What have you watched on telly?

Some things cultured but mostly films and telly stuff.

Re: What have you watched on telly?

Post by Clown Ice Skater #4 @ Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:00 am

NNK wrote:
Damien Thorn wrote:I've been meaning to post about the hearse ep of Top Gear. What absolute shit. Morons, being stupid. Juvenile and unfunny.

My thoughts too.
Chris Harris was a motoring journalist before I believe.
The money must be good to become the 'idiots plaything' on TG. Obv staged but I dont think I would have been happy about a water melon smashed on my head.

Chris Harris worked for PH for a while. It was hilarious watching the forum members fawn over him. There was lots of 'You, sir, should be on Top Gear!' type posts (oh how prescient of them!) and people wanting Monkey Harris to be their bestest car fwend. On the flip side, there were always the dickheads who knew he posted on the forum who tried to bait him. It was just embarrassing all round, much like when Jason Plato appeared on that weird guy's thread.
Clown Ice Skater #4

Post by span @ Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:28 am

I'm really enjoying the new series of Stranger Things so far. Between serieses I never feel that fussed about it, but while it's on I love it.

My only complaint is that one of the new characters, the girl who works in the icecream parlour with Steve, is jarringly NOT eighties looking. She's pretty in a modern way and has modern hair. Dear Points Of View Why Oh Why. Though she's apparently the daughter of Uma Thurman and Ethan Hawke, so.

There is a mayor in it too, who's another great hire from the actual eighties!
span

Post by Clown Ice Skater #4 @ Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:37 am

span wrote:I'm really enjoying the new series of Stranger Things so far. Between serieses I never feel that fussed about it, but while it's on I love it.

I lost interest in ST halfway through the first series. I'm considering taking it up again though because everyone says how good it is.
Clown Ice Skater #4

Post by Tokyo Sexwale @ Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:07 am

span wrote:I'm really enjoying the new series of Stranger Things so far. Between serieses I never feel that fussed about it, but while it's on I love it.

My only complaint is that one of the new characters, the girl who works in the icecream parlour with Steve, is jarringly NOT eighties looking. She's pretty in a modern way and has modern hair. Dear Points Of View Why Oh Why. Though she's apparently the daughter of Uma Thurman and Ethan Hawke, so.

How did I miss that a new series is out?! Love Stranger Things and this has made my day.
Tokyo Sexwale

Post by Damien Thorn @ Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:21 am

Tokyo Sexwale wrote:

How did I miss that a new series is out?! Love Stranger Things and this has made my day.
Unbelievable!
Damien Thorn
Spamcop
Spamcop

Post by thekungfury @ Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:12 am

span wrote:My only complaint is that one of the new characters, the girl who works in the icecream parlour with Steve, is jarringly NOT eighties looking. She's pretty in a modern way and has modern hair. Dear Points Of View Why Oh Why.

I think they tried to Molly Ringwald/LikeAPrayerMadonna her up but I agree it hasn’t worked.
thekungfury

Highscores: 1

Post by thekungfury @ Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:13 am

btw does nobody at the police station not ask where Hopper is? He strolls round in beige but never does any actual policing afaict.
thekungfury

Highscores: 1

Post by DI Burnside @ Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:55 pm

Am I the only one that, when a new series comes out, has no recollection whatsoever what happened in the previous series nor even what the program is about ?
DI Burnside

Highscores: 7

Post by Clown Ice Skater #4 @ Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:45 pm

DI Burnside wrote:Am I the only one that, when a new series comes out, has no recollection whatsoever what happened in the previous series nor even what the program is about ?

Yes, it's because you're brain-damaged though.
Clown Ice Skater #4

Post by DI Burnside @ Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:59 pm

Clown Ice Skater #4 wrote:
DI Burnside wrote:Am I the only one that, when a new series comes out, has no recollection whatsoever what happened in the previous series nor even what the program is about ?

Yes, it's because you're brain-damaged though.

And old.
DI Burnside

Highscores: 7

Post by minimoog @ Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:28 pm

Not the only one, no :(
minimoog

Previous

Return to Nervy's Culture Club