watched on telly?

Post by Il Duce @ Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:33 pm

ttwiggy wrote:
span wrote:Haha! I don't accept that; you're just being all Italian about it. To say 3lbs of the Christmas Seven Pounds would be borderline American.

The other option would be to say '3 / 7ths of the Christmas Stone', because I would NOT say "half of the Christmas stone" because it's less than half left, you hear?!!


So Span(m), is it half a stone or a stone? You seem conflicted.


Wow! You are going so be killed so dead.
We shall mark your grave with the warrior sign for "fearless"
Il Duce
Italian Person
Italian Person
 
Posts: 12107
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:08 am

Re: What have you watched on telly?

Post by Deuteronomy @ Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:22 am

I'm really enjoying Altered Carbon - it's like a cross between Blade Runner and Demolition Man.
User avatar
Deuteronomy
 
Posts: 16319
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:57 pm

Re: What have you watched on telly?

Post by Clown Ice Skater #4 @ Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:31 am

Deuteronomy wrote:I'm really enjoying Altered Carbon - it's like a cross between Blade Runner and Demolition Man.


I was going to give this a go. Mr C was watching it but managed to binge the whole series before I realised.
User avatar
Clown Ice Skater #4
 
Posts: 2808
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:40 am
Location: Melos Station

Re: What have you watched on telly?

Post by Deuteronomy @ Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:32 am

Clown Ice Skater #4 wrote:
Deuteronomy wrote:I'm really enjoying Altered Carbon - it's like a cross between Blade Runner and Demolition Man.


I was going to give this a go. Mr C was watching it but managed to binge the whole series before I realised.


I wish I'd watched it with my wife as I think she'd have enjoyed it too.

It certainly employs the basic staples of tits and fighting, but in the future!
User avatar
Deuteronomy
 
Posts: 16319
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:57 pm

Re: What have you watched on telly?

Post by CJ+ @ Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:58 am

Deuteronomy wrote:
Clown Ice Skater #4 wrote:
Deuteronomy wrote:I'm really enjoying Altered Carbon - it's like a cross between Blade Runner and Demolition Man.


I was going to give this a go. Mr C was watching it but managed to binge the whole series before I realised.


I wish I'd watched it with my wife as I think she'd have enjoyed it too.

It certainly employs the basic staples of tits and fighting, but in the future!

Right, I've been through the whole thing, and overall I liked it. I thought the ending was a bit limp.

OTOH, I just watched a Black Mirror with a happy ending (Hang The DJ)! How weird is that!?
User avatar
CJ+
 
Posts: 15935
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:39 pm
Location: Lave Orbital Station
Highscores: 1

Re: What have you watched on telly?

Post by Doctor Congo @ Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:19 pm

After a slightly weird and incomprehensible start, I’m enjoying this a lot
User avatar
Doctor Congo
 
Posts: 6165
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:39 pm

Previous

Return to Nervy's Culture Club

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

yt
  Enable youtube titles