John Finnemore. Can't stand ya!

Some things cultured but mostly films and telly stuff.

John Finnemore. Can't stand ya!

Post by Baby Huey @ Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:37 am

Seriously, why is he famous?

Wrote and performed the godawful Cabin Pressure.

Currently writing and performing the godawful Souvenir Programme.

Stunk up the room with My Teenage Diaries the other night.

His very occasional appearances on stuff like The News Quiz show he is very much a "comedy" writer rather than a comedian.
Baby Huey
 
Posts: 604
Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 2:47 pm

Re: John Finnemore. Can't stand ya!

Post by S1K @ Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:39 am

He's one of my favourites.

Cabin Pressure is brilliant and his Souvenir Programme is too. He's wonderful when he's on The Unbelievable Truth on Radio 4 too, right up there with Richard Osman.
User avatar
S1K
 
Posts: 6507
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:10 pm

Re: John Finnemore. Can't stand ya!

Post by Dirk @ Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:54 am

Baby Huey wrote:Seriously, why is he famous?

Wrote and performed the godawful Cabin Pressure.

Currently writing and performing the godawful Souvenir Programme.

Stunk up the room with My Teenage Diaries the other night.

His very occasional appearances on stuff like The News Quiz show he is very much a "comedy" writer rather than a comedian.

<Dirk has changed his status from "Ambivalent towards Finnemore" to "Big Fan">
User avatar
Dirk
 
Posts: 30648
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:03 pm
Highscores: 5

Re: John Finnemore. Can't stand ya!

Post by span @ Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:06 am

S1K wrote:He's one of my favourites.

Cabin Pressure is brilliant and his Souvenir Programme is too. He's wonderful when he's on The Unbelievable Truth on Radio 4 too, right up there with Richard Osman.

Yes I agree with S1K on all of that. Love John Finnemore and all of those programmes.

Baby Huey I think we're getting too hung up on things you don't like. No one likes a negative nelly so I'm going to make you a nice thread for your favourites. In fact, for ALL our favourites!! >enjoys applause from all of CTF<
User avatar
span
 
Posts: 7096
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:14 pm

Re: John Finnemore. Can't stand ya!

Post by thekungfury @ Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:19 am

Dirk wrote:
Baby Huey wrote:Seriously, why is he famous?

Wrote and performed the godawful Cabin Pressure.

Currently writing and performing the godawful Souvenir Programme.

Stunk up the room with My Teenage Diaries the other night.

His very occasional appearances on stuff like The News Quiz show he is very much a "comedy" writer rather than a comedian.

<Dirk has changed his status from "Ambivalent towards Finnemore" to "Big Fan">

Same, albeit it's gone from "Never heard of him" to "big fan"

The Baby Huey Razor.
User avatar
thekungfury
 
Posts: 35476
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:27 pm
Highscores: 1

Re: John Finnemore. Can't stand ya!

Post by Damien Thorn @ Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:39 am

thekungfury wrote:
Dirk wrote:
Baby Huey wrote:Seriously, why is he famous?

Wrote and performed the godawful Cabin Pressure.

Currently writing and performing the godawful Souvenir Programme.

Stunk up the room with My Teenage Diaries the other night.

His very occasional appearances on stuff like The News Quiz show he is very much a "comedy" writer rather than a comedian.

<Dirk has changed his status from "Ambivalent towards Finnemore" to "Big Fan">

Same, albeit it's gone from "Never heard of him" to "big fan"

The Baby Huey Razor.
Is never heard of him either. I like the Razor.
User avatar
Damien Thorn
Spamcop
Spamcop
 
Posts: 13084
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:24 am


Return to Nervy's Culture Club

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

yt
  Enable youtube titles