Are you watching X Factor this year?

Some things cultured but mostly films and telly stuff.

Re: Are you watching X Factor this year?

Post by Damien Thorn @ Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:28 am

X Factor is terrible this year. I've even resorted to 30x ing through the Saturday night show too now, like I often would the Sunday results. Whizz through previously, on X Factor, whizz through intros, whizz through flannel, listen to first few lines of song, whizz, whizz, listen to first few lines of song, whizz, whizz. Rinse and repeat. Terrible. I want them all to lose, and luckily, on Sunday's results, the shoe-in megastar winner Tamera almost did and ended up in bottom. Ha!

She survived, however.
Damien Thorn
Spamcop
Spamcop

Post by thekungfury @ Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:33 am

It's truly dreadful this year isn't it?
thekungfury

Highscores: 1

Post by Damien Thorn @ Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:42 am

I don't know why it feels so rubbish, because it's essentially the same programme it's always been. But it's horrid and unenjoyable and almost unendurable. I think it's a combo of a poor catch of finalists and judges now one step beyond self-caricature. And Sharon Osborne, who should be banned from telly for life.
Damien Thorn
Spamcop
Spamcop

Post by thekungfury @ Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:00 am

Damien Thorn wrote:I think it's a combo of a poor catch of finalists and judges now one step beyond self-caricature.

I think that's it. The box ticking exercise of theblackone, thefatone, thefitboy, thecuteboy, thequirkygirl, theprettygirl, thescottishone, etc. is predictable and tiresome. The songs all seem dulled down and boring.

Gary Barlow has realised that being cruel doesn't suit him so we don't have a villain on the panel. Sharon isn't a villain, she's just a cnut.

I've also never FF through the shows as much. Imagine watching that shit live!
thekungfury

Highscores: 1

Post by Strawman @ Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:34 am

Is it suffering the fate of all reality shows when they've run long enough, that the contestants are acting the way they have seen previous winner's act, so no longer 'reality' ? I' only watched one season a few years ago so don't know or care.
Strawman

Post by harper @ Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:19 pm

Strawman wrote:Is it suffering the fate of all reality shows when they've run long enough, that the contestants are acting the way they have seen previous winner's act, so no longer 'reality' ? I' only watched one season a few years ago so don't know or care.

I was told the other day that in 2014 they are doing a show on winter sports celeb's Eddie Eagle is one of the mentors, tara palma tomkinson is going to be in it..( plenty of white stuff for her there), yea like you say SM, they are getting boring.
harper

Post by Damien Thorn @ Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:17 pm

Good grief! X Factor started again last night. Kind of sneaked up, so I missed it. Luckily* my box auto-plussed it, so now I can gradually infuriate, exasperate and depress myself in weekly increments on the the month run up to Christmas. Phew!
Damien Thorn
Spamcop
Spamcop

Post by Doctor Congo @ Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:38 pm

Damien Thorn wrote:Good grief! X Factor started again last night. Kind of sneaked up, so I missed it. Luckily* my box auto-plussed it, so now I can gradually infuriate, exasperate and depress myself in weekly increments on the the month run up to Christmas. Phew!

Dr Mrs C watched that last night and laughed at the candidates who are clearly mentally ill and wept along with the mawkish and saccharine hard luck stories.
Doctor Congo

Post by moleamol @ Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:49 pm

Doctor Congo wrote:
Damien Thorn wrote:Good grief! X Factor started again last night. Kind of sneaked up, so I missed it. Luckily* my box auto-plussed it, so now I can gradually infuriate, exasperate and depress myself in weekly increments on the the month run up to Christmas. Phew!

Dr Mrs C watched that last night and laughed at the candidates who are clearly mentally ill and wept along with the mawkish and saccharine hard luck stories.

fcuking hell Congers you beast! Are you made of brownstone.
moleamol
CTF Site Moderator & Tech Support

Post by Doctor Congo @ Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:01 pm

moleamol wrote:
Doctor Congo wrote:

That's racist!
Doctor Congo

Post by moleamol @ Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:06 pm

Doctor Congo wrote:
moleamol wrote:
Doctor Congo wrote:

That's racist!

Report it to the moderator! Hahahahahahahahaha.
moleamol

Post by Doctor Congo @ Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:08 pm

moleamol wrote:
Doctor Congo wrote:
moleamol wrote:
Doctor Congo wrote:

That's racist!

Report it to the moderator! Hahahahahahahahaha.

Dictator!!
Doctor Congo

Previous

Return to Nervy's Culture Club