What have you watched on telly?

Some things cultured but mostly films and telly stuff.

Re: What have you watched on telly?

Post by Careless Whisperer @ Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:57 am

I watched this Mark Kermode documentary on The Exorcist last night: https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p ... e-exorcist

I think the film is brilliant and have seen the original version of this documentary in the past, but what struck me this time was how alike the director was to Donald Trump. Previously I thought he was very creative, using unorthodox methods to get brilliant results, but this time, the power of Trump compelled me to think of him as a cnut.

A small example of how views on history can be changed by modern attitudes.
Careless Whisperer

Highscores: 5

Post by Damien Thorn @ Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:33 pm

My fave telly at the moment is the utterly fluff-nothing House Of Games on BBC2. We watch it together as the Family Thorn and the questions are straightforward enough for the children to enjoy as well s being fun for us adults.

Dispensible fun.
Damien Thorn
Spamcop
Spamcop

Post by Clown Ice Skater #4 @ Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:41 pm

Anyone watching Giri/Haji? We’re on ep3 and really liking it.
Clown Ice Skater #4

Post by Damien Thorn @ Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:00 pm

I plussed them all so far, but then binned them off unwatched out of overwhelming cba-ness. I'm not surprised it's good, but I only really wanted to watch it because of my Jap-predilictions.
Damien Thorn
Spamcop
Spamcop

Post by Greg66 @ Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:00 am

Living With Yourself. Paul Rudd. Netflix. Good. Watch it.
Greg66

Post by span @ Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:27 am

Greg66 wrote:Living With Yourself. Paul Rudd. Netflix. Good. Watch it.

Yes we've been watching and enjoying this, too. Better than I thought it was going to be.
span

Post by stuart @ Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:23 am

span wrote:

Yes we've been watching and enjoying this, too. Better than I thought it was going to be.

This was pretty good despite Paul Rudd's annoying face.
stuart
I know a front door when I see one

Highscores: 2

Post by thekungfury @ Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:30 am

span wrote:

Same. Silly idea that I thought would run out of steam earlier than it has.

I thought it was a surprisingly big gig for Aisling Bea. I’m happy for her because I like her a lot.
thekungfury

Highscores: 1

Post by Deuteronomy @ Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:19 pm

thekungfury wrote:
span wrote:

Same. Silly idea that I thought would run out of steam earlier than it has.

I thought it was a surprisingly big gig for Aisling Bea. I’m happy for her because I like her a lot.

Yes, it's lovely, funny and bitter-sweet.
Deuteronomy

Post by Damien Thorn @ Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:53 pm

I've been out this evening and just got in to discover Mrs Thorn watching the Pride Of Britain Awards.

fcuking hell! The absolute STATE of Carol Vorderman! I initially only recognized her from her voice, her face is an absolute surgical shambles. And her tits are ridiculous now. She's like something off Eurotrash.
Damien Thorn
Spamcop
Spamcop

Post by Doctor Congo @ Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:02 pm

Succession. Truly brilliant tv. Watch it
Doctor Congo

Post by span @ Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:34 am

Doctor Congo wrote:Succession. Truly brilliant tv. Watch it

Yes I'm kind of surprised it hasn't had more fuss on here. It is ridiculously astonishingly good. That a bunch of such unlikeable people can keep you so enthralled is a massive achievement.

Hey Dr C have you watched all of them?
span

Post by Il Duce @ Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:05 am

Damien Thorn wrote:I've been out this evening and just got in to discover Mrs Thorn watching the Pride Of Britain Awards.

fcuking hell! The absolute STATE of Carol Vorderman! I initially only recognized her from her voice, her face is an absolute surgical shambles. And her tits are ridiculous now. She's like something off Eurotrash.

She was in my mates nightclub in Cardiff during a rugby event. He said in real life her arse and tits are unreal. Like something a 12 year old would draw.
Il Duce
Italian Person
Italian Person

Post by Doctor Congo @ Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:25 am

span wrote:
Doctor Congo wrote:Succession. Truly brilliant tv. Watch it

Yes I'm kind of surprised it hasn't had more fuss on here. It is ridiculously astonishingly good. That a bunch of such unlikeable people can keep you so enthralled is a massive achievement.

Hey Dr C have you watched all of them?

Midway through series 2 at present. A truly brilliant program with some of the most awful people in it. Brilliantly written characters.
Doctor Congo

Post by Damien Thorn @ Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:39 am

Il Duce wrote:
Damien Thorn wrote:I've been out this evening and just got in to discover Mrs Thorn watching the Pride Of Britain Awards.

She was in my mates nightclub in Cardiff during a rugby event. He said in real life her arse and tits are unreal. Like something a 12 year old would draw.
I don't like to be mean about people, as you know. But my goodness this was an extraordinary sight.
Damien Thorn
Spamcop
Spamcop

Post by span @ Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:01 am

I've seen a few pics of Carol recently and have felt for that poor woman. Obviously extremely bright, but now at presumably almost 90 years old being photographed everywhere in shiny rubber trousers. They should NEVER have given her Rear Of The Year, but of course they could never have known where it would lead.
span

Post by Damien Thorn @ Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:06 am

span wrote:I've seen a few pics of Carol recently and have felt for that poor woman. Obviously extremely bright, but now at presumably almost 90 years old being photographed everywhere in shiny rubber trousers. They should NEVER have given her Rear Of The Year, but of course they could never have known where it would lead.
You being sympathetic is even more brutal than me being rude
Damien Thorn
Spamcop
Spamcop

Post by thekungfury @ Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:23 am

Damien Thorn wrote:
Il Duce wrote:

I don't like to be mean about people, as you know. But my goodness this was an extraordinary sight.

This intrigued me enough to google. I don't know what's funnier, her appearance or the fact she says she's not had surgery.
thekungfury

Post by Turntable @ Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:34 am

Damien Thorn wrote:
span wrote:I've seen a few pics of Carol recently and have felt for that poor woman. Obviously extremely bright, but now at presumably almost 90 years old being photographed everywhere in shiny rubber trousers. They should NEVER have given her Rear Of The Year, but of course they could never have known where it would lead.
You being sympathetic is even more brutal than me being rude

:biglaugh:
Turntable

Highscores: 7

Post by Turntable @ Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:35 am

Anyone here seen Stath Lets Flats?

Very funny and very easy watching. There are some proper classic episodes. Almost a cross between the office, people do nothing and phone shop.
Watch it or I will never post again.
Turntable

Post by Greg66 @ Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:36 am

Turntable wrote:Anyone here seen Stath Lets Flats?

Very funny and very easy watching. There are some proper classic episodes. Almost a cross between the office, people do nothing and phone shop.
Watch it or I will never post again.

If Stath is Jason Statham I shall not be watching it.
Greg66

Post by span @ Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:55 am

grrrr I can't believe you TT!! I've been blathering on about stath to absolute silence.

Jamie Demetriou is ace isn't he, and so is his sister. I frequently relisten to Tash Demetriou's episodes (there are two of them) on Adam Buxton's podcasts, I laugh my absolute head off at them. But I remind myself that men can frequently be just as funny as women, so I do follow Jamie too.
span

Post by Turntable @ Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:18 am

Greg66 wrote:If Stath is Jason Statham I shall not be watching it.

Of COURSE not. I thought you knew me better than that? As IF I would ever watch anything with him in it.
Turntable

Post by Damien Thorn @ Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:24 am

Turntable wrote:
Greg66 wrote:If Stath is Jason Statham I shall not be watching it.

Of COURSE not. I thought you knew me better than that? As IF I would ever watch anything with him in it.
Sadface
Damien Thorn
Spamcop
Spamcop

Post by thekungfury @ Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:18 pm

Watchmen ep2 is excellent. Love what they're building towards here.
thekungfury

Post by Damien Thorn @ Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:17 pm

I'm itching to watch 3, from this week. I just need more time!
Damien Thorn
Spamcop
Spamcop

Post by Damien Thorn @ Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:34 pm

Damien Thorn wrote:I'm itching to watch 3, from this week. I just need more time!

I just watched Watchmen episode 3. Utterly brilliant. Somehow even better than the first two episodes, both of which I loved. This ep was jam packed with tiny details that allude to the original comic story, as well as just generally being a cool hour of excellent telly. Fab. Cannot wait for the next one. If ever there was a show I wanted to binge through the whole series of, it's this.
Damien Thorn
Spamcop
Spamcop

Post by Strawman @ Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:37 pm

I'm watching these weekly, but will binge re-watch the whole thing when it is finally over.
Strawman

Post by Doctor Congo @ Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:32 pm

Damien Thorn wrote:
Damien Thorn wrote:I'm itching to watch 3, from this week. I just need more time!

I just watched Watchmen episode 3. Utterly brilliant. Somehow even better than the first two episodes, both of which I loved. This ep was jam packed with tiny details that allude to the original comic story, as well as just generally being a cool hour of excellent telly. Fab. Cannot wait for the next one. If ever there was a show I wanted to binge through the whole series of, it's this.

It was just brilliant wasn’t it? The 52 minutes literally flew by. Truly masterful film making
Doctor Congo

Post by Clown Ice Skater #4 @ Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:44 pm

Britannia is back on. Admittedly, it’s a bit marmite, I love it but Mr C hated it. It’s a continuation of the first season, with druids leaping around by firelight while David Morrisey tries to organise the Roman occupation of Britain to the music of the drug-fuelled 70s. Stupid, but fun.
Clown Ice Skater #4

PreviousNext

Return to Nervy's Culture Club